Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What song takes you right back... 10:31 - Sep 17 with 696 viewslegoman

....to a specific time?

I just heard Boston's "More than a feeling" which is one of my all time top 10 songs. Whenever I hear it I'm right back in my first year student digs on the Hagley Road in Birmingham in the autumn of 1976. I like many of the time, was a big fan of the Alan Freeman Radio 1 show every Saturday afternoon. He always seemed to play something slightly different as well as new stuff from the US.

I remember thinking that the mid 70s was a pretty lousy time for me on the music front and I was blown away when I first heard Alan play this. I remember trawling the record shops of central Birmingham trying to buy a copy of the LP.

So, what song takes you right back and what were your circumstances?

"M'sieur, you said your dog did not bite!" "That's not my dog"

What song takes you right back... on 12:02 - Sep 17 with 667 viewsdickythorpe

Depeche Mode's "Enjoy the silence" to me is very powerful.
I'd only just just started raiding my older sisters music collection and listened to "Speak & Spell" plus "The singles 81- 85"
They sounded so different to what was the norm, and seemed to be far more deeper and real to me than anything else.

The music video of the King climbing the mountain to sit in solitude and perfect tranquility on a deckchair resonated along with the lyrics "all I ever wanted is here in my arms" , " words are meaningless and forgettable"

The song used to be used on radio Wales whilst I was travelling with my dad and grandpa on a Saturday and just being with them was "all I ever wanted , all I ever needed".

Plus even now the song and the video can help me realise what I HAVE got is far better than what I THINK I want.

I suppose there are times in my life I've been chasing things that I thought I needed but really didn't.

So keep all your wealth, status, fancy cars, houses etc and just plonk me in the open air on the top of a mountain looking at fantastic tranquil views.

That's all I ever wanted and it was always there.
What song takes you right back... on 12:35 - Sep 17 with 648 viewsCatullus

I was at my local Social club playing snooker. On the radio was Queen's "You're my best friend" The Steward called me to the phone and it was my Aunty ringing to tell me my Gran had died. I got in the car, radio on with all the romantic dribble being played, drove to the hospital.

I've hated Valentines day ever since.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

What song takes you right back... on 14:16 - Sep 17 with 618 viewsperchrockjack

Temptation.Everlys

First song that turned me on to harmony of the closest kind.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

What song takes you right back... on 15:17 - Sep 18 with 568 viewsLibertarian

Martin Solveig & Dragonette - Hello

Takes me back to 30 May 2011
What song takes you right back... on 15:51 - Sep 18 with 545 viewsbonymine

Belinda Carlisle ....Heaven is a Place on Earth.

Back in 1993 as my Mam was passing away at Morriston Hospital it came on the radio in the Ward....have had goosebumps but with a warm glow inside every time I’ve heard it since over the years.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

What song takes you right back... on 16:28 - Sep 18 with 520 viewsVincent_Vega

Queen - I want it all (just before going to collect my GCSE results had it blasting in my room)

Louise - naked (summer of 96, don't know why. probably because it was the only NOW album I had I remember good weather)

Anything by mamas and the papas (reminds me of family holidays as my parents would play it constantly in the car while driving)

Reflekt feat. Deline bass - Need to feel loved (IBEEEEFFFAAA)

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

What song takes you right back... on 18:13 - Sep 18 with 488 viewsTNT

'Celina'

Last Saturday.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

What song takes you right back... on 19:19 - Sep 18 with 466 views1983

Sweet Caroline Neil Diamond

Holding someone who was very close to me and singing this,the next day she died

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024