Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gary Speed 50th Birthday 15:43 - Sep 8 with 1515 viewsjackharris

Still get emotional when I think about this. I was down the Toby Carvery in Gorseinon, we were there for Breakfast before the match v Villa. Jackforever looked up at the screen which was silent and on the Breaking News Ticker Tape...

‘F*ck me Gary Speed is Dead!’ We we’re so shocked it didn’t seem real. We drove to the match and had Talksport on, trying to find out what had happened and if the match was still on. Bobby Gould was at the Liberty and was very emotional. The car was silent. I can not for the life of me remember the match because it was not relevant, except for Shay Given crying in front of us and the crowd singing ‘There is only one Gary Speed!’ A very surreal experience. A very sad day for the football family.

Happy Birthday, wherever you may be Gary!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Gary Speed 50th Birthday on 17:19 - Sep 8 with 1408 viewsbuilthjack

I was in a bookies inn hihgh st. The news came through on the screen. Awful.
The game v Villa should not have been played. Nobody was interested.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gary Speed 50th Birthday on 17:48 - Sep 8 with 1376 viewsGowerjack

Emotional?

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Gary Speed 50th Birthday on 18:05 - Sep 8 with 1356 viewsSwanDownUnder

I was in The Railway, we were playing Villa@
Gary Speed 50th Birthday on 20:01 - Sep 8 with 1249 viewsChief

Game shouldn't have gone ahead. Shay Given in goals for Villa crying, Ashley Williams visibly shaken. No surprise the match finished nil nil not that anyone cared.

Swans fan sang there's only 1 Gary Speed throughout and the Villa fans clapped it every time fair play.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Gary Speed 50th Birthday on 20:43 - Sep 8 with 1179 viewsmarchamjack

Mrs MJs sister called her with the news as we were literally just outside the West Stand going in. You don’t always remember where you were when you get news someone has died, never forget where I was for this news.

As said above, match shouldn’t have gone ahead. Neither team was up for it.

Still never heard the absolute truth of what happened? Never will now I imagine.

Sad sad loss

Oh,..Dave, what's occuring?

Gary Speed 50th Birthday on 22:47 - Sep 8 with 1073 viewsLuther27

Gary Speed 50th Birthday on 20:01 - Sep 8 by Chief

Game shouldn't have gone ahead. Shay Given in goals for Villa crying, Ashley Williams visibly shaken. No surprise the match finished nil nil not that anyone cared.

Swans fan sang there's only 1 Gary Speed throughout and the Villa fans clapped it every time fair play.

Agree. I was walking passed what is now the Jack Army Zone when I heard the news. I'm not an emotional person, and I never knew the guy. But.....RIP Gary Speed.
Gary Speed 50th Birthday on 00:38 - Sep 9 with 1027 viewsDJack

On a cruise ship in the caribbean and got a text from my brother..a little stunned by it.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Gary Speed 50th Birthday on 09:21 - Sep 9 with 916 viewsNotLoyal

Gary Speed 50th Birthday on 17:19 - Sep 8 by builthjack

I was in a bookies inn hihgh st. The news came through on the screen. Awful.
The game v Villa should not have been played. Nobody was interested.

There were a lot of Dutch in town, talking to tenko in the club shop he said it's on. Not saying that was the reason but ...
There was a lot of Dutch in town.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Login to get fewer ads

Gary Speed 50th Birthday on 09:54 - Sep 9 with 876 viewsperchrockjack

And we were in The Alma which went dumb.

Looking up at sky newsflash was a punch in the guts.

Altogether shocking and sick.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gary Speed 50th Birthday on 10:06 - Sep 9 with 872 viewsdameedna

Went to this game and have no recollection. I could probably remember it if someome jogged my memory. I was buying a program early doors and that is the last I recall. Forgot it was Villa. Tragic and makes me wonder about the reasons.
Gary Speed 50th Birthday on 12:24 - Sep 9 with 811 viewsOldjack

On everyone's lips at the time, WHY ? Everything on the pitch was going so well as well

R.I.P

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Gary Speed 50th Birthday on 13:10 - Sep 9 with 770 viewsNeath_Jack

Gary Speed 50th Birthday on 17:48 - Sep 8 by Gowerjack

Emotional?

Mad innit.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Gary Speed 50th Birthday on 17:54 - Sep 9 with 672 viewskarnataka

My mate & I had driven from Somerset for the Villa game and we don't have the radio on on the way to a game as we just catch up and natter like 2 old women. We went to The Globe and walked in thinking it was a bit subdued and went to the bar. While waiting I looked at one of the TV screens and saw the news ticking across the bottom of the screen, was puzzled and thought I'd misread it so waited for it to come round again, twice, before it sank in. Shocked.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024