Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
JJ Williams 17:47 - Sep 12 with 10859 viewsDdraigGoch

Fantastic rugby player of the 70’s.

Close friend.

Has brain tumour. Being flown from Portugal to Heath for op. at this moment.
JJ Williams on 09:36 - Oct 1 with 1589 viewsjacktar

JJ Williams on 09:15 - Oct 1 by Trundle10

Nantyfyllon originaly

I believe he went to Maesteg Comprehensive School together with another big name at Swansea Harriers, long jumper John Elias. Stars for the Harriers back in those days they were.
I wish him well and a speedy recovery.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

JJ Williams on 15:05 - Oct 1 with 1452 viewsJinxy

JJ Williams on 09:36 - Oct 1 by jacktar

I believe he went to Maesteg Comprehensive School together with another big name at Swansea Harriers, long jumper John Elias. Stars for the Harriers back in those days they were.

He certainly taught there, well Llwynderw (1st - 3rd form lower comp for boys only aaarrrgghhh) anyway, around 1975-ish. Glad to hear things are sounding optimistic.
JJ Williams on 15:12 - Oct 1 with 1445 viewsJoe_bradshaw

JJ Williams on 09:36 - Oct 1 by jacktar

It would have been Maesteg Secondary school back then. Bridgend went comprehensive in 1972.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

JJ Williams on 15:15 - Oct 1 with 1443 viewsjacktar

JJ Williams on 15:05 - Oct 1 by Jinxy

He certainly taught there, well Llwynderw (1st - 3rd form lower comp for boys only aaarrrgghhh) anyway, around 1975-ish. Glad to hear things are sounding optimistic.

Of course rugby was an amateur game back then. Once he'd made a name for himself playing the game he went on to set up his Industrial painting and cleaning company as I recall.

We shouldn't all be tarred with the same brush you know!

JJ Williams on 18:37 - Oct 1 with 1321 viewsJinxy

JJ Williams on 15:15 - Oct 1 by jacktar

Of course rugby was an amateur game back then. Once he'd made a name for himself playing the game he went on to set up his Industrial painting and cleaning company as I recall.

As I said earlier in this thread, he was very encouraging - unlike his brother Peter who, if you weren't rugby through and through, you didn't exist. Football wasn't played competitively at the school (only tolerated in the yard), and tennis was out of bounds for boys. Luckily, cricket was ok.

Christ, I'm making it sound like Tom Brown's schooldays.
JJ Williams on 12:31 - Oct 3 with 1116 viewsLord_Bony

JJ Williams on 18:37 - Oct 1 by Jinxy

As I said earlier in this thread, he was very encouraging - unlike his brother Peter who, if you weren't rugby through and through, you didn't exist. Football wasn't played competitively at the school (only tolerated in the yard), and tennis was out of bounds for boys. Luckily, cricket was ok.

Christ, I'm making it sound like Tom Brown's schooldays.

Yes his brother was a different kettle of fish, much more stricter.
it sounds as if we attended the same school at the same time.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

JJ Williams on 14:05 - Oct 3 with 1066 viewsattila_the_hun

Sad news get well soon JJ

"I'm Free"

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024