Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . 09:36 - Sep 17 with 2509 viewstheloneranger

"Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed by his mum’s jealous ex, three years before cricketer’s birth"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9941347/ben-stokes-brother-sister-killed/

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 16:44 - Sep 17 with 681 viewsJackfath

And yet people still keep on buying the paper.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 16:55 - Sep 17 with 658 viewslondonlisa2001

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 16:38 - Sep 17 by bluey_the_blue

That's the only thing I agree with you, on a limited point.

The woman's claims are certainly, not blaming it or excusing the actions based upon the mums alleged actions but certainly not helping.

That, I'd agree with you.

Question is, was Stokes ever aware of the story breaking, was he ever asked for comment / rebuttal.

Censoring the entire tragic murder on the other hand is completely wrong. It's something that sadly happened.

What?

Sorry, are you suggesting that his mother is partially to blame?

And in some way intimating that I said that?

You’d better not be Bluey. Seriously.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:00 - Sep 17 with 644 viewsbluey_the_blue

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 16:55 - Sep 17 by londonlisa2001

What?

Sorry, are you suggesting that his mother is partially to blame?

And in some way intimating that I said that?

You’d better not be Bluey. Seriously.

Lisa, your comprehension issue there is a you problem not a me problem.

I'm agreeing with you to a degree. I read some of the comments by the woman, can be interpreted as saying that her dad's actions were triggered to a degree by Stokes mum - or that's what she appears to be intimating. THAT I condemn.

THAT however is a direct quote from the woman; should any newspaper censor that comment? I don't agree - if that intimation by that woman is incorrect, then of course it should be challenged.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:07 - Sep 17 with 628 viewslondonlisa2001

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:00 - Sep 17 by bluey_the_blue

Lisa, your comprehension issue there is a you problem not a me problem.

I'm agreeing with you to a degree. I read some of the comments by the woman, can be interpreted as saying that her dad's actions were triggered to a degree by Stokes mum - or that's what she appears to be intimating. THAT I condemn.

THAT however is a direct quote from the woman; should any newspaper censor that comment? I don't agree - if that intimation by that woman is incorrect, then of course it should be challenged.

My comprehension is made difficult by the lack of precision in your previous post. I made zero reference to any comment made within the article. None.

Your post could have meant anything at all as it made no sense whatsoever in that context. Indeed, in any context as it happens.

The whole thing shouldn't be on the front page of the Sun. It is a horrible, unspeakable thing for them to do.

I cannot for the life of me imagine why you can’t see it. I really can’t. As for your speculation about blame, or your frankly disgusting interpretation of events, I think you need to look at yourself.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:10 - Sep 17 with 625 viewsdickythorpe

I know it's me posting but let's stop this thread from being a slanging match.

An awful human tragedy occurred and it's a human triumph of Stokes's mother that she carried on with her life.

This a horrible story and should have never seen the light of day.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:15 - Sep 17 with 608 viewsbluey_the_blue

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:07 - Sep 17 by londonlisa2001

My comprehension is made difficult by the lack of precision in your previous post. I made zero reference to any comment made within the article. None.

Your post could have meant anything at all as it made no sense whatsoever in that context. Indeed, in any context as it happens.

The whole thing shouldn't be on the front page of the Sun. It is a horrible, unspeakable thing for them to do.

I cannot for the life of me imagine why you can’t see it. I really can’t. As for your speculation about blame, or your frankly disgusting interpretation of events, I think you need to look at yourself.

I'm not speculating on blame. I referred to the direct comments from the woman in the article. I've also pointed out that's the part of it I'm not happy about because it reads as if the woman is trying to apportion a semblance of blame.

Sun's position is Stokes and representatives were aware of the story, contacted prior to publication so had full rights to comment, correct, request non publication etc.

Can't pretend it never happened - I'm sure everyone wishes it had never happened.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:19 - Sep 17 with 599 viewslondonlisa2001

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:10 - Sep 17 by dickythorpe

I know it's me posting but let's stop this thread from being a slanging match.

An awful human tragedy occurred and it's a human triumph of Stokes's mother that she carried on with her life.

This a horrible story and should have never seen the light of day.

While I agree that a slanging match is not useful, so far in this thread Bluey has suggested that Stokes would be likely to seek to profit from his family’s tragedy and then has suggested that there is both a suggestion (which in his eyes may or may not be correct) that it is in some way her fault and also that Stokes should have had the chance to refute that.

I’m sorry dicky, but there are comments and positions which go far beyond what should be acceptable to any normal discourse. And when they do it is perfectly reasonable for the person doing so to be called out on it.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:23 - Sep 17 with 589 viewsbluey_the_blue

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:19 - Sep 17 by londonlisa2001

While I agree that a slanging match is not useful, so far in this thread Bluey has suggested that Stokes would be likely to seek to profit from his family’s tragedy and then has suggested that there is both a suggestion (which in his eyes may or may not be correct) that it is in some way her fault and also that Stokes should have had the chance to refute that.

I’m sorry dicky, but there are comments and positions which go far beyond what should be acceptable to any normal discourse. And when they do it is perfectly reasonable for the person doing so to be called out on it.

Lisa,

I've not said his mum was in anyway , shape or form to blame nor do I believe that. With all due respect, she could be banging the entire male population of NZ, that wouldn't in any way justify the actions of the murderer. I've said the comments of the woman in the article are the bit I dislike where she's seeming to apportion blame where none should be.
Login to get fewer ads

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:25 - Sep 17 with 588 viewsdickythorpe

Lisa you are very forthright in your views and of course have every right to take someone to task over a viewpoint you disagree with.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:30 - Sep 17 with 578 viewsmonmouth

"With all due respect, she could be banging the entire male population of NZ"

Yep that's dripping with respect Bluey, fair play.

How about 'She carries no blame whatsoever for this lunatic's actions and should never have been subjected to this further ordeal after already suffering so much'.

Is that so hard? Really?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:33 - Sep 17 with 571 viewslondonlisa2001

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:23 - Sep 17 by bluey_the_blue

Lisa,

I've not said his mum was in anyway , shape or form to blame nor do I believe that. With all due respect, she could be banging the entire male population of NZ, that wouldn't in any way justify the actions of the murderer. I've said the comments of the woman in the article are the bit I dislike where she's seeming to apportion blame where none should be.

Bluey, you said:

“I get the point Stokes dislikes the narrative presented by the woman. That doesn't in itself mean no paper ever should even mention it.”

You then said:

“if that intimation by that woman is incorrect”.

And you’ve just said ‘even if she was banging the entire male population of NZ’.

Do you not see that those are horrific comments to be making?
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:38 - Sep 17 with 560 viewsbluey_the_blue

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:33 - Sep 17 by londonlisa2001

Bluey, you said:

“I get the point Stokes dislikes the narrative presented by the woman. That doesn't in itself mean no paper ever should even mention it.”

You then said:

“if that intimation by that woman is incorrect”.

And you’ve just said ‘even if she was banging the entire male population of NZ’.

Do you not see that those are horrific comments to be making?

1) Point being, should any news media censor direct quotes?

2) You have to accept her claims might be true, might be false. I'd suggest more likely to be false - as I said, irrelevant to the intimation the murderers actions can ever be excused.

3) Hyperbolic exaggeration to show my view than the actions of the murderer can never be excused.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:43 - Sep 17 with 551 viewslondonlisa2001

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:38 - Sep 17 by bluey_the_blue

1) Point being, should any news media censor direct quotes?

2) You have to accept her claims might be true, might be false. I'd suggest more likely to be false - as I said, irrelevant to the intimation the murderers actions can ever be excused.

3) Hyperbolic exaggeration to show my view than the actions of the murderer can never be excused.

She hasn’t made any quotes that insinuate what you are suggesting. She hasn’t made any claims.

Or at least, she hasn’t done in that article.

It’s you that are making the claims, not her.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:57 - Sep 17 with 534 viewsbluey_the_blue

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:43 - Sep 17 by londonlisa2001

She hasn’t made any quotes that insinuate what you are suggesting. She hasn’t made any claims.

Or at least, she hasn’t done in that article.

It’s you that are making the claims, not her.

Article was updated, looking at it. Suspect lines were taken out.

So storm in a teacup then.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 18:04 - Sep 17 with 528 viewslondonlisa2001

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:57 - Sep 17 by bluey_the_blue

Jesus.

You really are surpassing yourself.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 18:11 - Sep 17 with 521 viewsmonmouth

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 17:57 - Sep 17 by bluey_the_blue

It was the EU wot done it.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 18:11]

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 18:13 - Sep 17 with 514 viewsbluey_the_blue

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 18:04 - Sep 17 by londonlisa2001

Jesus.

You really are surpassing yourself.

Wrong.

There was a comment along the lines of an affair. That's not in the article. Unless I'm going incredibly mad, was there originally.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 18:19 - Sep 17 with 507 viewslondonlisa2001

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 18:13 - Sep 17 by bluey_the_blue

Wrong.

There was a comment along the lines of an affair. That's not in the article. Unless I'm going incredibly mad, was there originally.

It was the ‘storm in a teacup’ comment Bluey.

Ffs - this lady had two children murdered and the story dragged through the gutter press for absolutely no reason. No public interest whatsoever. And you are saying it’s a storm in a teacup?

I’d suggest it’s not a ‘storm in a teacup’ for the family involved.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 18:32 - Sep 17 with 489 viewsGwyn737

Sadly, the free press (which is essential) is being subverted to sell papers.

This story today and the RNLI one yesterday came from the two paid for publications with the highest uk circulation. What does that say?

To me and to most on here both stories are mean and unnecessary, but there is a clear thirst for it. Bonkers.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 18:41 - Sep 17 with 470 viewsDarran

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 18:32 - Sep 17 by Gwyn737

Sadly, the free press (which is essential) is being subverted to sell papers.

This story today and the RNLI one yesterday came from the two paid for publications with the highest uk circulation. What does that say?

To me and to most on here both stories are mean and unnecessary, but there is a clear thirst for it. Bonkers.

Well said Butt. When The Sun checks it’s stats for today they’ll be rubbing their hands with glee.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 18:43 - Sep 17 with 466 viewsmonmouth

Just a quick note of thanks to DGT. Words can’t express how relieved I am. Ta butt.

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 18:44 - Sep 17 with 462 viewsmonmouth

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 18:43 - Sep 17 by monmouth

Just a quick note of thanks to DGT. Words can’t express how relieved I am. Ta butt.

Oops wrong thread, maybe he’s right after all.

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 19:23 - Sep 17 with 424 viewsexiledclaseboy

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:41 - Sep 17 by bluey_the_blue

It's an event that happened in his family history, Lisa.

Cynical old me has little doubt it would be written about / ghost written in his inevitable autobiography. Even more cynical me has little doubt it would be a main point in excerpt serialisation in a newspaper, no doubt a more upmarket one.

I get the point Stokes dislikes the narrative presented by the woman. That doesn't in itself mean no paper ever should even mention it.

“Cynical old me has little doubt it would be written about / ghost written in his inevitable autobiography. Even more cynical me has little doubt it would be a main point in excerpt serialisation in a newspaper, no doubt a more upmarket one.”

He’s already released one autobiography and it wasn’t mentioned. Hardly surprising seeing as all of this happened before he was born. So cynical old you is actually wrong old you. Colour me shocked.

Poll: Tory leader

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 19:49 - Sep 17 with 396 viewsNortbankboy

Gutter press along with mail controlled by Zionist
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 20:13 - Sep 17 with 373 viewsSirjohnalot

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 13:49 - Sep 17 by Darran

Have you read the article John?

No.
Piece of shit paper. Wouldn’t touch it. Disgusting and loathsome thing to do. Quite why anyone buys this rag is beyond me.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024