Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Independence march merthyr 08:15 - Sep 8 with 26759 viewsCwmafanJack

Did anyone make the trip? Great speakers eddie butler and neville southall. Thousands in attendance with thousands more not being able to make it as trains where full coming from cardiff. Also busts the myth that theres no support for independence in the south. Well done all. Annibyniaeth 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Poll: Senedd election ( only few days away ) Voting intentions?

Independence march merthyr on 22:16 - Sep 8 with 1173 viewsEbo

Independence march merthyr on 20:52 - Sep 8 by Brynmill_Jack

You’ll be flying the EU flag if we leave no doubt. Typical small minded “little Waleser “. Hatred of all things English and a massive inferiority complex. Why people don’t instead trumpet what we’ve given to the UK as a whole I’ll never understand. Great Britain is massively influenced by Wales. The fact we don’t appear on some flag is immaterial. There’s hardly many in the modern world who don’t know the Welsh flag.

You are a total f ucking idiot. Every country has the right to self determination. You are just happy to be downtrodden by Westminster and blame it all on the Assembly/EU. That is the big problem in Wales - convincing people just that.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Independence march merthyr on 22:26 - Sep 8 with 1159 viewsKilkennyjack

Independence march merthyr on 22:16 - Sep 8 by Ebo

You are a total f ucking idiot. Every country has the right to self determination. You are just happy to be downtrodden by Westminster and blame it all on the Assembly/EU. That is the big problem in Wales - convincing people just that.

The young people of Wales already believe.
The older generations are on a one way journey.

As Adam said ...

‘In our hearts and in our minds, already free ...’ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Beware of the Risen People

Independence march merthyr on 22:28 - Sep 8 with 1150 viewsKilkennyjack

Independence march merthyr on 21:49 - Sep 8 by raynor94

I'd hardly call opinion polls facts, Plaid have about much chance of being the ruling party, as Cardiff have of winning the Championship

The poll is indeed a fact.

Independence march merthyr on 22:30 - Sep 8 with 1142 viewsDarran

Independence march merthyr on 22:26 - Sep 8 by Kilkennyjack

The young people of Wales already believe.
The older generations are on a one way journey.

As Adam said ...

‘In our hearts and in our minds, already free ...’ 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Seriously though Kilk I’m easy either way but if we’re going all out for Independence you’ve got to want the Swans out of the English leagues otherwise it’s a bit silly really.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Independence march merthyr on 22:41 - Sep 8 with 1128 viewsKilkennyjack

Independence march merthyr on 21:43 - Sep 8 by Brynmill_Jack

And the Brexit party lol? You do seem to ignore the fact that Wales voted overwhelmingly for Brexit. And crow about the number of Welsh speakers in Llanelli actually falling by half!
Blind optimism doesn’t even come close!
[Post edited 8 Sep 2019 21:44]

Its a cut and paste, of course, but the Brexit mob and Ukip mob will be lower percentages.

Listen .....the 2016 Referendum in Wales had Leave as 854,572 votes.
The latest Euro election in wales saw the Brexit Party only recorded at just 271,404.

Looks like 500,000 have changed their minds....?
Thats democracy for you.

Feck this Tory Brexit.

Independence march merthyr on 22:41 - Sep 8 with 1127 viewsCatullus

Independence march merthyr on 14:24 - Sep 8 by CwmafanJack

Shows how out of touch with reality and how much verbal diarrhea you spout. Wales has as much a right for independence as scotland does, we where forced into this union without a choice and to stop us leaving it would be just as undemocratic. You clearly are massively underestimating the current support for independence whether your in denial or dont want to face facts I have no idea but belive me brexit is only going to end one way with the union ending. If your so happy worshiping the queen and that rag then I suggest you pop over the border when you can live happily ever after with the little englanders. A very old nation is beginning to self belive again and we will very soon have our independence.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2019 14:30]

Wales does have a right to indepedence, if we want it. Seeing as the recent evidence suggests only around 8% back independence it seems the vast majority are happy being in the Union. It's called democracy, you know, what the majority want the majority get.....oh the irony eh!
Now I know it's a technicality but we are legally represented by the Union Jack because when it was designed Wales was considered to already be a part of England. Is that right or fair are valid questions but technically it's true.
Now the EU, I already said this elsewhere but the EU gives Wales a net 250 million every year whereas Westminster gives us a net 8 BILLION every year. Does anyone see the EU making that disparity up?
Why is it undemocratic for Wales to not be allowed to leave a Union that most of us want to be members of yet it's completely fine to be (allegedly) forced to remain in the EU when we voted to leave?
I would absolutely love every Englsih hater on here to have to do a DNA test so we could see just how "Welsh" people are. Everyone knows, or should by now, that there are very few (and possibly none) who are anywhere near pure blood in any country.
Wales and indeed the UK is a country of massively mixed heritage. British people, on average have only about 36% "British DNA" and whilst Welsh is probably the oldest of the UK ethnicities here in Wales we have the highest amount of DNA from Spain and Portugal. The typical DNA make up of a Welsh person is: British (36.15%), Irish (31.99%), Europe West (14.70%), Scandinavia (6.64%), Iberian Peninsula (3.24%), Eastern Europe (1.85%), Italy/Greece (1.50%), European Jewish (1%) so nobody is as Welsh as they think they are! The UK has for centuries been a cultural melting pot so radical nationalism is a wasted belief. For myself, I'm Welsh AND British. I don't hate the English, I haven't met them all so how could I and after all, I know for a fact that my great grandparents came here from Cornwall and somewhere from the deep dark past I have Germanic blood.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Independence march merthyr on 22:42 - Sep 8 with 1126 viewsGroo

Independence march merthyr on 22:30 - Sep 8 by Darran

Seriously though Kilk I’m easy either way but if we’re going all out for Independence you’ve got to want the Swans out of the English leagues otherwise it’s a bit silly really.

So they want Wales to leave the Union and then get the line to, er....... join the Union.

Groo does what Groo does best

Independence march merthyr on 22:44 - Sep 8 with 1125 viewsKilkennyjack

Independence march merthyr on 22:30 - Sep 8 by Darran

Darren, my good friend.

That would be like worrying that Brexit will see Man City et al booted out of the Champions league.

We would just do a deal with the Football League, easiest deal ever. Sunlight uplands. Oh hang on .....

Login to get fewer ads

Independence march merthyr on 22:49 - Sep 8 with 1118 viewsCatullus

Independence march merthyr on 22:44 - Sep 8 by Kilkennyjack

Darren, my good friend.

That would be like worrying that Brexit will see Man City et al booted out of the Champions league.

We would just do a deal with the Football League, easiest deal ever. Sunlight uplands. Oh hang on .....

If not we could qualify for the Champions league ourselves every year then get thrashed by some part time Norwegians. Though there'd be plenty of spare seats to stretch out on.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Independence march merthyr on 22:51 - Sep 8 with 1111 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Independence march merthyr on 22:16 - Sep 8 by Ebo

Ooooooooooh!
The assembly has enriched Cardiff and given everywhere else nothing. You’re advocating being ruled by these utter c*nts???
Do you think a Corbyn government wouldn’t be massively beneficial for Wales then?
The EU has singlehandedly f*cked every poorer country over it has admitted , check out Spain, Italy and Greece.
Wales? Even less consequential and just as likely to be ignored on a more far reaching scale than Westminster could ever aspire to.
Take of those starry blue spectacles and get real.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Independence march merthyr on 22:55 - Sep 8 with 1105 viewsraynor94

Independence march merthyr on 22:28 - Sep 8 by Kilkennyjack

The poll is indeed a fact.

Call it what you like, Plaid have a zero chance of being the ruling party in the assembly

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Independence march merthyr on 22:58 - Sep 8 with 1102 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Independence march merthyr on 22:55 - Sep 8 by raynor94

Call it what you like, Plaid have a zero chance of being the ruling party in the assembly

It’s hardly a bragging matter being ahead of the tories in Wales by only 5 %. If you’re the so called “party of wales” even less so

Independence march merthyr on 23:05 - Sep 8 with 1096 viewsKilkennyjack

Independence march merthyr on 22:58 - Sep 8 by Brynmill_Jack

It’s hardly a bragging matter being ahead of the tories in Wales by only 5 %. If you’re the so called “party of wales” even less so

Plaid are ahead of every party in Wales for Welsh Assembly elections, not just the Little Englander Nasty Party.

Just saying like ...🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

Independence march merthyr on 23:10 - Sep 8 with 1094 viewsYossarian

Independence march merthyr on 12:10 - Sep 8 by londonlisa2001

Whether you believe in independence or not, brexit will result in the full breakup of the union. There is no escaping that. It is a given.

Wales voted to Leave....and generally speaking Nationalists are under the rather childish delusion that ‘independence’ is likelier within the EU. But you have to get in it first....and there’s a queue. The EU has had its fingers burnt during its fetish for ‘enlargement’. Basket cases like Greece demonstrate the reality of a two-tier Europe, which is only going to get a third. So Wales would have to vote for independence and then apply.....by that time the European Project might be thriving...but then again it might not. Good luck to the Jocks....

"Yossarian- the very sight of the name made him shudder.There were so many esses in it. It just had to be subversive" (Catch 22)

Independence march merthyr on 23:10 - Sep 8 with 1094 viewsCatullus

Independence march merthyr on 22:58 - Sep 8 by Brynmill_Jack

Maybe we should try indepedence, then, just like in Wales of old we could go back to fighting amongst ourselves.....oh hang on!
Llywelyn, now there was an good Welshman, he wanted to fight the "English" but other Welsh "nobles" decided they preferred to side with the English king, it has ever been thus in Wales, we prefer to tear each other apart and/or side with a Sais monarch. It was maybe why the English managed to conquer us in the first place, that and Edward Longshanks was a proper nawty b'stard, he didn't fight fair, ask Will Wallace.

Independence march merthyr on 23:14 - Sep 8 with 1088 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Independence march merthyr on 23:10 - Sep 8 by Catullus

Maybe we should try indepedence, then, just like in Wales of old we could go back to fighting amongst ourselves.....oh hang on!
Llywelyn, now there was an good Welshman, he wanted to fight the "English" but other Welsh "nobles" decided they preferred to side with the English king, it has ever been thus in Wales, we prefer to tear each other apart and/or side with a Sais monarch. It was maybe why the English managed to conquer us in the first place, that and Edward Longshanks was a proper nawty b'stard, he didn't fight fair, ask Will Wallace.

The English didn’t conquer us. It was those lovely French Normans......

Independence march merthyr on 23:15 - Sep 8 with 1079 viewsDarran

Independence march merthyr on 22:44 - Sep 8 by Kilkennyjack

Darren, my good friend.

Fair point.

Independence march merthyr on 23:18 - Sep 8 with 1074 viewsDarran

Independence march merthyr on 22:49 - Sep 8 by Catullus

If not we could qualify for the Champions league ourselves every year then get thrashed by some part time Norwegians. Though there'd be plenty of spare seats to stretch out on.

It would be like that FAW Cup with Mark Aizlewood.

Independence march merthyr on 23:20 - Sep 8 with 1069 viewsperchrockjack

Tory Brexit
well Merthyr and Middlesborough voted for it.

Give it up.You re drowning

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Independence march merthyr on 23:25 - Sep 8 with 1070 viewsCatullus

Independence march merthyr on 23:14 - Sep 8 by Brynmill_Jack

It was defoo old Longshanks, him who built all those lovely castles to keep us subjugated. Then he took loads of Welsh archers oop north to fight the Jocks. WE invented the longbow y'know...probably.

Independence march merthyr on 23:25 - Sep 8 with 1069 viewsUxbridge

Independence march merthyr on 18:57 - Sep 8 by Flashberryjack

The gospel according to ............

She's right though. The inevitable consequence of any Brexit acceptable to the extreme views now will mean a hard border in Ireland which will likely mean Northern Ireland leaving. Scotland is already on the brink and, if we remember the independence referendum, No won because Britain was the stable option which kept EU membership guaranteed.

In that scenario, is Wales best suited in a union of England and Wales, outside of Europe? Would England even want it?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Independence march merthyr on 23:49 - Sep 8 with 1049 viewsGroo

Independence march merthyr on 23:25 - Sep 8 by Catullus

It was defoo old Longshanks, him who built all those lovely castles to keep us subjugated. Then he took loads of Welsh archers oop north to fight the Jocks. WE invented the longbow y'know...probably.

Longshanks was a Norman king, was he not?

The Norman line ended with Richard II.

I should add, his first language was Norman French.
[Post edited 8 Sep 2019 23:53]

Groo does what Groo does best

Independence march merthyr on 06:18 - Sep 9 with 990 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Independence march merthyr on 23:25 - Sep 8 by Catullus

Longshanks was a Norman.

Independence march merthyr on 07:11 - Sep 9 with 971 viewsjacks777

Independence march merthyr on 23:14 - Sep 8 by Brynmill_Jack

The Normans were not French. “Norman” means men from the north.
They were Vikings who had settled in that part of France.
They were Germanic just like the Anglo-Saxons.
Independence march merthyr on 09:09 - Sep 9 with 928 viewsCatullus

Independence march merthyr on 07:11 - Sep 9 by jacks777

The Normans were not French. “Norman” means men from the north.
They were Vikings who had settled in that part of France.
They were Germanic just like the Anglo-Saxons.

Heritage, lineage....it doesn't matter! Old Shanks was a Plantagenet King of England, he sent an English army into Wales, the English conquered us.

On a previous post by Ebo, good to see the prevailing attitude of simply insulting someone with a different opinion still going strong.
WelshNats simply miss, or choose to ignore that we have not demanded an indy vote in numbers high enough to suggest we want one. Indy support, roughly 8%, is vastly the minority view.
If enough people want an indy vote we will eventually have one. As for Scotland being mostly indy supporters, well they chose to remain in the UK and until they vote theo other way I will take whatever poll anyone chooses and say it's a possibility but not a fact. After all, the polls mostly said we would choose to remain in the EU. poll results are not a fact, if a poll says we (Wales) want indy, it's not a fact.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024