Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Welsh media 18:57 - Sep 2 with 1537 viewssainthelens

Listen, I honestly don't give 2 fcks, but some on here last couple of days aggrieved at lack of just about anything regarding the club's coverage etc.
Out of pure curiosity I've just seen tonight's bbc/itv local news....not one mention we are top of the league.
Mrs wondering why I'm giggling at that.
It's blatant.....isn't it ?
Welsh media on 19:07 - Sep 2 with 1485 viewsJBT95

Too true sadly
Welsh media on 19:09 - Sep 2 with 1475 viewsswan_si

We nearly got a mention on bbc news on Saturday, well they said "City replaced Leeds at the top of the championship", the actual word Swansea was mouthed but for some technical reason there was no audio. FACT.
Welsh media on 19:12 - Sep 2 with 1449 viewsLuther27

Same on Sky earlier. They talked about Charlton...quick mention of Swansea...then the usual cok sucking of Leeds.
Welsh media on 19:16 - Sep 2 with 1425 viewspencoedjack

I also laughed at the non mention on bbc Wales news tonight.
Welsh media on 19:17 - Sep 2 with 1419 viewsNotLoyal

It's been the same since time began.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Welsh media on 19:30 - Sep 2 with 1363 viewsThrasher6

Answers on a postcard to Paul Abbandonato, Head of Sport at Media Wales...

All the lackeys below him as well...bringing down journalism in Wales with their schoolboy antics...scum of the highest order

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Welsh media on 19:40 - Sep 2 with 1317 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Welsh media on 19:30 - Sep 2 by Thrasher6

Answers on a postcard to Paul Abbandonato, Head of Sport at Media Wales...

All the lackeys below him as well...bringing down journalism in Wales with their schoolboy antics...scum of the highest order

Who the headslapping tw@t who’s head of BBC Wales sport? Name , shame and troll

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Welsh media on 19:45 - Sep 2 with 1301 viewssg1912

Welsh media do not mention us because the vast majority of sports journalists are Cardiff fans and national media try to ignore us because we are Welsh added in with the fact that they still view us as little old Swansea from the vetch that are denying Leeds etc their 'rightful place'
Login to get fewer ads

Welsh media on 19:48 - Sep 2 with 1273 viewssainthelens

Reading these comments, I'd hazard a guess the squad may just feel the same. Could well build bit of a siege mentality....I'd be ok with that if was the case.
Welsh media on 19:50 - Sep 2 with 1262 viewsAguycalledJack

The fact that I couldn’t listen to the game in the car when I drove from Neath- gorseinon- Carmarthen is pathetic.

We had better coverage when we were in the old 3rd and 4th divisions.
Welsh media on 19:55 - Sep 2 with 1235 viewsWxmJax

Every time Sue Charles presents the weather she only gives the outlook for Cardiff. Sounds petty but it's the drip drip drip effect.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Welsh media on 19:58 - Sep 2 with 1215 viewsbuilthjack

Welsh media on 19:55 - Sep 2 by WxmJax

Every time Sue Charles presents the weather she only gives the outlook for Cardiff. Sounds petty but it's the drip drip drip effect.

Sue two steps. She always takes two steps forward after presenting. Guaranteed.
She's a Landod girl.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Welsh media on 20:16 - Sep 2 with 1119 viewsFireboy2

Welsh media on 19:48 - Sep 2 by sainthelens

Reading these comments, I'd hazard a guess the squad may just feel the same. Could well build bit of a siege mentality....I'd be ok with that if was the case.

Me too saint and long may it continue.
Welsh media on 20:21 - Sep 2 with 1092 viewsAl_Bundy

Are we all feeling neglected again
Welsh media on 20:44 - Sep 2 with 1034 viewsGroo

6 games

Groo does what Groo does best

Welsh media on 20:45 - Sep 2 with 1027 viewsAlfieMooresSon

They should have shown some interest especially with a New Manager from up the road, there is a definite story of interest there, if it keeps up they will have too, let's give them the benefit of doubt and see what happens in another month or two?
Welsh media on 20:48 - Sep 2 with 1015 viewsAlfieMooresSon

Welsh media on 19:45 - Sep 2 by sg1912

Welsh media do not mention us because the vast majority of sports journalists are Cardiff fans and national media try to ignore us because we are Welsh added in with the fact that they still view us as little old Swansea from the vetch that are denying Leeds etc their 'rightful place'

It's not that, everyone hates Leeds!
Welsh media on 21:15 - Sep 2 with 924 viewsKilkennyjack

Most fans go social media these days.

Feck the BBC.
Unless you want a sycophantic story about the Royal family, or maybe immigrants in Calais its a complete waste of time.

Biased broadcasting company. BBC.
It could teach the north Koreans a thing or two about brain washing the population.
Sicko Jimmy Savile sums the organisation up.

Beware of the Risen People

Welsh media on 21:19 - Sep 2 with 904 viewsBrynmill_Jack

They hate us and they can't cope with the fact that we look streets ahead of their beloved C#####ff and know with their style of play it isn't going to change. Hahahahahaha

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Welsh media on 21:20 - Sep 2 with 899 viewsjackrabbit

Welsh media on 20:21 - Sep 2 by Al_Bundy

Are we all feeling neglected again

Excellent report in yesterday’s Sunday Telegraph Sport - first time since we were relegated. Usually lucky to get the merest mention.

CHAMPIONSHIP
Routledge strikes late to steal victory for Swansea
Swansea City's Wayne Routledge celebrates after he scores the winner during the Sky Bet Championship match at Elland Road, Leeds. PRESS ASSOCIATION Photo. Picture date: Saturday August 31, 2019. See PA story SOCCER Leeds.

Match winner: Wayne Routledge celebrates his goal that ensured Swansea a first win at Leeds in 70 years Credit: PA
Leeds United
Swansea City
Routledge 90
Att: 34,935
By Gabriel Kerr at Elland Road
Steve Cooper will leave poring over the Championship table to others despite his side claiming top spot after they ended Leeds United’s unbeaten start to the season.
As statement results go, this was up there with the most eye-catching, but the Swansea head coach wasn’t in the mood to engage in any kind of unwise hyperbole despite the impressive way his side maintained their own undefeated record thanks to a dramatic 90th-minute intervention from substitute Wayne Routledge.
“I’ve not even looked at the table yet this season,” insisted Cooper, who has made an immediate impact since taking charge over the summer. This was the Swans’ fifth victory in six games, and their first at Elland Road for almost 70 years.
Cooper, who guided England Under-17s to World Cup success two years ago, added: “It’s a good result, there’s no doubt about it, but that’s all it is, one result in a long, long season.
“Not many teams will come here and intend to play like we did today. It’s not really about making a statement at this stage, it’s more about looking at ourselves and striving to be better.
“We felt there were areas in the Leeds game we could exploit. It’s a pleasing victory, but it’s way too early for any mention of being top at this stage.”
Marcelo Bielsa refused to be too critical of his side, who failed to score on home soil for the first time in almost six months due to a combination of wasteful finishing and some admirably stolid defending from the visitors, whose centre-back pairing of Joe Rodon and Mike van der Hoorn excelled form start to finish.
Despite that, the hosts could have been out of sight by the interval, with Liam Cooper’s header from a corner in first-half stoppage time crashing back off the crossbar.
Ezgjan Alioski at this stage spurned two clear chances when arriving unmarked at the far post as Swansea initially struggled to cope with the threat of Stuart Dallas down the hosts’ right. Patrick Bamford headed another of the full-back’s inviting centres wide and his replacement after the break, the on-loan Arsenal forward Eddie Nketiah, was also guilty of frittering away two good chances.
He fired over when, for once evading the Swansea defence, before sending an unmarked header into the side-netting when it appeared easier to score.
Without the £40m attacking threat of Daniel James and Oli McBurnie following their departure to the Premier League over the summer, Swansea still carried menace going forward, especially on the break.
Leeds goalkeeper Kiko Casilla was forced into a hurried save by the excellent Matt Grimes, and substitute Sam Surridge narrowly failed to direct a late headed effort on target.
Routledge then stepped up to settle matters.
He maintained his composure in a crowded penalty area as stoppage-time approached, to send a far from 
perfectly-struck shot bouncing into the bottom corner from a dozen yards. And thus seal a classic smash-and-grab result.
Bielsa said: “We needed to win 
today, or at the very minimum not to lose. To be fair, I can’t be too critical of the players, but we’ve lost a game that we could have won.
‘‘That’s five points we’ve dropped at home, and we’ve created enough chances so far this season to have won all our six games so far, so that’s a disappointment.”

I miss this level of coverage since we’ve been in this tawdry division. Let’s hope there’s some truth in the old adage.....THE JACKS ARE GOING UP!....again. ⚽️🏆🤪
[Post edited 2 Sep 2019 21:25]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024