Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jury Service 13:33 - Sep 16 with 5976 viewsswancity

What a disgraceful waste of public money

Been sitting here for days. Still here doing nothing.

Must be a better way to utilise the resources.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Jury Service on 13:36 - Sep 16 with 3732 viewsperchrockjack

Juries eh?

Don't get me started

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Jury Service on 13:37 - Sep 16 with 3734 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I had three cases in two weeks when I did it a few years ago. Never a dull moment.
Having never been in a courtroom before I found it fascinating. Luck of the draw I guess.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Jury Service on 13:43 - Sep 16 with 3709 viewsraynor94

Jury Service on 13:37 - Sep 16 by Joe_bradshaw

I had three cases in two weeks when I did it a few years ago. Never a dull moment.
Having never been in a courtroom before I found it fascinating. Luck of the draw I guess.

Same here, thought it was brilliant

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Jury Service on 13:44 - Sep 16 with 3704 viewsswancity

One case completed quickly. Knife crime.

Other than that a room full of people sitting around bored shitless. Pathetic.

Jury Service on 13:46 - Sep 16 with 3699 viewsswancity

Jury Service on 13:37 - Sep 16 by Joe_bradshaw

Fascinating it is.

But that doesn't answer the question about employing a better, more cost effective system which doesn't waste people's time either.

Jury Service on 13:48 - Sep 16 with 3695 viewsSwanjaxs

Jury Service on 13:44 - Sep 16 by swancity

One case completed quickly. Knife crime.

Other than that a room full of people sitting around bored shitless. Pathetic.

Why not get a card school going or something? Twister perhaps? An ideal way to make friends 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Jury Service on 13:49 - Sep 16 with 3689 viewscontroversial_jack

I did it many years ago, and it was exactly like the 1957 film 12 angry men. It also brought home how difficult it is to come to a decision of guilty or not guilty.There needs to be solid proof and not just circumstantial or hearsay evidence.
Jury Service on 14:18 - Sep 16 with 3631 viewsWarwickHunt

Was on a huge VAT carousel fraud case years ago where the bloke was obviously as guilty as humanly possible without it being tattooed on his forehead.

Out of the 12 were a snowflake, a thick as mince old fella, a mother of a son with learning difficulties about the same age as the defendant whose defence was he was basically just about intelligent enough to breathe (err I dunno, err don’t remember, I had 12 mobile phones because my kids liked playing wiv ‘em) , a woman who thought “he seemed liked a nice chap” and another was worried he’d go to jail if found guilty.

Took about an hour of explaining that the timeline of events proved he was guilty ( with the aid of a whiteboard and further ‘clarification’ from the judge who’d made it pretty fûcking clear in his summing up).

Custodial sentence...
Login to get fewer ads

Jury Service on 14:26 - Sep 16 with 3617 viewssainthelens

Did it few years back, never met such a thick bunch of cvnts in all my life.
Jury Service on 14:29 - Sep 16 with 3607 viewsSwanjaxs

Jury Service on 14:26 - Sep 16 by sainthelens

Did it few years back, never met such a thick bunch of cvnts in all my life.

Never mind the judge and barrister's, what were your fellow jurors like?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Jury Service on 14:34 - Sep 16 with 3590 viewsperchrockjack

I like that but thick they aint.

Devious,lying,immoral shyithouses maybe.

Jury Service on 19:42 - Sep 16 with 3472 viewsmajorraglan

Jury Service on 13:49 - Sep 16 by controversial_jack

I did it many years ago, and it was exactly like the 1957 film 12 angry men. It also brought home how difficult it is to come to a decision of guilty or not guilty.There needs to be solid proof and not just circumstantial or hearsay evidence.

Classic film.
Jury Service on 19:49 - Sep 16 with 3465 viewsdickythorpe

Giving evidence in court is a weird experience. Seeing that jury look at you is very odd.
Jury Service on 20:40 - Sep 16 with 3416 viewsperchrockjack

Juries/
Juries!.

Wait for my book to come out dicky

Jury Service on 21:55 - Sep 19 with 3072 viewsGiff

Warwick's jury sounds very similar to the jury that I served with. One was more concerned about catching the bus home, so said I'll go with the majority - crazy.
Jury Service on 22:23 - Sep 19 with 3029 viewsSirjohnalot

We don’t deliberately keep juries waiting, I had a five week trial in July, vulnerable witnesses with mental health problems, had to be calmed down before they could give evidence, legal arguments etc. It’s not a disgraceful waste but ensuring the trial runs smoothly.
Jury Service on 22:24 - Sep 19 with 3021 viewsSirjohnalot

Jury Service on 14:34 - Sep 16 by perchrockjack

I like that but thick they aint.

Devious,lying,immoral shyithouses maybe.

Change the record for goodness sake
Jury Service on 22:27 - Sep 19 with 3017 viewsLeonWasGod

Jury Service on 22:23 - Sep 19 by Sirjohnalot

We don’t deliberately keep juries waiting, I had a five week trial in July, vulnerable witnesses with mental health problems, had to be calmed down before they could give evidence, legal arguments etc. It’s not a disgraceful waste but ensuring the trial runs smoothly.

Not a disgraceful waste of money?! You must be new around here
Jury Service on 22:30 - Sep 19 with 3010 viewsGaryjack

Jury Service on 14:18 - Sep 16 by WarwickHunt

Was on a huge VAT carousel fraud case years ago where the bloke was obviously as guilty as humanly possible without it being tattooed on his forehead.

Out of the 12 were a snowflake, a thick as mince old fella, a mother of a son with learning difficulties about the same age as the defendant whose defence was he was basically just about intelligent enough to breathe (err I dunno, err don’t remember, I had 12 mobile phones because my kids liked playing wiv ‘em) , a woman who thought “he seemed liked a nice chap” and another was worried he’d go to jail if found guilty.

Took about an hour of explaining that the timeline of events proved he was guilty ( with the aid of a whiteboard and further ‘clarification’ from the judge who’d made it pretty fûcking clear in his summing up).

Custodial sentence...

There's another side to that coin mind!

"The police must be right"
"Why would it get this far if 'they' weren't guilty"

12 good men?

Though at the end of the day, it all boils down to who has the best barrister. The defence, or the CPS. It's just a game.
Jury Service on 23:01 - Sep 19 with 2947 viewsWarwickHunt

Jury Service on 22:30 - Sep 19 by Garyjack

There's another side to that coin mind!

"The police must be right"
"Why would it get this far if 'they' weren't guilty"

12 good men?

Though at the end of the day, it all boils down to who has the best barrister. The defence, or the CPS. It's just a game.

Sorry, that’s bollox.

This fella had a top silk who had a reputation for “defending the indefensible”.
The CPS wiped the floor with him because the defendant was obviously guilty and the evidence was overwhelming .
Jury Service on 11:02 - Sep 20 with 2828 viewsbazzool

I've never been on it and I'm 40 in a few weeks
Jury Service on 11:10 - Sep 20 with 2822 viewspikeypaul

Jury Service on 22:24 - Sep 19 by Sirjohnalot

Change the record for goodness sake

the truth hurts.

Called up twice,but got out of it the 2nd time,thankfully.

1st time we deliberated for 2 days and i was of the guilty opinion,eventually said feck it lets get out of here,months later the accused recognised me in Swansea and said "I was guilty" I just replied "I know".
But karma struck,hes since killed himself.

[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 11:19]

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Jury Service on 11:28 - Sep 20 with 2804 viewsCountyJim

Never been called up so far but my brother had a fraud case it lasted months it was that big a separate building was hired to hold the case because of the paper work involved!! He said he was totally bored and was way over the jury's heads these sort of cases shouldn't be given to the general public

And my poor Mrs was called up to a child abuse case she managed to get out of it because she was the dinner lady of one of the kids she was much relieved
Jury Service on 12:41 - Sep 20 with 2767 viewsswancity

Jury Service on 22:23 - Sep 19 by Sirjohnalot

I can tell you, having just left Swansea Crown Court that the whole juror system is in need of a revamp and restructuring as there is indeed a disgraceful waste of tax payers money utilising the current system.

Jury Service on 13:58 - Sep 20 with 2709 viewsperchrockjack

Sorry,Woz ,you are quite wrong here.
It IS a game and if jonalot had any moral backbone he would admit such,at least on this site.

Barrister's fees and Court costs are paramount.Justice ,a poor second.

Laws are passed by politicans ,deliberately arcane so that they can discuss what a specific spurious phrase or word acually means.

General public ? Show them a Statute, even Theft Act and ask them a few questions after they have had a read. Everything is up for obfuscation.

Barristers job is to
1. Discredit witnesses
2.Discredit Police Officers
3.Confuse juries
4.Impress Career criminals.

The best solicitors are those who give the Police the hardest time and nothing pleases the criminal more than to see Plod squirm.

Do not insult my intelligence jonalot by suggesting you are some sort of benign angel for the oppressed. You are a necessary but dirty part of what we call the justice system.
You often simply to ensure "reasonable doubt" is emphasised strongly enough so as to see the preening ,snarling piece of shite in the box walk away.

You and your fellow barristers are often seen in a BAR after a Trial chortling about the witnesses/police .

You care not a jot to see evil feckers walking away on a legal technicality or a jury full of fecktards

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024