Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! 15:15 - Sep 6 with 8017 viewsvetchonian

Surprised no one else has posted this!!!

Funny how those from up the road who post on here are quiet of late......I do know its early days but I guess our percentage attendance to rise if our present form continues

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leeds-united-fulham-c

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 16:45 - Sep 6 with 5405 viewsBadlands

Well worth listening to Elis James' podcasts at the moment. He's with Danny Gabbidon and Iwan Roberts.
Feast of Football on BBC Wales.
Good laugh about serous football

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 16:53 - Sep 6 with 5389 viewsBlue_Blood

I'm not one to come on here to look for an argument but I don't understand what relevance % of stadium is?

More people have watched Cardiff than Swansea and that's the head and tail of it. Add to that the complete and utter dross being served up by Warnock and Paterson as our 'playmaker' then how we get over 5k is amazing!
Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 16:53 - Sep 6 with 5390 viewstaffpunk

All that shows to me is that at this moment, on average approx 7,000 more people go to watch us than go to watch you. I don't particularly care, but they are the facts. Ours will soon drop, and yours will continue to rise if our respective Clubs keep playing as they are.

Both of us are having excellent crowds compared to back in the day, let's hope it continues.
Percentages my arse...

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 17:26 - Sep 6 with 5340 viewsjacks777

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 16:53 - Sep 6 by Blue_Blood

I'm not one to come on here to look for an argument but I don't understand what relevance % of stadium is?

More people have watched Cardiff than Swansea and that's the head and tail of it. Add to that the complete and utter dross being served up by Warnock and Paterson as our 'playmaker' then how we get over 5k is amazing!

Cardiff ain’t a big club. Never has been. That’s not me engaging in tribalism between Cardiff and Swansea. You’re at the same level as Swansea. Good support when things are going well , average support when not so well.
Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 17:28 - Sep 6 with 5341 viewsAguycalledJack

Crap stat.
Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 17:31 - Sep 6 with 5333 viewsBlue_Blood

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 17:26 - Sep 6 by jacks777

Cardiff ain’t a big club. Never has been. That’s not me engaging in tribalism between Cardiff and Swansea. You’re at the same level as Swansea. Good support when things are going well , average support when not so well.

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 17:33 - Sep 6 with 5322 viewsBlue_Blood

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 17:26 - Sep 6 by jacks777

I don't think we're a big club. I honestly think we have decent potential if we were run right. I think our catchment is better than yours basically cos there are more people nearer Cardiff than there are Swansea.

But there hasn't been much differences in our crowds though you have had a lot more success in recent times than us.
Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 17:34 - Sep 6 with 5315 viewsjacks777

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 17:31 - Sep 6 by Blue_Blood

And what is that supposed to prove ?
You’ve just come down from the PL, lets see what support you get next season if you don’t get promoted. Probably be averaging 15-16,000.
Login to get fewer ads

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 17:37 - Sep 6 with 5309 viewsjacks777

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 17:33 - Sep 6 by Blue_Blood

I don't think we're a big club. I honestly think we have decent potential if we were run right. I think our catchment is better than yours basically cos there are more people nearer Cardiff than there are Swansea.

But there hasn't been much differences in our crowds though you have had a lot more success in recent times than us.

Barnet have a larger catchment area than Cardiff. So what.
Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 18:06 - Sep 6 with 5257 viewsmonmouth

Who gives a shit. Would I swap a single thing with Cardiff. No. Loads of clubs get bigger crowds than both. Do I care. No.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 18:23 - Sep 6 with 5235 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Will drop next season once all the PL season ticket holders do not renew.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 19:19 - Sep 6 with 5169 viewsBlue_Blood

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 18:23 - Sep 6 by felixstowe_jack

Will drop next season once all the PL season ticket holders do not renew.

This is my last post on the subject cos I couldn't really give a shit but you cannot say we'll go down to 15k cos we consistently kept 18k i believe under Russell Slade a few years after being relegated, and if you think Warnock's football is bad then you never witnessed us then!
Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 21:28 - Sep 6 with 5049 viewsTNT

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 19:19 - Sep 6 by Blue_Blood

This is my last post on the subject cos I couldn't really give a shit but you cannot say we'll go down to 15k cos we consistently kept 18k i believe under Russell Slade a few years after being relegated, and if you think Warnock's football is bad then you never witnessed us then!

Amen to that, and good riddance.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 21:42 - Sep 6 with 5038 viewsTim_Harry

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 19:19 - Sep 6 by Blue_Blood

Didn't Cardiff have some misleading attendance figures around that time due to the five year price freeze?

Thousands renewing their season tickets before the April deadline, in the hope that you'd be in the Prem. Only for about 12,000 to turn up for Championship games.

Surprised you forgot about that to be honest.
Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 21:52 - Sep 6 with 5012 viewsLeonWasGod

You don’t always get over 5k .

%age of stadium capacity is a weird one, but it is commonly used. %age of catchment might be better to indicate local support, but how you’d define the catchment I’ve no idea. Not that it’s important.
Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 22:12 - Sep 6 with 4972 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 21:42 - Sep 6 by Tim_Harry

Didn't Cardiff have some misleading attendance figures around that time due to the five year price freeze?

Thousands renewing their season tickets before the April deadline, in the hope that you'd be in the Prem. Only for about 12,000 to turn up for Championship games.

Exactly right. ST holders stayed away but still had to be counted.
Catchment areas? I think we now share the same , valleys are fair game for us now, even PT is now majority white. West of the river neath next to none of them. Apart from Pembs Alan lol

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 10:54 - Sep 7 with 4770 viewsCatullus

In a table of pointless stats surely this would be number one? Man Utd get much bigger crowds than Man City but would a blue turn red just because their crowds are bigger? Would any Jack turn blue because they get 5k more at the moment.
If our stadium was 100% full and Man Utd's was 50% full, they'd have over 16k more than us, so what?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 10:58 - Sep 7 with 4761 viewsbluey_the_blue

Virtually all teams announce tickets sold including STs.

Only people who need to know the numbers in the stadium are the police etc.
Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 12:37 - Sep 7 with 4685 viewspencoedjack

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 22:12 - Sep 6 by Brynmill_Jack

Exactly right. ST holders stayed away but still had to be counted.
Catchment areas? I think we now share the same , valleys are fair game for us now, even PT is now majority white. West of the river neath next to none of them. Apart from Pembs Alan lol

Pembs Alan now there’s a bitter bloke
Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 13:12 - Sep 7 with 4652 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 12:37 - Sep 7 by pencoedjack

Pembs Alan now there’s a bitter bloke

He's like a kind of king Canute, desperately ignoring the white tide swallowing him up lol.
Whilst still insisting - "Pembrokeshire's Blue , honest"

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 13:32 - Sep 7 with 4632 viewsfelixstowe_jack

They also offered league cup final tickets only to people who bought season tickets. A lot of people had to buy season tickets just to watch then against liverpool at Wembley.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 15:16 - Sep 7 with 4576 viewsthornabyswan

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 13:32 - Sep 7 by felixstowe_jack

They also offered league cup final tickets only to people who bought season tickets. A lot of people had to buy season tickets just to watch then against liverpool at Wembley.

How did they get on didn't we win that competition a few years back.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 15:19 - Sep 7 with 4572 viewsbluey_the_blue

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 13:32 - Sep 7 by felixstowe_jack

Not true.
Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 15:21 - Sep 7 with 4566 viewsTim_Harry

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 10:58 - Sep 7 by bluey_the_blue

Virtually all teams announce tickets sold including STs.

Only people who need to know the numbers in the stadium are the police etc.

Yep, not disputing that. I'd imagine there's probably a difference at most grounds between the official attendance and the actual amount of people in the stadium. But not to the same extent as it was with Cardiff during the time period that the previous poster mentioned.

Attendances around the 20k mark were being announced, with around 12-13 thousand actually there. It won't surprise me if next season's attendances dipped down to that level if you don't start improving this season.
Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 15:45 - Sep 7 with 4546 viewsbluey_the_blue

Above the Bluebirds in all Leagues!! on 15:21 - Sep 7 by Tim_Harry

Yep, not disputing that. I'd imagine there's probably a difference at most grounds between the official attendance and the actual amount of people in the stadium. But not to the same extent as it was with Cardiff during the time period that the previous poster mentioned.

Attendances around the 20k mark were being announced, with around 12-13 thousand actually there. It won't surprise me if next season's attendances dipped down to that level if you don't start improving this season.

Depends on who the manager is next season.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024