Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. 18:24 - Sep 13 with 8442 viewslegoman

.....is Sam Smith on about?" thread.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49688123

Answers on a postcard. Good job this attitude didn't prevail in 1939.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2019 18:27]

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 09:33 - Sep 14 with 1045 viewsperchrockjack

No. God is a living being who sent his son to live and to be crucified to save us from our sins-and we are ALL sinners- and to bring us everlasting life.

THIS is what we in Wales ,in particular, were raised on.

Billions of adherents live their lives by HIS word.

It is THE most fundamental issue for billions of people NOW.

The fact you or I might not share that view is as of nothing.

Enjoy your day,High

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 09:42 - Sep 14 with 1035 viewsHighjack

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 09:33 - Sep 14 by perchrockjack

No. God is a living being who sent his son to live and to be crucified to save us from our sins-and we are ALL sinners- and to bring us everlasting life.

THIS is what we in Wales ,in particular, were raised on.

Billions of adherents live their lives by HIS word.

It is THE most fundamental issue for billions of people NOW.

The fact you or I might not share that view is as of nothing.

Enjoy your day,High

If he does exist he’s a sick evil bastard for allowing so much misery to flourish and I look forward to looking him in the eye and telling him exactly that before being sent downwards with the whips and chains where I undoubtedly belong.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 09:47 - Sep 14 with 1030 viewsperchrockjack

I could not agree more.

In the Bible, which was hammered into me,God is a loving God but also an angry God as what HE sees.God is also vengeful as is evident in many Books of the Old Testament.

Anyway, Pavlov's dogs are quiet today .Must be out having early morning ablutions.

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 09:58 - Sep 14 with 1020 viewsJango

“I really wanna go and see Sam Smith because I love them”.
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 10:41 - Sep 14 with 978 viewsCatullus

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 20:31 - Sep 13 by legoman

Fcuk me, this post produced responses I wasn't expecting. Frankly I couldn't care less about Sam Smith's orientation or whatever. Just don't go spouting to the world about it!

I don't like vinegar but does anyone else give a stuff?

I'm with you legoman, Sam Smith can be who or whar he wants, it's his choice and absolutely nothing to do with me.
It only becomes something to do with me should I meet a "non binary person" and end up being abused/questioned/accused because they weren't wearing a sign declaring non gender and I use the wrong and/or insulting title.

Therein lays the problem, to most of us we see people and if asked who/where etc, will say that man over there, or that lady, or it's Sir, Madam, Ms, Master etc. Being non binary just gives more cause for arguments.
If I served Smith and said "good morning Sir" is he going to be offended because I tried to be polite?
One day, if this continues, everybody is going to be called "they" and it'll be "good morning person" not sir or madam.
At birth we are assigned a gender, some people (a tiny number) are hermaphrodite or born without either set of genitals, everyone else is definitely man or woman, if they don't like it they can change, that's a seperate argument though. This non binary stuff is beyond me. I doubt I will ever understand.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 10:43 - Sep 14 with 976 viewsGwyn737

A celeb highlighting the cause is a good thing.

If anyone asked me to refer to them with a particular pronoun, or corrected me politely if in their eyes I’d made an incorrect gender presumption then I would respect that without question.

I do have an issue with a generic role out of the terms or the idea that he/she can’t exist.

Only once has it happened to me that someone has got really cross with me when I used ‘she’. Daft this was, it was a woman who identified as a woman who was upset on a hypothetical persons behalf.
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 11:00 - Sep 14 with 964 viewsHighjack

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 10:41 - Sep 14 by Catullus

I'm with you legoman, Sam Smith can be who or whar he wants, it's his choice and absolutely nothing to do with me.
It only becomes something to do with me should I meet a "non binary person" and end up being abused/questioned/accused because they weren't wearing a sign declaring non gender and I use the wrong and/or insulting title.

Therein lays the problem, to most of us we see people and if asked who/where etc, will say that man over there, or that lady, or it's Sir, Madam, Ms, Master etc. Being non binary just gives more cause for arguments.
If I served Smith and said "good morning Sir" is he going to be offended because I tried to be polite?
One day, if this continues, everybody is going to be called "they" and it'll be "good morning person" not sir or madam.
At birth we are assigned a gender, some people (a tiny number) are hermaphrodite or born without either set of genitals, everyone else is definitely man or woman, if they don't like it they can change, that's a seperate argument though. This non binary stuff is beyond me. I doubt I will ever understand.

There should just be male, female, neither or both. That would be acceptable and easily understood and would cover everything. But when you’ve got hundreds of different genders with more being invented on a daily basis it all gets a bit silly.

And where do we stand legally with all this? We’ve already had a situation where a biological male who identified as a woman who was convicted for raping several women ended up locked up in prison with several women who he then proceeded to rape. Or that white woman who identified as black, had artificial skin darkening and became the leader of a civil rights group only to be called a racist and received abuse and death threats when it all came out that she was white.

It’s just all an absolute minefield.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 11:44 - Sep 14 with 946 viewsNeath_Jack

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 10:41 - Sep 14 by Catullus

When were you last abused for calling a non binary person sir? How bad was the abuse?

Or are you getting offended over something that has never happened to you, and in all likelihood never will?

Snowflake.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 12:33 - Sep 14 with 914 viewsHighjack

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 11:44 - Sep 14 by Neath_Jack

When were you last abused for calling a non binary person sir? How bad was the abuse?

Or are you getting offended over something that has never happened to you, and in all likelihood never will?

Snowflake.

Sir?

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 13:59 - Sep 14 with 884 viewsWarwickHunt

“Mush” is non-gender specific.

Sorted.
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 14:08 - Sep 14 with 877 viewsLeonWasGod

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 21:37 - Sep 13 by legoman

In my view yes it does. To much "woe is me" , "it's not my fault" "X - factor get rich and famous with no effort" attitude all really pees me off. Take responsibility; stop fkn whingeing and "person up" ffs (note the gender neutrality there, all you sensitive ones)

Plenty in this country need to get a little more backbone. My God are we going to need it in the coming months.

You could just ignore it. We don’t have to let some nobody wind us up with the help of the media who just want the clicks.

This’ll be forgotten in 10 minutes. He’ll be forgotten in 10 minutes.
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 14:20 - Sep 14 with 866 viewsperchrockjack

You see,my point is that much PC claptrap is disingenuous.
People are nowhere near as offended ;they just act as if they are ,for effect and even in the workplace to save face.

Christianity,ironically, is the last great refuge for hate and abuse ,in fairness.What is said about Christians would not be tolerated if the same commenst were directed at Muslims.Why? Because the Law is as it is ,laughingly called hate crime when ALL is crime and hate is often an integral part of the criminal mind.

There is no chance of this stopping or even decelerating as we have set out our stall.

Garyjack made the point that many millions still see homosexuality /as both an affront and obscene.Its as it is;what many see yet,if they said so in public they risk arrest.

And when did politicans become guardians of what is morally right

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 14:23 - Sep 14 with 865 viewslegoman

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 14:08 - Sep 14 by LeonWasGod

You could just ignore it. We don’t have to let some nobody wind us up with the help of the media who just want the clicks.

This’ll be forgotten in 10 minutes. He’ll be forgotten in 10 minutes.

You're right of course. Stuff this. Swans 3-0!

Pass me a Mythos while I fire up the laptop!

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The on 10:46 - Sep 15 with 778 viewsCatullus

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 11:44 - Sep 14 by Neath_Jack

Snowflake.

I think you are confused, it's not being a snowflake to receive abuse, it's being a snowflake when the slightest thing offends you.
I can handle abuse, my wife is from Cardiff. As far as I know, I don't know any non binary people and that's kind of the point. People can live their lives, be who they want to be and I will treat them with respect until they give me reasons not to.

Edit; Also, I did say it will only become a problem to me SHOULD I MEET etc, which sort of suggests, up until now, it is not a problem.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 10:50]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The on 10:49 - Sep 15 with 775 viewsLohengrin

The on 10:46 - Sep 15 by Catullus

I think you are confused, it's not being a snowflake to receive abuse, it's being a snowflake when the slightest thing offends you.
I can handle abuse, my wife is from Cardiff. As far as I know, I don't know any non binary people and that's kind of the point. People can live their lives, be who they want to be and I will treat them with respect until they give me reasons not to.

Edit; Also, I did say it will only become a problem to me SHOULD I MEET etc, which sort of suggests, up until now, it is not a problem.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 10:50]

”I can handle abuse, my wife is from Cardiff.”

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 12:42 - Sep 15 with 737 viewsperchrockjack

How would this apply with languages,of there re many,that defile objects as masc,fem or neutral.

In ,for example, one wants to thank someone,it really is all about the ending of the word. ie, "o" for male,"a" for female. This IS the lunacy of such drivel.

It is self indulgent crap .

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 14:28 - Sep 15 with 710 viewsBazswan

He can ask to be called what he likes, doesn’t bother me. I would try if I met him one on one, but I can’t imagine ever naturally referring to a single person as “they”.

The problem comes however, when you are forced to use these pronouns by law (like in Canada). It is policing language on new terms not agreed upon by society and not backed at all by science, so while it may seem a request with no repercussions, it can quickly escalate to a stage where it most certainly does.
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 14:52 - Sep 15 with 694 viewsHighjack

I think where I’d fall over with it is with the very welsh thing of calling him “mate” or “butt”.

The on 15:39 - Sep 15 with 676 viewschad

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 19:29 - Sep 13 by londonlisa2001

Absolute bollox.

Just because you think it but can’t admit it doesn’t mean everyone else is the same.

No child is born with prejudice. They are taught prejudice. If that prejudice isn’t taught, or is rejected, they will not be prejudiced. It really is that simple.

No child is born with prejudice. They are taught prejudice. If that prejudice isn’t taught, or is rejected, they will not be prejudiced. It really is that simple

It does indeed sound really simple, however if we agree that
* all children are born
* all adults grew from children
* prejudice does exist
Then your assured pronouncement surely would seem to be a logical fallacy

you present as simple facts
* no child is born with prejudice
* If prejudice isn’t taught they will not be prejudiced

I hope you can see the problem here
Given your logic, then it seems prejudice could not exist because there would be no one to teach it, given according to your assertion, we are neither born with it, nor would ever possess it except by being taught it.
The on 15:45 - Sep 15 with 673 viewslondonlisa2001

The on 15:39 - Sep 15 by chad

No child is born with prejudice. They are taught prejudice. If that prejudice isn’t taught, or is rejected, they will not be prejudiced. It really is that simple

It does indeed sound really simple, however if we agree that
* all children are born
* all adults grew from children
* prejudice does exist
Then your assured pronouncement surely would seem to be a logical fallacy

you present as simple facts
* no child is born with prejudice
* If prejudice isn’t taught they will not be prejudiced

I hope you can see the problem here
Given your logic, then it seems prejudice could not exist because there would be no one to teach it, given according to your assertion, we are neither born with it, nor would ever possess it except by being taught it.

Oh Chad, it really is laughable when you try to be clever to ‘catch me out’.

All that your contortions mean is that at some point, someone has decided to dislike people that are different to themselves. For advantage. It still doesn’t mean a child is born prejudiced.
The on 16:13 - Sep 15 with 649 viewschad

The on 15:45 - Sep 15 by londonlisa2001

Oh Chad, it really is laughable when you try to be clever to ‘catch me out’.

All that your contortions mean is that at some point, someone has decided to dislike people that are different to themselves. For advantage. It still doesn’t mean a child is born prejudiced.

No trying involved Lisa.

Logic is pretty straightforward

But glad you agree by your comment that this makes your statement
prejudice isn’t taught they will not be prejudiced” logically flawed.

So in fact it is not really that simple at all

The propensities a child is born with are another question, you seem to favour the tabula rasa side in this age old psychology debate, but it is far from simple.
The on 16:20 - Sep 15 with 636 viewslondonlisa2001

The on 16:13 - Sep 15 by chad

No trying involved Lisa.

Logic is pretty straightforward

But glad you agree by your comment that this makes your statement
prejudice isn’t taught they will not be prejudiced” logically flawed.

So in fact it is not really that simple at all

The propensities a child is born with are another question, you seem to favour the tabula rasa side in this age old psychology debate, but it is far from simple.

I haven’t agreed anything of the sort.

You really do overstretch to support your positions.
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 16:22 - Sep 15 with 630 viewsbluey_the_blue

I thought pronouns for Sam Smith were :-

"Jesus this alleged music is a bit shit" / plagiarist
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 16:22 - Sep 15 with 630 viewsTimTtam

Children aren't born with prejudice. They learn it either from their parents, or from society. And their parents either learned it from their parents, or from society. And on, and on.

It all stems from what society believes, and things are changing for the better as each day passes.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 16:27 - Sep 15 with 624 viewslondonlisa2001

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 16:22 - Sep 15 by TimTtam

Children aren't born with prejudice. They learn it either from their parents, or from society. And their parents either learned it from their parents, or from society. And on, and on.

It all stems from what society believes, and things are changing for the better as each day passes.

Every rational person understands this.

Chad is simply attempting to catch me out because she has wanted to do so ever since I told her to f*** off for calling me a liar.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024