Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread 14:32 - Sep 16 with 25442 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 21 Sep 2019 14:02]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:52 - Sep 21 with 2743 viewsGroo

At least those on Bidwell's back will see the options now.

Groo does what Groo does best

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:52 - Sep 21 with 2743 viewsSheffieldjack

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:49 - Sep 21 by Groo

Bidwell sent off?

How was that a red card when Taylor Moore in the first half was only a yellow card?
The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:53 - Sep 21 with 2729 viewsPozuelosSideys

Never, ever, ever a red card. It was exactly the same as their guy chopping one of our players down outside the box in teh first half. Bristol City were not very good tho.

Same ref as Rotherham away last season. Seems like he has a meltdown near the 90 minute mark regularly

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:53 - Sep 21 with 2704 viewsCaptain_Sham

We never get fk all at Drizzle City. That'll do.

Its just a ride.

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:55 - Sep 21 with 2575 viewsFireboy2

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:51 - Sep 21 by Birchgrovejack

Shouldn't of been a red by all accounts. A yellow challenge, but the bristol bench all jumped up and made a fuss

If it wasnt as bad a people have made out we should challenge it.
The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:55 - Sep 21 with 2587 viewsjasper_T

A bit fortunate to get away with a point, but we did have chances in the second half from set pieces.

Never a red. A bit like Fer's sending off a couple of season's ago where's he's decided to take a yellow and the ref's changed the rules. They did as bad with no (second) booking.
The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:56 - Sep 21 with 2538 viewsjack_lord

so exactly the same challenge on celina but all the brizzle guy got was a yellow. As cilla used to say "surprise surprise". We should of (have) had a pelanty too.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:56 - Sep 21 with 2517 viewsCaptain_Sham

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:55 - Sep 21 by jasper_T

A bit fortunate to get away with a point, but we did have chances in the second half from set pieces.

Never a red. A bit like Fer's sending off a couple of season's ago where's he's decided to take a yellow and the ref's changed the rules. They did as bad with no (second) booking.

The stats disagree with you.
Possession
Home
42%
Away
58%
Shots
Home
Away
Shots on Target
Home
Away
Corners
Home
Away
Fouls
Home
Away
[Post edited 21 Sep 2019 16:58]

Its just a ride.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:58 - Sep 21 with 2472 viewsdickythorpe

Happy with an away point. Challenge the red card.
The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:58 - Sep 21 with 2464 viewsNotLoyal

A superb away point, could have won it.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:08 - Sep 21 with 2294 viewsfelixstowe_jack

A point more than we got last season at Bristol.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:22 - Sep 21 with 2108 viewsSwanseaman

We were the better team, had loads of chances, Bristol also had quite a few chances too though. When we were really going for it and close to getting the goal, the ref decided to kill the game and end of.

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:23 - Sep 21 with 2100 viewsBadlands

Was happy with a point before kick off.
But we could have won that with a little more composure and / or bravery with subs.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:29 - Sep 21 with 2030 viewsGaz_M

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 16:55 - Sep 21 by jasper_T

Just so you're aware, we were not 'fortunate' at all.

I'm only saying because you clearly didn't see the game.
The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:37 - Sep 21 with 1957 viewsexiledclaseboy

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:29 - Sep 21 by Gaz_M

According to Jasp we’ve been lucky all season. Played eight lost eight is our real position according to Jasp. Add to that his mate Badlands who still hasn’t “warmed” to Cooper (bet Cooper is gutted) and you’ve got a recipe for a really demoralising pre match chat in the pub with those two.

Poll: Tory leader

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:39 - Sep 21 with 1937 viewsjasper_T

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:29 - Sep 21 by Gaz_M

Yeah, clearly I didn't see the chance their centre forward somehow put wide when he got between Rodon and vdH, or the header put straight at Woodman. They had the better chances during the game regardless of what Wyndham was saying about us being "clearly the better side".

A few headers off corners and we offered little else.
The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:45 - Sep 21 with 1887 viewsDr_Winston

After a disappointing result and performance last time out, a solid display and point somewhere we rarely do well is just the ticket.

Would have snapped at a point before the game, extremely satisfied with one after it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:05 - Sep 21 with 1726 viewsGaz_M

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:39 - Sep 21 by jasper_T

Yeah, clearly I didn't see the chance their centre forward somehow put wide when he got between Rodon and vdH, or the header put straight at Woodman. They had the better chances during the game regardless of what Wyndham was saying about us being "clearly the better side".

That's what I said, you didn't see the game.
The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:09 - Sep 21 with 1699 viewsthornabyswan

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:05 - Sep 21 by Gaz_M

That's what I said, you didn't see the game.

How do you know this then.

Jasper does have an axe to grind though has done nothing but bitch and moan since Cooper got the job.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:10 - Sep 21 with 1699 viewsmonmouth

Just back, nice and quick. By far the quietest home fans I’ve ever seen. They were like the Crud fans when we whumped them 3-0 but they were at home. It beggared belief.

No way were we lucky in any way. Solid point no real scares other than that ball across goal. For a home side they did next to nothing.

We are not creating much though. It was almost Sousaesque today for my money. We have zero pace and next to no penetrative width (Naughts and Biddy are not threatening attacking wingbacks, and neither is Roberts cove to that). Celina is the only one that moves faster than a glacier.

I would take that performance and result over there anyday. Cooper has to find some keys to unlock defences now. There’s a lot of teams in this league that will just run and close down and run back into shape all game, so playing at snails pace and taking three touches on the ball every time is going to do us no favours. That’s been a consistent trend for the last three games.

Happy tonight though. I’d have taken 4 points, and it’s points that count, from those tough three games one way or another.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:20 - Sep 21 with 1641 viewsmonmouth

Oh and the sending off looked outrageous. It looked identical to their blokes challenge on Celina in the first half. I should think we might appeal that one?

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:24 - Sep 21 with 1616 viewsjasper_T

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:09 - Sep 21 by thornabyswan

How do you know this then.

Jasper does have an axe to grind though has done nothing but bitch and moan since Cooper got the job.

Same nonsense as last season, then. "Obvious agenda" innit.

People on here don't want to talk about football. They're only here for drama and to pick fights with other posters.
The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:27 - Sep 21 with 1586 viewsJackSomething

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 17:39 - Sep 21 by jasper_T

I'm confused. I heard we had a free kick from Grimes turned round the post by the keeper and the keeper saved from Ayew in a 1-on-1. How does that translate to a few headers off corners and little else?

Thanks Monmouth for a report from someone from the game and being someone who seems to know what he's talking about.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:30 - Sep 21 with 1576 viewsmonmouth

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:27 - Sep 21 by JackSomething

I'm confused. I heard we had a free kick from Grimes turned round the post by the keeper and the keeper saved from Ayew in a 1-on-1. How does that translate to a few headers off corners and little else?

Thanks Monmouth for a report from someone from the game and being someone who seems to know what he's talking about.

I thought Grimes shot was in right on half time (no time for the corner...why do other teams get time added on?’

Ayew should have done better, even from a tightish angle. He played well today though fair dos 100% commitment.
[Post edited 21 Sep 2019 18:30]

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:31 - Sep 21 with 1562 viewsAnotherJohn

The Official Bristol City vs Swansea City Match Thread on 18:27 - Sep 21 by JackSomething

The one-on-one, albeit from a narrow angle, is in the highlights here.

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/11816064/bristol-city-0-0-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024