Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. 14:02 - Sep 16 with 8477 viewsWingstandwood

There is a poignant and moving story in today's South Wales Evening Post about PC Ian George. ........ He was the PC that was stabbed in the head with a dart.

Quote: "When fighting broke out on the North Bank officers came under a hail of golf balls, billiard balls, washers and coins. PC George who lived in Sketty, was in the thick of it when his helmet came off and seconds later he was stabbed in the head with a dart"

Valhalla always welcomes the brave! Protect and serve!
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 14:21]

Argus!

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 14:05 - Sep 16 with 6381 viewsThrasher6

If I remember he was in the West Bank....but could be wrong

Edit: I stand corrected...
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 14:41]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 14:06 - Sep 16 with 6376 viewsWingstandwood

*Edit*, sorry its pages 14 and 15.

Argus!

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 14:07 - Sep 16 with 6359 viewsSwanjaxs

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 14:05 - Sep 16 by Thrasher6

No definitely North Bank, just in front of me

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 14:10 - Sep 16 with 6358 viewsswancity

Terrible waste of golf balls. 😂

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 14:12 - Sep 16 with 6341 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 14:05 - Sep 16 by Thrasher6

North definitely

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 14:16 - Sep 16 with 6340 viewsWingstandwood

It was in The North Bank apparently, I'm sure it was when Port Talbot's CCFC lot infiltrated the North Bank, it was headline news all over the country. PC George underwent an operation and was left in postoperative intensive care.

I was told the guy responsible was one of the CCFC Port Talbot mob, he was arrested, stood trial and later jailed.

Sadly PC George in latter life had to battle pulmonary fibrosis.
Quote: "After two years Ian needed to receive 100% oxygen through a mask, meaning he never took it off. But on March 29th 2017, Ian finally succumbed to his condition....

Argus!

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 14:19 - Sep 16 with 6329 viewsSwanjaxs

50 or so Cardiff thought it a good idea to take the North Bank on and obviously came unstuck, not sure who was responsible for the dart incident though as when it happened there was pretty much a free for all going on. The police eventually managed to herd the scummers into the bottom right hand corner of the North Bank before transferring them in with the rest of the unwashed in the West stand with golf/pool/snooker balls flying back and forth from both sides... mad times indeed
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 14:22]

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 14:50 - Sep 16 with 6251 viewslifelong

I knew Ian very well, a lovely man, sadly passed away two years ago.
Login to get fewer ads

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 15:03 - Sep 16 with 6220 viewsWingstandwood

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 14:50 - Sep 16 by lifelong

I knew Ian very well, a lovely man, sadly passed away two years ago.

He was ex- Counter terrorism also, bravery side, a guy of obvious abilities, no doubt about that whatsoever!

Argus!

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:18 - Oct 11 with 5787 viewsladyjack

Some people are Tommy Peppers, they claim they do stuff when they haven't and then take the wrap for it.

Who knows what's what hey ?
Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:22 - Oct 11 with 5768 viewsladyjack

I'm sorry to hear about the Policeman awful story.
Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:32 - Oct 11 with 5742 viewsWarwickHunt

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:18 - Oct 11 by ladyjack

Some people are Tommy Peppers, they claim they do stuff when they haven't and then take the wrap for it.

Who knows what's what hey ?

😂

*take the rap*
Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:35 - Oct 11 with 5736 viewsladyjack

Some of the worst football violence I can remember was that game.
Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:42 - Oct 11 with 5710 viewsTNT

I was on the North Bank that day and saw nothing on the NB.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:52 - Oct 11 with 5690 viewsladyjack

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:42 - Oct 11 by TNT

I was on the North Bank that day and saw nothing on the NB.

I was on the North Bank and it was carnage in the corner next to where the bulk of the Cardiff fans were under the double decker.
Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:59 - Oct 11 with 5672 viewsTNT

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:52 - Oct 11 by ladyjack

I was on the North Bank and it was carnage in the corner next to where the bulk of the Cardiff fans were under the double decker.

That's called The Double Decker mwsh.

I was in The North Bank, and I'm referring to The North Bank.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 23:17 - Oct 11 with 5640 viewsladyjack

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:59 - Oct 11 by TNT

Yes im talking about the North Bank, the corner of the North Bank next to the Double Decker, there was Cardiff fans in the North Bank and there was also missiles flying around between the Double Decker and the North Bank.
Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 08:25 - Oct 12 with 5472 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:59 - Oct 11 by TNT

If you didn’t see anything you would have heard it! There was quite a commotion when it kicked off, people trying to move away and the rumble of noise on the terrace. We were halfway along and we heard/saw it. And trampie the gender ambiguous is right, it was in the far right corner of the NB right next to the West Bank.

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 08:25 - Oct 12 with 5478 viewstaffpunk

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 14:19 - Sep 16 by Swanjaxs

50 or so Cardiff thought it a good idea to take the North Bank on and obviously came unstuck, not sure who was responsible for the dart incident though as when it happened there was pretty much a free for all going on. The police eventually managed to herd the scummers into the bottom right hand corner of the North Bank before transferring them in with the rest of the unwashed in the West stand with golf/pool/snooker balls flying back and forth from both sides... mad times indeed
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 14:22]

It was the Rhondda lot mostly on the NB, some Llanrumney as well. 'Came unstuck', you're entitled to your opinion, I'll leave it at that.

I was one of many who got taken to Ton Pentre Police Station for questioning about the terrible dart incident. One of my mates got taken in several times for questioning as they were convinced he'd done it. The culprit was eventually found to be a Swansea supporter, I believe he ended up serving a sentence at HMP.

RIP to the very brave copper.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2019 8:26]

Second Time Around Record Shop-Tonypandy, RCT-Open Friday and Saturday. Valley Leaflets-Reliable Leaflet Distribution throughout South Wales.

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 08:40 - Oct 12 with 5447 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 08:25 - Oct 12 by taffpunk

It was the Rhondda lot mostly on the NB, some Llanrumney as well. 'Came unstuck', you're entitled to your opinion, I'll leave it at that.

I was one of many who got taken to Ton Pentre Police Station for questioning about the terrible dart incident. One of my mates got taken in several times for questioning as they were convinced he'd done it. The culprit was eventually found to be a Swansea supporter, I believe he ended up serving a sentence at HMP.

Well you did. Escapees were being followed and whacked as they tried to get to safety. Fair play for having a go but it wasn’t exactly a victory! That area never contained our “boys” as they used to congregate along the back so it wasn’t even the hard nuts who you were fighting with.

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 08:41 - Oct 12 with 5452 viewsTailGunner

Remember the evening post front page picture following it, all sorts of weapons in there including Chinese stars with SCFC printed on them.
Mental times back then, no bubble trips either
Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 11:15 - Oct 12 with 5362 viewsNotLoyal

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 08:41 - Oct 12 by TailGunner

Remember the evening post front page picture following it, all sorts of weapons in there including Chinese stars with SCFC printed on them.
Mental times back then, no bubble trips either

I was ten, as for taff punks response, that's the same response we always get from Cardiff, it does get a bit boring mate 😂

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 15:22 - Oct 12 with 5217 viewsowainglyndwr

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 08:25 - Oct 12 by taffpunk

I remember it well when the Cardiff fans started to sing, st the start some of the younger swans fans scattered but once the Jacks at the back got into them, all the others came running in and the Cardiff fans tried their best to escape being hit form all angles, they were forced down to the corner where the police gave them some protection.
Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 15:59 - Oct 12 with 5180 viewsSwanjaxs

"Came unstuck" absolutely mate, if you were there you'd already know this.
The police pulled you out of the shit on that occasion, and indeed your lot would have known exactly where the "hard core" would have been on the North Bank but chose to try it on in well away from there... and still got a kicking.

Anyways those days are long gone now thankfully

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 16:58 - Oct 12 with 5130 viewsKilkennyjack

Are you sure about it being a Swans fan ?
Not what i understood to be the case. Long time ago though.

I once saw a police photo of the incident and it showed a guy with a clenched fist with a ‘something’ just above the fist. Police thought he was holding the dart. Guy said it was a badge on his jacket. The photo was far away and crap quality. Not conclusive.
Police were pretty sure though.

Beware of the Risen People

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024