Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD 19:26 - Sep 16 with 57691 viewsMrSwerve

Who's your money on then? Probably the All Blacks in all likelihood. I'm hoping that Wales have a strong showing - hopefully we will make the semis at least. Going to be tough though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 19:37 - Oct 27 with 1937 viewsladyjack

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 21:06 - Oct 27 with 1889 viewsdickythorpe

Trampie , stop "doing a Warnock"

We lost that game because we had no flair to win it.
We don't have the players to produce flowing rugby.

Gatland goes a few years too late for me. We need a more exciting, expansive coach.
Certain players are one trick ponies who I grant you have always given 100%, but we've yet again failed to get to the world cup final.

Shoot me now but is Alun Wyn exempt from criticism?
Doesn't do much effective ball carrying like other younger 2nd rows out there.

Our front row isn't great. Plodders that can't last for 80.

Plus our back row don't smash through the gain line.

I'm not a sore loser but sometimes I think we overrate ourselves.

The game against NZ is meaningless. What boxer ever wants a bronze medal let alone silver?
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 21:15 - Oct 27 with 1870 viewsFireboy2

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 21:06 - Oct 27 by dickythorpe

Gatland goes a few years too late for me. We need a more exciting, expansive coach.
Certain players are one trick ponies who I grant you have always given 100%, but we've yet again failed to get to the world cup final.

The game against NZ is meaningless. What boxer ever wants a bronze medal let alone silver?

I cant be bothered answering your points dickie but im sorry to say you dont know much about rugby do you? If you did you wouldnt be dissing AWJ.

I don't need to say anymore.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 21:18 - Oct 27 with 1863 viewsWarwickHunt

He’s found a few people on the internet as clueless as he is.

He’s like Barry Welsh’s less sophisticated, more parochial brother.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 21:23 - Oct 27 with 1851 viewsladyjack

We lost the game dickythorpe because the ref didn't give us any decisions, we didn't have Cory Hill our best second row, our British Lions No 8 Faletau, our first choice fly half Anscombe who NZ picked in front of Beauden Barrett at #10 back in the day or our British Lions fullback Liam Williams.
British Lion Jonathon Davies had been injured the previous game and British Lion George North got injured and went off in the first half, regardless of the result in the final there is a case for Wales first XV/match day squad minus injuries being the best team.
Wales in both football and rugby never seem to get the rub of the green in important matches whether injuries or refereeing decisions, at least at the third time of asking in a rugby semi final we didn't have a man sent off.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 21:27]
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 21:32 - Oct 27 with 1836 viewsdickythorpe

It's all about opinions.
After yet another semi final defeat painful questions have to be asked .
I'm not dissing AWJ but after 120 odd caps what else are we going to get from him now to improve our side?
Can Biggar and foxy reinvent themselves?

All good players but not getting us to win games like today.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 21:35 - Oct 27 with 1830 viewsdickythorpe

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 21:15 - Oct 27 by Fireboy2

I cant be bothered answering your points dickie but im sorry to say you dont know much about rugby do you? If you did you wouldnt be dissing AWJ.

I don't need to say anymore.

Whatever. Raw nerves have to be hit to wake people up.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 21:47 - Oct 27 with 1814 viewsFireboy2

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 21:35 - Oct 27 by dickythorpe

Whatever. Raw nerves have to be hit to wake people up.

If you looked at my posts soon after the defeat dickie you would see that im calm and collected.

As per normal.

You obviously dont see the nuts and bolts of a top class rugby match, for instance nz tried to go around eng yesterday because they couldnt go through them therefore making it easier for eng to defend whereas today we couldnt go through them or around them so persisted with the aerial competition as they were so big and aggresive in defence and the boks should be commended for that, what you have to understand is we dont play the usual flamboyant rugby the welsh are renowned for, the way gatland has got us to play is risk free in your face rugby that as you know has got us results over the last 12 years, another problem we have is we dont have a massive pool of players which bites us on the @rse when we have a few injuries in key areas, which has happened again.

We have got wayne pivac coming in as head coach to replace gatland and as we know with the scarlets he likes to play a more expansive game so theres something to look forward to matey.
Login to get fewer ads

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 23:07 - Oct 27 with 1764 viewsmajorraglan

It wasn’t a great game today tbh, we didn't get the rub of the green but for me South Africa just edged it. I would like to have seen us vary the game a bit more and play a little more expansively, NZ ran the ball back at them in the first game and cut them the shreds which is what we needed to do; they have a monster pack and while you can go toe to toe with them for a while, you can’t do it for 80 mins.

Garland has done a good job, but we only have 4 regions where he can draw players from and none of them are setting the world on fire in terms of success etc.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 23:41 - Oct 27 with 1745 viewsJackSomething

I'm the first to admit that 'Warrenball' isn't exactly thrilling to watch, but claiming he stayed on too long is nonsense.

When he came in, we'd just gone out of the World Cup in the group stages. If you told any Welsh fan then that our next coach would lead us to 3 Grand Slams and 2 World Cup semi-finals, they'd have laughed in your face.

Look at our resources and our history. We have over-achieved massively under Gatland. I hope Pivac is a huge success, but I suspect we'll be pining for the Gatland years soon enough.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 00:00 - Oct 28 with 1737 viewsraynor94

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 21:23 - Oct 27 by ladyjack

We lost the game dickythorpe because the ref didn't give us any decisions, we didn't have Cory Hill our best second row, our British Lions No 8 Faletau, our first choice fly half Anscombe who NZ picked in front of Beauden Barrett at #10 back in the day or our British Lions fullback Liam Williams.
British Lion Jonathon Davies had been injured the previous game and British Lion George North got injured and went off in the first half, regardless of the result in the final there is a case for Wales first XV/match day squad minus injuries being the best team.
Wales in both football and rugby never seem to get the rub of the green in important matches whether injuries or refereeing decisions, at least at the third time of asking in a rugby semi final we didn't have a man sent off.
[Post edited 27 Oct 2019 21:27]

Absolutely embarrassing

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 08:36 - Oct 28 with 1638 viewsmagicdaps10

After Gatland has gone, does the Gatland rulr regarding not picking players with 60 or more caps outside Wales go?
Be nice to be able to widen the choices for the national team.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 08:50 - Oct 28 with 1622 viewssherpajacob

With a fully fit Falatau, Sanjay and Anscombe we could well have gone all the way.

But, i can't help the feeling of opportunity missed yesterday. We played to avoid defeat rather than to win in the last 15 minutes, and we're happy to take the 50/50 lottery of a breakdown penalty for or against us. How many passes did Foxy, Adams or Watkin receive, not many?

We made no inroads against the bok defence down the middle, mainly because it s difficult to break the gain line when your big ball carriers are receiving it standing still.

Feels like 2015 all over again, except we went one round further.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 09:11 - Oct 28 with 1608 viewswaynekerr55

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 08:50 - Oct 28 by sherpajacob

With a fully fit Falatau, Sanjay and Anscombe we could well have gone all the way.

But, i can't help the feeling of opportunity missed yesterday. We played to avoid defeat rather than to win in the last 15 minutes, and we're happy to take the 50/50 lottery of a breakdown penalty for or against us. How many passes did Foxy, Adams or Watkin receive, not many?

We made no inroads against the bok defence down the middle, mainly because it s difficult to break the gain line when your big ball carriers are receiving it standing still.

Feels like 2015 all over again, except we went one round further.

Yes, opportunity missed I think. Saying that 8 years ago I thought we'd never get as good a chance as we did in 2011.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 09:14 - Oct 28 with 1606 viewsLord_Bony

Gatland says South Africa deserved to win....wtf is he talking about.??

We could have won that if we d been more disciplined the last 15 minutes.

16:16 it was the first team to give a penalty,simp!e as that.

Well gutted we should have been in that final.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 09:35 - Oct 28 with 1587 viewsdickythorpe

Jiffy wants England to win on Saturday, who do you want?
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 09:45 - Oct 28 with 1583 viewssherpajacob

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 09:35 - Oct 28 by dickythorpe

I want England to lose every day.

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 09:50 - Oct 28 with 1570 viewsraynor94

I would always want a British team to win

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 09:52 - Oct 28 with 1569 viewsLord_Bony

I shan't be supporting neither of the horrible bastads.

Think Wales will get mullered in the golden spoon.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 11:24 - Oct 28 with 1521 viewstheloneranger

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 08:36 - Oct 28 by magicdaps10

After Gatland has gone, does the Gatland rulr regarding not picking players with 60 or more caps outside Wales go?
Be nice to be able to widen the choices for the national team.

Gatland's Law which allowed him to pick up to 4 players playing outside Wales was scrapped by the WRU in October 2017, and it was they who brought in the 60 - cap rule which made players like Rhys Webb ineligible to play for Wales.

The WRU have said the 60-cap rule will be reviewed after this World Cup.

The problem is our four regions are not overly blessed with money, so players are going to look at contracts which look after themselves and their families.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 12:16 - Oct 28 with 1494 viewssherpajacob

The last 2 world cups our chances have been decimated by injuries to our most important players. It affects us adversely because of our smaller playing base.

England, whose players play in the fiercely competitive, every games counts premiership ,are all fit. There isn't one key player they are missing. Nowell is out but Watson would be first choice anyway.

So our boys who are protected from burn out by the Pr'O14 are dropping like flies, whilst across the bridge they've just beaten NZ for intensity, energy and pace.

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 20:36 - Oct 29 with 1350 viewsdickythorpe

I read we are 11th in the world for amount of players registered in playing rugby union.
Italy are 10th, Fiji 12th, Malaysia 13th!!!
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 23:49 - Oct 29 with 1290 viewstheloneranger

Jérôme Garcès (France) will referee the final between England and South Africa, Romain Poite (France) and Ben O'Keeffe (New Zealand) as assistant referees and Ben Skeen (New Zealand) as TMO.

Wayne Barnes will take charge of the match between New Zealand and Wales , he will be joined by Jaco Peyper (South Africa) and Pascal Gaüzère (France) as assistant referees and Marius Jonker (South Africa) as TMO.
[Post edited 29 Oct 2019 23:49]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 08:27 - Oct 30 with 1203 viewspikeypaul

182 meters carried in 114 attempts the lowest by any team in the World Cup .

Says it all.

Warren likes to turn games into a battle of attrition and despite being on the wrong side of many calls on Sunday we did not deserve to win.Cant fault the effort,all the guts left everything out there.

Sometimes you need to accept defeat.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 09:42 - Oct 30 with 1180 viewsdickythorpe

9 changes for All Black game. I hope both teams sling it about. No one really remembers these games.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024