Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
LEARNING EXPERIENCE 16:56 - Sep 14 with 2160 viewsMrSwerve

We have a bloody good side. This league is bloody hard.

We can be top 4 if we work hard. We have the talent.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 17:03 - Sep 14 with 2094 viewsunion_jack

It’s not this result that’s important, it’s the next one.

It’s how we respond.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 17:38 - Sep 14 with 1940 viewsDr_Winston

We are weak in midfield. Teams like Forest will exploit that. Others won't.

Grimes, Fulton and Celina doesn't really work. Need to come up with some other option.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 17:49 - Sep 14 with 1904 viewsclloy2

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 17:38 - Sep 14 by Dr_Winston

Grimes, Fulton and Celina doesn't really work. Need to come up with some other option.

yes agree their team had a good sprinkling of Leroy Fer's all over thr park, and we just couldn't match them physically.
LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 18:10 - Sep 14 with 1848 viewsperchrockjack

Every player was below par.

Good test for Cooper

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 18:24 - Sep 14 with 1801 viewssainthelens

Got no problem with losing today. Key players looked bit jaded, impressed with Forest" defending, we are going to lose games so we need to take it on chin. Ok to lose and still be top, therefore I expect big performance next week.
Any doom mongers on here can fck off.
LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 18:32 - Sep 14 with 1770 viewsperchrockjack

They defended well but our goal was a criminal giveaway .

If Cooper addresses this ,we can move on.

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 18:37 - Sep 14 with 1746 viewsjasper_T

If only one of our recent managers had worked it out...
LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 18:39 - Sep 14 with 1741 viewskrunchykarrot

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 18:10 - Sep 14 by perchrockjack

Every player was below par.

Good test for Cooper

No that's incorrect, Rodon and Woodman did well. The problem was some players were well off the standard expected. Cooper can take some of the blame as well Garrick must be in the squad.
Login to get fewer ads

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 18:46 - Sep 14 with 1718 viewskrunchykarrot

I like the 2 in midfield Grimes and Fulton, the problem today was the out ball the number of times we recycled because of movement was abysmal. Ayew ,Bidwell and Roberts were ineffective. BB tried to get us moving but it was direct balls down the middle which are easy to defend. We need pace to our game and today we were lethargic.
LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 18:48 - Sep 14 with 1707 viewsperchrockjack

Had they played "well" we would not have lost. Woodman could have stopped that and Rodon is centre half.

They stroked the ball in unopposed.

Not well at all

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 18:59 - Sep 14 with 1675 viewskrunchykarrot

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 18:48 - Sep 14 by perchrockjack

Had they played "well" we would not have lost. Woodman could have stopped that and Rodon is centre half.

They stroked the ball in unopposed.

Not well at all

Seriously, Grimes should have taken the red card.
LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 21:37 - Sep 14 with 1510 viewsThrasher6

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 18:24 - Sep 14 by sainthelens

Got no problem with losing today. Key players looked bit jaded, impressed with Forest" defending, we are going to lose games so we need to take it on chin. Ok to lose and still be top, therefore I expect big performance next week.
Any doom mongers on here can fck off.

This.

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 01:47 - Sep 15 with 1405 viewsDJack

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 18:46 - Sep 14 by krunchykarrot

I like the 2 in midfield Grimes and Fulton, the problem today was the out ball the number of times we recycled because of movement was abysmal. Ayew ,Bidwell and Roberts were ineffective. BB tried to get us moving but it was direct balls down the middle which are easy to defend. We need pace to our game and today we were lethargic.

Bollix, Bidwell worked his balls off.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 13:49 - Sep 15 with 1224 viewskrunchykarrot

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 01:47 - Sep 15 by DJack

DJ, im not saying he didn't put the effort in just thought he was limited. In possession he tends to go backwards as he only has one foot. On the overlap yesterday he was to slow and ball beat him on more than 2 occasions. Tried to beat his man and dragged it into touch etc i think he is the best defensive LB we have but is very limited at the moment. But in saying that Ayew was just as bad and didnt do him any favours.
LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 13:59 - Sep 15 with 1186 viewsTimTtam

We were clearly below our best, but were 9 minutes away from still getting a point. That scoreline arguably could've been 4-0 with the great Woodman save, the offside goal, and the crossbar shot in the 1st half. A 1-0 loss to one of the form sides in the league isn't all bad.

We had 64% of possession which is a great sign. Had we been cleaner and made better decisions going forward, we had 1 or 2 goals in us. Like others said, it's how we respond that counts. I honestly think Bristol will beat us, but if we get even a point against them, it gets us back on track.

Sheffield United were automatically promoted, and lost 9 games. Even the good teams are going to lose every now and then.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 14:39 - Sep 15 with 1143 viewsjasper_T

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 13:59 - Sep 15 by TimTtam

We were clearly below our best, but were 9 minutes away from still getting a point. That scoreline arguably could've been 4-0 with the great Woodman save, the offside goal, and the crossbar shot in the 1st half. A 1-0 loss to one of the form sides in the league isn't all bad.

We had 64% of possession which is a great sign. Had we been cleaner and made better decisions going forward, we had 1 or 2 goals in us. Like others said, it's how we respond that counts. I honestly think Bristol will beat us, but if we get even a point against them, it gets us back on track.

Sheffield United were automatically promoted, and lost 9 games. Even the good teams are going to lose every now and then.

"Arguably could've been 4-0" is pretty bad tbf, 64% possession or not.

We've allowed a lot of big chances this season. Not a positive to think that even in defeat we've been fortunate not to concede more goals.
LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 14:40 - Sep 15 with 1141 viewsOptimisticJack

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 13:59 - Sep 15 by TimTtam

We are not far off being a very good side. We have 3 strikers in Borja Ayew and Surridge all good in the air. However we are not getting decent crosses in.
Ayew is better in the 10 role in my opinion .
Bidwell and Roberts crossing was poor yesterday apart from one half decent cross from Bidwell which Ayew made a good attempt with.
We need our full backs to improve their crossing and wingers likewise.
I was impressed with Routledge yesterday. Very intelligent link up play and movement but I wouldnt say crossing is his strength.
Likewise Dyer is not a great crosser of the ball.
To reiterate get decent crosses in particularly to Borja and Ayew and there are goals to be had.
But who will deliver them?
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 14:48]

Optimisticjack

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 15:17 - Sep 15 with 1077 viewsDJack

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 13:49 - Sep 15 by krunchykarrot

DJ, im not saying he didn't put the effort in just thought he was limited. In possession he tends to go backwards as he only has one foot. On the overlap yesterday he was to slow and ball beat him on more than 2 occasions. Tried to beat his man and dragged it into touch etc i think he is the best defensive LB we have but is very limited at the moment. But in saying that Ayew was just as bad and didnt do him any favours.

Oke doke.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 15:46 - Sep 15 with 1033 viewsmonmouth

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 14:40 - Sep 15 by OptimisticJack

We are not far off being a very good side. We have 3 strikers in Borja Ayew and Surridge all good in the air. However we are not getting decent crosses in.
Ayew is better in the 10 role in my opinion .
Bidwell and Roberts crossing was poor yesterday apart from one half decent cross from Bidwell which Ayew made a good attempt with.
We need our full backs to improve their crossing and wingers likewise.
I was impressed with Routledge yesterday. Very intelligent link up play and movement but I wouldnt say crossing is his strength.
Likewise Dyer is not a great crosser of the ball.
To reiterate get decent crosses in particularly to Borja and Ayew and there are goals to be had.
But who will deliver them?
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 14:48]

Ayew is better in the 9 role for me. He adds next to nothing anywhere else. No pace, no distance shot, no real passing weight. Just runs sideways to beat a man. I’m with Jasper on him.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 16:34 - Sep 15 with 969 viewskrunchykarrot

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 15:46 - Sep 15 by monmouth

Ayew is better in the 9 role for me. He adds next to nothing anywhere else. No pace, no distance shot, no real passing weight. Just runs sideways to beat a man. I’m with Jasper on him.

Yeh i agree, what concerns me after yesterday was the fact that we were so lethargic. I thought that Celina looked off the pace although he looked sharper down the flank for 10 mins before being replaced.

Conor needs to concentrate on his game and do the basics well and im surprised Garrick is not in the squad as previously stated.

And as for our captain he should have taken the red card, all players know when its not their day and taken the point.

Stats say that we had 64% possession, im only interested in the scoreboard one because that looked like that advert of old players playing walking football at times yesterday.

I wonder what Cooper will think and act upon after he has watched it back today, he wont be happy Tuesday im sure.
LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 17:09 - Sep 15 with 914 viewsTimTtam

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 16:34 - Sep 15 by krunchykarrot

Yeh i agree, what concerns me after yesterday was the fact that we were so lethargic. I thought that Celina looked off the pace although he looked sharper down the flank for 10 mins before being replaced.

Conor needs to concentrate on his game and do the basics well and im surprised Garrick is not in the squad as previously stated.

And as for our captain he should have taken the red card, all players know when its not their day and taken the point.

Stats say that we had 64% possession, im only interested in the scoreboard one because that looked like that advert of old players playing walking football at times yesterday.

I wonder what Cooper will think and act upon after he has watched it back today, he wont be happy Tuesday im sure.

I think Celina has looked better on the wing this season than in the no.10 position. Wasn't he originally brought in as a wingman anyway? If he switches back, Ayew can play in the centre.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Grimes got a red, wouldn't he have been suspended for 1-2 games? That's Bristol away and Watford away. Personally I'm happier to have him playing the next fixture(s) than getting 1 point.

My name is Matt

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 18:14 - Sep 15 with 827 viewsBadlands

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 01:47 - Sep 15 by DJack

Rubbish ... I lost count of the number of times he filed to retreat after going forward. Routladege had a right go at him for staying in the penalty area and moaning instead of retreating to his position.
An absolute Tabanou of a fullback only playing because he was brought in by Cooper's team.
John was a better option (just) but it's time for the captaincy to go to MVDH or Ayew, Grimes to do left back duty until January and Naughton to play right back until Roberts both grows up and improves.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 19:16 - Sep 15 with 775 viewsmonmouth

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 17:09 - Sep 15 by TimTtam

I think Celina has looked better on the wing this season than in the no.10 position. Wasn't he originally brought in as a wingman anyway? If he switches back, Ayew can play in the centre.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but if Grimes got a red, wouldn't he have been suspended for 1-2 games? That's Bristol away and Watford away. Personally I'm happier to have him playing the next fixture(s) than getting 1 point.

Why would it have been red? That would have been yellow unless he'd been violent. Just needed to do it before any danger developed, but there was no way that was ever a goalscoring opportunity for the Beardy.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 22:22 - Sep 15 with 681 viewsBadlands

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 19:16 - Sep 15 by monmouth

Why would it have been red? That would have been yellow unless he'd been violent. Just needed to do it before any danger developed, but there was no way that was ever a goalscoring opportunity for the Beardy.

Agree.
But Byers' pass set the wheels in motion. That and the team being encouraged to leave have all 10 outfield players in the Forest half knowing their replacements were all able to outpace our defence.
Although we were well off the pace I'm chalking the loss down to Cooper's inexperience.
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 0:28]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 01:21 - Sep 16 with 581 viewsTimTtam

LEARNING EXPERIENCE on 19:16 - Sep 15 by monmouth

I just assumed it would have been a red card, since the post I was replying to mentioned a red. It could've been argued on match day that taking the Forest player down constitutes a professional foul, which in most sports is a red/sin bin.

In the heat of the moment, Grimes may've thought he could keep up with the Forest player, or at least hold him up and allow our defenders to get back. But what's done is done. We deserved to lose the game, and Grimes will play next week.

My name is Matt

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024