Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD 19:26 - Sep 16 with 57517 viewsMrSwerve

Who's your money on then? Probably the All Blacks in all likelihood. I'm hoping that Wales have a strong showing - hopefully we will make the semis at least. Going to be tough though.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 14:05 - Sep 23 with 2021 viewsJoe_bradshaw

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 12:52 - Sep 23 by jack247

I tend to lose interest in games that are over after 15 minutes. This is where only having 8 or so competitive teams hurts rugby. Football World Cup is interesting from the start.

Very much looking forward to the Australia game though and the knockout stages are usually brilliant.

I do as well unless I’m supporting one of the teams. I don’t lose interest if the Swans are well ahead early on, I just enjoy it.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 14:13 - Sep 23 with 2009 viewsjack247

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 14:05 - Sep 23 by Joe_bradshaw

I do as well unless I’m supporting one of the teams. I don’t lose interest if the Swans are well ahead early on, I just enjoy it.

Fair enough.

For me, tension and excitement are a big part of why I enjoy watching the team I support. I’m far more interested in games we may lose than ones we’re all but guaranteed to win.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 15:29 - Sep 23 with 1947 viewsCooperman

The games themselves appear to be very well supported and I for one didn’t expect ticket sales to be so high. However away from that the bars are empty and there is a distinct lack of promotion of RWC2019 going on in the streets of Japan. I certainly wouldn’t say that the nation is hooked on the tournament.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 15:34 - Sep 23 with 1938 viewsSwanjaxs

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 15:29 - Sep 23 by Cooperman

The games themselves appear to be very well supported and I for one didn’t expect ticket sales to be so high. However away from that the bars are empty and there is a distinct lack of promotion of RWC2019 going on in the streets of Japan. I certainly wouldn’t say that the nation is hooked on the tournament.

In fairness the bars are probably empty because the Japanese don't have to down 20 pints then head off for a kebab to finish the night after an international 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 15:47 - Sep 23 with 1924 viewsswancity

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 15:29 - Sep 23 by Cooperman

It wouldn't be hooked. I didn't think it would be remotely interested but the Japanese are certainly supporting it well.

Rugby is behind football, wrestling, golf, baseball, basketball, racing, tennis and tidlewinks in terms of popularity there.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 15:53 - Sep 23 with 1913 viewsCooperman

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 15:34 - Sep 23 by Swanjaxs

In fairness the bars are probably empty because the Japanese don't have to down 20 pints then head off for a kebab to finish the night after an international 👍

You’d be surprised. Beer consumption for football or baseball events is considerable.
And for our kebab they have their ramen bars.

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 15:55 - Sep 23 with 1906 viewsCooperman

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 15:47 - Sep 23 by swancity

It wouldn't be hooked. I didn't think it would be remotely interested but the Japanese are certainly supporting it well.

Rugby is behind football, wrestling, golf, baseball, basketball, racing, tennis and tidlewinks in terms of popularity there.

I agree. Rugby in Japan hasn’t gained the same level of interest as the other sports that you mention.

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 16:06 - Sep 23 with 1886 viewsthornabyswan

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 12:10 - Sep 23 by Darran

Am I the only one that has no intention of watching one minute of this peanut hugging egg chasing rugger World Cup shite?

I thought you used to watch Neath down the knoll before the Swans became world famous

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Login to get fewer ads

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 18:47 - Sep 23 with 1828 viewsWarwickHunt

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 15:47 - Sep 23 by swancity

WTF is "tidlewinks"?
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 18:50 - Sep 23 with 1822 viewsDarran

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 16:06 - Sep 23 by thornabyswan

I thought you used to watch Neath down the knoll before the Swans became world famous

It’s the Gnoll and the only time I’ve ever been there was to watch the Swans in a pre-season friendly.
Prick.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 18:59 - Sep 23 with 1813 viewslonglostjack

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 12:10 - Sep 23 by Darran

Am I the only one that has no intention of watching one minute of this peanut hugging egg chasing rugger World Cup shite?

Now now Victor Meldrew .....

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 19:07 - Sep 23 with 1809 viewsWingstandwood

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 12:31 - Sep 23 by Darran

Well yeah they can win it I’ve just got no Interest in watching the shit.

Modern day rugby? My father played first class rugby during the boot-money era and he would at times switch the TV off and go off to the workingman's instead when the modern professional era game was on.

All the indoctrinated/coaching of flair, individuality and skills that was stereotypical old style grammar school system stuff has gone. Even ex-Neath Kevin Phillips can no longer stomach international matches i.e. "defence, defence, defence".

It’s all about possession percentage and territorial advantage…. Crash bang wallop, scrum, line out, stop-start, crash bang wallop, stop-start etc, etc, etc. Still got to admire the effort put in by these modern day professionals.

The major concern should however be? Modern day introduction of weight training, plyometrics and faster, stronger heavier players means a lot more concussive injury and higher risk of neurological conditions like chronic traumatic encephalopathy, Parkinson’s disease and dementia when players are older.

Argus!

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 19:28 - Sep 23 with 1781 viewslonglostjack

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 19:07 - Sep 23 by Wingstandwood

Modern day rugby? My father played first class rugby during the boot-money era and he would at times switch the TV off and go off to the workingman's instead when the modern professional era game was on.

All the indoctrinated/coaching of flair, individuality and skills that was stereotypical old style grammar school system stuff has gone. Even ex-Neath Kevin Phillips can no longer stomach international matches i.e. "defence, defence, defence".

It’s all about possession percentage and territorial advantage…. Crash bang wallop, scrum, line out, stop-start, crash bang wallop, stop-start etc, etc, etc. Still got to admire the effort put in by these modern day professionals.

The major concern should however be? Modern day introduction of weight training, plyometrics and faster, stronger heavier players means a lot more concussive injury and higher risk of neurological conditions like chronic traumatic encephalopathy, Parkinson’s disease and dementia when players are older.

Fair comments. Getting rid of the scrum would be a start.

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 19:39 - Sep 23 with 1768 viewsWingstandwood

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 19:28 - Sep 23 by longlostjack

Fair comments. Getting rid of the scrum would be a start.

It's a tough game, some of the hits these players take now are mind-blowing.

I read that American footballer Mark Gastineau who made the tabloids for dating Holywood actress Bridgette Nielsen is suffering from all of the three conditions I previously mentioned i.e. chronic traumatic encephalopathy, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimers disease.

He wore heavy padding and helmets for protection, I reckon the hits our rugby players are taking are likely to be even more damaging.

Argus!

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 20:28 - Sep 23 with 1732 viewsdickythorpe

The modern game at the very top level is brutal.
RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 20:35 - Sep 23 with 1721 viewsSwanjaxs

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 18:47 - Sep 23 by WarwickHunt

WTF is "tidlewinks"?

You dont want to know mate trust me! It was often played out in the backroom of the Eagle Inn after shutout... that's all I'm saying like 👀

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 20:45 - Sep 23 with 1696 viewsmonmouth

It was never envisaged that such heavy fast men would be hurtling into one another. The game was simply not designed for that. It’s meant for forwards to get the ball and backs to run or pass around their opponents not into them

Making all players stay on the pitch for the full game would be a start, then depower the scrum, reintroduce proper rucking, and tie the flankers into set piece to give the backs a few more seconds space. Oh and enforce straight put ins and, especially, enforce proper defensive offside lines.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 21:03 - Sep 23 with 1674 viewslonglostjack

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 19:39 - Sep 23 by Wingstandwood

It's a tough game, some of the hits these players take now are mind-blowing.

I read that American footballer Mark Gastineau who made the tabloids for dating Holywood actress Bridgette Nielsen is suffering from all of the three conditions I previously mentioned i.e. chronic traumatic encephalopathy, Parkinson's disease and Alzheimers disease.

He wore heavy padding and helmets for protection, I reckon the hits our rugby players are taking are likely to be even more damaging.

They need to sort it out. Steroid abuse too.

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 21:16 - Sep 23 with 1643 viewsSwanjaxs

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 21:03 - Sep 23 by longlostjack

Steroid abuse is the worse and I should know! The side effects are:
Rapid weight gain
Lowering of the vocal cords
Excess facial hair and most alarming
Unexpected mood swings...
I've told the wife if she doesn't stop taking them I'm divorcing her 😢

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 21:19 - Sep 23 with 1638 viewssherpajacob

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 13:23 - Sep 23 by dickythorpe

Give the cup to New Zealand now.

You are a RWC referee and I claim my £5.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 23:19 - Sep 23 with 1576 viewsbonymine

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 18:50 - Sep 23 by Darran

It’s the Gnoll and the only time I’ve ever been there was to watch the Swans in a pre-season friendly.
Prick.

Steven Caulker’s debut if I remember rightly Darr I was there too 👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 00:32 - Sep 24 with 1551 viewstheloneranger

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 21:03 - Sep 23 by longlostjack

It's not only steroid abuse that's become a massive problem in the game, it's also players being addicted to prescription painkillers.

Addiction to Tramadol and Codeine has become rife in rugby. Players are also taking vast quantities of anti-inflammatory drugs like Diclofenac, and to overcome tiredness and lethargy take large amounts of caffeine.

None of these drugs are on the WADA list.

Talk about a Ticking Time Bomb!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 07:16 - Sep 24 with 1486 viewspikeypaul

Next 8 games up to Wales v Australia the biggest price on any of the favs is 1/10 can’t get excited about these massively one sided games.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 08:16 - Sep 24 with 1465 viewsMrSwerve

Bradley Davies called up for injured Cory Hill.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

RUGBY WORLD CUP 2019 THREAD on 09:53 - Sep 25 with 1357 viewsCountyJim

Hate the egg chasing but had free quid bet on Ladbrokes for RWC so looking at the odds the established teams odds are really rubbish Fiji 1/50 for example so put my quid on Uruguay 18/1
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024