Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. 18:24 - Sep 13 with 8513 viewslegoman

.....is Sam Smith on about?" thread.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-49688123

Answers on a postcard. Good job this attitude didn't prevail in 1939.
[Post edited 13 Sep 2019 18:27]

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

The on 08:41 - Sep 16 with 1014 viewswaynekerr55

The on 09:22 - Sep 14 by WarwickHunt

Any suggestions for another song he could rip off?

Edit: Perhaps “Brown Eyed They” by Van Morrison who used to be in Them.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 9:34]

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 08:41 - Sep 16 with 1007 viewsperchrockjack

As a species,we are clearly in trouble as we cannot see the wood for the trees.

Changes of this nature will not enhance anyone's life although it may increase their public profile ,which is what many "celebs" etc want.

We have managed for many centuries with the basic grammar we have and yet we seek to change it because some might be ,in some way,offended.

We have bigger challenges and this makes me feel very old.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The on 08:45 - Sep 16 with 1011 viewswaynekerr55

The on 03:22 - Sep 16 by Bazswan

It’s only getting worse too as pronouns are being created by the day and enforced by law.

Ne
Ve
Spivak
Ze and hir
Ze and zir
Xe

The above are now becoming as common as Sam Smiths example of wanting to be called ‘them’ and ‘they’, especially Ze and Zir, Xe.

For example if you wish to say “he likes himself” or “she likes herself” in the traditional sense, using the newly formed pronouns people are adopting we now must (some by law) say:

- Ne likes nemself (Ne)
- Ve likes verself (Ve)
- Ey likes emself (Spivak)
- Ze likes hirself (Ze and Hir)
- Ze likes zirself (Ze and Zir)
- Xe likes xemself (Xe)

As you can see it is truly getting out of hand now that this has been compelled by law. So what starts off as innocent acceptance quickly turns into utter farcical nonsense as there is no cut off point and an infinite amount of pronouns that must be treated just as validly as the one before. It seems like it is creating a breeding ground for pre meditated opportunity to take offence by setting unrealistic expectation that everyone carries out newly formed and almost senseless language.

Hello Officer Crabtree

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 08:47 - Sep 16 with 1000 viewsperchrockjack

This,wayne,would be a BAFTA winning script not that long ago.

It is a sign we have finally lost our marbles (with no offence to anyone wishing to refer to themselves as such)

I am a Glasshouse

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 08:47 - Sep 16 with 998 viewsDarran

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 08:41 - Sep 16 by perchrockjack

As a species,we are clearly in trouble as we cannot see the wood for the trees.

Changes of this nature will not enhance anyone's life although it may increase their public profile ,which is what many "celebs" etc want.

We have managed for many centuries with the basic grammar we have and yet we seek to change it because some might be ,in some way,offended.

We have bigger challenges and this makes me feel very old.

Well you are 70 in January.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 08:52 - Sep 16 with 995 viewsperchrockjack

Got the dog today,wayne.
Much happening down dare

God's green earth looks might fine this morning . Been out early with her (dog) .Wales looks like a shining ,glorious landscape of God's love to us all.

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 09:17 - Sep 16 with 980 viewsCatullus

The point about where prejudice comes from, I'm not so sure we can simply blame parents. We are a sort of modern household. I'm medically retired so became the househusband, my wife works full time.
Our son is 10, he isn't racist or homophobic but he has definitely developed a sexist streak. He didn't get it from us, he complained recently when I put womens football on tv because "it'll never be as good as mens football" he also moans about women drivers. I always point out that he can't even reach the pedals so maybe should hold his mouth until he passes his test. There is more evidence he is definitely tending towards sexism but I won't go on.
It begs the question, where is he learning this from? Is it from a friends parents, from school?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 09:27 - Sep 16 with 969 viewsperchrockjack

Very good post Cat.

I firmly believe people "prefer their own". It is simply in our genetic survival make up.

That does not necessarily infer one has to treat anyone else with outright hatred descrimination or respect.

It is far more offensive to "support" when ,at heart,nothing of the kind is meant and is simply a front.

Login to get fewer ads

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 09:31 - Sep 16 with 967 viewsdickythorpe

What were Hitler's parents like?
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 09:40 - Sep 16 with 957 viewsCatullus

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 09:31 - Sep 16 by dickythorpe

What were Hitler's parents like?

Rotten, they wouldn't even buy him a ball.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 10:13 - Sep 16 with 949 viewswaynekerr55

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 08:52 - Sep 16 by perchrockjack

Got the dog today,wayne.
Much happening down dare

God's green earth looks might fine this morning . Been out early with her (dog) .Wales looks like a shining ,glorious landscape of God's love to us all.

On the countdown to a new job. Strawberries coming through again, I'm looking forward to next years crop!

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 10:17 - Sep 16 with 943 viewsJoe_bradshaw

He had one to be fair and he’d have had another if those beastly Battle of Britain pilots hadn’t stopped him getting to the Albert Hall.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 10:25 - Sep 16 with 924 viewsCatullus

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 10:17 - Sep 16 by Joe_bradshaw

He had one to be fair and he’d have had another if those beastly Battle of Britain pilots hadn’t stopped him getting to the Albert Hall.

He was illegitimate you know, so he really was a b'stard! His father beat him too, for not being a good boy at school. Strange to think he was in a church choir and thought about joining the priesthood. He could have been Pope if he hadn't turned into the antichrist.

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 11:38 - Sep 16 with 895 viewsperchrockjack

waYNE.

Dont' take it.

Wozza is a terrible employer and he is only worried about replacing his Polish Plumbers and his Latvian gardeners.

The on 12:47 - Sep 16 with 881 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Actually Van Morrison used to be in “it”. You’ll thank me one day
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 13:42]

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 12:53 - Sep 16 with 873 viewsperchrockjack

That is very good Bryn and would Gloria prefer now to be Gordon

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 13:58 - Sep 16 with 846 viewsWarwickHunt

The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 11:38 - Sep 16 by perchrockjack

waYNE.

Dont' take it.

Wozza is a terrible employer and he is only worried about replacing his Polish Plumbers and his Latvian gardeners.

Actually, I do have a vacancy in the orangery...
The "I'm sorry, but what on God's green earth. on 14:32 - Sep 16 with 827 viewsperchrockjack

I'll send you my CV with an undraped photo attached.

Do you employ the Welsh?

The on 22:12 - Sep 17 with 749 viewsswan_si

"They/them " by Charles Aznavour.
The on 12:11 - Oct 1 with 656 viewsDarran

They’re lush mind.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B3Dzfu4glHX/?igshid=15kt8doymldvl

The on 12:36 - Oct 1 with 628 viewsLohengrin

Pick the bones out of this...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The on 13:34 - Oct 1 with 591 viewsHighjack

The on 12:36 - Oct 1 by Lohengrin

Why is the gender unspecified person behind they wielding a miniature dildo in such a threatening manner?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The on 15:54 - Oct 1 with 545 viewsDarran

Scum.

The on 16:23 - Oct 1 with 531 viewsSoberBaker

'Look at me! Look at me!'

C*nt!

AMOW

The on 16:56 - Oct 1 with 511 viewsBrynmill_Jack

When being just gay is no longer enough......

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024