Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Beeb finally run with it 20:29 - Sep 5 with 8251 viewsJinxy

Better late than never?

Swansea City: Club could face legal action over 2016 sale - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49594420
The Beeb finally run with it on 09:28 - Sep 7 with 1511 viewsPhil_S

The Beeb finally run with it on 09:21 - Sep 7 by GVJack

Thank you. And I do apologise as I tend to stick to keeping tabs with on the field/squad matters and not the business side of it, but I'd the dispute that the Trust weren't offered to buy the shares to become a majority holder, or that they didn't receive an offer to sell their shares at the same time?

Really? Why do you dispute those two points
The Beeb finally run with it on 09:28 - Sep 7 with 1510 viewsGVJack

The Beeb finally run with it on 09:26 - Sep 7 by waynekerr55

I'm genuinely interested to see how you can dispute that there wasn't an offer for the shares.

I'm not disputing it, I'm just trying to find the facts/opinions of those directly involved
The Beeb finally run with it on 09:29 - Sep 7 with 1506 viewsjackrmee

One thing I've forgotten, or not sure about...

What were the reasons the selling shareholders had for telling the yanks to keep the trust out of negotiations?
I mean, if the trust were willing to sell their shares too, how would that have affected HJ and Co? The Yanks would have just bought the lot, shirley?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

The Beeb finally run with it on 09:33 - Sep 7 with 1500 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Beeb finally run with it on 09:29 - Sep 7 by jackrmee

One thing I've forgotten, or not sure about...

What were the reasons the selling shareholders had for telling the yanks to keep the trust out of negotiations?
I mean, if the trust were willing to sell their shares too, how would that have affected HJ and Co? The Yanks would have just bought the lot, shirley?

The fear that the Trust would do due diligence on the prospective buyers and consider them unsuitable custodians of the club. This happened previously with Moores and Noell.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The Beeb finally run with it on 09:33 - Sep 7 with 1497 viewswaynekerr55

The Beeb finally run with it on 09:28 - Sep 7 by GVJack

I'm not disputing it, I'm just trying to find the facts/opinions of those directly involved

But you just said that you 'dispute' that the Trust weren't offered to sell at the same time.

Did you not?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The Beeb finally run with it on 09:34 - Sep 7 with 1493 viewsGVJack

The Beeb finally run with it on 09:33 - Sep 7 by Joe_bradshaw

The fear that the Trust would do due diligence on the prospective buyers and consider them unsuitable custodians of the club. This happened previously with Moores and Noell.

But that still wouldn't have prevented the directors from selling their shares would it?
The Beeb finally run with it on 09:35 - Sep 7 with 1487 viewswaynekerr55

The Beeb finally run with it on 09:34 - Sep 7 by GVJack

But that still wouldn't have prevented the directors from selling their shares would it?

Well yes, as that was what happened with Moores and Noell.

Come on, let's not pretend.

The Beeb finally run with it on 09:36 - Sep 7 with 1484 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Beeb finally run with it on 09:34 - Sep 7 by GVJack

Yes it did before.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

The Beeb finally run with it on 09:38 - Sep 7 with 1474 viewsGVJack

The Beeb finally run with it on 09:33 - Sep 7 by waynekerr55

But you just said that you 'dispute' that the Trust weren't offered to sell at the same time.

Did you not?

It was a typo.. Should have read.. "Is the dispute" it was a question which had a '?' at the end of the sentence
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 9:39]
The Beeb finally run with it on 11:24 - Sep 7 with 1387 views3swan

The Beeb finally run with it on 09:38 - Sep 7 by GVJack

It was a typo.. Should have read.. "Is the dispute" it was a question which had a '?' at the end of the sentence
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 9:39]

Also if the new owners only had X amount of money to buy shares, and also had to buy the Trust shares, it would have been no sale, or at a lower price per share leaving the sellers getting a lower figure for their shares
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 11:31]
The Beeb finally run with it on 12:09 - Sep 7 with 1352 viewsDarran

The Beeb finally run with it on 07:21 - Sep 7 by GVJack

OK, so is this dispute over the fact that the Trust weren't offered to sell their shares? Does it now want to sell its shares, and if it does... Does that make the trust as bad as Jenkins and Co who get a beasting on here for selling after taking the club as far as they could?

Being 100% serious here have the new owners taken us further then?
Have they actually done anything that couldn’t have happened under the old board?

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Beeb finally run with it on 12:50 - Sep 7 with 1306 viewsGVJack

The Beeb finally run with it on 12:09 - Sep 7 by Darran

Being 100% serious here have the new owners taken us further then?
Have they actually done anything that couldn’t have happened under the old board?

No, but that's not down to the previous board (we'll Jenkins may have had a hand on it by staying on as Chairman).

Wasn't the whole reason the trust was created to ensure that the fans had a stake in the club to prevent the risk of returning to the dark days under Tony Petty. If that being the case why would the trust want to sell out and risk it?
The Beeb finally run with it on 12:55 - Sep 7 with 1296 viewswaynekerr55

The Beeb finally run with it on 12:50 - Sep 7 by GVJack

No, but that's not down to the previous board (we'll Jenkins may have had a hand on it by staying on as Chairman).

Wasn't the whole reason the trust was created to ensure that the fans had a stake in the club to prevent the risk of returning to the dark days under Tony Petty. If that being the case why would the trust want to sell out and risk it?

Yes, but you know that the terms of the sale have prevented the Trust from being able to protect the club.

On a serious note I've had plenty to say, but I will add that had the sale been conducted properly, not one person could have criticised the previous owners for cashing in.

The Beeb finally run with it on 12:57 - Sep 7 with 1291 viewsDarran

The Trust can’t prevent anything mate because the sellouts deviously sold out their voting rights too.

The Beeb finally run with it on 12:57 - Sep 7 with 1291 viewslondonlisa2001

If the club ever did return to the dark days, a Trust with a significant war chest would be able to help more than a Trust with a minority stake in that failing club. If the Trust had the ability to ensure those dark days didn’t happen that’s a different matter. But that relies on the Trust having some decision making powers enshrined in law.
The Beeb finally run with it on 13:02 - Sep 7 with 1286 viewsGVJack

The Beeb finally run with it on 12:57 - Sep 7 by londonlisa2001

If the club ever did return to the dark days, a Trust with a significant war chest would be able to help more than a Trust with a minority stake in that failing club. If the Trust had the ability to ensure those dark days didn’t happen that’s a different matter. But that relies on the Trust having some decision making powers enshrined in law.

So this is about the trust members cashing in? Or not having the opportunity to?
The Beeb finally run with it on 13:04 - Sep 7 with 1284 viewslondonlisa2001

The Beeb finally run with it on 13:02 - Sep 7 by GVJack

So this is about the trust members cashing in? Or not having the opportunity to?

The Trust members can’t ‘cash in’.

But I explained the issue. Your response suggests you are not questioning in good faith. So I’m out.
The Beeb finally run with it on 13:08 - Sep 7 with 1274 viewsGVJack

The Beeb finally run with it on 13:04 - Sep 7 by londonlisa2001

The Trust members can’t ‘cash in’.

But I explained the issue. Your response suggests you are not questioning in good faith. So I’m out.

I'm just trying to understand exactly what the motive is here for bringing a legal case against the very club you support? What would be the best outcome for the trust here? What is it exactly that they want given the fact nobody has a time machine and can rewind the clock
The Beeb finally run with it on 13:13 - Sep 7 with 1261 viewsDarran

The Beeb finally run with it on 13:08 - Sep 7 by GVJack

I'm just trying to understand exactly what the motive is here for bringing a legal case against the very club you support? What would be the best outcome for the trust here? What is it exactly that they want given the fact nobody has a time machine and can rewind the clock

It’s not against the club.

The Beeb finally run with it on 13:14 - Sep 7 with 1258 viewslondonlisa2001

You’re not trying to do anything of the sort.

Btw - your posting history is interesting...
The Beeb finally run with it on 13:38 - Sep 7 with 1220 viewsjacks777

It’s all about egos within the trust. The trust has become an albatross around the neck of the club.
What’s their plan if they won ? (hope they don’t)
They don’t have the financial muscle to actually invest into the club.
The Beeb finally run with it on 13:43 - Sep 7 with 1216 viewslondonlisa2001

The Beeb finally run with it on 13:38 - Sep 7 by jacks777

It’s all about egos within the trust. The trust has become an albatross around the neck of the club.
What’s their plan if they won ? (hope they don’t)
They don’t have the financial muscle to actually invest into the club.

Another subject you don’t understand.
The Beeb finally run with it on 13:51 - Sep 7 with 1201 viewsjacks777

The Beeb finally run with it on 13:43 - Sep 7 by londonlisa2001

Another subject you don’t understand.

Couldn’t careless about what you think.
That’s my opinion. The trusts time has come and gone.
Where is the trusts money to buy new players ?
Whatever the outcome of this ridiculous case....the club will be the loser.
The Beeb finally run with it on 13:54 - Sep 7 with 1194 viewslondonlisa2001

The Beeb finally run with it on 13:51 - Sep 7 by jacks777

Couldn’t careless about what you think.
That’s my opinion. The trusts time has come and gone.
Where is the trusts money to buy new players ?
Whatever the outcome of this ridiculous case....the club will be the loser.

Why would the Trust need to buy new players if it won any case?
The Beeb finally run with it on 14:02 - Sep 7 with 1180 viewsmarchamjack

Views from some on this thread beggars belief

They are either genuinely thick

Or

They are being genuinely disingenuous

Either way 🤦‍♂️

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024