Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
This alternative table garbage 19:55 - Sep 3 with 11053 viewsbluenile

Don't know if anyone else read that alternative table article? Apparently based on where they thought every team was expected to be, not where they actually are, after 6 games. And I couldn't bring myself to look at the bit about "Swansea, papering over the cracks?" . . . . . . . . Christ on a bike!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

This alternative table garbage on 20:22 - Sep 3 with 5869 viewsBanosswan

Link?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

This alternative table garbage on 20:31 - Sep 3 with 5830 viewsjack2jack

Meaningless garbage.
We're top of the league and deservedly so. That's all folk need to know.
COYS👍💪
This alternative table garbage on 20:31 - Sep 3 with 5835 viewsbluenile

This alternative table garbage on 20:22 - Sep 3 by Banosswan

Link?

Oops! Here you go.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/596387/alternative-championship-table-six-gam

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

This alternative table garbage on 20:31 - Sep 3 with 5829 viewsDr_Winston

That xG malarkey is the latest meaningless statistical crap being trumpeted as important. It will impress some but most will dismiss it entirely, as they should.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

This alternative table garbage on 20:39 - Sep 3 with 5787 viewsFireboy2

This alternative table garbage on 20:31 - Sep 3 by bluenile

Oops! Here you go.

https://talksport.com/football/efl/596387/alternative-championship-table-six-gam

#warraloadashite
This alternative table garbage on 20:40 - Sep 3 with 5790 viewsGlyn1

All I take from that is that we are scoring some wonder goals, our keeper and defenders are playing out of their skin but we haven't made enough clear chances (and our mid-field to make those chances is our weakest area). We all know that we could have lost the games where they scored first, and against Leeds. But we bloody didn't.

From now on, if we just duplicate our results from last season, then we're in the play-offs.
[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 20:43]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

This alternative table garbage on 20:50 - Sep 3 with 5746 viewsyescomeon

This alternative table garbage on 20:31 - Sep 3 by Dr_Winston

That xG malarkey is the latest meaningless statistical crap being trumpeted as important. It will impress some but most will dismiss it entirely, as they should.

The best kind of goals are the unexpected ones if you ask me.

Upthecity!

This alternative table garbage on 20:52 - Sep 3 with 5718 viewsGaryjack

This alternative table garbage on 20:39 - Sep 3 by Fireboy2

#warraloadashite

That's just about the poorest article i've ever seen on a mainstream football site. Shocking stuff!
Login to get fewer ads

This alternative table garbage on 21:08 - Sep 3 with 5682 viewsLibertarian

So basically, this is an article highlighting how bad their predictions are?
This alternative table garbage on 21:14 - Sep 3 with 5650 viewsjackharris

This alternative table garbage on 21:08 - Sep 3 by Libertarian

So basically, this is an article highlighting how bad their predictions are?

[Post edited 3 Sep 2019 21:17]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

This alternative table garbage on 21:25 - Sep 3 with 5596 viewsVincent_Vega

This alternative table garbage on 20:31 - Sep 3 by bluenile

Oops! Here you go.

The biggest load of tosh I’ve read that’s not come from wales Online. Utter cr@p

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

This alternative table garbage on 21:26 - Sep 3 with 5590 viewsBadlands

Just shows the gobs-for-ent on TalkS***e know sod all.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

This alternative table garbage on 21:39 - Sep 3 with 5551 viewsjasper_T

Typical responses from the anti-stats brigade.

Anyone who's watched our games knows we could easily have lost many of them. Our position in that table relative to the real one simply reflects that element of fortune and quality of finishing in our results so far. It's quantifying something that's should be obvious and observable to all of us.

Other teams are producing more chances and conceding fewer than us. That's an area for concern for Cooper going forward. Hopefully we can improve, create more and better opportunities, and sharpen up defending from open play back to last season's standards (when we under-performed relative to xG due to a terrible shot-stopping goalkeeper and lack of reliable finishers other than Oli).

But we're only 6 games in. Like the actual table you can't read too much into it yet. Wait until 10-12 games have been played.
This alternative table garbage on 21:46 - Sep 3 with 5494 viewsmagicdaps10

This alternative table garbage on 21:39 - Sep 3 by jasper_T

Anyone who's watched our games knows we could easily have lost many of them. Our position in that table relative to the real one simply reflects that element of fortune and quality of finishing in our results so far. It's quantifying something that's should be obvious and observable to all of us.

Other teams are producing more chances and conceding fewer than us. That's an area for concern for Cooper going forward. Hopefully we can improve, create more and better opportunities, and sharpen up defending from open play back to last season's standards (when we under-performed relative to xG due to a terrible shot-stopping goalkeeper and lack of reliable finishers other than Oli).

But we're only 6 games in. Like the actual table you can't read too much into it yet. Wait until 10-12 games have been played.

Will you shut the hell up Jasper!!!

We are 1st in the league, Undefeated and I for one can see a fantastic group of players all in together... Call me excitable but I am as confident in the team as I have been for many a year.

As stated in a previous post, it is what happens on the pitch........ Forget all the stats, it is only one stat that matters in football.

Get your covk out of your hand, open your eyes and support Birch, Cooper and the boys.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

This alternative table garbage on 21:52 - Sep 3 with 5491 viewsBanosswan

Hi Daniel

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

This alternative table garbage on 21:59 - Sep 3 with 5467 viewsOldjack

Only one game we could have lost by halftime ,that was Preston at home

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

This alternative table garbage on 22:00 - Sep 3 with 5470 viewsUxbridge

That's as paper thin an argument as those dismissing stats on principle. But then I find these stats far too simplistic.

Looking at the chances we've created vs the chances we've conceded, we've created chances of a far higher quality compared to the ones we've given up. Not to say we should be happy with the number of chances created, it's definitely an area of concern, but whether due to good defending or poor opposition play, Woodman hasn't really had to make many difficult saves. Maybe our better attacking quality means our attacks are of higher quality or we need less chances. Either way, the stats are pretty fundamentally flawed.

I agree on the statistical significance point though. 6 games is no realistic sample at all.

Either way, stats should only ever be taken as an aid. Blind adherence is just as daft as ignoring them entirely.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

This alternative table garbage on 22:13 - Sep 3 with 5405 viewsnantywatcher

"Statistics, like lampposts, are good for throwing light and not meant for leaning on." Very easy to see why your football knowledge is woefully limited. But hang in there because Cooper is bound to drop a howler sometime and you can jump in with two feet.
This alternative table garbage on 22:23 - Sep 3 with 5381 viewsthornabyswan

21 goals scored in league and Cup.
5 conceded

Just won at top of the table and bookies favourites Leeds.

Also unbeaten throughout Pre season and you come out with that.

You post a lot of credible stuff but if you are not impressed by Cooper the players and staff and Birch after the start we have made you will never be happy.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

This alternative table garbage on 22:24 - Sep 3 with 5385 viewsjasper_T

This alternative table garbage on 22:00 - Sep 3 by Uxbridge

That's as paper thin an argument as those dismissing stats on principle. But then I find these stats far too simplistic.

Looking at the chances we've created vs the chances we've conceded, we've created chances of a far higher quality compared to the ones we've given up. Not to say we should be happy with the number of chances created, it's definitely an area of concern, but whether due to good defending or poor opposition play, Woodman hasn't really had to make many difficult saves. Maybe our better attacking quality means our attacks are of higher quality or we need less chances. Either way, the stats are pretty fundamentally flawed.

I agree on the statistical significance point though. 6 games is no realistic sample at all.

Either way, stats should only ever be taken as an aid. Blind adherence is just as daft as ignoring them entirely.

xG measures quality of chances. That's what it's intended to do. So if you say we've created better quality than the opposition but the numbers don't agree than you're seeing a problem with xG metric being used rather than a fundamental issue with xG as a concept. Which is a perfectly valid complaint of the clickbait article's table. There are dozens of different xG models in use, and people pay big money for new "better" ones all the time.

In my opinion we've not created nearly as many brilliant chances as we did when DJ was regularly beating his full-back at a sprint and setting up potential tap-ins. Naughton's goal wasn't easy. That Borja header off the Fulton flick was not easy. The winner against Leeds was a crowded penalty area and a scuffed shot dribbling in the bottom corner. You can see why those chances would rate low on an expected goals chart compared to the chance an unmarked Bamford headed six feet wide.
This alternative table garbage on 22:27 - Sep 3 with 5350 viewsBrynmill_Jack

We've conceded 4 goals to Leeds 3. But miraculously, via witchcraft we're above them in the table. And everybody else.
Other teams are conceding less than us apart from Leeds? Who?
And if you're talking about conceding chances, i the oppositions attack can't convert them because of their inferior quality surely they count for NOTHING. YAnd there's us almost averaging 3 goals scored a game. You are nothing but a complete tw@t

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

This alternative table garbage on 22:28 - Sep 3 with 5357 viewsjasper_T

This alternative table garbage on 22:23 - Sep 3 by thornabyswan

21 goals scored in league and Cup.
5 conceded

Just won at top of the table and bookies favourites Leeds.

Also unbeaten throughout Pre season and you come out with that.

You post a lot of credible stuff but if you are not impressed by Cooper the players and staff and Birch after the start we have made you will never be happy.

"We're winning so if you don't love it you're a sad bstard and/or against the club"

Change the record lads.
This alternative table garbage on 22:30 - Sep 3 with 5347 viewsjasper_T

This alternative table garbage on 22:27 - Sep 3 by Brynmill_Jack

We've conceded 4 goals to Leeds 3. But miraculously, via witchcraft we're above them in the table. And everybody else.
Other teams are conceding less than us apart from Leeds? Who?
And if you're talking about conceding chances, i the oppositions attack can't convert them because of their inferior quality surely they count for NOTHING. YAnd there's us almost averaging 3 goals scored a game. You are nothing but a complete tw@t

Grow up mate.
This alternative table garbage on 22:34 - Sep 3 with 5319 viewsGaryjack

This alternative table garbage on 22:30 - Sep 3 by jasper_T

Grow up mate.

He has a point though. You're really not doing very well supporting this ludicrous shite!
This alternative table garbage on 22:35 - Sep 3 with 5309 viewsBrynmill_Jack

This alternative table garbage on 22:24 - Sep 3 by jasper_T

xG measures quality of chances. That's what it's intended to do. So if you say we've created better quality than the opposition but the numbers don't agree than you're seeing a problem with xG metric being used rather than a fundamental issue with xG as a concept. Which is a perfectly valid complaint of the clickbait article's table. There are dozens of different xG models in use, and people pay big money for new "better" ones all the time.

In my opinion we've not created nearly as many brilliant chances as we did when DJ was regularly beating his full-back at a sprint and setting up potential tap-ins. Naughton's goal wasn't easy. That Borja header off the Fulton flick was not easy. The winner against Leeds was a crowded penalty area and a scuffed shot dribbling in the bottom corner. You can see why those chances would rate low on an expected goals chart compared to the chance an unmarked Bamford headed six feet wide.

You may have a one on one with a keeper but if he is better than you are you wont score.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024