Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. 18:24 - Sep 13 with 8452 viewslegoman

.....is Sam Smith on about?" thread.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49688123

Answers on a postcard. Good job this attitude didn't prevail in 1939.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2019 18:27]

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 22:02 - Sep 13 with 1096 viewsHighjack

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 22:00 - Sep 13 by Humpty

Nah. It's sticking it to the PC man.

Did you just presume the PC mans gender?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 22:06 - Sep 13 with 1075 viewsHighjack

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 21:51 - Sep 13 by legoman

Why am I bothered? Because it's self serving claptrap that's why fella.

Fella?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 22:07 - Sep 13 with 1071 viewslegoman

Whoopee! Our first 3 pager on PS!

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 22:11 - Sep 13 with 1057 viewslegoman

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 22:06 - Sep 13 by Highjack

Fella?

Apologies. Non specific gender fluid humanoid biological earth dwelling variable skin toned multi faithed entity. Sorry

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 22:12 - Sep 13 with 1052 viewslondonlisa2001

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 21:46 - Sep 13 by legoman

I respect your always well considered responses and perhaps I could have been clearer. My point was nothing to do with gender preference or sexuality but more about a self serving "look at me" attitude from a so called celebrity.

The reason I think it’s important is not for Sam Smith. A multi millionaire singer is protected from all that is vile in humanity to a large extent. Wealth and fame insulate people.

But there are kids that feel different to everyone else. Kids that feel ‘wrong’. Whether due to the way they look, or their sexuality or because they feel like they’re the wrong gender, or colour, or whatever it may be. Kids with disabilities.

We all know what children are like. And what school can be like for those that are different.

Having someone who is famous or has a high profile for whatever reason say ‘this is who I am and if you don’t like it, stuff you’ can be reassuring to those kids. The suicide rate amongst transgender children is really high. If just a few of them are made to feel better about themselves because someone who’s in the public eye is the same as they are, then I think that’s brilliant.

Everyone only has one life. I just think people making that life harder than it has to be for someone else that does no harm to them whatsoever is just really sad. Most of us don’t understand and can’t understand how difficult it must be for someone that ‘feels wrong’. Imagine if every time you look in the mirror you see someone looking back at you that doesn’t feel like you. At least if you know you’re not alone in that it must make you feel a bit better.
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 22:22 - Sep 13 with 1042 viewslegoman

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 22:12 - Sep 13 by londonlisa2001

The reason I think it’s important is not for Sam Smith. A multi millionaire singer is protected from all that is vile in humanity to a large extent. Wealth and fame insulate people.

But there are kids that feel different to everyone else. Kids that feel ‘wrong’. Whether due to the way they look, or their sexuality or because they feel like they’re the wrong gender, or colour, or whatever it may be. Kids with disabilities.

We all know what children are like. And what school can be like for those that are different.

Having someone who is famous or has a high profile for whatever reason say ‘this is who I am and if you don’t like it, stuff you’ can be reassuring to those kids. The suicide rate amongst transgender children is really high. If just a few of them are made to feel better about themselves because someone who’s in the public eye is the same as they are, then I think that’s brilliant.

Everyone only has one life. I just think people making that life harder than it has to be for someone else that does no harm to them whatsoever is just really sad. Most of us don’t understand and can’t understand how difficult it must be for someone that ‘feels wrong’. Imagine if every time you look in the mirror you see someone looking back at you that doesn’t feel like you. At least if you know you’re not alone in that it must make you feel a bit better.

Excellent riposte, Lisa. You make a perfectly valid point and I'm happy to consider myself truly schooled by the argument you make.

Yet celebrity and social media have much to answer for and I believe the world was a better place without it.

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 22:29 - Sep 13 with 1030 viewsHumpty

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 22:01 - Sep 13 by Darran

Just ask ECB out for a bum Hump is it the flirting is getting boring now.

Calm down mun. He'll speak to you as well you know. He's nice like that.
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 22:31 - Sep 13 with 1024 viewslondonlisa2001

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 22:22 - Sep 13 by legoman

Excellent riposte, Lisa. You make a perfectly valid point and I'm happy to consider myself truly schooled by the argument you make.

Yet celebrity and social media have much to answer for and I believe the world was a better place without it.

I agree with the point about celebrity. It’s ridiculous. I’m forever wondering who the people are that are being talked about. But life moves on, and increasingly I sound like my grandmother!

I’m sensitive about the gender issue because 25 years or so ago I worked with a lovely, lovely man who changed gender immediately after his retirement. (I say he, because that’s what I knew him as).

I felt awful that he spent almost his whole life feeling he couldn’t be himself. It really affected me. It wasn’t anything to do with the reaction he would have had as everyone adored him - he was one of those genuinely kind hearted people. it was because he was so scared. What a bloody waste of his life.
Login to get fewer ads

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 23:38 - Sep 13 with 979 viewsrockinjk

What’s he talking about?
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 04:39 - Sep 14 with 922 viewsTimTtam

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 22:31 - Sep 13 by londonlisa2001

I agree with the point about celebrity. It’s ridiculous. I’m forever wondering who the people are that are being talked about. But life moves on, and increasingly I sound like my grandmother!

I’m sensitive about the gender issue because 25 years or so ago I worked with a lovely, lovely man who changed gender immediately after his retirement. (I say he, because that’s what I knew him as).

I felt awful that he spent almost his whole life feeling he couldn’t be himself. It really affected me. It wasn’t anything to do with the reaction he would have had as everyone adored him - he was one of those genuinely kind hearted people. it was because he was so scared. What a bloody waste of his life.

I had a friend through primary school, and high school to a lesser extent, that everyone thought (correctly) was gay. Turns out after he left the school, we found out he was trans, and was going to transition. So she was actually straight!

I just hope she didn't have a hard time like your co-worker.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 05:50 - Sep 14 with 898 viewswobbly

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 18:49 - Sep 13 by Highjack

Being a schrodigender myself I get this all the time. It is incredibly offensive when people use the incorrect pronoun and the correct pronoun at the same time.

What do you call it when you switch between different gender identities? After all, I recall those golden, halcyon days when you were simply identifying as Proxvir.
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 07:05 - Sep 14 with 881 viewsjackportis

Could he not be called “it” Sorry JP means could they/them be called “it”. This will only confuse people. So Sam Smith is now called They Them.

Jackportis the brand. “A gifted poster”, “planet swans have a real talent on their hands in the name of Jackportis” sky sports 2018. . JP fully supports posters of LBG, mx orientation and ethnic minority groups. Update - now fully supporting the pansexual community.

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 07:33 - Sep 14 with 868 viewsperchrockjack

Some examples of what I mean.Look away now
1.To be honest with you...
2.Quite frankly...
3.Im not racist/sexist/homophobic
4.With (great) respect...

Often followed by sclerotic shyte

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 08:30 - Sep 14 with 845 viewsHighjack

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 05:50 - Sep 14 by wobbly

What do you call it when you switch between different gender identities? After all, I recall those golden, halcyon days when you were simply identifying as Proxvir.

The benefit of being a schrodigender of course is that I can be all of the genders and none at all at the same time.

The on 08:31 - Sep 14 with 845 viewsGowerjack

The on 21:38 - Sep 13 by exiledclaseboy

So if Sam Smith asks to be referred to by the pronouns “them” and “they” instead of “him” and “his” that’s fine isn’t it? Why is everyone up in arms about it?
[Post edited 13 Sep 2019 21:39]

Yep agreed.

Other than I think it would be better to come up with a different pronoun to describe NB folk.

They & them are plural and when used for an individual it looks and sounds wrong.

Some other non gender specific term would be better IMO.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 8:36]

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 08:32 - Sep 14 with 840 viewsGowerjack

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 21:40 - Sep 13 by WarwickHunt

Ungrammatical. Them can fûck off.

As I was saying...

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 08:38 - Sep 14 with 835 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 19:57 - Sep 13 by Darran

Great post Lisa the bloke is utter scum and I’m staggered Phil let him back, make sure you don’t upset Gary by speaking the truth though.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 08:41 - Sep 14 with 833 viewsBrynmill_Jack

In short - Sam Smith whose musical career is stuttering needs more attention

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The on 08:47 - Sep 14 with 824 viewsHighjack

The on 08:31 - Sep 14 by Gowerjack

Yep agreed.

Other than I think it would be better to come up with a different pronoun to describe NB folk.

They & them are plural and when used for an individual it looks and sounds wrong.

Some other non gender specific term would be better IMO.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 8:36]

It’s not always plural. For example if someone takes a shit outside your house overnight and you don’t know if it was a man or a woman you’d say “they’re a dirty bastard” and “they probably need to eat more fibre”.

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 08:54 - Sep 14 with 817 viewsHighjack

“If I ever catch hold of them doing it again I’m going to shit in their eyes”

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 09:21 - Sep 14 with 795 viewsperchrockjack

The bottom line is ,of course,that mankind has lost his way.

HE is literally destroying the universe but at the same time,navel gazing as to not offend people in some way.

Think the term is ,to grow a pair.

Nobody has commented on perch's quite pertinent questioning of God's name or should it be in the name of God or maybe those who defend the rights of Islam have missed this slipping through the net.

The on 09:22 - Sep 14 with 796 viewsWarwickHunt

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 08:41 - Sep 14 by Brynmill_Jack

In short - Sam Smith whose musical career is stuttering needs more attention

Any suggestions for another song he could rip off?

Edit: Perhaps “Brown Eyed They” by Van Morrison who used to be in Them.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 9:34]
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 09:23 - Sep 14 with 790 viewsperchrockjack

Wasn't he on Oportunity Knocks,Guv?

The on 09:29 - Sep 14 with 786 viewsHighjack

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 09:21 - Sep 14 by perchrockjack

The bottom line is ,of course,that mankind has lost his way.

HE is literally destroying the universe but at the same time,navel gazing as to not offend people in some way.

Think the term is ,to grow a pair.

Nobody has commented on perch's quite pertinent questioning of God's name or should it be in the name of God or maybe those who defend the rights of Islam have missed this slipping through the net.

God is a fictional character so he can’t be offended. It is never made explicitly clear what gender God considered himself to be but he did of course create man in his own image and is often referred to as “he”.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 9:29]

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 09:31 - Sep 14 with 781 viewsHighjack

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 09:23 - Sep 14 by perchrockjack

Wasn't he on Oportunity Knocks,Guv?

God is everywhere so of course he was on opportunity knocks. He also appeared in Holly City and Big Break.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024