Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gareth Thomas has broken down 18:31 - Sep 15 with 4106 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/gareth-thomas-breaks-down-hugs-169
Gareth Thomas has broken down on 19:27 - Sep 16 with 1143 viewsSwanjaxs

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 19:22 - Sep 16 by Neath_Jack

There's another 5 page thread a few posts down.

As the yanks (and some weirdos over here say), you do the math.

Fair... he's got you there Pross 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 19:28 - Sep 16 with 1137 viewsSwanjaxs

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 19:27 - Sep 16 by Swanjaxs

Fair... he's got you there Pross 👍

8 pages now btw 🙈

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 19:29 - Sep 16 with 1143 viewsjack247

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 19:14 - Sep 16 by Neath_Jack

Now 7 pages about someone, that nobody gives a f*ck about

To be fair, Dwight manages that quite regularly.
Gareth Thomas has broken down on 19:31 - Sep 16 with 1133 viewsDarran

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 19:22 - Sep 16 by Neath_Jack

There's another 5 page thread a few posts down.

As the yanks (and some weirdos over here say), you do the math.

Oh I see.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 20:11 - Sep 16 with 1110 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 18:52 - Sep 16 by sherpajacob

Iron man. Little bit more than a triathlon.

For me HIV+ MAN COMPLETES IRONMAN, is a tremendous story in its own right,,irrespective of the fame of the participant.

Just before the rugby World Cup starts too. Even Gatland was obliged to say something about him, I assume from the Welsh training camp in Japan.
I suppose the one thing you won’t hear from Alfie is - “I’d rather not talk about it. Please respect mine and my family’s privacy at this very difficult time...... “

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 20:27 - Sep 16 with 1087 viewslifelong

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 20:11 - Sep 16 by Brynmill_Jack

Just before the rugby World Cup starts too. Even Gatland was obliged to say something about him, I assume from the Welsh training camp in Japan.
I suppose the one thing you won’t hear from Alfie is - “I’d rather not talk about it. Please respect mine and my family’s privacy at this very difficult time...... “

I agree with his.

It’s not as if Thomas is the first Gay man to have this condition, he just seems to want as much publicity as he can possibly get.
Gareth Thomas has broken down on 20:29 - Sep 16 with 1079 viewsperchrockjack

Last post so true.

Thomas actually has the opposite effect to that which he is looking for.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 20:31 - Sep 16 with 1069 viewsSwanjaxs

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 20:27 - Sep 16 by lifelong

I agree with his.

It’s not as if Thomas is the first Gay man to have this condition, he just seems to want as much publicity as he can possibly get.

In a nutshell 👍and he's gona make a fair wedge out of this publicity just before the Rugby World Cup... rightly or wrongly this brings attention to the fact that this awful illness is manageable... so take the positives

Login to get fewer ads

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 20:35 - Sep 16 with 1068 viewsDarran

Thanks to a tabloid.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 20:37 - Sep 16 with 1067 viewsperchrockjack

It was seen as Africa's curse not that long ago.

Many caught it because of stupidity.Fatal mistake.

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 22:17 - Sep 16 with 1028 viewsbuilthjack

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 18:16 - Sep 16 by jackharris

I don’t like him because he is a complete and utter moron. He is not a hero. Being Gay and HIV positive doesn’t make you a hero. He is a head slapping Tw*t who needs to be out of the media spotlight not fully immersed in it. He is as thick as two short planks and slaps his head like a complete cretin. The only time I ever looked up to the man is when he took over the Lions captaincy in New Zealand and he played some really good rugby. The man is an imbecile.

Here here.
I don't wish him ill in any way, but this guy is one of the biggest tossers ever.
Me me me

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 23:18 - Sep 16 with 981 viewssainthelens

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 22:17 - Sep 16 by builthjack

Here here.
I don't wish him ill in any way, but this guy is one of the biggest tossers ever.
Me me me

I dread to think that he'll hijack the limelight should the team get to the semis/final.
Gareth Thomas has broken down on 01:16 - Sep 17 with 955 viewsLeonWasGod

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 20:35 - Sep 16 by Darran

Thanks to a tabloid.

Brilliant achievement mind. I bet not many on here can say they've done as much as him, and I wonder if that's where the bitterness comes from (it can't be on account of him being a 'poofter' like, as I'm sure people on here wouldn't be so shallow. ).
Gareth Thomas has broken down on 05:47 - Sep 17 with 919 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 01:16 - Sep 17 by LeonWasGod

Brilliant achievement mind. I bet not many on here can say they've done as much as him, and I wonder if that's where the bitterness comes from (it can't be on account of him being a 'poofter' like, as I'm sure people on here wouldn't be so shallow. ).

I think the disengagement with Gareth Thomas started when he got Ruddock the sack from his Wales job and the team went from winning the Grand Slam to wooden spoonists the very next year. Then the meltdown when Eddie Butler had him bang to rights and his so called “stroke” did even less to endear him to the Welsh rugby public, the headslapping at the liberty was pathetic - what the f*ck enmity have Ospreys and Cardiff City between them? He’s qualified himself as a proper tw+t - way before he became a professional homosexual.

From then on the pictures of him in the bath with his boyfriend ( because let’s face it that’s what all couples do gay or straight), the constant tv series to keep him in the public eye despite his complete unsuitability due to being as skilled a personality as Mick Fleetwood on the Brit awards just made things even worse. Now he’s got HIV . Gareth to the BBC - “Let’s make a programme to make the public aware eh? “ . Most people have been aware of HIV since the 80’s though Gar.
Idiot.

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 05:51 - Sep 17 with 919 viewsjack247

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 01:16 - Sep 17 by LeonWasGod

It’s a superb achievement.

I’d like to think people on here don’t have an issue with him because of his sexuality or the football team he supports. It’s the fact that he has to be the centre of attention that winds me up. Timing this announcement the day before his iron man and a week before the RWC.

Had he run the iron man, then announced this on a Tuesday a couple of weeks later, it wouldn’t have come across as it did, but he wouldn’t have had as many people fawning over him in Tenby either.
Gareth Thomas has broken down on 06:37 - Sep 17 with 906 viewsjacks777

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 17:33 - Sep 16 by LeonWasGod

I’m not. I’m referring to what he claims happened before with the threats to ‘out’ him. I don’t know him though, so no idea if that’s the truth of it.

That’s typical of you. You actually don’t know what you are talking about.
Gareth Thomas has broken down on 08:50 - Sep 17 with 845 viewsperchrockjack

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 05:51 - Sep 17 by jack247

I’d like to think people on here don’t have an issue with him because of his sexuality or the football team he supports. It’s the fact that he has to be the centre of attention that winds me up. Timing this announcement the day before his iron man and a week before the RWC.

Had he run the iron man, then announced this on a Tuesday a couple of weeks later, it wouldn’t have come across as it did, but he wouldn’t have had as many people fawning over him in Tenby either.

You would be quite wrong 247.

You're making assumptions as to what people believe at heart and what they post on social media.

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 10:00 - Sep 17 with 818 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 05:51 - Sep 17 by jack247

Thanks for saying what I was alluding to in a much more concise manner.

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 11:05 - Sep 17 with 796 viewsjack247

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 08:50 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

You would be quite wrong 247.

You're making assumptions as to what people believe at heart and what they post on social media.

I actually said ‘I would hope’ people don’t judge him on the facts he’s gay or from Cardiff. I honestly think most are above that, not all obviously.

My own personal opinion is it’s almost impossible not to admire what he has done in a sporting capacity. I’d include completing an iron man in that. Captaining Wales and (I think) the Lions is nothing short of phenomenal.

In his position, it took a huge character to publicly come out, even though it had been an open secret for a couple of years.

I’m just not a fan of the way he has conducted himself in relation to his sexuality (and now illness) since that point. There are plenty of homosexual celebrities that don’t need to shout about it.
Gareth Thomas has broken down on 12:45 - Sep 17 with 772 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 11:05 - Sep 17 by jack247

I actually said ‘I would hope’ people don’t judge him on the facts he’s gay or from Cardiff. I honestly think most are above that, not all obviously.

My own personal opinion is it’s almost impossible not to admire what he has done in a sporting capacity. I’d include completing an iron man in that. Captaining Wales and (I think) the Lions is nothing short of phenomenal.

In his position, it took a huge character to publicly come out, even though it had been an open secret for a couple of years.

I’m just not a fan of the way he has conducted himself in relation to his sexuality (and now illness) since that point. There are plenty of homosexual celebrities that don’t need to shout about it.

Yes, Michael Barrymore for one. Oh sorry, bad example......
On a more serious note someone like Colin Jackson is a tremendous bloke who is very down to earth and seemingly happy in his own skin. Alfie probably not so.

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 12:52 - Sep 17 with 756 viewsjack247

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 12:45 - Sep 17 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes, Michael Barrymore for one. Oh sorry, bad example......
On a more serious note someone like Colin Jackson is a tremendous bloke who is very down to earth and seemingly happy in his own skin. Alfie probably not so.

Colin Jackson is a great example.

Came out, vast majority supported him, though I’m sure he had to deal with a few idiots. Then he just quietly got on with his life.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 12:52]
Gareth Thomas has broken down on 13:33 - Sep 17 with 727 viewsTimTtam

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 12:52 - Sep 17 by jack247

Colin Jackson is a great example.

Came out, vast majority supported him, though I’m sure he had to deal with a few idiots. Then he just quietly got on with his life.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 12:52]

I like the way Stephen Fry is with the issue. You rarely ever hear him mention it, then it becomes forgettable. That's how it should be. Mention it every now and then if you have to, but then get on with it.

Maybe I'm just generalising, but I find that some people in minority groups feel like because they're different, they need everyone to know, and they make an effort to make their difference (whether it's being a different race, sexuality etc) the centre of their life. Why does this happen?

I ask, because even though I don't want to, I often make the same mistake, and it's frustrating. Is it something built into my personality that I can't change? Maybe someone like Gareth Thomas is just destined to always be an attention-seeker, and he can't change it.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 13:54 - Sep 17 with 715 viewsoldcob

Is Gareth Thomas gay then? Gosh, he should have mentioned it.
Gareth Thomas has broken down on 19:31 - Sep 19 with 566 viewsNortbankboy

Gareth Thomas has broken down on 13:54 - Sep 17 by oldcob

Is Gareth Thomas gay then? Gosh, he should have mentioned it.

Do people get tested for steroids in these events?
Gareth Thomas has broken down on 05:55 - Sep 20 with 501 viewssainthelens

Probably looking at Graham Norton and thinking " I'll have his fckn job by xmas " .
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024