Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
A new low? 15:26 - Sep 16 with 7889 viewsGwyn737

Is this where we've got to?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7464961/How-3-3million-donations-RNLI-s

People stopping donations because the 'wrong' nationality of people are drowning.

A new low? on 19:27 - Sep 16 with 3482 viewsGlyn1

The RNLI have responded with an excellent statement:

https://rnli.org/news-and-media/2019/september/15/information-about-the-rnlis-in

Here are two specific responses from them:

Why are the RNLI funding burkinis?

The Panje Project teaches women swim survival skills in Zanzibar. The burkini, which is a full length swim suit is an innovative (and cheap) way of enabling girls in strict Muslim countries, to get into the water without compromising their cultural and religious beliefs. The RNLI have been involved in the Panje Project with the majority of the RNLI’s involvement funded by a donor who specifically wanted the money to go towards this project.

Why is the RNLI getting involved in creches?

The Creches for Bangladesh programme helps reduce children’s risk of drowning by ensuring they have close supervision throughout the day. Around 40 children a day die from drowning in Bangladesh.

Children are most vulnerable to drowning between 9am and 1pm when parents must work to feed their families, and are unable to provide close supervision. Community-based creche facilities provide a safe environment for children aged between 1-4. Run by local women, these facilities provide a secure place away from open water for children to play and learn important skills.

Access to a free creche place reduces a child’s risk of drowning by an incredible 82%, as well as providing essential early childhood development. We work in partnership with the Centre for Injury Prevention and Research Bangladesh (CIPRB), who are experts in injury prevention and drowning prevention. Alongside CIPRB we have already helped to fund 10,000 creche places for some of Bangladesh’s most vulnerable children. All public donations to our recent appeal were matched by the Department for International Development.

Bangladesh is mostly at sea level or below and floods are getting more serious, but "40 children" a day die by drowning? Well done the RNLI for saving lives and not rolling over when attacked by The Times and the Daily Mail.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

A new low? on 19:40 - Sep 16 with 3447 viewsjacks777

They should be spending every penny within the U.K.
They won’t be getting anymore more from me.
A new low? on 19:41 - Sep 16 with 3450 viewsLeonWasGod

A new low? on 19:27 - Sep 16 by Glyn1

https://rnli.org/news-and-media/2019/september/15/information-about-the-rnlis-in

The Panje Project teaches women swim survival skills in Zanzibar. The burkini, which is a full length swim suit is an innovative (and cheap) way of enabling girls in strict Muslim countries, to get into the water without compromising their cultural and religious beliefs. The RNLI have been involved in the Panje Project with the majority of the RNLI’s involvement funded by a donor who specifically wanted the money to go towards this project.

The Creches for Bangladesh programme helps reduce children’s risk of drowning by ensuring they have close supervision throughout the day. Around 40 children a day die from drowning in Bangladesh.

Children are most vulnerable to drowning between 9am and 1pm when parents must work to feed their families, and are unable to provide close supervision. Community-based creche facilities provide a safe environment for children aged between 1-4. Run by local women, these facilities provide a secure place away from open water for children to play and learn important skills.

Access to a free creche place reduces a child’s risk of drowning by an incredible 82%, as well as providing essential early childhood development. We work in partnership with the Centre for Injury Prevention and Research Bangladesh (CIPRB), who are experts in injury prevention and drowning prevention. Alongside CIPRB we have already helped to fund 10,000 creche places for some of Bangladesh’s most vulnerable children. All public donations to our recent appeal were matched by the Department for International Development.

Bangladesh is mostly at sea level or below and floods are getting more serious, but "40 children" a day die by drowning? Well done the RNLI for saving lives and not rolling over when attacked by The Times and the Daily Mail.

So not only does their work save the lives of young kids, the money donated is used to lever match funding. You’d have to be a bit of an arsehole to not think that’s a good use of money and leadership on RNLI’s part. Playing a leading role in the World; I though that’s what ‘making Britain great again’ and ‘Global Britain’ were all about?

Some small minded people out there.
A new low? on 19:43 - Sep 16 with 3443 viewsjacks777

A new low? on 19:27 - Sep 16 by Glyn1

It’s royal national. Not royal international.
A new low? on 19:45 - Sep 16 with 3437 viewsjacks777

A new low? on 19:41 - Sep 16 by LeonWasGod

So not only does their work save the lives of young kids, the money donated is used to lever match funding. You’d have to be a bit of an arsehole to not think that’s a good use of money and leadership on RNLI’s part. Playing a leading role in the World; I though that’s what ‘making Britain great again’ and ‘Global Britain’ were all about?

Some small minded people out there.

Yeah let’s neglect everything in this country and spend money abroad..great idea.
A new low? on 19:45 - Sep 16 with 3441 viewsKilkennyjack

A new low? on 19:40 - Sep 16 by jacks777

Do you think British lives are worth more than other peoples lives ?

Beware of the Risen People

A new low? on 19:47 - Sep 16 with 3428 viewslondonlisa2001

A new low? on 19:40 - Sep 16 by jacks777

The number of people like you who are now claiming they’ve financially supported the RNLI is incredible. They must have money coming out of their ears.

Hopefully none of you never go on holiday, get into difficulty in the water, and find there aren’t rescue services in operation because the RNLI stopped providing training for the local people due to you cutting funding.

Of course, you’ve spent the past three years telling us that you are internationalists - that’s why you don’t want the EU to stop you from working with all these other countries. Apart from obviously saving children from drowning in those countries. That’s a waste of your money.
A new low? on 19:49 - Sep 16 with 3422 viewslondonlisa2001

A new low? on 19:45 - Sep 16 by jacks777

Yeah let’s neglect everything in this country and spend money abroad..great idea.

It’s 2% you utter horrorshow.
Login to get fewer ads

A new low? on 19:49 - Sep 16 with 3428 viewsSwanjaxs

A new low? on 19:45 - Sep 16 by Kilkennyjack

Of course he does 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

A new low? on 19:50 - Sep 16 with 3428 viewsdickythorpe

A new low? on 19:49 - Sep 16 by Swanjaxs

Of course he does 👍

Why does he care? He didn't care about forest fans punching our own.
A new low? on 19:51 - Sep 16 with 3419 viewsjacks777

A new low? on 19:45 - Sep 16 by Kilkennyjack

Money that is donated to the RNLI should be spent in this country.
Whether saving an American or Australian or British life.
And to answer your question directly, I’d put the British above and before anyone else. (Apart from the snowflakes)
A new low? on 19:52 - Sep 16 with 3418 viewsSwanjaxs

A new low? on 19:50 - Sep 16 by dickythorpe

Perhaps he isn't one of our own...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

A new low? on 19:54 - Sep 16 with 3412 viewsdickythorpe

A new low? on 19:52 - Sep 16 by Swanjaxs

Never noticed him until lately.

Who did he used to be on here I wonder?.......
A new low? on 19:56 - Sep 16 with 3398 viewsjacks777

A new low? on 19:47 - Sep 16 by londonlisa2001

The number of people like you who are now claiming they’ve financially supported the RNLI is incredible. They must have money coming out of their ears.

Hopefully none of you never go on holiday, get into difficulty in the water, and find there aren’t rescue services in operation because the RNLI stopped providing training for the local people due to you cutting funding.

Of course, you’ve spent the past three years telling us that you are internationalists - that’s why you don’t want the EU to stop you from working with all these other countries. Apart from obviously saving children from drowning in those countries. That’s a waste of your money.

I have made donations to the RNLI in the past, including raising money through running the Barcelona marathon. Never again. Maybe you should make a large donation.
A new low? on 19:57 - Sep 16 with 3396 viewsjacks777

A new low? on 19:49 - Sep 16 by londonlisa2001

It’s 2% you utter horrorshow.

2 % that should be spent in this country.
A new low? on 19:57 - Sep 16 with 3400 viewsLeonWasGod

A new low? on 19:45 - Sep 16 by jacks777

Where does the RNLI neglect things in this country?
A new low? on 19:57 - Sep 16 with 3393 viewsjacks777

A new low? on 19:50 - Sep 16 by dickythorpe

Man up ffs 😂
A new low? on 19:58 - Sep 16 with 3396 viewsdickythorpe

A new low? on 19:56 - Sep 16 by jacks777

I have made donations to the RNLI in the past, including raising money through running the Barcelona marathon. Never again. Maybe you should make a large donation.

You're overreacting mate. A case of look at me.

Barcelona marathon
A new low? on 19:58 - Sep 16 with 3392 viewsSwanjaxs

A new low? on 19:54 - Sep 16 by dickythorpe

I've got a pretty good idea, his posts stink this place out, he'll soon pop up in another guise ... here's a clue(🇪🇺🇪🇺🇪🇺)👍
[Post edited 16 Sep 2019 20:00]

A new low? on 19:59 - Sep 16 with 3389 viewsjacks777

A new low? on 19:52 - Sep 16 by Swanjaxs

I certainly ain’t one of you......😂
A new low? on 19:59 - Sep 16 with 3390 viewsdickythorpe

A new low? on 19:57 - Sep 16 by jacks777

Man up ffs 😂

Come and get a slap off the Cardiff fans mate. You think it's fair game.
We'll see who "mans up"
A new low? on 20:00 - Sep 16 with 3385 viewsNeath_Jack

A new low? on 19:54 - Sep 16 by dickythorpe

He's that DGT creature.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

A new low? on 20:01 - Sep 16 with 3385 viewsLeonWasGod

A new low? on 19:56 - Sep 16 by jacks777

So you’d spite their efforts to help save lives in the UK because they share their expertise abroad?

Nobody can be genuinely this warped and bitter.
A new low? on 20:01 - Sep 16 with 3383 viewsSwanjaxs

A new low? on 19:59 - Sep 16 by jacks777

I certainly ain’t one of you......😂

Init... you little fackin weasel

A new low? on 20:02 - Sep 16 with 3377 viewsjacks777

A new low? on 19:58 - Sep 16 by dickythorpe

You're overreacting mate. A case of look at me.

Barcelona marathon

Hit a nerve did I 😂 claiming forest fans are somehow different to Swansea fans.
Go and report the incident to the police 😂 overreacting tw@t.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024