Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . 09:36 - Sep 17 with 2510 viewstheloneranger

"Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed by his mum’s jealous ex, three years before cricketer’s birth"

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/9941347/ben-stokes-brother-sister-killed/

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 10:29 - Sep 17 with 1389 viewsCooperman

Why has Jacqui chosen to now make this public knowledge?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 10:32 - Sep 17 with 1376 viewsDarran

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 10:29 - Sep 17 by Cooperman

Why has Jacqui chosen to now make this public knowledge?

Muhammad Ali sorted him out.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 10:35 - Sep 17 with 1372 viewsdickythorpe

That's shocking!!! Sick and evil.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 11:07 - Sep 17 with 1338 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 11:29 - Sep 17 with 1306 viewsDarran

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 11:07 - Sep 17 by jackharris

He shouldn’t have replied to it in my opinion. Nobody should. Nobody should reply,retweet,nothing.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 11:58]

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 11:29 - Sep 17 with 1309 viewsCooperman

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 11:07 - Sep 17 by jackharris

I guess Jacqui didn’t have the blessings of the family when opening up to the gutter press.

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 13:44 - Sep 17 with 1189 viewsEbo

Front page of the s*n and in the top corner a tiny article about Boris's no show with the Luxembourg PM. Utter utter scum.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 13:49 - Sep 17 with 1171 viewsDarran

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 13:44 - Sep 17 by Ebo

Front page of the s*n and in the top corner a tiny article about Boris's no show with the Luxembourg PM. Utter utter scum.

Have you read the article John?

Login to get fewer ads

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 13:50 - Sep 17 with 1166 viewsLohengrin

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 13:44 - Sep 17 by Ebo

It’s not ‘News’ at all. This has nothing to do with the public let alone the public interest. It’s just a repulsive sort of voyeurism on private family grief.

Feckin’ disgusting.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 14:31 - Sep 17 with 1106 viewsperchrockjack

I am in full agreement with Ebo and Loh.

Filth like this unites those of a decent mindset.

The Sun is rightly reviled up this way.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 14:44 - Sep 17 with 1097 viewsbluey_the_blue

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 13:50 - Sep 17 by Lohengrin

It’s not ‘News’ at all. This has nothing to do with the public let alone the public interest. It’s just a repulsive sort of voyeurism on private family grief.

Feckin’ disgusting.

It's a human interest story.

News? Not really. no.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 14:49 - Sep 17 with 1085 viewsmonmouth

All true about the Sun, but it's a bit like blaming a rattlesnake for behaving like a rattlesnake.

Unless I've missed something, I can't really see why Stokes anger isn't targeted more at the other snake involved. The one happily pictured, that has presumably been paid, or is looking for her 15 minutes of fame on the back of his current success.

Whatever, its time the statutory criminal law was changed to stop this and these scum made to realise that a public interest defence doesnt mean what the public is interested in. A couple of £10 million fines if it were not genuinely in the public interest would soon put a stop to it. They could still report on when Stokes drunkenly beats up innocent people.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 14:55 - Sep 17 with 1072 viewsbluey_the_blue

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 14:49 - Sep 17 by monmouth

All true about the Sun, but it's a bit like blaming a rattlesnake for behaving like a rattlesnake.

Unless I've missed something, I can't really see why Stokes anger isn't targeted more at the other snake involved. The one happily pictured, that has presumably been paid, or is looking for her 15 minutes of fame on the back of his current success.

Whatever, its time the statutory criminal law was changed to stop this and these scum made to realise that a public interest defence doesnt mean what the public is interested in. A couple of £10 million fines if it were not genuinely in the public interest would soon put a stop to it. They could still report on when Stokes drunkenly beats up innocent people.

So legislate to censor on what grounds?

What happened was a senseless, appalling tragedy but as I said, it's a human interest story. It happened; Stokes may want to brush it under the carpet for whatever reason, but it's a slippery slope when something like that is legislated against.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:02 - Sep 17 with 1055 viewsmonmouth

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 14:55 - Sep 17 by bluey_the_blue

So legislate to censor on what grounds?

What happened was a senseless, appalling tragedy but as I said, it's a human interest story. It happened; Stokes may want to brush it under the carpet for whatever reason, but it's a slippery slope when something like that is legislated against.

It's not in the public interest. 'Human Interest' is just celebrity bollocks that doesn't mean anything. But yes, I get the point. You are right in terms of practicalities. If the family (and that woman is a member of the family) want to make something public, there's nothing that really can be done. I guess I'm just sick of our scummy culture that makes this voyeurism profitable.

That's why I thought Stokes should be targeting his fire at her, because he sure as shit isn't going to shame the sun into having any morals or ethics. They are probably laughing at him and clinking champagne at any extra sales right on reading his response.

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:12 - Sep 17 with 1044 viewsbluey_the_blue

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:02 - Sep 17 by monmouth

It's not in the public interest. 'Human Interest' is just celebrity bollocks that doesn't mean anything. But yes, I get the point. You are right in terms of practicalities. If the family (and that woman is a member of the family) want to make something public, there's nothing that really can be done. I guess I'm just sick of our scummy culture that makes this voyeurism profitable.

That's why I thought Stokes should be targeting his fire at her, because he sure as shit isn't going to shame the sun into having any morals or ethics. They are probably laughing at him and clinking champagne at any extra sales right on reading his response.

People are interested in reading about backstories on celebrities. It's a double edged sword, celebrities are happy enough to carefully stage paparrazzi shots after all, have agents leak positive stories.

I disagree with the Sun invective, I've little doubt Mirror would have done the same. After all, News International got the stick over phone hacking, yet Mirror I believe paid out more in compensation - and hacking occurred by Mirror first.

I agree with you Stokes should criticise the woman giving the story. On the whole though, that story is pretty sympathetic to Stokes, the closeness to his mum being highlighted. I also highly doubt Stokes was unaware the story was being run nor was asked for comment.

Would it be different for you if it had been a story written on a purely "factual" basis without the woman's comments?
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:26 - Sep 17 with 1019 viewsmonmouth

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:12 - Sep 17 by bluey_the_blue

People are interested in reading about backstories on celebrities. It's a double edged sword, celebrities are happy enough to carefully stage paparrazzi shots after all, have agents leak positive stories.

I disagree with the Sun invective, I've little doubt Mirror would have done the same. After all, News International got the stick over phone hacking, yet Mirror I believe paid out more in compensation - and hacking occurred by Mirror first.

I agree with you Stokes should criticise the woman giving the story. On the whole though, that story is pretty sympathetic to Stokes, the closeness to his mum being highlighted. I also highly doubt Stokes was unaware the story was being run nor was asked for comment.

Would it be different for you if it had been a story written on a purely "factual" basis without the woman's comments?

Jesus you even try whatabouttery on a shitrag just because it's a tory shitrag. Who cares about any other equally culpable shitrag.

Noto the last bit. This is not a story that needs to be published at all. It is in no one's interest other than the scum making money out of other peoples misery.

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:31 - Sep 17 with 1000 viewslondonlisa2001

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:26 - Sep 17 by monmouth

Jesus you even try whatabouttery on a shitrag just because it's a tory shitrag. Who cares about any other equally culpable shitrag.

Noto the last bit. This is not a story that needs to be published at all. It is in no one's interest other than the scum making money out of other peoples misery.

To the surprise of no one, Bluey is unable to distinguish between things that are in the public interest and things that the public are interested in.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:38 - Sep 17 with 976 viewsCooperman

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:12 - Sep 17 by bluey_the_blue

I was certain that you’d be one of the first to declare the stance that you have.

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:41 - Sep 17 with 973 viewsbluey_the_blue

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:31 - Sep 17 by londonlisa2001

To the surprise of no one, Bluey is unable to distinguish between things that are in the public interest and things that the public are interested in.

It's an event that happened in his family history, Lisa.

Cynical old me has little doubt it would be written about / ghost written in his inevitable autobiography. Even more cynical me has little doubt it would be a main point in excerpt serialisation in a newspaper, no doubt a more upmarket one.

I get the point Stokes dislikes the narrative presented by the woman. That doesn't in itself mean no paper ever should even mention it.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:44 - Sep 17 with 963 viewssquarebear

Wait a minute. I'm mingling with Sun readers on here? That'll mean an extra scrub with the carbolic when I get home.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:47 - Sep 17 with 959 viewslondonlisa2001

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:41 - Sep 17 by bluey_the_blue

It's an event that happened in his family history, Lisa.

Cynical old me has little doubt it would be written about / ghost written in his inevitable autobiography. Even more cynical me has little doubt it would be a main point in excerpt serialisation in a newspaper, no doubt a more upmarket one.

I get the point Stokes dislikes the narrative presented by the woman. That doesn't in itself mean no paper ever should even mention it.

It is a grotesque and doubtless deeply hurtful invasion of the privacy of his mother who has not put herself in the public eye.

You have absolutely no idea whether he would have ever chosen to mention it. Even less idea whether he would have done so for material gain. And if he had, at least his mother would have had the opportunity to agree or otherwise to that publication.
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:51 - Sep 17 with 950 viewsLohengrin

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:47 - Sep 17 by londonlisa2001

It is a grotesque and doubtless deeply hurtful invasion of the privacy of his mother who has not put herself in the public eye.

You have absolutely no idea whether he would have ever chosen to mention it. Even less idea whether he would have done so for material gain. And if he had, at least his mother would have had the opportunity to agree or otherwise to that publication.

I know he wouldn’t, Lis. I’ve read his recent autobiography.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:59 - Sep 17 with 933 viewsWarwickHunt

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:44 - Sep 17 by squarebear

Wait a minute. I'm mingling with Sun readers on here? That'll mean an extra scrub with the carbolic when I get home.

You've only just noticed?
STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 16:38 - Sep 17 with 893 viewsDarran

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:44 - Sep 17 by squarebear

I haven’t read it that’s why I asked Ebo the question above. Most people can’t help themselves.

Also this isn’t a go at The Wirral one but how many people on Merseyside have had Sky tv and even though Klopp said he’s not going to talk to The Sun you haven’t seen Liverpool FC refusing Murdochs Sky money.

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 16:38 - Sep 17 with 894 viewsbluey_the_blue

STOKES' SECRET TRAGEDY Ashes hero Ben Stokes’ brother and sister were killed . on 15:47 - Sep 17 by londonlisa2001

That's the only thing I agree with you, on a limited point.

The woman's claims are certainly, not blaming it or excusing the actions based upon the mums alleged actions but certainly not helping.

That, I'd agree with you.

Question is, was Stokes ever aware of the story breaking, was he ever asked for comment / rebuttal.

Censoring the entire tragic murder on the other hand is completely wrong. It's something that sadly happened.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024