Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. 12:23 - Sep 5 with 1454 viewsjacks777

And what goes on in South Africa is completely ignored.
On average there is 57 murders in South Africa each day.
South Africa also has only a fraction of the population of USA.
[Post edited 5 Sep 2019 12:27]
Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 14:45 - Sep 5 with 871 viewsLuther27

It's because it doesn't suit the Liberal elite in this country that supported the right to self rule. The same, if not worse is ongoing in Zimbabwe where land grabs and terror is encouraged from the top echelons of the ruling parties. To say it's disgraceful that this is allowed to happen is an understatement.
Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 14:54 - Sep 5 with 853 viewsDarran

They’re right mind. ⬆️

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 14:58 - Sep 5 with 854 viewssherpajacob

Not that long ago South Africa had a right wing racist president, supported and aided by a right wing UK prime minister.

Whereas the USA...

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 15:03 - Sep 5 with 844 viewsHumpty

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 14:45 - Sep 5 by Luther27

It's because it doesn't suit the Liberal elite in this country that supported the right to self rule. The same, if not worse is ongoing in Zimbabwe where land grabs and terror is encouraged from the top echelons of the ruling parties. To say it's disgraceful that this is allowed to happen is an understatement.

How do you think SA should be governed?

Apartheid?
Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 15:19 - Sep 5 with 822 viewsJackSomething

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 15:03 - Sep 5 by Humpty

Apartheid?

Nah, a British dominion surely?

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 15:52 - Sep 5 with 794 viewsLuther27

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 15:03 - Sep 5 by Humpty

Apartheid?

Apartheid was evil....but you think the current situation is better?
Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 15:56 - Sep 5 with 790 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Apartheid?

Of course, the USA practiced apartheid for the majority of the 20th century. Much of the south did at any rate and successive presidents were unwilling or unable to do anything about it.

Strangely, they didn't get a tiny fraction of the International condemnation that South Africa rightly got for it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 16:01 - Sep 5 with 778 viewsHumpty

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 15:52 - Sep 5 by Luther27

Apartheid was evil....but you think the current situation is better?

I think the current situation regarding crime in SA is terrible but I'm pretty sure the answer isn't minority white rule by a murderous racist regime. Things like this tend to colour my views.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpeville_massacre

Your post suggested you disagreed with the right to self rule. If you disagree with that, what system do you suggest?
Login to get fewer ads

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 16:04 - Sep 5 with 758 viewsDarran

Apartheid?

How about better than it is now?

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 16:05 - Sep 5 with 767 viewsHumpty

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 16:04 - Sep 5 by Darran

Yeah that would be great.
Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 16:08 - Sep 5 with 766 viewsjacks777

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 14:45 - Sep 5 by Luther27

Rhodesia was once the bread basket of Africa. It’s now a basket case.
Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 16:09 - Sep 5 with 765 viewsjacks777

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 16:04 - Sep 5 by Darran

You can’t say that. Not politically correct.
Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 16:10 - Sep 5 with 762 viewsLuther27

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 16:01 - Sep 5 by Humpty

I think the current situation regarding crime in SA is terrible but I'm pretty sure the answer isn't minority white rule by a murderous racist regime. Things like this tend to colour my views.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sharpeville_massacre

Your post suggested you disagreed with the right to self rule. If you disagree with that, what system do you suggest?

Where did I state I approved of white rule? What don't you understand about my quote that Appartheid was evil and still is evil?
I would personally put these nations into the world spotlight. Make governments accountable for their actions. Place UN monitors there...as we do in other countries around the world. Sanctions that won't affect local population. Travel bans for Senior government officials and their family. That would be a start in South Africa at least.
Your proposals?
Oh, and Mart 6. Why are you hiding constantly in the shadows? If you have an opinion or personal experience, then enter the debate.
Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 16:16 - Sep 5 with 737 viewsDarran

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 16:10 - Sep 5 by Luther27

Where did I state I approved of white rule? What don't you understand about my quote that Appartheid was evil and still is evil?
I would personally put these nations into the world spotlight. Make governments accountable for their actions. Place UN monitors there...as we do in other countries around the world. Sanctions that won't affect local population. Travel bans for Senior government officials and their family. That would be a start in South Africa at least.
Your proposals?
Oh, and Mart 6. Why are you hiding constantly in the shadows? If you have an opinion or personal experience, then enter the debate.

Leave Mart out of it he’s nice to me.

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 16:17 - Sep 5 with 745 viewsHumpty

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 16:10 - Sep 5 by Luther27

Your proposals?

I didn't accuse you of approving white rule. Your post suggested you didn't agree with self rule and the "liberal elite in this country" that supported it. That's why i asked you to clarify what you meant.

I accept you don't support apartheid.

My proposals? I don't have any. I'd have to look into it more.
Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 18:25 - Sep 5 with 666 viewscontroversial_jack

They are both violent countries. Whoever is the most violent is irrelevant. they are both shit holes
Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 18:37 - Sep 5 with 650 viewsdickythorpe

Simple answer is South Africa doesn't present itself in the same way USA does.
Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 18:42 - Sep 5 with 634 viewsDarran

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 18:25 - Sep 5 by controversial_jack

They are both violent countries. Whoever is the most violent is irrelevant. they are both shit holes

Shit holes in what way?

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 18:45 - Sep 5 with 637 viewslonglostjack

Russia has nearly 3 times as many murders per 100.000 people than the U.S. and the U.S has nearly 5 times as many murders per 100,000 people than the U.K. Funny nobody talks about that.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 18:49 - Sep 5 with 629 viewsDrGonzo

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 18:37 - Sep 5 by dickythorpe

Exactly. Which one presents itself as the greatest democracy in the world?
Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 18:53 - Sep 5 with 615 viewsperchrockjack

I d like to go to SA but been put off by many.

Organised tours are fine .

Still,massive inequality .

If we were born bred Afrikanner from The Free State,we would be opining differently.

Our country is no paradise and too many foreign visitors have gone home in a box

We suffer from chronic hypocrisy

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 19:04 - Sep 5 with 604 viewsjacks777

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 18:37 - Sep 5 by dickythorpe

Would you like to expand on that ?
Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 19:06 - Sep 5 with 601 viewsjacks777

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 18:45 - Sep 5 by longlostjack

Russia has nearly 3 times as many murders per 100.000 people than the U.S. and the U.S has nearly 5 times as many murders per 100,000 people than the U.K. Funny nobody talks about that.

What are you talking about 😂
Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 19:09 - Sep 5 with 595 viewsjacks777

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 18:53 - Sep 5 by perchrockjack

I d like to go to SA but been put off by many.

Organised tours are fine .

Still,massive inequality .

If we were born bred Afrikanner from The Free State,we would be opining differently.

Our country is no paradise and too many foreign visitors have gone home in a box

We suffer from chronic hypocrisy

Hypocrisy ? In what way ? On average there are 57 murders each day. That’s a war not crime.
Yet the media, politicians don’t want to tell the truth. After all they still love the ANC.
Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 19:23 - Sep 5 with 576 viewscontroversial_jack

Why does the USA get all the bad press when it comes to murder. on 18:42 - Sep 5 by Darran

Shit holes in what way?

Mass shootings, a shit health care system, more of it's own ppl in prison than any other country on earth and a lunatic as a president.Is that enough?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024