Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Do we WANT Premier League football???? 16:13 - Sep 2 with 12069 viewsGammon

Lots of Swans fans I know are enjoying life in the Champ these days. No stress of going down, matches are better and we dominate games more often than not....

I don't know if I can handle life back in the Prem. Its too stressful and with our owners we come straight back down anyway.
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:17 - Sep 6 with 1157 viewsrockinjk

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 10:07 - Sep 3 by Chubz

For me it's a no - based on what I saw over 7 seasons. The few fun moments are just not worth the whole experience. The whole circus that goes on outside the playing field is also obscene.

Of course if we win promotion I'll take it - but don't expect me to enjoy it.

Good grief

This type of attitude sets Wales back
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:29 - Sep 6 with 1151 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:17 - Sep 6 by rockinjk

Good grief

This type of attitude sets Wales back

Graveyard of ambition?? Definitely for some!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:41 - Sep 6 with 1151 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 19:18 - Sep 3 by Pacemaker

Bournemouth are bankrolled by a Russian oligarch so it does not matter how big their soon to be demolished stadium is and I have no doubt that they will get a full 30k every week once it’s built.

Not sure Bournemouth will be able to triple their average attendance.
A club of Bournemouth size will struggle to average much more than 20,000.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 10:46 - Sep 7 with 1094 viewsCatullus

I just want to enjoy going to the Swans, wherever that is. I'm not the diehard I once was, I rarely do away games now and for the first time in over 20 years I don't have a season ticket. I reached a point where all that really matters (in whatever I do) is being happy and having fun.
I have enjoyed this season so far, and I enjoyed last season. I didn't enjoy the last 3 seasons of the EPL but the first 4 were pretty damn good.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:15 - Sep 8 with 1015 viewsrockinjk

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 18:29 - Sep 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Graveyard of ambition?? Definitely for some!

It’s very much a Welsh trait that on the one hand makes me love Wales. The sort of chilled out, modest, nostalgia but on the other irritates me because it means we will always accept satisfactory and don’t aim high.

The latter is where I would like us to go really. You have to aim high, you have to
move forward. That’s why the jocks get more respect in the press they don’t just be a lapdog to the English
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:12 - Sep 17 with 846 viewsGammon

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:15 - Sep 8 by rockinjk

It’s very much a Welsh trait that on the one hand makes me love Wales. The sort of chilled out, modest, nostalgia but on the other irritates me because it means we will always accept satisfactory and don’t aim high.

The latter is where I would like us to go really. You have to aim high, you have to
move forward. That’s why the jocks get more respect in the press they don’t just be a lapdog to the English

Modest? We're unbearable when we win a rugby match against England. Very cringeworthy stuff.

I couldn't give a s**t about Cardiff, England, Bristol or Timbuktu. Swansea till I die boys, focus on us not them.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 16:13]
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 16:31 - Sep 17 with 833 viewsTreforys_Jack

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 10:46 - Sep 7 by Catullus

I just want to enjoy going to the Swans, wherever that is. I'm not the diehard I once was, I rarely do away games now and for the first time in over 20 years I don't have a season ticket. I reached a point where all that really matters (in whatever I do) is being happy and having fun.
I have enjoyed this season so far, and I enjoyed last season. I didn't enjoy the last 3 seasons of the EPL but the first 4 were pretty damn good.

Perfect post for me, exactly how I feel, really not sure if it's an age thing or the PL finished me off. Still got a season ticket but whereas a defeat yrs ago ruined my weekend , now it's just a half hr sulk.
Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:47 - Sep 17 with 807 viewsTimTtam

Ffs, of course we want Premier League football.

Yes it's a struggle for survival most years, but it's the peak of English football and where every club aspires to one day play. The media exposure and TV money does wonders for a club. Especially, it allows a club to invest heavily in their academy, training facilities, or stadium upgrades.

If a club knows how to manage their money and it prepared for the worst-case scenario, then PL football is what they'd want. Huddersfield had 6 months to prepare for the championship, and with a huge parachute payment, yet they may do a Sunderland. Stoke tried to buy the PL, but have learned that sometimes it works (Newcastle, Aston Villa), but sometimes it doesn't (Derby, Sheffield Wednesday).

If we manage the miracle and get promoted, we'll be able to manage our finances a lot better. Then even if we come straight back down, we'll have a) proved that we're not one-time PL wonders and b) earned 35M & 30M parachute payments that we can actually use to invest in a squad.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Login to get fewer ads

Do we WANT Premier League football??? on 22:31 - Sep 18 with 680 viewsCatullus

Do we WANT Premier League football???? on 17:47 - Sep 17 by TimTtam

Ffs, of course we want Premier League football.

Yes it's a struggle for survival most years, but it's the peak of English football and where every club aspires to one day play. The media exposure and TV money does wonders for a club. Especially, it allows a club to invest heavily in their academy, training facilities, or stadium upgrades.

If a club knows how to manage their money and it prepared for the worst-case scenario, then PL football is what they'd want. Huddersfield had 6 months to prepare for the championship, and with a huge parachute payment, yet they may do a Sunderland. Stoke tried to buy the PL, but have learned that sometimes it works (Newcastle, Aston Villa), but sometimes it doesn't (Derby, Sheffield Wednesday).

If we manage the miracle and get promoted, we'll be able to manage our finances a lot better. Then even if we come straight back down, we'll have a) proved that we're not one-time PL wonders and b) earned 35M & 30M parachute payments that we can actually use to invest in a squad.

The media only really cares about the top teams though they do love the occassional upset. As for the money on offer, it's that money that leads to so many problems for so many teams.
If teams get relegated they become a financial basket case overnight. We did and we weren't the worst case. When a club with crowds of 30,000 or less is paying several players over 35k per week and a few others considerably more, trouble is not far away.

The academy, now it has proved it's worth since we came down but ho many academy players got a real chance in the EPL? Then, how many teams use EPL riches to upgrade their stadium? All we upgraded were basoically what the EPL rules said we had to.

You can take it that I was disillusioned with the EPL. It's set up to serve the top 6/7, the rest are just fodder.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024