Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting comment on Radio Wales 19:09 - Sep 14 with 3302 viewsDarran

Ian Walsh on Call Rob saying he’s furious with the amount of money the American owners have taken out of the club.

Bordering on slander or is it true?

Discuss!
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 19:26]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 19:13 - Sep 14 with 2473 viewsLeonWasGod

How much have they taken out then?
Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 19:14 - Sep 14 with 2456 viewsNeath_Jack

Radio Wales, the font of all knowledge on the inside workings of our club

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 19:27 - Sep 14 with 2393 viewsDarran

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 19:13 - Sep 14 by LeonWasGod

No idea.

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 19:29 - Sep 14 with 2365 viewsSwanjaxs

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 19:13 - Sep 14 by LeonWasGod

They took all of the profit from the half time flyer ... FACT

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 19:30 - Sep 14 with 2370 viewsSirjohnalot

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 19:27 - Sep 14 by Darran

No idea.

Neither does he, but he’s furious anyway
Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 19:47 - Sep 14 with 2283 viewsDarran

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 19:30 - Sep 14 by Sirjohnalot

Neither does he, but he’s furious anyway

Did you hear it John?

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:08 - Sep 14 with 2163 viewsDarran

Listen to it from 26:50 the comments from Ian Walsh are utterly staggering.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0008gzd

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:14 - Sep 14 with 2116 viewsDr_Winston

He's not saying anything different to hundreds of others who've also stated the same opinion. Utterly clueless for sure, but there's plenty who'd agree with him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:18 - Sep 14 with 2077 viewsDarran

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:14 - Sep 14 by Dr_Winston

He's not saying anything different to hundreds of others who've also stated the same opinion. Utterly clueless for sure, but there's plenty who'd agree with him.

I completely agree but it’s still a bizarre thing for a presenter to say live on radio.

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:18 - Sep 14 with 2074 viewsDarran

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:18 - Sep 14 by Darran

I completely agree but it’s still a bizarre thing for a presenter to say live on radio.

Especially if they haven’t.

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:22 - Sep 14 with 2049 viewsSirjohnalot

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 19:47 - Sep 14 by Darran

Did you hear it John?

Nope, sat on my backside, watching TV. Replied with no evidence whatsoever, hoping I’m right : )
Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:25 - Sep 14 with 2021 viewsDarran

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:22 - Sep 14 by Sirjohnalot

Nope, sat on my backside, watching TV. Replied with no evidence whatsoever, hoping I’m right : )

I think you probably are right but what’s your take on him coming out with that on live radio?

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:34 - Sep 14 with 1962 viewsDr_Winston

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:18 - Sep 14 by Darran

It's a fairly normal thing for an ex-pro to say live on radio if you subscribe to the view that most ex-pros are as thick as mince, which I do.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:35 - Sep 14 with 1946 viewsthornabyswan

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:25 - Sep 14 by Darran

I think you probably are right but what’s your take on him coming out with that on live radio?

A stupid thing to say no evidence to back it up.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:50 - Sep 14 with 1855 viewsSirjohnalot

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:25 - Sep 14 by Darran

If he has no evidence, he’s a very silly man indeed. It’s one thing saying something like that about you or I as suing someone is very expensive but when you’re saying that about rich people, it’s a different story.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 20:57]
Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:54 - Sep 14 with 1832 viewsbluey_the_blue

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:50 - Sep 14 by Sirjohnalot

If he has no evidence, he’s a very silly man indeed. It’s one thing saying something like that about you or I as suing someone is very expensive but when you’re saying that about rich people, it’s a different story.

Slander is generally more difficult to prove than libel; bit obvious that since when something is written down the evidence is there in front of you, but if that comment is indeed factually incorrect, saying it live on a radio programme that's archived with an audience of literally tens of people makes him thick as mince.
Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:55 - Sep 14 with 1823 viewsthornabyswan

Oyston Sued a Blackpool fan for less.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:58 - Sep 14 with 1804 viewsDarran

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:54 - Sep 14 by bluey_the_blue

Slander is generally more difficult to prove than libel; bit obvious that since when something is written down the evidence is there in front of you, but if that comment is indeed factually incorrect, saying it live on a radio programme that's archived with an audience of literally tens of people makes him thick as mince.

Indeed.

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:00 - Sep 14 with 1787 viewsDarran

I have to say I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:14 - Sep 14 with 1727 viewsSirjohnalot

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:00 - Sep 14 by Darran

I have to say I couldn’t believe what I was hearing.

Saying it in the pub is one thing, or even on a forum....on the radio ? Oh dear
Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:18 - Sep 14 with 1705 viewsbuilthjack

Perhaps he is right.
We have heard plenty of lies from the Yanks.
The trust will find out when the legal action starts. Hic.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:27 - Sep 14 with 1652 viewsmonmouth

It’s not really libel/slander whatever is it? It’s a totally subjective opinion. He is furious about money they have taken out of the club. Money to pay Pearlman? Money to open a shop in town? Money to buy the ground?

No, I don’t think that’s what he meant neither. But that’s a perfectly valid defence unless he was more specific. It’s also not slanderous or whatever being furious about money they legally take out of the club. He’s not accusing them of dishonesty.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:33 - Sep 14 with 1623 viewsDarran

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:27 - Sep 14 by monmouth

It’s not really libel/slander whatever is it? It’s a totally subjective opinion. He is furious about money they have taken out of the club. Money to pay Pearlman? Money to open a shop in town? Money to buy the ground?

No, I don’t think that’s what he meant neither. But that’s a perfectly valid defence unless he was more specific. It’s also not slanderous or whatever being furious about money they legally take out of the club. He’s not accusing them of dishonesty.

👀

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:40 - Sep 14 with 1601 viewsDr_Winston

It's an accusation rather than an opinion.

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:41 - Sep 14 with 1590 viewsthornabyswan

And that sums up the case for the defence

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024