Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". 19:26 - Sep 13 with 2176 viewsperchrockjack

Watching on C4 now of the whole scale slaughter of his opponents and mass graves ,why was this man ;this evil marxist megalomanic replaced .

America and Britian ,under Labour too, were keen on regime change.

Zimbabwe is right up there with our greatest scandals

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". on 16:43 - Sep 15 with 499 viewsJoe_bradshaw

We did invade South Zambezia and called it Rhodesia.

No need to do it again.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". on 16:49 - Sep 15 with 488 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". on 20:33 - Sep 13 by perchrockjack

I find it incredible this country wasn't "invaded" and Mugabe dealt with.

Here was a former British country,a wealthy one,given independence under a man who went on to butcher thousands of his opponents .A man who raped ,literally people and farms of wealth and gave the proceeds to his cronies. He was feted under Thatcher .

We were quite happy to invade and replace leaders of countries USA didnt like or Saddam but did zero against Bob.

Our greatest shame ,no doubt

Afghanistan and Iraq, and you want Britain and the usa to invade another country? Ffs.
Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". on 17:13 - Sep 15 with 470 viewsperchrockjack

No Bg.
Read what I post,exactly what is posted.

I posed the question and suggested the opinion that invading it COULD be justified morally,using the priniciple that arch Humanist Clinton used before he authorised invasion of countries in Balkans with a butcher -a proven war criminal i/c.

I forgive you though as you seem a decent sort.

Zimbabwe.A country we should have on 17:19 - Sep 15 with 459 viewsJack_Meoff

Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". on 17:13 - Sep 15 by perchrockjack

No Bg.

I posed the question and suggested the opinion that invading it COULD be justified morally,using the priniciple that arch Humanist Clinton used before he authorised invasion of countries in Balkans with a butcher -a proven war criminal i/c.

Unfortunately perch, humanitarian concerns doesn't feature near the top of the list when it comes to foreign incursions. It's more accurate I'd suggest that they don't make the list at all.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 23:07]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". on 17:24 - Sep 15 with 453 viewsperchrockjack

Fair point and thank you for making it.

Without doubt, we are cursed from our past.
My generation were brought up to basically believe the British Empire was the greatest on earth and Im sure France,Netherlands,Portugal and even the filthy Belgian colonialist thought the same. Consequently, we were mainly racist and sexist too as woman s place was like the German mantra,Kinder,Kucher,Kirche.

Now, we are trying to make good.

The edifices of our "superiority" is all over the place.

It stinks

Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". on 17:29 - Sep 15 with 449 viewsSwanjaxs

Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". on 17:24 - Sep 15 by perchrockjack

Fair point and thank you for making it.

Without doubt, we are cursed from our past.
My generation were brought up to basically believe the British Empire was the greatest on earth and Im sure France,Netherlands,Portugal and even the filthy Belgian colonialist thought the same. Consequently, we were mainly racist and sexist too as woman s place was like the German mantra,Kinder,Kucher,Kirche.

Now, we are trying to make good.

The edifices of our "superiority" is all over the place.

It stinks

And British soldiers and innocent civilians have lost their lives over many years because of it

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". on 17:31 - Sep 15 with 442 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed.

Been reading about the situation in Cyprus in the 50s pre independence and of the Turkish /Greek hiatus. It is still a bitterly divided island and we are much to blame.

Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". on 17:50 - Sep 15 with 426 viewsblaenaugwentjack

Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". on 17:13 - Sep 15 by perchrockjack

No Bg.

Going in, to others countries has in recent times been a disaster no matter what if any morality was intended. We have learnt that the said countries situation becomes even more desperate after invasion and then after the troops are with drawn.
Login to get fewer ads

Zimbabwe.A country we should have on 17:58 - Sep 15 with 413 viewsJack_Meoff

Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". on 17:50 - Sep 15 by blaenaugwentjack

Going in, to others countries has in recent times been a disaster no matter what if any morality was intended. We have learnt that the said countries situation becomes even more desperate after invasion and then after the troops are with drawn.

You're looking at it from a reasoned, humane perspective though mate.

Consider how much the 'War on Terror' (for example) has cost so far. $6 trillion and counting.

https://www.businessinsider.com/the-war-on-terror-has-cost-the-us-nearly-6-trill

Then consider how much profit there is to be made. A racket, in fact, as memorably coined by Major General Smedley Butler.

https://www.ratical.org/ratville/CAH/warisaracket.html

The taxpayer foots the bill and private hands run off with the spoils. And not a single f*ck is given about the misery caused in the meantime. It's evil; absolutely diabolical.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 18:00]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". on 17:59 - Sep 15 with 409 viewsperchrockjack

Agreed BUT I raise the point it is difficult to see a country and hundreds of thousands of people butchered as were the opponents of Bob and as for Milosevic ,basically any muslim or Croat.

We can't all be like Switzerland and be "neutral" whilst at the same time benefiting from war,as they always do.

Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". on 18:00 - Sep 15 with 409 viewscontroversial_jack

Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". on 16:49 - Sep 15 by blaenaugwentjack

Afghanistan and Iraq, and you want Britain and the usa to invade another country? Ffs.

We had our arses kicked too
Zimbabwe.A country we should have "invaded". on 19:48 - Sep 15 with 376 viewsperchrockjack

This has been a good discussion and one that was not derailed.

Thank you ,dear friends.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024