Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread 14:11 - Sep 6 with 12703 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 19:12]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 22:27 - Sep 6 with 2047 viewsTNT

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 22:21 - Sep 6 by jack2jack

That's twice you've been wrong today. The first time was when you got out of bed.
Skippy FFS! 😂

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 22:29 - Sep 6 with 2039 viewsNortbankboy

That's twice you've been wrong today. The first time was when you got out of bed.
Skippy FFS! 😂

How did Mcbernie is play for the jocks?
The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 22:31 - Sep 6 with 2028 viewsTNT

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 22:29 - Sep 6 by Nortbankboy

How did Mcbernie is play for the jocks?

Ooopsadaisy, valleyboy is writing gibberish again.

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 22:48 - Sep 6 with 1968 viewsFireboy2

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 21:51 - Sep 6 by raynor94

I'd prefer to see any of the home nations win obviously, does it bother me me if they don't no, I'm a club man

Each to their own, wheras im a wales fan first and swans a close second.

But i guess living in england has made me more passionate.
The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 22:51 - Sep 6 with 1952 viewsmagicdaps10

Neil Taylor is shiite.
Joey looks like a shadow of himself.

Giggs needs to fook off.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 22:55 - Sep 6 with 1937 viewsUxbridge

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 21:57 - Sep 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Or £8 million even

He hadn't just gone through 3 years of Stoke at that point. He's gone now. Tragic to see.

Rodon and Roberts looked a class apart, as did James. We've done something right down here.

As for Giggs, a blessed relief he never got a gig down here. He's not fit for purpose is he.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 23:02 - Sep 6 with 1917 viewsMrSwerve

Are people saying that Giggs, who has never been a manager before (forget his short spell with Utd), is struggling to manage an international team?

Well, fûck me.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 00:45 - Sep 7 with 1792 viewsmajorraglan

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 21:14 - Sep 6 by Algorfajack

This really shows that the clowns at the Wales FA have no clue whatsoever when selecting a manager
[Post edited 6 Sep 2019 21:15]

Have an up arrow.

Football is a multimillion pound industry, I can’t understand why the FAW invariably go for the Welsh option as manager when quite often they don’t have the experience or knowledge to do the job. I appreciate that they don’t have the same kind of money as Man City to throw about, but there must be some good managers who would like to manage on the international stage.
I don’t blame Giggs taking the job, but I question the FAWs choice. Listening to the radio after the game and there’s people asking for Hartson to be appointed, less experience that Giggs!
If you were running a multi million pound saw mill, would you let an apprentice manage the place?

Edit typo
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 8:24]
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 01:00 - Sep 7 with 1782 viewsmajorraglan

Not long back from the game, it was very frustrating. Thought that we had plenty of ball, but there was very little forward momentum and players wanted to play in back and forth probing, but achieving zilch.

Rodon played well, brought the ball out a few times, on that good long run I was screaming at him to pull the trigger and shoot, I wish he’d shown a bit more confidence in his own ability because there were a few times he carried the ball out he could have gone further forward but didn’t. Connor Roberts had good game, if I was pedantic I’d say he could have got forward a bit more often. Taylor had a patchy night, but I suspect Giggs is trying to get a few more options for team. Joe Allen was ok, being at the game you could see he. did a lot covering, Davies was tidy and Dan James did a decent job. Disappointing result though, Giggs need to get a better blend.

Thought Johnie Williams did ok when he came on, he was direct and prepared to have a run at them. Nice to see him playing regular football. A total of 5 current or ex Swansea players I’d a good result for the club and academy.
The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 02:54 - Sep 7 with 1720 viewsChief

What an utterly horrible atmosphere tonight.

Apparently we're too scared to follow Wales so who were the stupid silent ceuuunts in Legoland tonight?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 07:55 - Sep 7 with 1562 viewsDrGonzo

At what point do the FAW give up on Giggs? This team is in his image, boring.

Our only hope is for some naive/desperate PL club to come after him.
The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 07:57 - Sep 7 with 1560 viewsJinxy

I've dragged this relic out as a reminder of Giggs' communication and motivational skills. Add to that his skeletons, historical club/country priorities etc. and the sum total seems to be a disconnect (disrespect too?) between players and manager. I hope it turns out well for him/us, but I don't think the basic ingredients are there to get the best out of a promising young squad. I really can't imagine him rousing the troops when the chips are down!

I can't recall the exact words, but Bale hinted at some misalignment during his post match interview - the tone said it all for me. The FAW should take a long hard look at this situation and our prospects under Giggs, but they won't sadly.

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 08:13 - Sep 7 with 1526 viewsBlasterJack

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 02:54 - Sep 7 by Chief

What an utterly horrible atmosphere tonight.

Apparently we're too scared to follow Wales so who were the stupid silent ceuuunts in Legoland tonight?

Performance on the pitch was woeful but excellent atmosphere in the ground as usual tonight even when they equalised.
We celebrated like we had won the World Cup when Bale scored which kind of sums up how far we have fallen since 2016.

The only positive about the Giggs' Wales appointment is that he's not likely to turn up at Swansea anytime soon.
I would gouge my eyes out if I had to watch that sort of shapeless team performance week in week out.

Onto Slovakia!

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 08:49 - Sep 7 with 1472 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 01:00 - Sep 7 by majorraglan

Not long back from the game, it was very frustrating. Thought that we had plenty of ball, but there was very little forward momentum and players wanted to play in back and forth probing, but achieving zilch.

Rodon played well, brought the ball out a few times, on that good long run I was screaming at him to pull the trigger and shoot, I wish he’d shown a bit more confidence in his own ability because there were a few times he carried the ball out he could have gone further forward but didn’t. Connor Roberts had good game, if I was pedantic I’d say he could have got forward a bit more often. Taylor had a patchy night, but I suspect Giggs is trying to get a few more options for team. Joe Allen was ok, being at the game you could see he. did a lot covering, Davies was tidy and Dan James did a decent job. Disappointing result though, Giggs need to get a better blend.

Thought Johnie Williams did ok when he came on, he was direct and prepared to have a run at them. Nice to see him playing regular football. A total of 5 current or ex Swansea players I’d a good result for the club and academy.

At one point Rodon looked our best attacking player!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 08:59 - Sep 7 with 1465 viewsPegojack

Giggs has got less charisma than the mouldy orange in my fruit bowl.
The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 09:04 - Sep 7 with 1444 viewsLeonWasGod

Skippy FFS! 😂

Well said Dwight.
The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 10:11 - Sep 7 with 1374 viewsChief

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 08:13 - Sep 7 by BlasterJack

Performance on the pitch was woeful but excellent atmosphere in the ground as usual tonight even when they equalised.
We celebrated like we had won the World Cup when Bale scored which kind of sums up how far we have fallen since 2016.

The only positive about the Giggs' Wales appointment is that he's not likely to turn up at Swansea anytime soon.
I would gouge my eyes out if I had to watch that sort of shapeless team performance week in week out.

Onto Slovakia!

Excellent atmosphere? Really!?

I thought it was really poor.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 10:38 - Sep 7 with 1354 viewsZaxx

A decent amount of singing from the Canton stand but that was about it last night to be fair.
I was in the Ninian with the lads and it's the quietest I can remember.
Though we were poor last night overall even though our there were some decent individual performances, notably Mepham and Rodon.
With our current crop of players I honestly think that if Bale plays, he has to play as a No.9, I'm not sure what Giggs was thinking starting Lawrence up there ffs.
Brookes will be a welcome return, as Ramsey will be too. Would love to see Ward get a chance between the sticks and regardless of whether he's starting for Spurs, Ben should be in ahead of Taylor.
I could go on but until we have a change of manager I don't see us reaching anywhere near the levels we could.
At least Jonniesta looked full of running again which was nice to see.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 12:39]
The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 13:23 - Sep 7 with 1264 viewsmajorraglan

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 10:38 - Sep 7 by Zaxx

A decent amount of singing from the Canton stand but that was about it last night to be fair.
I was in the Ninian with the lads and it's the quietest I can remember.
Though we were poor last night overall even though our there were some decent individual performances, notably Mepham and Rodon.
With our current crop of players I honestly think that if Bale plays, he has to play as a No.9, I'm not sure what Giggs was thinking starting Lawrence up there ffs.
Brookes will be a welcome return, as Ramsey will be too. Would love to see Ward get a chance between the sticks and regardless of whether he's starting for Spurs, Ben should be in ahead of Taylor.
I could go on but until we have a change of manager I don't see us reaching anywhere near the levels we could.
At least Jonniesta looked full of running again which was nice to see.
[Post edited 7 Sep 2019 12:39]

Agree with this, we’re in the Ninian too but closer to the Canton side so we get the atmosphere, but further down its quieter and felt flat last night. The attendance was lower than other games and I guess some people struggle (especially after the summer hols) to get time off etc and possibly afford to go the game.

Can’t see there being a big crowd Monday night, they should have taken it back to Wrexham or the Liberty.
The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 19:16 - Sep 7 with 1137 viewsBlasterJack

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 10:11 - Sep 7 by Chief

Excellent atmosphere? Really!?

I thought it was really poor.

I was in the Canton stand so may be a bit biased in fairness.

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 19:40 - Sep 7 with 1102 viewstheloneranger

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 08:59 - Sep 7 by Pegojack

At least Rhodri still loves him ... 😇

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 19:46 - Sep 7 with 1093 viewsBadlands

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 01:00 - Sep 7 by majorraglan

Both Mepham and Rodon seemed to have to scurry back if they went to far up the pitch. When they did move forward there was no cover dropping back to fill the space they left.
That is donjon to the manager.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 21:59 - Sep 7 with 1019 viewsTNT

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 08:59 - Sep 7 by Pegojack

He's turned up for all the Wales games so far though, tbf, Peg.

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 09:41 - Sep 8 with 900 viewsfelixstowe_jack

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 13:23 - Sep 7 by majorraglan

Agree with this, we’re in the Ninian too but closer to the Canton side so we get the atmosphere, but further down its quieter and felt flat last night. The attendance was lower than other games and I guess some people struggle (especially after the summer hols) to get time off etc and possibly afford to go the game.

Can’t see there being a big crowd Monday night, they should have taken it back to Wrexham or the Liberty.

I thought it was always a sell out at Lego land that's why the play it there. Not seen attendance published anywhere.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 09:55 - Sep 8 with 883 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The Official Wales Vs Azerbaijan Match Thread on 09:41 - Sep 8 by felixstowe_jack

I thought it was always a sell out at Lego land that's why the play it there. Not seen attendance published anywhere.

23K announced on the night.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024