Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD 19:26 - Sep 16 with 56272 viewsMrSwerve

Who's your money on then? Probably the All Blacks in all likelihood. I'm hoping that Wales have a strong showing - hopefully we will make the semis at least. Going to be tough though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:01 - Oct 27 with 1570 viewsFireboy2

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 10:52 - Oct 27 by union_jack

We just don’t have the strength in depth unfortunately. They got stronger when they brought on replacements, we got weaker. And with the pre and during the tournament injuries it was too much to ask.

This

We just dont have the strength in depth like england and nz have.

I really feel for AWJ, a legend who never gave up and deserves to be in a wc final.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:07 - Oct 27 with 1541 viewsladyjack

All those decisions that went against Wales in the first half was decisive, all 9 of SA's points in the first half should not have been scored and would not have been awarded on another day as Wales would have been given the penalty in the preceding play themselves for the first 6pts SA had and for the next 3pts SA had on another day the ref would have said no advantage and gave Wales the penalty where the offence took place instead of a lineout to SA which lead to them getting a penalty
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 11:37]
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:08 - Oct 27 with 1532 viewsWarwickHunt

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:07 - Oct 27 by ladyjack

All those decisions that went against Wales in the first half was decisive, all 9 of SA's points in the first half should not have been scored and would not have been awarded on another day as Wales would have been given the penalty in the preceding play themselves for the first 6pts SA had and for the next 3pts SA had on another day the ref would have said no advantage and gave Wales the penalty where the offence took place instead of a lineout to SA which lead to them getting a penalty

Twàt.

Edit: here’s a quid, buy some punctuation. Twát.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 11:09]
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:09 - Oct 27 with 1528 viewsLibertarian

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 10:52 - Oct 27 by union_jack

We just don’t have the strength in depth unfortunately. They got stronger when they brought on replacements, we got weaker. And with the pre and during the tournament injuries it was too much to ask.

Spot on. Could have gone either way in the end. Close stuff.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:10 - Oct 27 with 1518 viewswaynekerr55

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:07 - Oct 27 by ladyjack

We lost because we turned the ball over at a key point. Have a day off, Trampie.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:16 - Oct 27 with 1481 viewsFireboy2

There were a few 50/50s that could have gone either way, on another day a different ref might have seen those a different way but thats union for you.

What gripes me and i suspect the players as well is the phases we had in their half in the last 10 mins, wtf did we persist to set up for a drop goal when it was clear that we were not going to get close enough.

But hey ho i didnt expect us to get that close to them.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:35 - Oct 27 with 1430 viewsladyjack

Many South Africans did not want Garces so he must have been under immense pressure to not penalise SA unless it was clear cut or to give Wales any 50-50's as SA would have castigated him and its difficult to be a top ref if one of the main rugby countries in the World is so critical.

If the game had played out the same with 10 different refs as it did today, Wales would have won on at least 7 occasions imo.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:45 - Oct 27 with 1406 viewswaynekerr55

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:16 - Oct 27 by Fireboy2

There were a few 50/50s that could have gone either way, on another day a different ref might have seen those a different way but thats union for you.

What gripes me and i suspect the players as well is the phases we had in their half in the last 10 mins, wtf did we persist to set up for a drop goal when it was clear that we were not going to get close enough.

But hey ho i didnt expect us to get that close to them.

I suppose that's the difference at the elite level. The Super 14 and to a degree the English Premiership is of a higher intensity and as such probably better prepares then for elite level rugby

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:51 - Oct 27 with 1391 viewsWarwickHunt

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:10 - Oct 27 by waynekerr55

We lost because we turned the ball over at a key point. Have a day off, Trampie.

Unfortunately, his contract as a Professional Welsh Twàt doesn’t allow for days off.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:52 - Oct 27 with 1384 viewsWarwickHunt

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:35 - Oct 27 by ladyjack

Many South Africans did not want Garces so he must have been under immense pressure to not penalise SA unless it was clear cut or to give Wales any 50-50's as SA would have castigated him and its difficult to be a top ref if one of the main rugby countries in the World is so critical.

If the game had played out the same with 10 different refs as it did today, Wales would have won on at least 7 occasions imo.

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:55 - Oct 27 with 1372 viewsswanaway

Game management cost us the game. In the last 10 minutes we were well in their half and tried a drop goal from too far out. If we had kept recycling the ball we might have got a penalty or at least set up an easier drop goal opportunity and worked the clock as well.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 13:03 - Oct 27 with 1315 viewsladyjack

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 13:05 - Oct 27 with 1312 viewsdickythorpe

No need for dour grapes. We just don't play rugby anymore.
Disappointing. Effort was there. Not much of a spectacle.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 13:30 - Oct 27 with 1280 viewsphact0rri

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 13:05 - Oct 27 by dickythorpe

No need for dour grapes. We just don't play rugby anymore.
Disappointing. Effort was there. Not much of a spectacle.

I think this is unfair. Today we just decided to play the Bok's game. but to say we don't play rugby anymore is a bit harsh. we've played some great rugby this tournament.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 13:39 - Oct 27 with 1268 viewsdickythorpe

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 13:30 - Oct 27 by phact0rri

I think this is unfair. Today we just decided to play the Bok's game. but to say we don't play rugby anymore is a bit harsh. we've played some great rugby this tournament.

Against who?
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 13:57 - Oct 27 with 1254 viewsladyjack

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 14:00 - Oct 27 with 1244 viewsphact0rri

Thought there was some good in the group stages. that fiji match was filled with excitement at the park. the australian match was quality stuff. that georgian match was picture perfect. maybe b-siding Uruguay was boring. but over all I had so much fun. my room mate who came to japan with me to visit home is now a rugby fan because of what she saw in the group stage matches we went to.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 14:01 - Oct 27 with 1240 viewsladyjack

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 14:04 - Oct 27 with 1226 viewsdickythorpe

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 14:00 - Oct 27 by phact0rri

Thought there was some good in the group stages. that fiji match was filled with excitement at the park. the australian match was quality stuff. that georgian match was picture perfect. maybe b-siding Uruguay was boring. but over all I had so much fun. my room mate who came to japan with me to visit home is now a rugby fan because of what she saw in the group stage matches we went to.

Fair play, glad you enjoyed
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 14:14 - Oct 27 with 1204 viewsladyjack

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 18:54 - Oct 27 with 1103 viewsladyjack

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 19:05 - Oct 27 with 1091 viewsmonmouth

Wales lost Wales their place in the final. Never tried for one moment to seize the day. Passively hoping to win by being negative (as did the boks) means it’s 50-50 so what happened was always likely to happen as it was a toss up.

Simply not assertive enough for my money.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 19:06 - Oct 27 with 1087 viewsmagicdaps10

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 13:57 - Oct 27 by ladyjack

Moriarty originally knocked on before being taken out In the air.
He missed a few high tackles in the 1st half by the SAs, also 2 decisions leading up to their first 2 penalties at goals were missed in SAs favour today....... Second half he was smack on mind.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 19:13 - Oct 27 with 1066 viewsladyjack

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 19:26 - Oct 27 with 1052 viewsBrynmill_Jack

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 19:05 - Oct 27 by monmouth

Wales lost Wales their place in the final. Never tried for one moment to seize the day. Passively hoping to win by being negative (as did the boks) means it’s 50-50 so what happened was always likely to happen as it was a toss up.

Simply not assertive enough for my money.

What cost us was the continual sh*t box kicking straight back into SA hands rather than kicking for touch and forcing them to start from deeper. Mental .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024