Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Does Brexit die tonight? 11:59 - Sep 3 with 29551 viewswestwalesed

When this bill passes, which I expect it to, my understanding is that the EU theoretically can propose a different extension to the proposed January 31st, 2020 date currently in the bill.

The bill states that the PM has to accept that date, and that Parliament has two days to either accept or reject it (thereby putting any future extension date in the hands of Parliament as opposed to the PM). Given that we have a remain leaning parliament currently it's hard tp see how any proposed date would be rejected.

PM Johnson would then seek an election as he has stated, but now that it is looking as if the opposition parties may not get to the two-thirds of MPs required to trigger it, there will be no election at all. What then?

With a Govt that has to accept any date given and Parliament refusing to give him an opportunity to change the make up of the Commons, is this the day that Brexit dies?

Is it revoking A50 by the back door?

Poll: Live in a country with no internet?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 18:17 - Sep 3 with 1587 viewscostalotta

Does Brexit die tonight? on 12:13 - Sep 3 by bluey_the_blue

Arf!

Wants GE, now wants GE with caveats, then becomes statemanlike for not wanting GE.

Corbyn has been show to be a paragon of virtue?

Everyone has lied to some degree or other. There's no goodie-two-shoes in any of this.

BoJo is at least trying to break the impasse, something nobody else is proposing.

EDIT:

Take no deal off the table? EU won't even bother renegotiating WA which has failed in HoC repeatedly. Why should they?
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 12:14]

Maybe your over using the word “Arf” bluey. It’s getting a bit monotonous.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 18:24 - Sep 3 with 1560 viewssherpajacob

Does Brexit die tonight? on 18:17 - Sep 3 by costalotta

the sort of word a Humbert uses all the time

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Does Brexit die tonight? on 18:29 - Sep 3 with 1549 viewsWingstandwood

Cut and paste from another Brexit related topic on here from myself, regarding the question does Brexit die tonight? Maybe, maybe not, maybe not tonight, maybe not tomorrow even.

There may be yet some more unexpected twists and turns in this ongoing soap opera. That may take many by surprise after reading Guido Fawkes.....

"Despite the build-up to tonight’s vote, some Tory MPs believe a government loss tonight will not automatically translate to a government defeat tomorrow — with the rebels’ legislation failing at its 2nd Reading. All will become much clearer, however, at 7 pm…"

Argus!

Does Brexit die tonight? on 18:36 - Sep 3 with 1534 viewsexiledclaseboy

Does Brexit die tonight? on 18:29 - Sep 3 by Wingstandwood

Cut and paste from another Brexit related topic on here from myself, regarding the question does Brexit die tonight? Maybe, maybe not, maybe not tonight, maybe not tomorrow even.

There may be yet some more unexpected twists and turns in this ongoing soap opera. That may take many by surprise after reading Guido Fawkes.....

"Despite the build-up to tonight’s vote, some Tory MPs believe a government loss tonight will not automatically translate to a government defeat tomorrow — with the rebels’ legislation failing at its 2nd Reading. All will become much clearer, however, at 7 pm…"

Old guido is the king of misinformation and propaganda. And also the king of wishful thinking it seems. His website is only taken in any way seriously by the deluded and hard of thinking. Bluey loves it.

Poll: Tory leader

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:05 - Sep 3 with 1474 viewsbluey_the_blue

Does Brexit die tonight? on 18:17 - Sep 3 by costalotta

Arf!
Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:07 - Sep 3 with 1470 viewsbluey_the_blue

Does Brexit die tonight? on 18:36 - Sep 3 by exiledclaseboy

Old guido is the king of misinformation and propaganda. And also the king of wishful thinking it seems. His website is only taken in any way seriously by the deluded and hard of thinking. Bluey loves it.

Oh please, just because Guido has been known to blast civil servants...

Did you hear the Natasha Engels interview on 5 live? Very interesting. Was deputy speaker under Bercow, ripped into him big time for not being independent, claimed "previous speakers would be turning in their graves".
Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:16 - Sep 3 with 1456 viewsexiledclaseboy

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:07 - Sep 3 by bluey_the_blue

Oh please, just because Guido has been known to blast civil servants...

Did you hear the Natasha Engels interview on 5 live? Very interesting. Was deputy speaker under Bercow, ripped into him big time for not being independent, claimed "previous speakers would be turning in their graves".

I’ve no idea whether he “blasts” civil servants or not. I only see what he says when you regurgitate it on here.

Yes I heard the Engel interview. She also said that the SO24 decision he’s made tonight was absolutely the correct one.

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:27 - Sep 3 with 1425 viewsmonmouth

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:16 - Sep 3 by exiledclaseboy

I’ve no idea whether he “blasts” civil servants or not. I only see what he says when you regurgitate it on here.

Yes I heard the Engel interview. She also said that the SO24 decision he’s made tonight was absolutely the correct one.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Login to get fewer ads

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:28 - Sep 3 with 1414 viewsJango

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:16 - Sep 3 by exiledclaseboy

So do you agree with her that he’s making a mockery of his job as speaker?
Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:30 - Sep 3 with 1414 viewsWarwickHunt

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:28 - Sep 3 by Jango

😂
Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:34 - Sep 3 with 1403 viewsexiledclaseboy

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:28 - Sep 3 by Jango

Not in the slightest. The Speaker’s job is to uphold the rights of the House of Commons. Given that the government and the previous one have sought to bypass it at every turn, he’s doing exactly what he should be.

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:36 - Sep 3 with 1394 viewsexiledclaseboy

The government clearly doesn’t want to win tonight’s vote. No other reason why they’d put Rees Mogg up to lead its response. He’s well out of his depth at the despatch box.

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:38 - Sep 3 with 1385 viewsJango

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:34 - Sep 3 by exiledclaseboy

Not in the slightest. The Speaker’s job is to uphold the rights of the House of Commons. Given that the government and the previous one have sought to bypass it at every turn, he’s doing exactly what he should be.

What would Engel know eh.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 19:38]
Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:40 - Sep 3 with 1382 viewsexiledclaseboy

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:38 - Sep 3 by Jango

She’s certainly entitled to her opinion. It’s just not one I agree with.

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:41 - Sep 3 with 1376 viewsbluey_the_blue

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:40 - Sep 3 by exiledclaseboy

She’s certainly entitled to her opinion. It’s just not one I agree with.

Out of interest, any reason?

Engel has direct experience of working with Bercow, after all.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:42 - Sep 3 with 1373 viewsexiledclaseboy

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:41 - Sep 3 by bluey_the_blue

Out of interest, any reason?

Engel has direct experience of working with Bercow, after all.

I’ve already outlined my reason in my last reply to jango.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 19:43]

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:43 - Sep 3 with 1372 viewslondonlisa2001

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:38 - Sep 3 by Jango

Her performance today certainly doesn’t deserve full marks...
Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:44 - Sep 3 with 1361 viewsexiledclaseboy

“The government draws power from parliament”.

Rees Mogg. House of Commons. Just now. Yes, Jacob. That’s kind of the point.

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:45 - Sep 3 with 1361 viewsbluey_the_blue

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:42 - Sep 3 by exiledclaseboy

I’ve already outlined my reason in my last reply to jango.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 19:43]

That's certainly an opinion.

Reason I'm asking is that by working with Bercow, I'd suggest she's seen more of Bercow in action than you; we all see the public actions in HoC obviously. That's why I'd tend to put stock in her view.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:50 - Sep 3 with 1339 viewsexiledclaseboy

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:45 - Sep 3 by bluey_the_blue

Reason I'm asking is that by working with Bercow, I'd suggest she's seen more of Bercow in action than you; we all see the public actions in HoC obviously. That's why I'd tend to put stock in her view.

Well I’m clearly not claiming to know Bercow better than Engel does. That would be silly and is a straw man All I’ve said is that I’ve disagreed with her opinion on Bercow’s actions as speaker since the referendum. You can put as much stock in anyone’s opinion as you want, that’s your right. I don’t care.

Does Brexit die tonight? on 20:23 - Sep 3 with 1305 viewsJack59

Does Brexit die tonight? on 12:04 - Sep 3 by bluey_the_blue

I'm sure that's the aim.

Corbyn will be damaged if he refuses to back a GE though. After all, you'd think those wanting no deal removed / remain would want a GE...

He was already damaged beyond repair. Look at the flop demo's on the weekend, they barely made the news, and he'd called out his republican guard to bring the country to it's knees. What a complete bunch of t****rs that momentum lot are as well.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 20:25 - Sep 3 with 1295 viewsJackSomething

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:45 - Sep 3 by bluey_the_blue

Seeing more of Bercow in action would of course mean nothing if she was full of praise for him...

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Does Brexit die tonight? on 20:27 - Sep 3 with 1284 viewsFireboy2

Does Brexit die tonight? on 20:23 - Sep 3 by Jack59

He was already damaged beyond repair. Look at the flop demo's on the weekend, they barely made the news, and he'd called out his republican guard to bring the country to it's knees. What a complete bunch of t****rs that momentum lot are as well.

Nothing he ever does that is good gets into the news as most of the media are pro tory. They only report negative stuff like his links to terrorists

I thought everyone knew that.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 20:29]
Does Brexit die tonight? on 20:39 - Sep 3 with 1252 viewssg1912

Does Brexit die tonight? on 19:36 - Sep 3 by exiledclaseboy

The government clearly doesn’t want to win tonight’s vote. No other reason why they’d put Rees Mogg up to lead its response. He’s well out of his depth at the despatch box.

I agree, there's hardly any MPs that actually support Brexit.
I even think it's pretence from the likes of Johnson to keep Farage at arms length because they are shit scared of him splitting the traditional Tory voting base.
Does Brexit die tonight? on 20:46 - Sep 3 with 1229 viewsmonmouth

Does Brexit die tonight? on 20:25 - Sep 3 by JackSomething

Seeing more of Bercow in action would of course mean nothing if she was full of praise for him...

I do hope you’re not implying Bluey only believes and parrots things that support his total delusions in his parallel universe. That would make him.....well, that would make him Cardiff.

Oh right, ok.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024