Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Brexit die tonight? 11:59 - Sep 3 with 29613 viewswestwalesed

When this bill passes, which I expect it to, my understanding is that the EU theoretically can propose a different extension to the proposed January 31st, 2020 date currently in the bill.

The bill states that the PM has to accept that date, and that Parliament has two days to either accept or reject it (thereby putting any future extension date in the hands of Parliament as opposed to the PM). Given that we have a remain leaning parliament currently it's hard tp see how any proposed date would be rejected.

PM Johnson would then seek an election as he has stated, but now that it is looking as if the opposition parties may not get to the two-thirds of MPs required to trigger it, there will be no election at all. What then?

With a Govt that has to accept any date given and Parliament refusing to give him an opportunity to change the make up of the Commons, is this the day that Brexit dies?

Is it revoking A50 by the back door?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 12:52 - Sep 3 with 1579 viewslondonlisa2001

Does Brexit die tonight? on 12:50 - Sep 3 by westwalesed

I completely agree. I do recoil at the way that politicians on all sides have behaved appallingly by playing fast and loose with our “conventions/unwritten constitution”. In normal times I would be on the streets like many people have been, but these are not normal times.

The truth is the gloves came off the moment that Parliament delegated this decision in a referendum, and (in a broad sense) has sought to do everything to frustrate that result since. To use one example, John Bercows role in normal times would be completely untenable. Some remainers have turned a blind eye to that so why should I, as a Leaver, in these entirely abnormal times, not turn a blind eye to the obvious timing of the suspension of Parliament.

Our conventions have been trampled on. It’s anything goes now.

Bercow has done nothing other than uphold the primacy of parliament.

Anyone telling you otherwise is lying.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 12:54 - Sep 3 with 1567 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Brexit die tonight? on 12:06 - Sep 3 by bluey_the_blue

Is that possible?

If so, could be a masterstroke.

Vote succeeds, could lead to GE. Tory rebels deselected, back in government with aid of Brexit party and DUP.
Vote fails, has the argument has mandate of HoC to continue on current path.

😂

He could call it but it wouldn’t be debated or voted on...😂😂😂
Does Brexit die tonight? on 12:55 - Sep 3 with 1564 viewslondonlisa2001

Does Brexit die tonight? on 12:54 - Sep 3 by WarwickHunt

😂

He could call it but it wouldn’t be debated or voted on...😂😂😂

And would have to pass the Lords.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 12:56 - Sep 3 with 1560 viewswestwalesed

Does Brexit die tonight? on 12:52 - Sep 3 by londonlisa2001

Bercow has done nothing other than uphold the primacy of parliament.

Anyone telling you otherwise is lying.

Lisa, seriously.

He’s obviously entirely “partial” on the Brexit debate.

Or to use another example then.

It’s completely against “convention” for MPs to take control of the order paper, but they’ve done that. So as I say, all bets are off now, we are in completely uncharted territory.

Does Brexit die tonight? on 12:59 - Sep 3 with 1547 viewssherpajacob

Johnson wants to keep the UK in the EU. He lies to brexiteers as well.

The current noise is all an attempt to create a scenario that means we remain in the EU and he can remain PM.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 13:00 - Sep 3 with 1546 viewslondonlisa2001

Does Brexit die tonight? on 12:56 - Sep 3 by westwalesed

Lisa, seriously.

He’s obviously entirely “partial” on the Brexit debate.

Or to use another example then.

It’s completely against “convention” for MPs to take control of the order paper, but they’ve done that. So as I say, all bets are off now, we are in completely uncharted territory.

He is pro parliament over government. And we all believe in the primacy of the UK parliament above all else. Vote leave told us it was all that mattered. And Farage. And Johnson. And Gove. And Rees Mogg. Etc etc etc.

Obviously apart from those times it should be ignored and everything possible done to circumvent it.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 13:07 - Sep 3 with 1529 viewswestwalesed

Does Brexit die tonight? on 13:00 - Sep 3 by londonlisa2001

He is pro parliament over government. And we all believe in the primacy of the UK parliament above all else. Vote leave told us it was all that mattered. And Farage. And Johnson. And Gove. And Rees Mogg. Etc etc etc.

Obviously apart from those times it should be ignored and everything possible done to circumvent it.

Yes he does, I’m sure believe in the primacy of Parliament. But his views on Brexit are clear to see. Any speaker should be whiter than white in terms of their views on particular issues. Once that goes they’ve lost their impartiality.

But what about the broad point of convention having been trampled on by all sides?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 13:25 - Sep 3 with 1505 viewsYossarian

Does Brexit die tonight? on 12:09 - Sep 3 by londonlisa2001

It’ll be the first time that Corbyn will be regarded as statesmanlike. Far from being damaged he will earn more respect than at any point in his career.

No one can trust Johnson. He’s being shown up as a liar.

You need to spend less time on here and more time on Trust work....or better still, your day job. Your mental health is clearly suffering.

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Login to get fewer ads

Does Brexit die tonight? on 13:43 - Sep 3 with 1489 viewsmonmouth

Does Brexit die tonight? on 12:59 - Sep 3 by sherpajacob

Johnson wants to keep the UK in the EU. He lies to brexiteers as well.

The current noise is all an attempt to create a scenario that means we remain in the EU and he can remain PM.

That was certainly his original intention when he decided to back vote leave. He thought they’d lose but be close enough for him to hound Cameron out and take over in a blaze of shit, I mean glory.

Anything that keeps him in his unelected job will be fine by him, as long as he can’t be blamed by anyone for anything.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Does Brexit die tonight? on 13:57 - Sep 3 with 1476 viewsKerouac

'Remainers' who have spent 3 years arguing for a referendum are now running scared of a General Election where their objective of staying in the EU could still be met...they just have to vote en masse for the Lib Dems.

Why?
Because the penny has finally dropped that the public will never buy the utter bullshit spewing forth from their mouths, 'Project Fear'.

Their aim now is to stop Brexit indefinitely without ever having to face the voting public, it is out in the open...you can witness it on here, "facing Brexiteers at a General Election is a TRAP(!), put the power to stop us leaving in the EU's hands first etc.".

What on earth do they think will happen next?
The horrible bastards are hoping that Brexiteers will "die off".
These people are ruining our country, our democracy, and if they succeed there WILL be consequences.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:00 - Sep 3 with 1472 viewslondonlisa2001

Does Brexit die tonight? on 13:25 - Sep 3 by Yossarian

You need to spend less time on here and more time on Trust work....or better still, your day job. Your mental health is clearly suffering.

I’m semi retired these days, so my mental health is fantastic ! Thanks though - it’s sweet of you to worry.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:03 - Sep 3 with 1469 viewslondonlisa2001

Does Brexit die tonight? on 13:57 - Sep 3 by Kerouac

'Remainers' who have spent 3 years arguing for a referendum are now running scared of a General Election where their objective of staying in the EU could still be met...they just have to vote en masse for the Lib Dems.

Why?
Because the penny has finally dropped that the public will never buy the utter bullshit spewing forth from their mouths, 'Project Fear'.

Their aim now is to stop Brexit indefinitely without ever having to face the voting public, it is out in the open...you can witness it on here, "facing Brexiteers at a General Election is a TRAP(!), put the power to stop us leaving in the EU's hands first etc.".

These people are ruining our country, our democracy, and if they succeed there WILL be consequences.

The issue isn’t an election but the timing of it Kerouac. It’s that they don’t trust Johnson not to move the date. Same as Corbyn wouldn’t be trusted the other way.

We’ll have an election relatively soon which ever way.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:04 - Sep 3 with 1468 viewsJonathans_coat

Does Brexit die tonight? on 13:43 - Sep 3 by monmouth

That was certainly his original intention when he decided to back vote leave. He thought they’d lose but be close enough for him to hound Cameron out and take over in a blaze of shit, I mean glory.

Anything that keeps him in his unelected job will be fine by him, as long as he can’t be blamed by anyone for anything.

This is always it with Boris. It’s only about his own career.

He is essentially forcing a No deal/No brexit outcome. As he knows any deal he can agree with the EU will please absolutely no one (see Theresa May).

He will blame the EU, and “remainer” MP’s for either outcome. This is the antithesis of the “strong leadership” that more extreme brexiteers are suggesting it is.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:07 - Sep 3 with 1462 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Brexit die tonight? on 13:57 - Sep 3 by Kerouac

Why?

Aye - thick gammons muttering under their breath all over t’shop.

Have a word with yourself, you hysterical plum.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:27 - Sep 3 with 1428 viewsKerouac

Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:07 - Sep 3 by WarwickHunt

Aye - thick gammons muttering under their breath all over t’shop.

Have a word with yourself, you hysterical plum.

Me hysterical?
Get cracking with your bunker and your panic buying of food and medicine.

...and answer me this.
Why not leave and if it doesn't work we could ask to rejoin, what are remainers like you so terrified of?
...and this,
why don't the EU make it easy for us to leave? After all, we'll crash and burn, proving to all and sundry that the EU is absolutely necessary and of value?
What is it that they are so terrified of?

The stink of bullshit coming from the EU and 'Remainers' is almost too much to bear, it really is.

Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:32 - Sep 3 with 1419 viewsJango

Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:03 - Sep 3 by londonlisa2001

The issue isn’t an election but the timing of it Kerouac. It’s that they don’t trust Johnson not to move the date. Same as Corbyn wouldn’t be trusted the other way.

We’ll have an election relatively soon which ever way.

Surely all the renainers are doing is kicking the can down the road and making a coalition between Tories and Brexit Party inevitable. What is the point of another delay? If they can pass legislation this quickly, why can’t they wait until October 17th to see if there’s any other deal brought forward to vote on?
Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:38 - Sep 3 with 1404 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:32 - Sep 3 by Jango

Surely all the renainers are doing is kicking the can down the road and making a coalition between Tories and Brexit Party inevitable. What is the point of another delay? If they can pass legislation this quickly, why can’t they wait until October 17th to see if there’s any other deal brought forward to vote on?

If you were any dumber someone would have to water you once a week.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:42 - Sep 3 with 1398 viewslondonlisa2001

Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:32 - Sep 3 by Jango

The legislation proposed specifically allows for negotiations until 17th. No deal would only be stopped after that if nothing is agreed.

I think they are concerned though that Johnson will call an election then move the date to beyond 31st October which he is able to do.

I agree with you on the ‘what’s the point’ bit as it happens. I’m not sure what the end game is. As I’ve said for months, I’d just agree the WA and work on the political declaration to secure a free trade deal if it was me. I personally believe it’s the only way we can ever move on from this. And it is a sort of compromise position. A no deal will mean this carries on for years. If no deal is blocked, then any deal with the brexit party lies in tatters. Farage’s only purpose is to oppose whatever is put in place. Similar to Corbyn in many ways.

The whole lot of them should be hauled over the coals. Starting with Cameron who is invisible in all this despite him causing it.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:46 - Sep 3 with 1387 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:27 - Sep 3 by Kerouac

Me hysterical?
Get cracking with your bunker and your panic buying of food and medicine.

...and answer me this.
Why not leave and if it doesn't work we could ask to rejoin, what are remainers like you so terrified of?
...and this,
why don't the EU make it easy for us to leave? After all, we'll crash and burn, proving to all and sundry that the EU is absolutely necessary and of value?
What is it that they are so terrified of?

The stink of bullshit coming from the EU and 'Remainers' is almost too much to bear, it really is.

We wouldn’t rejoin on terms as good as we have now.

They agreed a WA - Parliament rejected it with the help of tories. The party that started this ludicrous shitstorm.
They are 27 countries with a single market - that’s kind of the point. Britannia no longer rules the waves.

Do at least try to keep up.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:48 - Sep 3 with 1385 viewsJango

Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:38 - Sep 3 by WarwickHunt

If you were any dumber someone would have to water you once a week.

Is there any point to you as a human being?
Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:53 - Sep 3 with 1375 viewsJango

Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:42 - Sep 3 by londonlisa2001

The legislation proposed specifically allows for negotiations until 17th. No deal would only be stopped after that if nothing is agreed.

I think they are concerned though that Johnson will call an election then move the date to beyond 31st October which he is able to do.

I agree with you on the ‘what’s the point’ bit as it happens. I’m not sure what the end game is. As I’ve said for months, I’d just agree the WA and work on the political declaration to secure a free trade deal if it was me. I personally believe it’s the only way we can ever move on from this. And it is a sort of compromise position. A no deal will mean this carries on for years. If no deal is blocked, then any deal with the brexit party lies in tatters. Farage’s only purpose is to oppose whatever is put in place. Similar to Corbyn in many ways.

The whole lot of them should be hauled over the coals. Starting with Cameron who is invisible in all this despite him causing it.

Yes but without no deal on the table then no negotiations are gonna happen. Why would they?

Take no deal away, no negotiation will take place, Extend article 50, have a general election where Tories will make a coalition with Brexit party and no deal will come back into play.

This all just seems a total waste of time.

In 4 weeks time there’ll be an announcement that a large firm is making large job cuts due to the uncertainty of Brexit and remainers will blame leave voters. This new delayed uncertainty is down to renainers alone.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 14:54]
Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:59 - Sep 3 with 1364 viewslondonlisa2001

Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:53 - Sep 3 by Jango

Yes but without no deal on the table then no negotiations are gonna happen. Why would they?

Take no deal away, no negotiation will take place, Extend article 50, have a general election where Tories will make a coalition with Brexit party and no deal will come back into play.

This all just seems a total waste of time.

In 4 weeks time there’ll be an announcement that a large firm is making large job cuts due to the uncertainty of Brexit and remainers will blame leave voters. This new delayed uncertainty is down to renainers alone.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 14:54]

No negotiation are happening anyway Jango.

They’ve dismantled the negotiating team on our side, a memo has been leaked showing all they’re trying to do is run the clock down (a game of chicken) and both Cummings and others have now said that the ‘negotiations are a sham’ (which is what the EU have also said).

Think about this - how can a no deal be on one hand described as no big deal, few small bumps on the road etc, while at the same time is being held out as so awful that the EU will cave?

The pact with the brexit party is dependent on them promising no deal, they can’t do that and not lose loads of seats in London, Scotland, the South East, Cotswolds, Somerset, Oxfordshire etc etc. Plus, to be honest, if someone like Soames stands as an independent, he’ll beat the ‘official’ candidate.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 15:09 - Sep 3 with 1350 viewsKerouac

Does Brexit die tonight? on 14:59 - Sep 3 by londonlisa2001

No negotiation are happening anyway Jango.

They’ve dismantled the negotiating team on our side, a memo has been leaked showing all they’re trying to do is run the clock down (a game of chicken) and both Cummings and others have now said that the ‘negotiations are a sham’ (which is what the EU have also said).

Think about this - how can a no deal be on one hand described as no big deal, few small bumps on the road etc, while at the same time is being held out as so awful that the EU will cave?

The pact with the brexit party is dependent on them promising no deal, they can’t do that and not lose loads of seats in London, Scotland, the South East, Cotswolds, Somerset, Oxfordshire etc etc. Plus, to be honest, if someone like Soames stands as an independent, he’ll beat the ‘official’ candidate.

"Think about this - how can a no deal be on one hand described as no big deal, few small bumps on the road etc, while at the same time is being held out as so awful that the EU will cave?"

So you are saying that a no deal Brexit is no big deal to the EU...with a straight face.

Does Brexit die tonight? on 15:14 - Sep 3 with 1337 viewsperchrockjack

Nit sure whether to get down to naturist beach here or to read K and Wozza in full flow.

You need to watch Builth ,Taxman and the rest of the dicks on here . Learn how to discourse.

You will understand K doesn't want to sh@g wozza s wife or rip into his Persian pussy.

Nah, swim it is but play tidy.This thread will be troll free.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Does Brexit die tonight? on 15:15 - Sep 3 with 1337 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Brexit die tonight? on 15:09 - Sep 3 by Kerouac

"Think about this - how can a no deal be on one hand described as no big deal, few small bumps on the road etc, while at the same time is being held out as so awful that the EU will cave?"

So you are saying that a no deal Brexit is no big deal to the EU...with a straight face.

It’s a bigger deal for the UK than it is for the EU. Considerably so.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024