Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. 14:02 - Sep 16 with 8475 viewsWingstandwood

There is a poignant and moving story in today's South Wales Evening Post about PC Ian George. ........ He was the PC that was stabbed in the head with a dart.

Quote: "When fighting broke out on the North Bank officers came under a hail of golf balls, billiard balls, washers and coins. PC George who lived in Sketty, was in the thick of it when his helmet came off and seconds later he was stabbed in the head with a dart"

Valhalla always welcomes the brave! Protect and serve!
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 14:21]

Argus!

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 21:07 - Oct 12 with 2083 viewsexhmrc1

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 08:25 - Oct 12 by taffpunk

It was the Rhondda lot mostly on the NB, some Llanrumney as well. 'Came unstuck', you're entitled to your opinion, I'll leave it at that.

I was one of many who got taken to Ton Pentre Police Station for questioning about the terrible dart incident. One of my mates got taken in several times for questioning as they were convinced he'd done it. The culprit was eventually found to be a Swansea supporter, I believe he ended up serving a sentence at HMP.

RIP to the very brave copper.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2019 8:26]

it wasn't a Swansea fan I was very close to where it kicked off it was Cardiff fans. Dont know form where but the dart came from the direction of Cardiff fans.
Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:40 - Oct 12 with 2016 viewsTNT

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 08:25 - Oct 12 by taffpunk

It was the Rhondda lot mostly on the NB, some Llanrumney as well. 'Came unstuck', you're entitled to your opinion, I'll leave it at that.

I was one of many who got taken to Ton Pentre Police Station for questioning about the terrible dart incident. One of my mates got taken in several times for questioning as they were convinced he'd done it. The culprit was eventually found to be a Swansea supporter, I believe he ended up serving a sentence at HMP.

It's time you called yourself bluepunk. you're no different to the rest of them. You've tried to con a few Jacks on here, and succeeded, but your mask is slipping all the time.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 21:30 - Oct 11 with 1491 viewsbritferry

I was looking for this story for the other Swansea-Cardiff thread, so I'll bump it instead

Cardiff scoring early in the 2nd leg and their fans started celebrating bottom west-end of North Bank, then all hell broke loose

Poll: Which kid would you give money to?

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:56 - Oct 11 with 1453 viewsKeithHaynes

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 14:19 - Sep 16 by Swanjaxs

50 or so Cardiff thought it a good idea to take the North Bank on and obviously came unstuck, not sure who was responsible for the dart incident though as when it happened there was pretty much a free for all going on. The police eventually managed to herd the scummers into the bottom right hand corner of the North Bank before transferring them in with the rest of the unwashed in the West stand with golf/pool/snooker balls flying back and forth from both sides... mad times indeed
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 14:22]

I do believe they ( some PVM ) got in as half of them used to be jacks but weren’t that well received by certain quarters of the north bank so they switched allegiance. And left the NB extremely quickly that day. That’s what I saw. It wasn’t the worst football violence you will ever see at a game, and both Swansea and Cardiff have been involved in far worse since. For my sins I was right there that day. It’s all a part of growing up. That’s my excuse.

This post has been edited by an administrator

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 23:01 - Oct 11 with 1448 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:32 - Oct 11 by WarwickHunt

😂

*take the rap*

Is that really you Wazza????

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 23:03 - Oct 11 with 1436 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 23:01 - Oct 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Is that really you Wazza????

Didn’t realize it was an old thread. Wazza still missing in action

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 23:06 - Oct 11 with 1433 viewsKeithHaynes

Eye Eye
One from 1978, Darts was big back then.

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 23:06 - Oct 11 with 1428 viewsBrynmill_Jack

I was on that bank , they got battered. I remember a few tried to sneak out by walking along the bank in small groups but they were found out and got it all over again.

Login to get fewer ads

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:59 - Nov 21 with 1154 viewstrampie

Do you think they had the correct person for the crime taffpunk ?, what you say ties in with the word on the street, but the word on the street at the time from memory went further in that somebody that didn't do it was bragging they had done it and eventually got pulled in.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 23:14 - Nov 21 with 1130 viewstrampie

As has been mentioned on this thread taffpunk people (Cardiff and Swansea fans I heard speak about it over the years) rightly or wrongly all thought it was a Kaardiff fan.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 10:30 - Nov 23 with 988 viewscontroversial_jack

I know a Cardiff fan from Barry, who ended up with a dart in his shoulder at the Vetch many years ago Swans fans were never above a bit of the dirty stuff, they weren't saints by a long way.
Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 10:49 - Nov 23 with 975 viewsbuilthjack

Who in their right mind takes darts to a game. Different times i know, but good heavens.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 11:05 - Nov 23 with 967 viewsWingstandwood

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 10:49 - Nov 23 by builthjack

Who in their right mind takes darts to a game. Different times i know, but good heavens.

That is indeed an extremely 'unconventional' football stadium accessory for this day and age... Improvised/home made 'Kung Fu fighting stars' were the norm also, pictured on 1980's SWEP. To think individuals spent so much time crafting those particular items. Some were even letter-stamped with CCFC and SCFC!

And standing on the (un-roofed) open ended Ninian Park Grange Town End terrace saw many evasive actions to avoid golf balls thrown over from outside. Darts, golf balls and Kung Fu fighting stars seen as regular items..... A stark "that was then this is now" comparison of different era's.

Argus!

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 12:32 - Nov 23 with 943 viewscontroversial_jack

Standing on the Grange end in the early 80s, I saw a Swans fan throwing a coin into the family section of Cardiff fans.It hit a young kid who had been giving us, shall we say gestures with his hands. It was a hell of a good shot, hit him right on the head and down he went.
Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 14:39 - Nov 23 with 912 viewsKeithHaynes

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 10:49 - Nov 23 by builthjack

Talking to a mate yesterday rumours of a pool ball in the east stand on Saturday, could it be it’s a very slow and sneaky way of building a discreet games room ?

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 09:10 - Nov 26 with 802 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Brave policeman from the 1982 Swansea v Cardiff game. on 22:59 - Oct 11 by TNT

That's called The Double Decker mwsh.

I was in The North Bank, and I'm referring to The North Bank.

There were no Swans fans under the double decker . It was the away end. If you were on the North Bank and didn’t see or hear anything, including the ejection of the PT mob onto the side of the pitch then you must have been asleep.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024