Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
F3 crash just now. 10:21 - Sep 7 with 1687 viewsbluey_the_blue

Amazingly, Peroni walked unaided to medical car.

F3 crash just now. on 10:26 - Sep 7 with 1680 viewsWarwickHunt

Prefer Moretti.
F3 crash just now. on 10:46 - Sep 7 with 1653 viewsgrabsplatter

Horrific looking & really lucky to walk away from it.
Given what happened last weekend there'll be serious questions asked about that.
F3 crash just now. on 10:53 - Sep 7 with 1651 viewsbluey_the_blue

Absolutely questions will be asked - something on that runoff caused him to launch.

One thing for sure though, those complaining about the halo look very stupid, no doubt it would have been a lot more serious without it.
F3 crash just now. on 11:17 - Sep 7 with 1641 viewsgrabsplatter

F3 crash just now. on 10:53 - Sep 7 by bluey_the_blue

Absolutely questions will be asked - something on that runoff caused him to launch.

One thing for sure though, those complaining about the halo look very stupid, no doubt it would have been a lot more serious without it.

Very true, the halo looks rubbish but it works & that's all that matters.
F3 crash just now. on 11:34 - Sep 7 with 1630 viewsMrSwerve

How the hell did that happen? A drain cover or something?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

F3 crash just now. on 11:41 - Sep 7 with 1627 viewsbluey_the_blue

F3 crash just now. on 11:34 - Sep 7 by MrSwerve

How the hell did that happen? A drain cover or something?

Plastic "sausage" kerb bolted down onto track - to prevent drivers exceeding track limits for advantage.

Basically, go over them, they rattle the car, like a minimal speed bump. Paraboliica corner used to have gravel instead - slow car down, better chance of going into the wall. Removed gravel, so a run off area with sausage kerbs to slow drivers down..

If a slower F3 cardoes that, would be worse with a F1 car. The offending kerb has now been removed from the track, in practise, qualifying any drivers exceeding the limits have that laps time deleted.
F3 crash just now. on 11:56 - Sep 7 with 1620 viewsMrSwerve

F3 crash just now. on 11:41 - Sep 7 by bluey_the_blue

Plastic "sausage" kerb bolted down onto track - to prevent drivers exceeding track limits for advantage.

Basically, go over them, they rattle the car, like a minimal speed bump. Paraboliica corner used to have gravel instead - slow car down, better chance of going into the wall. Removed gravel, so a run off area with sausage kerbs to slow drivers down..

If a slower F3 cardoes that, would be worse with a F1 car. The offending kerb has now been removed from the track, in practise, qualifying any drivers exceeding the limits have that laps time deleted.

Ah, couldn’t see the sausage kerb.

I’ve watched F1 for 25 years but ta for the explanation.

F3 crash just now. on 11:59 - Sep 7 with 1615 viewsMrSwerve

On a side note, there’s a push for bringing back gravel (finally) after what happened at Raidillon last week. Yes it can flip single seaters, but I think it needs to be brought back...albeit sensibly. It can cause a mess on the track but it’s usually minimal.

Would sort out this track limits madness too.

Login to get fewer ads

F3 crash just now. on 12:01 - Sep 7 with 1612 viewsbluey_the_blue

F3 crash just now. on 11:59 - Sep 7 by MrSwerve

On a side note, there’s a push for bringing back gravel (finally) after what happened at Raidillon last week. Yes it can flip single seaters, but I think it needs to be brought back...albeit sensibly. It can cause a mess on the track but it’s usually minimal.

Utterly agree.
F3 crash just now. on 17:47 - Sep 7 with 1552 viewsgrabsplatter

F3 crash just now. on 11:59 - Sep 7 by MrSwerve

I agree about gravel traps, the negatives are more safety cars because of cars stuck & they do cause rollers but overall i think it's a better solution.
A big part of the problem is that circuit & kerb designs that are ideal for cars are unsuitable for bikes unfortunately
F3 crash just now. on 18:43 - Sep 7 with 1532 viewsDJack

F3 crash just now. on 10:26 - Sep 7 by WarwickHunt

Prefer Moretti.

...I'm a car crash after either.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

F3 crash just now. on 18:49 - Sep 7 with 1527 viewstheloneranger

F3 crash just now. on 10:26 - Sep 7 by WarwickHunt

Prefer Moretti.

At least he didn't bottle it. 😎

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024