Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
We didn't win the battle But more to come 08:37 - Sep 15 with 1713 viewsRichardO

In our effort to play attacking football we lost our shape in the first half and ended up playing 4-2-4 and losing the midfield battle which left our back 4 exposed if you are going to push up high then the ball has to be played early with lots of movement from the players pushed forward. There are complaint about both fullbacks but if the midfield are so far up the pitch that it leaves them little option but the long ball or the back pass, Can you expect Grimes and Fulton to win the midfield battle by themselves, I think not. We got the midfield back when Byers came on but we got caught with a sucker punch, Forest set it up with their substitutions, did Byer try and force the pass getting into trouble, did Grimes let the ball go past him into trouble, did we push forward leaving us exposed, yes but do we want to see us sit back and play for a point at home, I don't want to go back to the style we played in our relegation years.
We didn't win the battle But more to come on 09:49 - Sep 15 with 1619 viewsSmellyplumz

Cooper will learn from yesterday, he doesn't like to lose.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

We didn't win the battle But more to come on 09:51 - Sep 15 with 1612 viewsperchrockjack

Good point .

Roberts ,for me, right now is very poor and he know it.Time for a rest ,I think.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

We didn't win the battle But more to come on 10:03 - Sep 15 with 1583 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Grimes did let the ball run and didn't have a glance to see what was behind him. Having said that VDH watched it unfold in front of him and should have given Grimes a shout to play the ball.

Sometimes we need to accept that we won't win and make sure we don't lose our shape to ensure we don't lose the game.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

We didn't win the battle But more to come on 10:15 - Sep 15 with 1548 viewsBadlands

We didn't win the battle But more to come on 10:03 - Sep 15 by Joe_bradshaw

Grimes did let the ball run and didn't have a glance to see what was behind him. Having said that VDH watched it unfold in front of him and should have given Grimes a shout to play the ball.

Sometimes we need to accept that we won't win and make sure we don't lose our shape to ensure we don't lose the game.

'We got the midfield back when Byers came on ...'
I thought only a mother could be that one eyed!!!
I noted some ridiculous comments along the way yesterday. (not from you)
A good number stating we'll be in League 1 next season.
Ian Walsh alluding and fans saying Cooper will be off because the Americans haven't invested in the club.
The Americans will be off because we're hopeless.
At least it gave the Radio Wales (pundits and 'fans') the opportunity they have been waiting for to rip into poor Swansea City.
We lost a pi$$ poor game to a half decent side who almost mucked up their chance to score and will at worst be second in the league after everyone has completed 7 games.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

We didn't win the battle But more to come on 10:49 - Sep 15 with 1510 viewsRichardO

Badlands didn't mean to sound one eyed, don't think Byers is the best player to put on a Swansea Shirt, he has had good first halves and faded in the second, comes on in second halves and has good impact, we were run ragged at times in the first half, in the second we had more possession than the first but we couldn't open up a stubborn defence, we made mistakes but all teams do.
We didn't win the battle But more to come on 10:53 - Sep 15 with 1498 viewsNotLoyal

We didn't win the battle But more to come on 10:49 - Sep 15 by RichardO

Badlands didn't mean to sound one eyed, don't think Byers is the best player to put on a Swansea Shirt, he has had good first halves and faded in the second, comes on in second halves and has good impact, we were run ragged at times in the first half, in the second we had more possession than the first but we couldn't open up a stubborn defence, we made mistakes but all teams do.

Don't apologise it's your opinion, don't be bullied out of it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

We didn't win the battle But more to come on 10:56 - Sep 15 with 1488 viewsBadlands

We didn't win the battle But more to come on 10:49 - Sep 15 by RichardO

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024