Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Stormtrooper of a new imperium... 12:01 - Sep 15 with 574 viewsLohengrin

Well there we are then...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Stormtrooper of a new imperium... on 10:18 - Sep 16 with 453 viewsCatullus

He's more Darth B'stard than Darth Vader, I mean, who actually believes the EU is empire building and wants to make Europe into a federal superstate? Only the uneducated, ignorant, racist, xenophobic types who wouldn't understand his nuanced words.

Loh, I'm reading "SPQR" by Mary Beard, it seems to me our modern politics isn't so modern. It's all very similar to and another example of what the Romans did for us!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Stormtrooper of a new imperium... on 11:02 - Sep 16 with 434 viewsHighjack

Stormtrooper of a new imperium... on 10:18 - Sep 16 by Catullus

He's more Darth B'stard than Darth Vader, I mean, who actually believes the EU is empire building and wants to make Europe into a federal superstate? Only the uneducated, ignorant, racist, xenophobic types who wouldn't understand his nuanced words.

Loh, I'm reading "SPQR" by Mary Beard, it seems to me our modern politics isn't so modern. It's all very similar to and another example of what the Romans did for us!

He’s Jar Jar Binks.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Stormtrooper of a new imperium... on 11:26 - Sep 16 with 424 viewsLohengrin

Stormtrooper of a new imperium... on 10:18 - Sep 16 by Catullus

She signed a copy of that for me up at Hay some years ago. She’s always great value at lectures and her mastery of the subject really shone through at the Q & A.

I’m midway through Tom Holland’s Dominion at the moment and if you are enjoying SPQR then you’d get a lot out of this too. If you’re interested in ‘Ideas’ this is the Mother Lode!

Stormtrooper of a new imperium... on 11:59 - Sep 16 with 414 viewsBrynmill_Jack

If it’s based on empires best rekindle the best one that ever existed. The British Empire .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Stormtrooper of a new imperium... on 12:04 - Sep 16 with 410 viewsLohengrin

Stormtrooper of a new imperium... on 11:59 - Sep 16 by Brynmill_Jack

If it’s based on empires best rekindle the best one that ever existed. The British Empire .

Stormtrooper of a new imperium... on 12:36 - Sep 16 with 373 viewsJango

Here’s a much better argument for the EU. In students we trust.

Stormtrooper of a new imperium... on 15:57 - Sep 16 with 325 viewsCatullus

Stormtrooper of a new imperium... on 12:36 - Sep 16 by Jango

Here’s a much better argument for the EU. In students we trust.

And yet it's the uneducated and ignorant who voted leave! I wonder if she got any stick for that insightful interview?

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Stormtrooper of a new imperium... on 15:59 - Sep 16 with 324 viewsCatullus

Stormtrooper of a new imperium... on 11:26 - Sep 16 by Lohengrin

She signed a copy of that for me up at Hay some years ago. She’s always great value at lectures and her mastery of the subject really shone through at the Q & A.

I’m midway through Tom Holland’s Dominion at the moment and if you are enjoying SPQR then you’d get a lot out of this too. If you’re interested in ‘Ideas’ this is the Mother Lode!

Thanks Loh, I shall download it and give it a go.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024