Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Brexit die tonight? 11:59 - Sep 3 with 28974 viewswestwalesed

When this bill passes, which I expect it to, my understanding is that the EU theoretically can propose a different extension to the proposed January 31st, 2020 date currently in the bill.

The bill states that the PM has to accept that date, and that Parliament has two days to either accept or reject it (thereby putting any future extension date in the hands of Parliament as opposed to the PM). Given that we have a remain leaning parliament currently it's hard tp see how any proposed date would be rejected.

PM Johnson would then seek an election as he has stated, but now that it is looking as if the opposition parties may not get to the two-thirds of MPs required to trigger it, there will be no election at all. What then?

With a Govt that has to accept any date given and Parliament refusing to give him an opportunity to change the make up of the Commons, is this the day that Brexit dies?

Is it revoking A50 by the back door?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:08 - Sep 8 with 1329 viewsHighjack

If they veto I imagine the remain cabal will just force us to revoke. They’ve probably discussed this plan already with Macron.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:10 - Sep 8 with 1319 viewsmonmouth

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:08 - Sep 8 by Highjack

If they veto I imagine the remain cabal will just force us to revoke. They’ve probably discussed this plan already with Macron.

Lets hope so, eh.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:12 - Sep 8 with 1311 viewsHighjack

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:10 - Sep 8 by monmouth

Lets hope so, eh.

Yep. This pretence that we’re ever going to be allowed to leave has to end at some point.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:12 - Sep 8 with 1307 viewsmonmouth

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:12 - Sep 8 by Highjack

Yep. This pretence that we’re ever going to be allowed to leave has to end at some point.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:21 - Sep 8 with 1294 viewsexiledclaseboy

Does Brexit die tonight? on 18:56 - Sep 8 by monmouth

Me too. Do people think they are investing NI conts?? Do they even think NI conts are hypothecated to NHS, benefits and pensions?

Unfunded scheme, just like the civil service gold plated final salary ones.

Coudn't resist, obviously....

Actually now the DVLC is an A, are the pensions contributory and less generous, or are they still leeching off the taxpayer udder?

Edit. Just seen Sherpa beat me to it. Bloody Sherpas. first up everest, first to bring rich mandarins to book...
[Post edited 8 Sep 2019 19:01]

The A didn’t alter the fact that were civil servants.

Poll: Tory leader

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:52 - Sep 8 with 1262 viewslonglostjack

Tin foil hat alert. 😂 I sense that this will be the final extension if granted. The EU has better things to be getting on with than dealing with a petulant UK.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Does Brexit die tonight? on 20:26 - Sep 8 with 1225 viewsFlashberryjack

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:52 - Sep 8 by longlostjack

Tin foil hat alert. 😂 I sense that this will be the final extension if granted. The EU has better things to be getting on with than dealing with a petulant UK.

Of course the the EU will grant us an extension... probably forever.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Does Brexit die tonight? on 20:30 - Sep 8 with 1215 viewsWarwickHunt

Wibble.
Login to get fewer ads

Does Brexit die tonight? on 20:49 - Sep 8 with 1193 viewsHighjack

Does Brexit die tonight? on 20:30 - Sep 8 by WarwickHunt

Wibble.

Wobble

Does Brexit die tonight? on 21:13 - Sep 8 with 1165 viewssherpajacob

If the ERG and DUP had voted for May's deal we'd be out now.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 21:14 - Sep 8 with 1160 viewsexiledclaseboy

Does Brexit die tonight? on 21:13 - Sep 8 by sherpajacob

If the ERG and DUP had voted for May's deal we'd be out now.

Yeah but she deliberately negotiated a crap deal that she knew no one would vote for as part of her secret plan to keep us in. Do try and keep up, Sherpa.

Poll: Tory leader

Does Brexit die tonight? on 21:19 - Sep 8 with 1152 viewsHighjack

Does Brexit die tonight? on 21:14 - Sep 8 by exiledclaseboy

Yeah but she deliberately negotiated a crap deal that she knew no one would vote for as part of her secret plan to keep us in. Do try and keep up, Sherpa.

Finally you agree.

Does Brexit die tonight? on 21:29 - Sep 8 with 1140 viewssherpajacob

Does Brexit die tonight? on 21:14 - Sep 8 by exiledclaseboy

Then the ERG and DUP should have voted for it to scupper her devious plan.

Typical thick as pig sh1t brexiteers, couldn't even get that right.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 21:31 - Sep 8 with 1137 viewsjackrmee

Does Brexit die tonight? on 21:47 - Sep 7 by londonlisa2001

Well yes, because it’s moved from the brexit party.

The Tories have become a far right party in a matter of weeks. But their one nation support hasn’t as yet moved from them. The deal with the brexit party currently in negotiation will force the issue.

Of course, given the opposition now have a 42 or 43 strong majority, they could just call a second referendum...

Surely Brexit party would rather Tories win than Labour, so surely they are going to side with them?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Does Brexit die tonight? on 21:44 - Sep 8 with 1116 viewsjackrmee

Does Brexit die tonight? on 23:24 - Sep 7 by Ebo

Oh my mull. That is mental. And she's FOR brexit!! 3o fuking years! And people want this?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Does Brexit die tonight? on 21:46 - Sep 8 with 1112 viewsjackrmee

This is like an episode from Black Mirror!

Does Brexit die tonight? on 21:54 - Sep 8 with 1101 viewsLeonWasGod

Leak central today. Leaked WhatsApp messages with Tory MPs hoping Bonzo breaks the law, leaked intel the Bonzo is considering calling a state of emergency.

Cummings (presumably) going in to overdrive on the chaos plan.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2019 21:55]
Does Brexit die tonight? on 21:55 - Sep 8 with 1099 viewsjackrmee

Does Brexit die tonight? on 11:30 - Sep 8 by bluey_the_blue

Not at all.

If some rebelled over a corporation tax change, claiming it should be 16.4% rather than 16.5%, that's quibbling over implementation details. Someone rebelling when the manifesto they were elected on was Leave because they really want Remain? Adios, Lib Dem in disguise.

Party discipline broke down dramatically under May. You can't deny or argue that one. Do I personally think the whip should have been removed in these cases? No I don't, I wouldn't have done that myself but I can see why it was done. At some point on this issue, a stand has to be made and party discipline restored.

As for your comment, pah, amateur. Heard worse from m wife, kids and cats.

You are a joke, but I did like that last line I'll give you that

Does Brexit die tonight? on 22:00 - Sep 8 with 1093 viewsjackrmee

Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:28 - Sep 8 by londonlisa2001

Again, no one has said that.

Stop making stuff up.

He was jesting, Shirley.

Does Brexit die tonight? on 22:09 - Sep 8 with 1083 viewsCatullus

The state pension, really? How it is funded is irrelevant. You have to pay into the system to be entitled to it. That you are paying for the already retired to have their pensions doesn't matter, if you don't pay in, you don't get it, simple.

Right, SherpaJacob, you claim that Wales could be self sufficient for water, electricity and food. So tell me, how much would we need to spend on infrastructure to gain self sufficiency? Who would lend us the money? Bearing in mind we'd start from a position of roughly 100 billion in debt the first year and tax receipts that don't cover much more than the NHS, schools and policing.
Wales could be indepedent one day but that day is a long way off and first we need to get Westminster to stump up money to invest in our infrastructure and economy. Scotland gets a far better settlement than us, we need better political representatives so we can can at least try and squeeze more money out of Westminster.
Whatever happens, the Senedd needs to spend money elsewhere besides the SE corner.

Question Sherpajacob, how much food do we grow in Wales? How much actual crop growing land is there? I'll save you the bother, mostly. We only grow around 20% of the food we eat in Wales because most farmland is not suitable for growing crops, it is mostly used as grazing land. Dairy farming is in hard times with milk production barely covering it's own costs. We have approx 86000 acres of horticultural land. That is roughly half compared to the 60's possibly partly because of the population increase and new houses being built on former farmland.

The last few pages of this thread are really depressing and demonstrate amply why this country is screwed for decades to come. Whatever happens with brexit, many people are long past proper debate. They want to argue, ridicule, dismiss and insult those they disagree with.
Take the points about people of a certain age.....those people mostly have kids. They didn't vote for brexit to ruin their own kids futures. Most certainly they want better for their kids than they had. Are they economically inactive? It depends on which perspective you take but older people spend their money and this year it has been found that the "Bank of Mum and Dad" equates to being the 10th largest mortgage provider in the UK, helping their kids get on the property ladder, very selfish that is eh!
They have also usually paid into the system which is more than unemployed school leavers have done, more than people who earn less than the tax allowance do since the inception of working tax credits, child allowance etc. The economically inactive are not just the elderly and it's not just the elderly who are net recipients.

Someone please tell me what our options are now? None of the remainers want to admit it but we have been manouvered into a remain position by politicians who have worked with the EU. It was all over the media that MP's checked with the EU before passing the law stopping no deal. Why have our politicians turned down every single option that allows us to leave if they are not working towards remain? They won't have another referendum because apart from it not solving anything unless we vote very strongly to remain, what if we actually voted even more strongly to leave, they don't trust the electorate to vote the way they want.
Yes Boris has taken a kicking inside Westminster yet outside that place his popularity has grown whilst Corbyn's has shrunk. Is that because to most people, no matter how they voted, brexit must be sorted and finished with, we cannot keep this nonsense going indefinitely, how harmful would that be?
There are rabid brexiteers and there are rabid remainers, neither will accept they can possibly be wrong, both tell lies and make predictions for the a future they cannot possibly know.
Worst of these (to me at least) are the WelshNats who insist leaving the EU will be disastrous but leaving the UK will make us better off. The EU gives us a net 250 million approx, Westminster gives us a net 8 BILLION approx. These Nats are both rabid leaver AND remainers who often display extreme hostility towards England, the English and the "English Government"
Brexit needs to be finished with one way or the other and soon. We need to stop arguing, stop throwing insults and find common ground, move ahead.
Whatever happens, anyone who claims to know what the future will bring (if we leave or remain) is every bit as much of a liar as Boris Johnson.
When I voted leave it was in the hope of a better future. Just like in a General Election, I made a choice and hoped for the best, what the future will bring for myself and my son, I will have to wait and see.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Does Brexit die tonight? on 22:12 - Sep 8 with 1080 viewsjackrmee

Does Brexit die tonight? on 21:54 - Sep 8 by LeonWasGod

Leak central today. Leaked WhatsApp messages with Tory MPs hoping Bonzo breaks the law, leaked intel the Bonzo is considering calling a state of emergency.

These are being leaked on purpose mun. Don't ask me why, but something's up here. Feel it in my bones

Does Brexit die tonight? on 22:43 - Sep 8 with 1067 viewsCatullus

Does Brexit die tonight? on 22:12 - Sep 8 by jackrmee

These are being leaked on purpose mun. Don't ask me why, but something's up here. Feel it in my bones

Leaked on purpose you say, surely not. Are you saying our politicians and civil servants can't be trusted?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 23:23 - Sep 8 with 1053 viewsjackrmee

Does Brexit die tonight? on 22:43 - Sep 8 by Catullus

Leaked on purpose you say, surely not. Are you saying our politicians and civil servants can't be trusted?

Either the Boris wants them leaked for reasons unknown, or the people above him want to ruin the kunt

Does Brexit die tonight? on 23:58 - Sep 8 with 1032 viewsmajorraglan

Does Brexit die tonight? on 21:54 - Sep 8 by LeonWasGod

They all talk about Parliament being sovereign, whether you or I like it or not that’s safely what’s happened. As PM, Boris cant pick and choose what laws he’s going to observe, he should be uphold the law period. If the people at the top think they can get away with things, then so will everyone else and it will descend in to carnage.

Disobeying Parliament and the rule of law is the kind of stuff you expect to see in countries ruled by dictators and criminals in Africa.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 09:17 - Sep 9 with 920 viewsCatullus

Does Brexit die tonight? on 23:58 - Sep 8 by majorraglan

They all talk about Parliament being sovereign, whether you or I like it or not that’s safely what’s happened. As PM, Boris cant pick and choose what laws he’s going to observe, he should be uphold the law period. If the people at the top think they can get away with things, then so will everyone else and it will descend in to carnage.

Disobeying Parliament and the rule of law is the kind of stuff you expect to see in countries ruled by dictators and criminals in Africa.

I mostly agree but.....if Parliament revokes A50 or by other means forces a remain outcome, are Parliament not acting against the will of the people and wouldn't that be illegal or at least immoral and to many people an act of treason?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024