Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread 01:59 - Sep 10 with 29609 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 13:09]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 20:22 - Sep 14 with 2128 viewslonglostjack

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 20:15 - Sep 14 by TNT

We haven't had a midfield to boss games for years.

Need a really good defensive midfielder to sit alongside Grimes.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 20:24 - Sep 14 with 2117 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 20:20 - Sep 14 by jasper_T

Depends what you mean by boss. We were keeping the ball and barely giving teams a kick in the second half of last season.

Don't know if you're old enough to remember Robbie James, but he would boss a game, Jasp.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 20:47 - Sep 14 with 2024 viewsmahoss

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 20:15 - Sep 14 by TNT

We haven't had a midfield to boss games for years.

The age old problem.
Cooper is all about effort, the more effort, the better the result !
The more quality, the better result........always will be .
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 20:58 - Sep 14 with 1976 viewsLuther27

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:30 - Sep 14 by LeonWasGod

I thought it was Grimes. Agree. He had to take one for the team there, there was no other sensible option.

It was. Right in front of me. He should have taken him down and had the opportunity to do so. Learning curve.
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 21:03 - Sep 14 with 1962 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:34 - Sep 14 by Luther27

I agree. I've read on this site quite a few posts regarding Jay Fulton. He was by a country mile our worse performer today. Took a few bollockings from VDH, but never went looking for space to take a pass. Not sure if he's carrying an injury or what bet never at the races today.

Fulton gave one of his best "hiding from the ball" performances today. I'm afraid I advocated playing him against teams that were likely to bully us in midfield. Unfortunately, the Forest team that bullied us last year have morphed into a very good footballing side. We didn't get bullied, so Fulton was anonymous. How many times did VdH throw up his arms in disgust that there was no-one to play a simple ball to in midfield?
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 21:14]
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 21:09 - Sep 14 with 1949 viewsTNT

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 21:03 - Sep 14 by ploppy

Fulton gave one of his best "hiding from the ball" performances today. I'm afraid I advocated playing him against teams that were likely to bully us in midfield. Unfortunately, the Forest team that bullied us last year have morphed into a very good footballing side. We didn't get bullied, so Fulton was anonymous. How many times did VdH throw up his arms in disgust that there was no-one to play a simple ball to in midfield?

Midfield is, and has been an issue for many a season.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 21:51 - Sep 14 with 1839 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:12 - Sep 14 by jasper_T

I'd have Byers in for Fulton and Naughton for Bidwell, as Potter had it. We struggle to play out with Cooper's preferred lineup, and are frequently left waiting for vdH to punt a 40 yard ball to get any sort of attack started. We've become very easy to nullify.

I'd probably have Dyer over Ayew as well as he's been the only player Roberts can work out any sort of partnership with. Unlucky to get injured as he was playing well before that.

Dyer in for Ayew eh? Do yourself a favour and don’t post on here again.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 01:17 - Sep 15 with 1544 viewsBadlands

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 20:22 - Sep 14 by longlostjack

Need a really good defensive midfielder to sit alongside Grimes.

Is Grimes doing enough to keep his place?
Not for me.
Pressure of captaincy? Was last season a one off?
At this rate Carroll will walk back into the side.

International break did us no favours and Roberts was back to his gobby best - shame his football isn't at the same level as his moaning.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 08:04 - Sep 15 with 1388 viewsowainglyndwr

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 23:43 - Sep 11 by bakajack

Its one of those games that is difficult to call, Forest on their day can turn over anyone. That said however we are more than capable of the same.

I am going to go with 3-1 to the Swans

The player that should of had his second yellow card would of made such a difference at that time we were put pressure on them.
The ref even put his hand into his pocket but them must of realised he had already been booked.
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 09:35 - Sep 15 with 1302 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 01:17 - Sep 15 by Badlands

Not for me.

International break did us no favours and Roberts was back to his gobby best - shame his football isn't at the same level as his moaning.

I'm not quite sure why Cooper allows this when his emphasis is on togetherness and team spirit. He's two games overdue a rest now.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 09:42 - Sep 15 with 1292 viewsperchrockjack

I got cross yesterday. I was really looking forward t the game ..

Still.Nevermind

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 10:16 - Sep 15 with 1249 viewsSwansea93

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 01:17 - Sep 15 by Badlands

Not for me.

When Carroll is fully fit he will be in the team anyway Cooper rates him highly, I expect him to take Fultons place.

Roberts imo has been poor ever since he had a new contract.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 10:42 - Sep 15 with 1211 viewsvetchonian

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 21:03 - Sep 14 by ploppy

Forest were quicker to move the ball and also quicker to break but they were
also very cynical often leaving the foot in. Pulling shirts pushing the ref let them get away with too much.
Forest created more shots on goal than us but our keeper kept them out until we made a simple mistake
We put them under pressure early doors with lots of corners but we couldn’t convert.
They did play good football but also still played dirty and mostly got away with it

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 10:55 - Sep 15 with 1190 viewsGaz_M

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 10:16 - Sep 15 by Swansea93

When Carroll is fully fit he will be in the team anyway Cooper rates him highly, I expect him to take Fultons place.

Roberts imo has been poor ever since he had a new contract.

Not necessarily having spoken to Tom.
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 12:44 - Sep 15 with 1114 viewspencoedjack

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:28 - Sep 14 by jasper_T

Not "work on", no. To actually have some sort of combination down the right, which we were badly lacking today.

Despite what has been said on here Ayew is not "the best player in the division" or anything like it. He can be a good player for us but only as part of a team that plays well together. Personally I'd play him up front of not at all as Guidolin did (and West Ham when they used him iirc), if we're to get the best out of him.

Pablo Hernandez is the best player in the championship

No way would I drop Borja up top with Ayew
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 13:25 - Sep 15 with 1062 viewsSwansea93

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 12:44 - Sep 15 by pencoedjack

Ayew in the no10, drop Grimes into DM Celina into CM and have Routledge & Garrick on the wings.

Woodman
Naughton
VDH
Rodon
Bidwell/John
Grimes
Celina
Routledge
Garrick
Ayew
Borja

And hope Peterson & Kalulu come good in time, Dyer for me slows us down as he doesn't want to take on anymore and more often than not passes it back, Garrick will only get better the more he plays if he can stay fit.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 14:00 - Sep 15 with 1029 viewspencoedjack

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 13:25 - Sep 15 by Swansea93

Ayew in the no10, drop Grimes into DM Celina into CM and have Routledge & Garrick on the wings.

Woodman
Naughton
VDH
Rodon
Bidwell/John
Grimes
Celina
Routledge
Garrick
Ayew
Borja

And hope Peterson & Kalulu come good in time, Dyer for me slows us down as he doesn't want to take on anymore and more often than not passes it back, Garrick will only get better the more he plays if he can stay fit.

Totally agree with what you say about Dyer
The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 14:49 - Sep 15 with 987 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 12:44 - Sep 15 by pencoedjack

34 now not quite the player he was

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 18:22 - Sep 15 with 863 viewsBadlands

To late for yesterday but he should have rested the internationals and concentrating on preparing the players available for this game.
Woodman
Naughton
VDH
Wilmot
Bidwell
Grimes
Fulton
Byers
Routledge
Ayew
Borja

Next game

Woodman
Naughton
VDH
Rodon
Grimes
Carroll
Fulton
Celina
Routledge
Ayew
Borja

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Swansea City vs Nottingham Forest Match Thread on 20:15 - Sep 15 with 783 viewsDJack

It's all Sham's fault as he did not give a 2-0 loss prediction on the thread. FACT!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024