Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD 19:26 - Sep 16 with 57407 viewsMrSwerve

Who's your money on then? Probably the All Blacks in all likelihood. I'm hoping that Wales have a strong showing - hopefully we will make the semis at least. Going to be tough though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 06:25 - Oct 11 with 1937 viewsdickythorpe

The games should have been played somewhere else. Refund the fans their ticket money, but get a "proper" result.
Even if it meant just the coaching staff watching.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 06:49 - Oct 11 with 1919 viewsSirjohnalot

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 06:25 - Oct 11 by dickythorpe

The games should have been played somewhere else. Refund the fans their ticket money, but get a "proper" result.
Even if it meant just the coaching staff watching.

You’d think that the players would have already been moved to a different venue, obviously can’t move thousands of fans when a massive storm is approaching but I don’t understand why they can’t play behind closed doors, though I suspect refunding the fans may be one reason behind it and it’ll costs thousands to do that, though you’d think they’d be insured ?

Problem is they’ve set a precedent by calling off games now, how can they treat Scotland v Japan differently ?
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 08:48 - Oct 11 with 1847 viewsmonmouth

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 06:49 - Oct 11 by Sirjohnalot

You’d think that the players would have already been moved to a different venue, obviously can’t move thousands of fans when a massive storm is approaching but I don’t understand why they can’t play behind closed doors, though I suspect refunding the fans may be one reason behind it and it’ll costs thousands to do that, though you’d think they’d be insured ?

Problem is they’ve set a precedent by calling off games now, how can they treat Scotland v Japan differently ?

They've boxed themselves into a right corner now. If they call off the Jocks match it looks like home team bias. If they don't it is inconsistent.

The obvious answer is the closed doors one, as they are refunding fans admission money anyway aren't they? They could still surely see sense and go for that.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 09:29 - Oct 11 with 1823 viewstheloneranger

Just found this ...

"World Rugby rules state that "where a pool match cannot be commenced on the day in which it is scheduled, it shall not be postponed to the following day and shall be considered as cancelled. In such situations, the result shall be allocated two points each and no score registered".

But ...

Scotland have said they will consider legal action if their game is called off!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 09:35 - Oct 11 with 1813 viewsdickythorpe

I'm sure Eddie Jones will say something.....
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:11 - Oct 11 with 1777 viewssherpajacob

Considering the efficiency of the Japanese in general, it is surprising greater contingency plans haven't been made. Such as having a reserve stadium in another part of the country on 24/48 hour notice.

I would hazard a guess the IRB/ World rugby are the feckwits in this situation

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:21 - Oct 11 with 1773 viewstheloneranger

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:11 - Oct 11 by sherpajacob

Considering the efficiency of the Japanese in general, it is surprising greater contingency plans haven't been made. Such as having a reserve stadium in another part of the country on 24/48 hour notice.

I would hazard a guess the IRB/ World rugby are the feckwits in this situation

As I posted above, it's nothing to do with the Japanese, it's a little known rule with World rugby.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:29 - Oct 11 with 1757 viewssherpajacob

More IRB skull doggery? This has been added to the tournament rules.

"For clarification, in the case of a tie between three or more Teams at the end of the pool phase, once the highest ranked Team has been determined following the above criteria, to determine the next higher ranked Team the process would repeat, starting at criterion 1."

So if its a three way tie in pool A, Scotland win the group on points difference, then japan v Ireland head to head comes into play and Ireland go out.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Login to get fewer ads

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:42 - Oct 11 with 1758 viewsmonmouth

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:29 - Oct 11 by sherpajacob

More IRB skull doggery? This has been added to the tournament rules.

"For clarification, in the case of a tie between three or more Teams at the end of the pool phase, once the highest ranked Team has been determined following the above criteria, to determine the next higher ranked Team the process would repeat, starting at criterion 1."

So if its a three way tie in pool A, Scotland win the group on points difference, then japan v Ireland head to head comes into play and Ireland go out.

Skullduggery (actually I prefer Skull Doggery. Sounds like an Eton sex game.) against Irish Rugby?

Burn him!!

It wont matter will it? paddies will get a BP so japan will be toast if they were to lose to the Scots?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:43 - Oct 11 with 1755 viewsmonmouth

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 22:19 - Oct 10 by union_jack

You can try and convince yourself all you like, but England will dismantle them.

Just wait and see.

Watching Oz today I think I may have to concede this argument.

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:51 - Oct 11 with 1736 viewsbluey_the_blue

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 08:48 - Oct 11 by monmouth

They've boxed themselves into a right corner now. If they call off the Jocks match it looks like home team bias. If they don't it is inconsistent.

The obvious answer is the closed doors one, as they are refunding fans admission money anyway aren't they? They could still surely see sense and go for that.

So having called off other games, Jocks want special treatment.

Can see why Sturgeon gets votes.

They knew the rules, they knew the weather conditions that could cause problems.

Fvck 'em.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 12:33 - Oct 11 with 1718 viewsOneill_77

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:43 - Oct 11 by monmouth

Watching Oz today I think I may have to concede this argument.

A canny Cheika ruse, toying with the pygmied one and giving false hope for the saes supporting apologists.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 13:40 - Oct 11 with 1668 viewsGroo

I hope the fans over there will stay safe.

My wife just told me that they believe its building up and they are expecting the biggest typhoon ever.

The last typhoon they had close to this ones predicted size they had more than 5000 dead or missing.

Groo does what Groo does best

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 14:38 - Oct 11 with 1646 viewsCatullus

Just blame the total feckwits who decided to use Japan during typhoon season, the same people with that ridiculous rule about a no score draw.

It's only ever about the money, it's the same with athletics (empty stadia in Doha) and the football World Cup in Qatar. Palms were probably greased, promises about income made and so common sense was bought off, the end result being a complete nonsense.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 14:39 - Oct 11 with 1642 viewsCooperman

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 13:40 - Oct 11 by Groo

I hope the fans over there will stay safe.

My wife just told me that they believe its building up and they are expecting the biggest typhoon ever.

The last typhoon they had close to this ones predicted size they had more than 5000 dead or missing.

It is extremely bad and due to get worse; our offices and factories out there have been shut down and staff sent home. I was due on a flight out there tomorrow but have been bounced to a departure on Monday.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 15:57 - Oct 11 with 1607 viewsTimTtam

I don't watch much rugby union, but from what I have watched and heard about the Australians, we are weak as piss mentally. Take this for an example. We destroy NZ 47-26 one week, and the next week lose 0-36 in the Bledisloe Cup decider.

Uruguay are Australia's last hope. If Wales do what they should easily do, Aus are done for. England will cruise on through.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 15:33 - Oct 12 with 1464 viewsexiledclaseboy

All I’ve heard on the radio since yesterday are Scots whining about how it’s not fair that their game might be called off. I hope it goes ahead and they lose anyway, the whinging tw@ts.

Poll: Tory leader

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 16:21 - Oct 12 with 1425 viewsdickythorpe

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 15:57 - Oct 11 by TimTtam

I don't watch much rugby union, but from what I have watched and heard about the Australians, we are weak as piss mentally. Take this for an example. We destroy NZ 47-26 one week, and the next week lose 0-36 in the Bledisloe Cup decider.

Uruguay are Australia's last hope. If Wales do what they should easily do, Aus are done for. England will cruise on through.

A bit harsh I think on your fellow countrymen.
They've been a fantastic team at times over last 30 years.
Wales have really struggled to win matches in that time against you.
At times Aussie backs look the very best but you beat the all blacks one week you are in for a backlash the next.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 16:23 - Oct 12 with 1418 viewsmonmouth

I know Wales should win easily tomorrow, but how in the name of the sweet baby jesus can there be an Australian referee?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 17:20 - Oct 12 with 1383 viewsTimTtam

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 16:23 - Oct 12 by monmouth

I know Wales should win easily tomorrow, but how in the name of the sweet baby jesus can there be an Australian referee?

Incoming Wales send off please ;)

It's not surprising though. They're combining refereeing shambles with match cancellation shambles.

My name is Matt

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 17:26 - Oct 12 with 1378 viewsTimTtam

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 16:21 - Oct 12 by dickythorpe

A bit harsh I think on your fellow countrymen.
They've been a fantastic team at times over last 30 years.
Wales have really struggled to win matches in that time against you.
At times Aussie backs look the very best but you beat the all blacks one week you are in for a backlash the next.

Sure, we've had relative success, but there's been a whole lot of inconsistency over the years.

Who knows, maybe we'll do well again now that the tosser Izzy Folau is gone.

My name is Matt

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 09:55 - Oct 13 with 1196 viewsunion_jack

God, this is awful from Wales. The unforced handling errors are a concern.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 10:01 - Oct 13 with 1186 viewsraynor94

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 09:55 - Oct 13 by union_jack

Surely not.........

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 10:01 - Oct 13 with 1184 viewsexiledclaseboy

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 09:55 - Oct 13 by union_jack

I just said exactly that to the dog. He’s both deaf and fast asleep so didn’t react.

Poll: Tory leader

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 10:07 - Oct 13 with 1171 viewslonglostjack

Patchell having a mare.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024