Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Interesting comment on Radio Wales 19:09 - Sep 14 with 3305 viewsDarran

Ian Walsh on Call Rob saying he’s furious with the amount of money the American owners have taken out of the club.

Bordering on slander or is it true?

Discuss!
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 19:26]

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:54 - Sep 14 with 796 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:50 - Sep 14 by Sirjohnalot

If he has no evidence, he’s a very silly man indeed. It’s one thing saying something like that about you or I as suing someone is very expensive but when you’re saying that about rich people, it’s a different story.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 20:57]

There’s no evidence because it hasn’t happened. Some people like Darraen are f*cking idiots

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:55 - Sep 14 with 794 viewsDr_Winston

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:54 - Sep 14 by Brynmill_Jack

There’s no evidence because it hasn’t happened. Some people like Darraen are f*cking idiots

I may be wrong, but "it hasn't happened", or at least, "it can't be proven" is I believe the point that Prosser is making.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:56 - Sep 14 with 791 viewsmonmouth

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:40 - Sep 14 by Dr_Winston

It's an accusation rather than an opinion.

An accusation of doing something, not specified as anything other than legal, that he disagrees with?

That isn’t slander, is it?

I should say, I couldn’t be arsed to listen to it.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 21:57]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 22:00 - Sep 14 with 773 viewsbluey_the_blue

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:27 - Sep 14 by monmouth

It’s not really libel/slander whatever is it? It’s a totally subjective opinion. He is furious about money they have taken out of the club. Money to pay Pearlman? Money to open a shop in town? Money to buy the ground?

No, I don’t think that’s what he meant neither. But that’s a perfectly valid defence unless he was more specific. It’s also not slanderous or whatever being furious about money they legally take out of the club. He’s not accusing them of dishonesty.

Money to pay Pearlman, a staff member appointed, money spent opening a shop to generate revenue for the club, buying the ground aren'tt "taking money out of the club". Operating costs et al...
Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 22:02 - Sep 14 with 768 viewsDr_Winston

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:56 - Sep 14 by monmouth

An accusation of doing something, not specified as anything other than legal, that he disagrees with?

That isn’t slander, is it?

I should say, I couldn’t be arsed to listen to it.
[Post edited 14 Sep 2019 21:57]

God knows. It's all rather legalese.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 22:03 - Sep 14 with 766 viewsDarran

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 21:55 - Sep 14 by Dr_Winston

I may be wrong, but "it hasn't happened", or at least, "it can't be proven" is I believe the point that Prosser is making.

Thank you my friend spot on as usual.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 22:08 - Sep 14 with 754 viewsmonmouth

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 22:00 - Sep 14 by bluey_the_blue

Money to pay Pearlman, a staff member appointed, money spent opening a shop to generate revenue for the club, buying the ground aren'tt "taking money out of the club". Operating costs et al...

I know, but it’s an argument that could be made if one was threatened with a writ. ‘I meant the playing side....’

I think he was on shaky ground, especially with yanks.......maybe I should listen to it....but unless he’s specifically accused them of anything that would damage their reputation....

Actually, I’m having a rethink. I’ll stop digging

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 22:10 - Sep 14 with 744 viewsDr_Winston

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 22:03 - Sep 14 by Darran

Thank you my friend spot on as usual.

I can't go into as much detail as I'd like without dropping someone in the shit but the idea that millions have been siphoned out of the club is utter nonsense.

We were in a hell of a mess after relegation but aren't now. Not cash rich by any stretch but in no danger of hitting the skids. It's a shame that people can't celebrate that achievement and seek to sow discord by repeating inaccuracies.

Login to get fewer ads

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 22:59 - Sep 14 with 692 viewsbuilthjack

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 22:10 - Sep 14 by Dr_Winston

I can't go into as much detail as I'd like without dropping someone in the shit but the idea that millions have been siphoned out of the club is utter nonsense.

We were in a hell of a mess after relegation but aren't now. Not cash rich by any stretch but in no danger of hitting the skids. It's a shame that people can't celebrate that achievement and seek to sow discord by repeating inaccuracies.

God bless America

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 23:57 - Sep 14 with 622 viewsLuther27

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 22:10 - Sep 14 by Dr_Winston

Fvck me...how many circles can we go around on this subject. As Trust rep, I understand that SM sees the monthly accounts and yays or nays them...so to speak. The Trust, appear to be happy with the arrangement and the financial information it receives.
Go for it.
Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 00:12 - Sep 15 with 617 viewsNotLoyal

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:08 - Sep 14 by Darran

Listen to it from 26:50 the comments from Ian Walsh are utterly staggering.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/m0008gzd

Thing is if they keep on about what by dont have whilst raking in millions, dull heads like Walsh will have a pop. However, he is partly right.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 00:36 - Sep 15 with 605 viewsUxbridge

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 23:57 - Sep 14 by Luther27

Fvck me...how many circles can we go around on this subject. As Trust rep, I understand that SM sees the monthly accounts and yays or nays them...so to speak. The Trust, appear to be happy with the arrangement and the financial information it receives.
Go for it.

Yes and no.

The Trust sees the management accounts, and has said multiple times there's no evidence that the majority owners have taken any funds out.

However, without total clarity on the questions asked last year, which wouldn't be answered without NDAs being signed, we couldn't say with 100% certainty (and then couldn't say anyway). The management accounts do not itemise every expense or transfer.

But yes, there's no evidence and Walsh strikes me as someone who doesn't have the first clue on this issue.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 01:24 - Sep 15 with 580 viewsBadlands

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 20:14 - Sep 14 by Dr_Winston

He's not saying anything different to hundreds of others who've also stated the same opinion. Utterly clueless for sure, but there's plenty who'd agree with him.

Sums up the state of modern Britain in that any fool can make any accusation and without any proof, or irrefutable evidence to the contrary, people will 'agree' with the comment.
If Walsh can show they have taken money out of the club I will apologise profusely for making a complaint about him to the BBC.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 08:49 - Sep 15 with 498 viewsCatullus

Total edit, I know nothing. I haven't sen the books, I don't know how much of any transfer fees agreed that we have actually received, how much taxwas due or how much went on instalments still due on players we bought. I don't know the exact wages bill or other running costs.

Assuming that we have been paid up front every penny of every fee and that it was all profit doesn't work.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2019 8:52]

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 10:50 - Sep 15 with 413 viewsNotLoyal

Interesting comment on Radio Wales on 01:24 - Sep 15 by Badlands

Sums up the state of modern Britain in that any fool can make any accusation and without any proof, or irrefutable evidence to the contrary, people will 'agree' with the comment.
If Walsh can show they have taken money out of the club I will apologise profusely for making a complaint about him to the BBC.

Two way street, your on it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024