Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Independence march merthyr 08:15 - Sep 8 with 27582 viewsCwmafanJack

Did anyone make the trip? Great speakers eddie butler and neville southall. Thousands in attendance with thousands more not being able to make it as trains where full coming from cardiff. Also busts the myth that theres no support for independence in the south. Well done all. Annibyniaeth 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Independence march merthyr on 20:52 - Sep 11 with 1408 viewslonglostjack

Independence march merthyr on 20:47 - Sep 11 by Lohengrin

Cosying up to the broadcasting apparatus of the Islamic regime in Iran?

Lovely.

Not very clever.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Independence march merthyr on 20:56 - Sep 11 with 1390 viewsladyjack

Leanne with somebody wearing a Leanne t-shirt.
Independence march merthyr on 20:59 - Sep 11 with 1381 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Independence march merthyr on 20:56 - Sep 11 by ladyjack

Once again, just like Brexit - the opposing view simply has to be “far right” . Utter lying c*nts

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Independence march merthyr on 20:59 - Sep 11 with 1379 viewsLohengrin

Independence march merthyr on 20:56 - Sep 11 by ladyjack

It’s been highly amusing to see your deposed inebriate Queen scale new heights of idiocy of late, Tramp. If Price has an ounce of sense he’d get her off Twitter quick smart.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Independence march merthyr on 21:41 - Sep 12 with 1255 viewsEbo

Independence march merthyr on 20:59 - Sep 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Once again, just like Brexit - the opposing view simply has to be “far right” . Utter lying c*nts

At that Farage circus, not a single welsh flag. Very sad.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Independence march merthyr on 00:14 - Sep 13 with 1220 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Independence march merthyr on 21:41 - Sep 12 by Ebo

At that Farage circus, not a single welsh flag. Very sad.

Again, f*ck Farage. Another stereotype for the leave voter to be conveniently pigeonholed into.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Independence march merthyr on 07:26 - Sep 13 with 1172 viewsKilkennyjack

Get on the Indy bus, this is a one way trip now.
Just look at the figures for the young people.

The dragon is now awake ... 🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Beware of the Risen People

Independence march merthyr on 07:46 - Sep 13 with 1156 viewsraynor94

Independence march merthyr on 07:26 - Sep 13 by Kilkennyjack

Get on the Indy bus, this is a one way trip now.
Just look at the figures for the young people.

The dragon is now awake ... 🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

A poll of 1039 people

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Login to get fewer ads

Independence march merthyr on 08:28 - Sep 13 with 1145 viewsperchrockjack

Its like marching to bring back the Birch,Capital Punishment or Deportation to the Colonies.
Never going to happen.

Look at the state we're in.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Independence march merthyr on 09:16 - Sep 13 with 1129 viewsEbo

Independence march merthyr on 00:14 - Sep 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Again, f*ck Farage. Another stereotype for the leave voter to be conveniently pigeonholed into.

He is the one that has got into the thick t vvats minds. He is the dog whistler.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Independence march merthyr on 09:27 - Sep 13 with 1124 viewsjohnlangy

Independence march merthyr on 18:28 - Sep 10 by Wingstandwood

There is the problem, 20 years of Welsh Assemble Government will in itself put people completely off increased powers and independence. It has been an appalling advertisement!

Susan Bailey (very astute, intelligent, perceptive) made predictions (outside of South Wales Evening Post reporting) that were not only extremely prophetic but extremely worrying as well.

Her concern at a few years back was the threat of staged, gradual, step by step centralisation to Cardiff of Swansea/SW Wales services. Services being taken away from Swansea/SW Wales and being located in Cardiff. Her additional concern was then of the possibility of those Cardiff services ending up in Bristol.

'Her concern at a few years back was the threat of staged, gradual, step by step centralisation to Cardiff of Swansea/SW Wales services. Services being taken away from Swansea/SW Wales and being located in Cardiff. Her additional concern was then of the possibility of those Cardiff services ending up in Bristol'.

Correct. And all decisions taken by the Labour Party. Another obvious reason why we should vote for a party who will work for ALL of Wales, not just the South East.

I'll say it again, it's not the Assembly that makes these decisions, it's the people running the Assembly. It's Labour that have made these decisions for the last 20 years.

Time for a change.
Independence march merthyr on 10:58 - Sep 13 with 1108 viewsKilkennyjack

Independence march merthyr on 07:46 - Sep 13 by raynor94

A poll of 1039 people

Funnily enough Google says ....

‘sample size: Polling averages often weight polls by the size of their samples, giving, for example, a poll with a sample size of 2000 twice as much weight as one with a sample size of 1000. I believe this grossly overstates the importance of sample size and sample error. In fact, sample error is just one possible cause of error amongst many others, it is just the easiest to quantify and pollsters with a typical sample size of 1000 have often outperformed those with a typical sample size of 2000.’

So maybe you dont need to be too concerned ...?

Independence march merthyr on 11:03 - Sep 13 with 1105 viewsUxbridge

Independence march merthyr on 07:46 - Sep 13 by raynor94

A poll of 1039 people

Kind of how polling tends to be done

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Independence march merthyr on 11:07 - Sep 13 with 1098 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Independence march merthyr on 11:03 - Sep 13 by Uxbridge

Kind of how polling tends to be done

Indeed it is. The really crucial thing is that the sample is representative and that any question was carefully crafted not to lead those polled.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Independence march merthyr on 12:03 - Sep 13 with 1079 viewsWingstandwood

Independence march merthyr on 09:27 - Sep 13 by johnlangy

'Her concern at a few years back was the threat of staged, gradual, step by step centralisation to Cardiff of Swansea/SW Wales services. Services being taken away from Swansea/SW Wales and being located in Cardiff. Her additional concern was then of the possibility of those Cardiff services ending up in Bristol'.

Correct. And all decisions taken by the Labour Party. Another obvious reason why we should vote for a party who will work for ALL of Wales, not just the South East.

I'll say it again, it's not the Assembly that makes these decisions, it's the people running the Assembly. It's Labour that have made these decisions for the last 20 years.

Time for a change.

Here is the problem about an independent Wales i.e. if you get rid of the political parties currently within the Cardiff bubble to start a 'new beginning" it'll be undemocratic. Only dictatorships would order what parties stand and do not stand.

The Labour Party and its people have no intention to go away either i.e. its been a golden goose that has since time immemorial rewarded its kith and kin with all sorts of safe seats, shoe-ins, jobs-for-the-boys, third sector jobs. quango appointments and patronage.

What is the point of independence with a force-multiplied status quo i.e. an independent Wales governed by an even larger Cardiff biased/regional partitionalist Labour Party supplemented with the likes of the utterly ridiculous Leanne Wood.

Most sane people do not want a selfish Cardiff biased "shock and awe" version of what is already down Cardiff Bay. No thank you very much, the sheer thought is terrifying.

Argus!

Independence march merthyr on 12:08 - Sep 13 with 1076 viewsWingstandwood

Independence march merthyr on 20:59 - Sep 11 by Brynmill_Jack

The very people they require to vote for them are the working class of type they gratuitously and maliciously smear. The contempt they have for voters is shocking just like their complete and utter lack of awareness and common sense.

Argus!

Independence march merthyr on 12:10 - Sep 13 with 1074 viewsUxbridge

Independence march merthyr on 11:07 - Sep 13 by Joe_bradshaw

Indeed it is. The really crucial thing is that the sample is representative and that any question was carefully crafted not to lead those polled.

Absolutely. Stats are only as good as their data size and quality. It's why I think anyone paying much attention to xG or various stats after 6 games and trying to extrapolate are utter loons.

This is a perfectly acceptable sample size from a perfectly reputable and experience company. It's as valid a snapshot as any other poll taken in other areas.

It's not a massive surprise really, in the current climate. ALso in the polling was that 41% expressed preference for Wales within the EU in the event of Scotland/NI leaving. That's pretty big and the longer this goes on the numbers likely to increase IMO.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Independence march merthyr on 17:32 - Sep 13 with 1013 viewsKilkennyjack

Independence march merthyr on 12:10 - Sep 13 by Uxbridge

Absolutely. Stats are only as good as their data size and quality. It's why I think anyone paying much attention to xG or various stats after 6 games and trying to extrapolate are utter loons.

This is a perfectly acceptable sample size from a perfectly reputable and experience company. It's as valid a snapshot as any other poll taken in other areas.

It's not a massive surprise really, in the current climate. ALso in the polling was that 41% expressed preference for Wales within the EU in the event of Scotland/NI leaving. That's pretty big and the longer this goes on the numbers likely to increase IMO.

Great post.

The Indy bus is well and truly on its way, Boris sure to screw up Brexit which will drive even more welsh people to YesCymru.

Independence march merthyr on 17:35 - Sep 13 with 1011 viewsKilkennyjack

Independence march merthyr on 08:28 - Sep 13 by perchrockjack

Its like marching to bring back the Birch,Capital Punishment or Deportation to the Colonies.
Never going to happen.

Look at the state we're in.

Not sure you are really grasping this thread ... 🤷‍♂️

Get off your knees and get into the Indy bus. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺
10 years max, the young want Indywales.

Independence march merthyr on 17:41 - Sep 13 with 1008 viewsHighjack

Independence march merthyr on 12:08 - Sep 13 by Wingstandwood

The very people they require to vote for them are the working class of type they gratuitously and maliciously smear. The contempt they have for voters is shocking just like their complete and utter lack of awareness and common sense.

This in a nutshell. I’m not opposed to independence at all but there’s no way in holy hell I would vote Plaid.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Independence march merthyr on 17:48 - Sep 13 with 1001 viewsSwanjaxs

Independence march merthyr on 17:35 - Sep 13 by Kilkennyjack

Not sure you are really grasping this thread ... 🤷‍♂️

Get off your knees and get into the Indy bus. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇪🇺
10 years max, the young want Indywales.

Looks like the youngsters want a united Ireland too ... times are a changing 🤔
Poll finds a majority in Northern Ireland want a united Ireland

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/politics/northern-ireland-poll-brexit-reunifi

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Independence march merthyr on 17:57 - Sep 13 with 989 viewsWingstandwood

Independence march merthyr on 17:41 - Sep 13 by Highjack

This in a nutshell. I’m not opposed to independence at all but there’s no way in holy hell I would vote Plaid.

What I think what a lot of these Independence supporters want is Welsh independence and be governed by a nationalist party like Plaid Cymru. How the f#ck is that going to happen when Plaid Cymru is a minority party that polls only a fraction of the votes. Labour get in and its back to square one and what was the point of it all?

Welsh Labour will have to be banned from standing for an independent parliament for a party like Plaid Cymru to have any chance of winning. And there would be no way whatsoever (theoretical) all those redundant Westminster Labour M.P's would NOT stand for election, so banning them standing would be the only option.

But like minded Plaid Cymru types would not do that surely, after all they're all up in arms and outraged about the Westminster coup?

Argus!

Independence march merthyr on 18:46 - Sep 13 with 963 viewsKilkennyjack

Independence march merthyr on 17:57 - Sep 13 by Wingstandwood

What I think what a lot of these Independence supporters want is Welsh independence and be governed by a nationalist party like Plaid Cymru. How the f#ck is that going to happen when Plaid Cymru is a minority party that polls only a fraction of the votes. Labour get in and its back to square one and what was the point of it all?

Welsh Labour will have to be banned from standing for an independent parliament for a party like Plaid Cymru to have any chance of winning. And there would be no way whatsoever (theoretical) all those redundant Westminster Labour M.P's would NOT stand for election, so banning them standing would be the only option.

But like minded Plaid Cymru types would not do that surely, after all they're all up in arms and outraged about the Westminster coup?

Banning democracy is an English Tory Westminster thing.

Indy Wales will be a modern progressive inclusive democracy like all the others in western europe.

The last Welsh Assembly poll had Plaid top, not Labour.
So not the small party you seem to think.
You know, like its now the biggest party in wales.

Here are the findings for the constituency ballot (with changes from the May Barometer poll once again in brackets):

Plaid Cymru: 24% (no change)

Labour: 21% (-4)

Conservatives: 19% (+2)

Brexit Party: 19% (+2)

Liberal Democrats: 12% (+3)

Greens: 4% (-1)

Others: 2% (-1)

These are again figures of historic proportions. This is the first Welsh poll ever to show Plaid Cymru in the lead for the Assembly constituency vote, while Labour support is again at an unprecedented low

Plaid got more votes than labour in wales in the latest European elections as well.

Independence march merthyr on 18:59 - Sep 13 with 955 viewsunion_jack

Independence march merthyr on 17:32 - Sep 13 by Kilkennyjack

Great post.

The Indy bus is well and truly on its way, Boris sure to screw up Brexit which will drive even more welsh people to YesCymru.

What you’re not understanding Killy, and I respect you and your views as I’ve said before, is that there are probably not many more in Wales who support independence as at any point in the past.

Brexit however has given licence to those in your camp to say the union is at breaking point. Add that to the more genuine threat (that’s what I call it of course) of Scotland going independent if / when there’s another referendum, then this is why these marches have taken place. And be honest, these are not massive in number and contain very few converts I’d wager.

It’s a non-starter in Wales. If there is an Indyref2 in Scotland, that’s by no means a given, and ‘No’ wins again, I hope the whole thing will be put to bed for a generation at least. As it should have after the last one but as we know, something else has happened politically since then!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Independence march merthyr on 19:10 - Sep 13 with 939 viewsjacks777

The U.K. national debt is around £1.7 trillion. An independent Wales would have to pay towards the £1.7 trillion......
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024