Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD 19:26 - Sep 16 with 57518 viewsMrSwerve

Who's your money on then? Probably the All Blacks in all likelihood. I'm hoping that Wales have a strong showing - hopefully we will make the semis at least. Going to be tough though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 12:09 - Oct 26 with 1469 viewsswan85

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 10:38 - Oct 26 by NotLoyal

Very harsh, almost questionable, ball didn't leave the hand, seriously flawed decision making and disregard of the rules.

For me, I thought he did put it forward on to the man in front. Worryingly though they did look good.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 12:10 - Oct 26 with 1467 viewsmonmouth

History says it’s either us or the Sais. Nobody has won a WC after losing a match.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 12:31 - Oct 26 with 1405 viewsraynor94

England were outstanding this morning, absolutely thrashed the Blacks in all departments, no team could live with them on that performance.

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 12:41 - Oct 26 with 1387 viewsunion_jack

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:07 - Oct 26 by waynekerr55

Union Jack did call it last week

I’m not surprised in the slightest. That was an 80 minute performance that didn’t let NZ near their line once other than from an error.

Strangely enough, this has got to be the best result for Wales because it will give them that bit more impetus to beat SA tomorrow. They haven’t really clicked this tournament yet despite a 100% record but win tomorrow, whatever the result, then an England v Wales final won’t be played on paper but on a level playing field which Wales have every chance of winning.

Big day tomorrow.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 13:23 - Oct 26 with 1341 viewsdickythorpe

Easy team talk tomorrow, "beat these, then it's England to beat for the World cup!"
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 13:25]
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 13:58 - Oct 26 with 1290 viewsLord_Bony

Credit where its due, that was a monumental performance by England, the best I ve seen, even better than the 2003 final. To score against N Zealand in 98 seconds is almost unheard of.

Anyways, tomorrow I think we have a fair chance despite the squad changes, the replacements are world class. Springboks will be all grunt and muscle looking for that weakness in our defence, but we seem to handle teams like this better than others.

Wales England final would be phenomenal, who knows we could even go on to win the bloody thing!

Full day tomorrow rugby, down the Lib then playing in a band in the night.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 14:37 - Oct 26 with 1250 viewsFireboy2

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 13:58 - Oct 26 by Lord_Bony

Credit where its due, that was a monumental performance by England, the best I ve seen, even better than the 2003 final. To score against N Zealand in 98 seconds is almost unheard of.

Anyways, tomorrow I think we have a fair chance despite the squad changes, the replacements are world class. Springboks will be all grunt and muscle looking for that weakness in our defence, but we seem to handle teams like this better than others.

Wales England final would be phenomenal, who knows we could even go on to win the bloody thing!

Full day tomorrow rugby, down the Lib then playing in a band in the night.

I wish i had your positivity LB
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 14:44 - Oct 26 with 1232 viewsunion_jack

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 14:37 - Oct 26 by Fireboy2

Well, the wise money will go on SA.

Just like it did on NZ this morning.

Login to get fewer ads

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 15:02 - Oct 26 with 1209 viewsPozuelosSideys

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 12:41 - Oct 26 by union_jack

I’m not surprised in the slightest. That was an 80 minute performance that didn’t let NZ near their line once other than from an error.

Strangely enough, this has got to be the best result for Wales because it will give them that bit more impetus to beat SA tomorrow. They haven’t really clicked this tournament yet despite a 100% record but win tomorrow, whatever the result, then an England v Wales final won’t be played on paper but on a level playing field which Wales have every chance of winning.

Big day tomorrow.

Spot on again.

Wales need to start well against SA. Another France performance and we will get blown away.

That said, a Final against England should we get there is a local derby against a team we know we can beat and form gets thrown out the window in a dogfight.

NZ did some bonkers things today. Seemed to want to run everything from deep rather than kick. Got pressured very well by rush England defence and didn't want or seem able to go through phases or slow play down. Wales wouldn't do any of that

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 15:12 - Oct 26 with 1193 viewsdickythorpe

The line speed of England's defence right up to the end was impressive.
I've never seen the All Blacks in retreat whilst they had ball in hand!

But when WE play them in the final( ) we'll be more than a match.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 16:03 - Oct 26 with 1141 viewsLord_Bony

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 14:37 - Oct 26 by Fireboy2

As said above, play like we did against France and we will get slaughtered.

Turn up on the day and we re more than capable.

Lets not forget folks Wales have won each of their past four test encounters with South Africa.

We will know within the first 10 minutes I think.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 16:11 - Oct 26 with 1131 viewsFireboy2

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 15:12 - Oct 26 by dickythorpe

The line speed of England's defence right up to the end was impressive.
I've never seen the All Blacks in retreat whilst they had ball in hand!

But when WE play them in the final( ) we'll be more than a match.

Still cant believe their gameplan, try and go around england, not taking anything away from their win but nz were easy to defend against, they hardly tried to go through them sucking defender in so to create space out wide, they threw it out wide too early making it easier for england to drift and cut down space out wide.

Whoever plays them next week will have a different gameplan, keeping it tight and kicking for position to try and stop england attacking from good positions.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 16:12 - Oct 26 with 1130 viewsMrSwerve

IF Wales get to the final (big IF), surely they'll open the Millennium stadium to show the game? Against England, I think it'll be a massive crowd.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 16:13]

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 16:36 - Oct 26 with 1108 viewsraynor94

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 16:12 - Oct 26 by MrSwerve

IF Wales get to the final (big IF), surely they'll open the Millennium stadium to show the game? Against England, I think it'll be a massive crowd.
[Post edited 26 Oct 2019 16:13]

They've already said they will

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 16:47 - Oct 26 with 1085 viewsFireboy2

Just read a piece from J Davies and ive got a feeling from it he could pull out again tomorrow.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 16:50 - Oct 26 with 1076 viewsunion_jack

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 16:47 - Oct 26 by Fireboy2

Just read a piece from J Davies and ive got a feeling from it he could pull out again tomorrow.

If so, he’ll be missed.

I’m stating the bloody obvious there, sorry!

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 16:56 - Oct 26 with 1057 viewsLord_Bony

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 16:47 - Oct 26 by Fireboy2

Still Gatland "hopes" he ll be ok, will be playing with a lot of strapping on his knee.

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 17:24 - Oct 26 with 1031 viewsPozuelosSideys

Foxy being out tomorrow would be a major loss and one i think would cost us. SA like to attack the outside 13 channel at pace and would cut big holes if watkin is there as he ain't quick enough

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 17:31 - Oct 26 with 1018 viewsdickythorpe

If any player isn't fit they should say so and I believe they will.
Hadleigh Parks is having an incredible amount of treatment on his hand injury, a machine gets the blood flowing correctly in his hand after every game

Unbelievable toll the modern game has.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 17:38 - Oct 26 with 1014 viewsFireboy2

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 17:31 - Oct 26 by dickythorpe

If any player isn't fit they should say so and I believe they will.
Hadleigh Parks is having an incredible amount of treatment on his hand injury, a machine gets the blood flowing correctly in his hand after every game

Unbelievable toll the modern game has.

Its a damn shame we dont have strength in depth like other countries, a few injuries to key players and we are severely weakened, it showed up badly in 2015 when we went out admirably against the boks.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 17:47 - Oct 26 with 1005 viewssherpajacob

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 17:38 - Oct 26 by Fireboy2

Its a damn shame we dont have strength in depth like other countries, a few injuries to key players and we are severely weakened, it showed up badly in 2015 when we went out admirably against the boks.

exactly the same with the football, when key players are out, we simply don't have a replacement. It cost us dear in the SF in 2016.

When the population is 3M its always going to be that way.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 18:03 - Oct 26 with 985 viewsmonmouth

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 17:47 - Oct 26 by sherpajacob

exactly the same with the football, when key players are out, we simply don't have a replacement. It cost us dear in the SF in 2016.

When the population is 3M its always going to be that way.

Well yeah, but why isn't Scott Williams out there?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 18:23 - Oct 26 with 951 viewsdickythorpe

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 18:03 - Oct 26 by monmouth

Well yeah, but why isn't Scott Williams out there?

He just hasn't played enough unfortunately due to injury.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 18:50 - Oct 26 with 914 viewssherpajacob

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 18:23 - Oct 26 by dickythorpe

He just hasn't played enough unfortunately due to injury.

Indeed, which further proves the point.

Add fully fit, Scott Williams, Ellis Jenkins, Anscombe, Sanjay, and Falateu to tomorrow's squad and I'd back us to win the whole thing.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 19:05 - Oct 26 with 894 viewstheloneranger

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 18:50 - Oct 26 by sherpajacob

Indeed, which further proves the point.

Add fully fit, Scott Williams, Ellis Jenkins, Anscombe, Sanjay, and Falateu to tomorrow's squad and I'd back us to win the whole thing.

Don't forget Josh Navidi and Cory Hill.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024