Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
"SIR" Geoffrey Boycott Interview 10:32 - Sep 10 with 4747 viewstheloneranger

😇😂. "I couldn't give a toss"

https://mobile.twitter.com/BBCr4today/status/1171346181005484032
[Post edited 10 Sep 2019 10:35]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

(No subject) on 21:11 - Sep 10 with 835 viewsbluey_the_blue

(No subject) on 21:09 - Sep 10 by Darran

Irrelevant a convicted woman beater has been awarded a knighthood and that’s the issue here.

Well, that's what the issue originally was...
(No subject) on 21:13 - Sep 10 with 824 viewsWingstandwood

(No subject) on 21:04 - Sep 10 by Swanjaxs

Not forgetting paedophiles...

The world of politics, party political donors, sport, entertainment, music and triviality is where you'll find the truly undeserving recipients of many a knighthood.

Argus!

"SIR" Geoffrey Boycott Interview on 21:16 - Sep 10 with 807 viewsbluey_the_blue

I'd abolish the honours system, tbh.

Too much cronyism goes on.
(No subject) on 21:16 - Sep 10 with 807 viewslondonlisa2001

(No subject) on 21:02 - Sep 10 by bluey_the_blue

"Miss Moore was accused of a “deliberate lack of truthfulness” by a judge in a British court, and a consultant forensic psychiatrist quoted in court papers relating to Boycott's case concluded she was “probably a pathological liar” and had “a personality disorder with hysterical and psychopathic features”"

From the Telegraph article back in 2015. Where it's also claimed she'd fallen before.

Now, cricket is a game of finesse when batting but also strength. I'm seen awful damage caused from single punches. That was not the result of twenty full force punches to the face. Not in the slightest. So because she's a woman her claims should never be questioned?

It has nothing to do with her being a woman.

He was found guilty. And it was reviewed by an appeal court who found no reason to allow the appeal.

You are being a completely offensive tw*t. Obviously you are now an expert in facial injuries I see.
(No subject) on 21:22 - Sep 10 with 786 viewsFlashberryjack

(No subject) on 21:16 - Sep 10 by londonlisa2001

He was found guilty. And it was reviewed by an appeal court who found no reason to allow the appeal.

You are being a completely offensive tw*t. Obviously you are now an expert in facial injuries I see.

" the pictures I’ve seen of her aren’t really very consistent with her hitting her head on the floor"

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

(No subject) on 21:25 - Sep 10 with 772 viewsbluey_the_blue

(No subject) on 21:16 - Sep 10 by londonlisa2001

Having suffered a broken nose when I tripped, yeah I kinda know the damage that can cause.

French law is different from British law. Trials conducted differently - no jury, unless I'm wrong seems to be judge acts as arbitrator, so seems more balance of probabilities.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2019 21:28]
(No subject) on 21:31 - Sep 10 with 758 viewsDarran

(No subject) on 21:22 - Sep 10 by Flashberryjack

" the pictures I’ve seen of her aren’t really very consistent with her hitting her head on the floor"

They aren’t consistent with her hitting her head on the floor mind. It would sound more convincing if she’d hit the bridge of her nose on something as she fell.
It happened to me in the steelworks years ago we had to open a door on a tank that had seized shut. We tried everything until in the end we had to get the burner out. As my mate finished burning the last bolt off the door sprung open with the handle hitting me right on the bridge of the nose,I had two of the finest black eyes I’ve ever seen.

Thing is though he’s still convicted. It’s a bit like the Ched Evans furore in a way,he was a convicted rapist and now he isn’t and until Boycott isn’t he is.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

"SIR" Geoffrey Boycott Interview on 21:32 - Sep 10 with 754 viewsDarran

Oh and let’s throw a Phil Taylor in.

Login to get fewer ads

(No subject) on 21:34 - Sep 10 with 746 viewslondonlisa2001

(No subject) on 21:22 - Sep 10 by Flashberryjack

Fair point. But I’m basing my view also on the findings of the court. And the actual pictures.

I’m glad that on this occasion you and others find the balance of probabilities to favour the man. Imagine my surprise.
(No subject) on 21:37 - Sep 10 with 736 viewsSwanjaxs

(No subject) on 21:31 - Sep 10 by Darran

They aren’t consistent with her hitting her head on the floor mind. It would sound more convincing if she’d hit the bridge of her nose on something as she fell.
It happened to me in the steelworks years ago we had to open a door on a tank that had seized shut. We tried everything until in the end we had to get the burner out. As my mate finished burning the last bolt off the door sprung open with the handle hitting me right on the bridge of the nose,I had two of the finest black eyes I’ve ever seen.

Thing is though he’s still convicted. It’s a bit like the Ched Evans furore in a way,he was a convicted rapist and now he isn’t and until Boycott isn’t he is.

I picked a fight with a boxer when i was 18, he broke my nose with one punch and i had two cracking shiners because of it so it does happen 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

(No subject) on 21:41 - Sep 10 with 718 viewsswanforthemoney

(No subject) on 15:47 - Sep 10 by huwrichards57

What an insult to every victim of domestic abuse.

Not that honours mean anything though given how discredited they have become.

Oh and the way he speaks to her in that clip is sexist in itself. How lovely.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2019 15:50]

He addressed the Today presenter like the condescending piece of Yorkshire sh1t that he is.
Old git needs retiring.
He turned ugly at the drop of a hat and there was no excuse for it given that he works in the media. He shows his true colours as one of life's nasty b4st4rds. Sack him from TMS.

I stand in the North Stand

"SIR" Geoffrey Boycott Interview on 21:43 - Sep 10 with 708 viewsDarran

On the conviction side of it mind you’ve got Sir Mick who was convicted on drug charges too.

(No subject) on 21:46 - Sep 10 with 700 viewsexiledclaseboy

(No subject) on 21:41 - Sep 10 by swanforthemoney

He addressed the Today presenter like the condescending piece of Yorkshire sh1t that he is.
Old git needs retiring.
He turned ugly at the drop of a hat and there was no excuse for it given that he works in the media. He shows his true colours as one of life's nasty b4st4rds. Sack him from TMS.

Agree with this. He’s an anachronistic outlier on TMS and his performance on the radio today showed him for what he is. Get rid.

Poll: Tory leader

"SIR" Geoffrey Boycott Interview on 21:49 - Sep 10 with 691 viewsDarran

"SIR" Geoffrey Boycott Interview on 21:43 - Sep 10 by Darran

On the conviction side of it mind you’ve got Sir Mick who was convicted on drug charges too.

And Macca who was thrown in jail and deported from Japan.

(No subject) on 21:50 - Sep 10 with 687 viewsbluey_the_blue

(No subject) on 21:46 - Sep 10 by exiledclaseboy

Agree with this. He’s an anachronistic outlier on TMS and his performance on the radio today showed him for what he is. Get rid.

Think there's a place in punditry for the older head, tbh, but never been impressed by Boycott on TV or radio.
(No subject) on 21:51 - Sep 10 with 682 viewsDarran

(No subject) on 21:46 - Sep 10 by exiledclaseboy

That’s the BBC for you. 👀

(No subject) on 22:01 - Sep 10 with 667 viewsFlashberryjack

(No subject) on 21:34 - Sep 10 by londonlisa2001

Fair point. But I’m basing my view also on the findings of the court. And the actual pictures.

I’m glad that on this occasion you and others find the balance of probabilities to favour the man. Imagine my surprise.

Where did I say anything to suggest that ? Anyway! personally I think if a court has found him guilty...then he's guilty unless proven otherwise.

But many have been found guilty, and later found to be innocent when other evidence has emerged.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

(No subject) on 22:01 - Sep 10 with 667 viewslondonlisa2001

(No subject) on 21:37 - Sep 10 by Swanjaxs

I picked a fight with a boxer when i was 18, he broke my nose with one punch and i had two cracking shiners because of it so it does happen 👍

And did it also result in a huge bump and brushing to the forehead and also the chin and the cheek bone?
(No subject) on 22:08 - Sep 10 with 655 viewsEbo

The surgeon who worked through the night for 12 hours to save lives after the London terror attacks received a lesser honour than Nick Timothy.

Dr Malik Ramadhan, who was in charge of A&E at the Royal London hospital in Whitechapel was awarded an OBE. He was cycling home from the Royal London Hospital after a day at work when he saw police cars rushing to central London. He turned around and cycled back to the hospital.

Nick Timothy helped f uck everything up, and now writes about how it's everyone else's fault.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2019 22:08]

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

(No subject) on 22:33 - Sep 10 with 625 viewsFireboy2

(No subject) on 22:08 - Sep 10 by Ebo

The surgeon who worked through the night for 12 hours to save lives after the London terror attacks received a lesser honour than Nick Timothy.

Dr Malik Ramadhan, who was in charge of A&E at the Royal London hospital in Whitechapel was awarded an OBE. He was cycling home from the Royal London Hospital after a day at work when he saw police cars rushing to central London. He turned around and cycled back to the hospital.

Nick Timothy helped f uck everything up, and now writes about how it's everyone else's fault.

This is one example of why this country is fvcked up.

Oh yes and boycott is an angry yorkshire tvvat, of course he tvvatted his ex.
[Post edited 10 Sep 2019 22:34]
(No subject) on 22:40 - Sep 10 with 616 viewsDarran

(No subject) on 22:08 - Sep 10 by Ebo

There’s not that much between those two medals really though I take your point.

(No subject) on 22:45 - Sep 10 with 612 viewsbuilthjack

(No subject) on 21:37 - Sep 10 by Swanjaxs

You should have picked on a poodle instead

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

(No subject) on 05:53 - Sep 11 with 545 viewssquarebear

(No subject) on 18:58 - Sep 10 by GreatBritton

I don't. Not 'love', not 'petal', not 'darling', not even 'treacle'. I regard these terms as endearments to be used only to those who are dear to me. Oh, alright, maybe 'treacle'.

Me neither. Though when I lived in Yorkshire I'd occasionally overhear blokes calling one another "love". It wasn't as gender-specific a term as I'd imagined it to be; similar to "duck" in Stoke-on-Trent.
"SIR" Geoffrey Boycott Interview on 09:23 - Sep 11 with 499 viewsWarwickHunt

"SIR" Geoffrey Boycott Interview on 20:13 - Sep 10 by dickythorpe

Remember that other twunt Botham ran Boycott out in a Test match. Always putting their country first eh?

Boycott made a racist remark when Viv Richards got a "Sir"
Some great cricketing "Sirs" out there and many aren't English.

Missed this before I posted the story about it.

England needed quick runs for a declaration in match they needed to win - Boycott was batting for his average and Botham was instructed to run him out by the captain (Brearley, I think).

The other story was an England batsman at the other end telling Boycott he’d worked out how to play the spinner. “Correct - don’t tell the others!”.
"SIR" Geoffrey Boycott Interview on 11:20 - Sep 11 with 466 viewsCountyJim

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-england-leeds-49655921/geoffrey-boycott-hits-ba

Well said Geoffrey
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024