Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Leon Britton 14:18 - Sep 4 with 6930 viewsmynamesjeff1

New sporting director.
Leon Britton on 20:39 - Sep 4 with 1593 viewsbluenile

Leon Britton on 15:16 - Sep 4 by thornabyswan

What is his roll then

Ham, or possibly chicken.....................................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Leon Britton on 20:40 - Sep 4 with 1589 viewsbluenile

Leon Britton on 16:02 - Sep 4 by Badlands

While Leon was one of the best players ever to wear a Swans shirt he is someone I always associate with Monk and disruption behind the scenes.
If he does he improve the club or players - money well spent.

Please say you're not serious???.....................................

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Leon Britton on 21:33 - Sep 4 with 1506 viewsGaryjack

Leon Britton on 20:40 - Sep 4 by bluenile

He's off his fvckin trolley, but he's definitely serious!
Leon Britton on 22:19 - Sep 4 with 1452 viewsBadlands

Leon Britton on 20:40 - Sep 4 by bluenile

In what way is my post not serious?
I'm only going on what is common knowledge.
Great player
A bit disruptive. in the past.
Swans legend as a player? Yes.
Best English player never to be capped? Absolutely
What is this job? Don't know
What has Leon contributed in the backroom? Again, don't know but his couple of weeks as caretaker manager really opened his eyes to the complexities of management.
Development as a coach hasn't really taken off.
Club ambassador hasn't developed into anything meaningful.
In all honesty this looks like a way of keeping Britton at the club (no problem with that) but away from the new coaching set up.

Sorry gang but I'm not raving about this appointment or the creation of a position to keep Brits at the club. I'd rather see him developing as a coach with the academy.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Leon Britton on 22:40 - Sep 4 with 1424 viewsSwanseajill

Leon Britton on 22:19 - Sep 4 by Badlands

Great player
What has Leon contributed in the backroom? Again, don't know but his couple of weeks as caretaker manager really opened his eyes to the complexities of management.
In all honesty this looks like a way of keeping Britton at the club (no problem with that) but away from the new coaching set up.

Sorry gang but I'm not raving about this appointment or the creation of a position to keep Brits at the club. I'd rather see him developing as a coach with the academy.

Where is your information regarding "Leon a bit disruptive in the past"??

Personally knowing him since his first week as a Swans player, this is an appointment I'm happy about.
We should be proud that he gave us such great moments in his ten years as a Swans player.
Small in stature, big in heart.
Leon Britton on 22:41 - Sep 4 with 1424 viewsbonymine

Great player

Thanks for your input Garry now Phuk off and go back to some backwater nonentity location where Lexy can happily bring up your twins yet at the same time HATE the area in which she lives .........oh and meanwhile whilst enjoying your multi millionaire status as a failed football Manager !!

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Leon Britton on 22:45 - Sep 4 with 1418 viewsKilkennyjack

Good luck Leon.

Trevor knows.

Beware of the Risen People

Leon Britton on 22:49 - Sep 4 with 1410 viewsbonymine

Leon Britton on 22:40 - Sep 4 by Swanseajill

Where is your information regarding "Leon a bit disruptive in the past"??

Personally knowing him since his first week as a Swans player, this is an appointment I'm happy about.
We should be proud that he gave us such great moments in his ten years as a Swans player.
Small in stature, big in heart.

In a nutshell Lorr, I wholeheartedly agree with your sentiments here, Leon is a perfect fit for this role and I also have to give a lot of credit to Trevor Birch for the way in which he has picked up the pieces after ‘Judas Jenkins’ and restored our Club to something resembling a financially viable entity despite the atrocious playing and contract decisions made in our recent history.

I just wish Chico had hit you (GM) with that brick he threw at you at Llandarcy it may have made you a more grounded as an individual .....’For Sure ....’. 😉😉 there again I doubt it !!

STID. .....Together Stronger 💪💪💪
[Post edited 4 Sep 2019 22:57]

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Login to get fewer ads

Leon Britton on 22:51 - Sep 4 with 1409 viewsNotLoyal

I hoor for the club we support he is a great success. I'm unsure what his qualifications are though in the field of being a director and Implementing strategies at that level.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Leon Britton on 22:59 - Sep 4 with 1388 viewsSwanseajill

Leon Britton on 22:51 - Sep 4 by NotLoyal

I hoor for the club we support he is a great success. I'm unsure what his qualifications are though in the field of being a director and Implementing strategies at that level.

He's an adviser between Birch and Cooper on football matters.

Not a director as such.
Leon Britton on 23:44 - Sep 4 with 1348 viewsmajorraglan

Leon Britton on 16:41 - Sep 4 by Uxbridge

He's Head of Recruitment isn't he? You'd hope they're working together.

Anyway, I think this is a good thing. Someone on board with experience of the good stuff we used to do is always desirable. Don't know enough about Leon to say whether he's the right man as such, but it's definitely the right sort of appointment.

I have never met the guy and can’t comment on his post playing abilities and qualities, but as a footballer he was a Swansea legend.

There are lots of pro’s, he knows the game and played the right way, he knows the club and it’s DNA, he learned his craft at Arsenal and then West Ham where he would have worked with some quality people, he worked with some quality managers at Swansea (and some not so good) and he’s now local to the area.
Cons possibly too familiar with the club and not a great deal of experience.

Overall, I am pleased with the appointment and the way things are going on the playing side of the house.
Leon Britton on 00:24 - Sep 5 with 1304 viewsdameedna

When Trevor drip fed the news of a new appointment I knew it was Leon. It is working. Keeping the good news flowing. Wave after wave. He knows I dont trust him but keeps a steady stream of positivity with enough nous to see that including Leon Alan Lee and Wyndham is a tonic for the troops.
Leon Britton on 02:14 - Sep 5 with 1250 viewsDJack

Leon Britton on 18:35 - Sep 4 by MrSwerve

Baps.

Sorry.

mmmm, I like baps!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Leon Britton on 02:19 - Sep 5 with 1247 viewsDJack

Great player

And yet you've been a cheer leader for the club (old board) for a while based upon little (public) knowledge. Now you won't commit unless you have a full CV and manifesto.

Please just fúck off.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Leon Britton on 04:12 - Sep 5 with 1217 viewsdameedna

When the likes of our good mate Roberto left, the man was so clever that he left with the blessing of the chairman.

We had a period of time under the big man from Chelsea Reserves who decided it was a good idea to exclude Alan Curtis from the coaching team.

We also had a certain ex captain who put a knife to a squad when we could at least have kept Pablo Honey and DeGuzman. At least ffs.

Putting the best players on a salary and a long term appointment is a foil to the coaches leaving unexpectedly. We know Leon can take the reigns whilst a search is conducted.

Leon will have a role in coaching, recruitment and maintaining a core of talent that can step in a and look after the players when/if the coaching staff leave.

The role also builds a bridge between fans and the club who put the players ahead of the ownership issues.
Leon Britton on 09:19 - Sep 5 with 1066 viewsNotLoyal

Leon Britton on 22:59 - Sep 4 by Swanseajill

He's an adviser between Birch and Cooper on football matters.

Not a director as such.

Shouldn't call him one then ...

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Leon Britton on 09:20 - Sep 5 with 1066 viewsThrasher6

Leon Britton on 04:12 - Sep 5 by dameedna

When the likes of our good mate Roberto left, the man was so clever that he left with the blessing of the chairman.

We had a period of time under the big man from Chelsea Reserves who decided it was a good idea to exclude Alan Curtis from the coaching team.

We also had a certain ex captain who put a knife to a squad when we could at least have kept Pablo Honey and DeGuzman. At least ffs.

Putting the best players on a salary and a long term appointment is a foil to the coaches leaving unexpectedly. We know Leon can take the reigns whilst a search is conducted.

Leon will have a role in coaching, recruitment and maintaining a core of talent that can step in a and look after the players when/if the coaching staff leave.

The role also builds a bridge between fans and the club who put the players ahead of the ownership issues.

Very good post...

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Leon Britton on 10:19 - Sep 5 with 1015 viewsBadlands

Leon Britton on 04:12 - Sep 5 by dameedna

Agree with most of that apart from, 'We know Leon can take the reigns whilst a search is conducted.'
He was an assent coach for a month caretaker manager for a week.
Would he be a success? Don't know.
But why set him up as something he's not and may not be up to?
Playing legend? YES.
But he's still finding his niche of the field of play.
I have always promoted the idea of ex-players being retained within the club to maintain / develop a long term ethos through work with the academy initially and then see where their off-field talents lie and to retain a link with the successes of the past ... and I have received significant abuse for stating so. Jobs of the boys, can't afford changes on, etc.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024