Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Independence march merthyr 08:15 - Sep 8 with 27750 viewsCwmafanJack

Did anyone make the trip? Great speakers eddie butler and neville southall. Thousands in attendance with thousands more not being able to make it as trains where full coming from cardiff. Also busts the myth that theres no support for independence in the south. Well done all. Annibyniaeth 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Independence march merthyr on 16:00 - Sep 20 with 1903 viewsCatullus

Independence march merthyr on 21:43 - Sep 18 by ladyjack

Its an Aussie tabloid journalist who writes for the right wing rag from News Corp stable which was Murdoch's lot.
NZ Herald is on the right and apparently they print material from our Daily Telegraph and the Independent.
If you don't want to recognise multiple award winners like Fisk, Pilger and Price [in his field] but give credence to lowly right wing tabloid journalists then you are the one that is guilty of advocating a biased position.

That's exactly the point and you reinforce it superbly. You discount a "right wing rag" from another country and then slate me for not taking left wing journos as gospel, it is inate bias and we all have it. We all make the evidence fit our own beliefs. It's not as if there aren't right wing award winning jurnos.
Take Peter Hitchens, winner of the Orwell prize amongst others, so he's obviously won an award but should I take his word for it just because he won that award?
Look at both left and right, try to find the truth in it and make your mind up. However, don't ever expect me to believe a left wing jounalist just because he/she is an award winner.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Independence march merthyr on 20:18 - Sep 20 with 1864 viewsladyjack

Independence march merthyr on 21:57 - Sep 19 by Catullus

Show me where I said anything like that. I said Wales gets more per head than most of England, we get 8% more per head in NHS spending which is roughly £64 per head, or was.

How does that equate to what you said?

Do you think poorer areas should not get anymore money than richer areas ?
Independence march merthyr on 20:27 - Sep 20 with 1860 viewsladyjack

Independence march merthyr on 16:00 - Sep 20 by Catullus

That's exactly the point and you reinforce it superbly. You discount a "right wing rag" from another country and then slate me for not taking left wing journos as gospel, it is inate bias and we all have it. We all make the evidence fit our own beliefs. It's not as if there aren't right wing award winning jurnos.
Take Peter Hitchens, winner of the Orwell prize amongst others, so he's obviously won an award but should I take his word for it just because he won that award?
Look at both left and right, try to find the truth in it and make your mind up. However, don't ever expect me to believe a left wing jounalist just because he/she is an award winner.

You are the one discounting people not me, i have heard it said that Robert Frisk has apparently never voted.
I always weigh up both sides of the argument that is why I will watch RT if the West claims it has a problem with Russia etc and then seek out a neutral third party.
For example I am well versed in Thatcher and Foots different policies, i like to walk a mile in someone else’s shoes before coming to any conclusions, I don't look at just one side of the argument but it seems to me like you do.
Independence march merthyr on 23:27 - Sep 22 with 1786 viewsKilkennyjack

❤️ eddie butler, what a guy ?

Beware of the Risen People

Independence march merthyr on 23:40 - Sep 22 with 1773 viewsLohengrin

”For example I am well versed in Thatcher and Foots different policies.”

Really? The floor’s yours...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Independence march merthyr on 07:59 - Sep 23 with 1715 viewsladyjack

Those Oxford uni profs are a bit slow off the mark, it was obvious straight after the vote.
[Post edited 23 Sep 2019 8:03]
Independence march merthyr on 09:47 - Sep 24 with 1656 viewsjohnlangy

Independence march merthyr on 10:16 - Sep 20 by Highjack

Is there a possibility that graph is skewed by the fact north wales and Scotland are amongst the coldest and most rural places in the country and therefore will spend more on energy anyway?

I imagine he means the it costs more there per kwh or whatever.
Independence march merthyr on 13:46 - Sep 24 with 1621 viewsladyjack

Liz speaks on independence.
Login to get fewer ads

Independence march merthyr on 19:04 - Sep 27 with 1536 viewsladyjack

Independence march merthyr on 19:13 - Sep 27 with 1529 viewsladyjack

Well well, I have heard plenty said about Carwyn Jones been indie curious etc etc, but I've missed the Drakeford thing until now, well well well, are Welsh Labour about to turn indie ???
Independence march merthyr on 19:22 - Sep 27 with 1513 viewsladyjack

Independence march merthyr on 19:23 - Sep 27 with 1512 viewsLeonWasGod

Independence march merthyr on 19:04 - Sep 27 by ladyjack

Nice one Trampie, you've gone mainstream. I'm skeptical about the chances of the Indi movement gaining any serious traction, but maybe that's not such a long shot after all.
Independence march merthyr on 19:35 - Sep 27 with 1501 viewsladyjack

The problem for people in Wales that strongly identify as Welsh and for people in Wales that identify themselves as being on the left, is the huge immigrant vote and the huge Anglicised vote of those influenced by things the other side of the Dyke, its a problem for supporters of the home team and home values, how to overcome it is a big issue.
Nothing changed for decades, with the Welsh somehow having to get what was known in the 3 Wales model as Welsh Wales [Swansea and the Valleys] on board, but there has been some successes in recent years and if Labour in Wales change sides then who knows what the future might hold if the cards fall right.
Independence march merthyr on 19:42 - Sep 27 with 1493 viewsladyjack

Independence march merthyr on 19:23 - Sep 27 by LeonWasGod

Nice one Trampie, you've gone mainstream. I'm skeptical about the chances of the Indi movement gaining any serious traction, but maybe that's not such a long shot after all.

I don't know Leon, I do try to look inside as well as outside the box, lol.
I think the same as you Leon i'm also sceptical about the chances of the Indi movement gaining any serious traction, but like you say maybe it's not such a long shot after all.
Independence march merthyr on 19:06 - Sep 28 with 1415 viewsladyjack

The Guardian now on the case with a well written piece, making lots of interesting and salient points, Labour voters in Wales turning to independence that could be a game changer.
Independence march merthyr on 19:20 - Sep 28 with 1405 viewsbluey_the_blue

Independence march merthyr on 19:06 - Sep 28 by ladyjack

The Guardian now on the case with a well written piece, making lots of interesting and salient points, Labour voters in Wales turning to independence that could be a game changer.

If Labour voters turn to pro-independence parties, Trampie, then Labour will be toast in parliament.

Wales will of course elect fvcwits, as usual, meaning Wales gets mismanaged whilst Tories win election after election in England.

Corbyn and Milne will be haivng a word with Drakeford.
Independence march merthyr on 19:24 - Sep 28 with 1399 viewsKilkennyjack

Independence march merthyr on 19:06 - Sep 28 by ladyjack

100 per cent.

Decisions about Wales should be taken in Wales by Welsh people. Its not hard. Its normal.

Beware of the Risen People

Independence march merthyr on 19:37 - Sep 28 with 1387 viewsladyjack

Independence march merthyr on 19:20 - Sep 28 by bluey_the_blue

If Labour voters turn to pro-independence parties, Trampie, then Labour will be toast in parliament.

Wales will of course elect fvcwits, as usual, meaning Wales gets mismanaged whilst Tories win election after election in England.

Corbyn and Milne will be haivng a word with Drakeford.

The thrust of the observations are Labour voters are becoming more and more pro Welsh independence as in Labour for Welsh independence groups, Drakeford's unionism is not 'unconditional', Welsh Labour leadership talking about independence, first Carwyn now Drakeford, there is a sense of things changing.
Independence march merthyr on 20:06 - Sep 28 with 1366 viewsbluey_the_blue

Independence march merthyr on 19:37 - Sep 28 by ladyjack

The thrust of the observations are Labour voters are becoming more and more pro Welsh independence as in Labour for Welsh independence groups, Drakeford's unionism is not 'unconditional', Welsh Labour leadership talking about independence, first Carwyn now Drakeford, there is a sense of things changing.

And again, Trampie, that fvcks over Labours chances in parliament adversely.

Corbyn and Milne will not be happy, Drakeford will be sent to the gulag....
Independence march merthyr on 20:13 - Sep 28 with 1360 viewsladyjack

Independence march merthyr on 20:06 - Sep 28 by bluey_the_blue

And again, Trampie, that fvcks over Labours chances in parliament adversely.

Corbyn and Milne will not be happy, Drakeford will be sent to the gulag....

Welsh Labour voters are not all suddenly going to vote Plaid and as regards Westminster, Labour voters are still in the main going to vote Labour, its just if there was an independence referendum more and more ordinary Labour voters would vote 'yes' to Welsh independence.
Independence march merthyr on 09:44 - Sep 29 with 1300 viewsjohnlangy

I know you all watch Newsnight every single night ( ) but just for those few of you who don't, there was a section of Friday's programme called 'The State Of the Union' (or similar). It's a four parter. Sotland was the Friday one.

Also, talking about the very large percentage of English people living in Wales and how that may adversely affect the pro indy argument, there is now a English Welsh For Indy group. So all you English posters on this forum, join up.

You know it makes sense .
Independence march merthyr on 09:49 - Sep 29 with 1296 viewsbluey_the_blue

Independence march merthyr on 20:13 - Sep 28 by ladyjack

Welsh Labour voters are not all suddenly going to vote Plaid and as regards Westminster, Labour voters are still in the main going to vote Labour, its just if there was an independence referendum more and more ordinary Labour voters would vote 'yes' to Welsh independence.

I realise you're thicker than a nuclear bunker wall, trampie, so I'll explain it by typing very slowly, just for you.

Wales votes Labour or Plaid. Few Conservatives. Remove the Welsh seats from Parliament and guess what? Labour lose more seats in HoC than Tories do.

Get independence, Labour will only rarely win an election in England... especially when boundaries re-aligned to match modern demographics - current setup disproportionately favouring Labour.
Independence march merthyr on 09:54 - Sep 29 with 1287 viewsladyjack

Independence march merthyr on 09:49 - Sep 29 by bluey_the_blue

I realise you're thicker than a nuclear bunker wall, trampie, so I'll explain it by typing very slowly, just for you.

Wales votes Labour or Plaid. Few Conservatives. Remove the Welsh seats from Parliament and guess what? Labour lose more seats in HoC than Tories do.

Get independence, Labour will only rarely win an election in England... especially when boundaries re-aligned to match modern demographics - current setup disproportionately favouring Labour.

Labour voters in the main are going to continue to vote Labour, so no difference to the make up of Westminster, the Labour party will not be on the ballot paper for any Welsh independence referendum.
Independence march merthyr on 09:55 - Sep 29 with 1287 viewsexiledclaseboy

Independence march merthyr on 09:49 - Sep 29 by bluey_the_blue

But wales won’t care how England votes post-independence.

Poll: Tory leader

Independence march merthyr on 10:37 - Sep 29 with 1268 viewsbluey_the_blue

Independence march merthyr on 09:55 - Sep 29 by exiledclaseboy

But wales won’t care how England votes post-independence.

Indeed, but Labour sure as hell will.

You think they would want to trigger any independence that would damage their electoral chances?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024