Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dexterous 13:54 - Sep 17 with 540 viewsLohengrin

An everyday adjective and this is what it looks like...

Thinking about learning guitar or just started? I hope that hasn’t disheartened you too much!

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Dexterous on 14:22 - Sep 17 with 501 viewsperchrockjack

Loh.Couple of years ago,I went over to Liverpool (no offence) ;there was a D28 for sale ,just a few years old.

I took my Guild D55 Bluegrass to compare and me and the seller had a little jam and he says," I know what yo're gonna say.I would too. My trusty Guild out banged it and the tone is not discernably different unless you are a recording engineer..

Martin is much dearer and imo overpriced as ,right now,they are not what they were.

I appreciate quality guitars mature and sound better with time but ,frankly,they are poor value for money but have been a popular choice.That said,if Guilds were ok for Paul Simon,Richie Havens and Bonnie Raitt then I ll stick with mine.

Only guitar of mine that is noticeably different is the Breedlove Concert.

IMO,however,top end Taylors are the dog's knackers

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Dexterous on 22:43 - Sep 17 with 438 viewsCatullus

I'll stick to plucking my banjo string! I can't get to grips with anything larger.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Dexterous on 08:01 - Sep 18 with 385 viewsWarwickHunt

Dexterous on 14:22 - Sep 17 by perchrockjack

Loh.Couple of years ago,I went over to Liverpool (no offence) ;there was a D28 for sale ,just a few years old.

I took my Guild D55 Bluegrass to compare and me and the seller had a little jam and he says," I know what yo're gonna say.I would too. My trusty Guild out banged it and the tone is not discernably different unless you are a recording engineer..

Martin is much dearer and imo overpriced as ,right now,they are not what they were.

I appreciate quality guitars mature and sound better with time but ,frankly,they are poor value for money but have been a popular choice.That said,if Guilds were ok for Paul Simon,Richie Havens and Bonnie Raitt then I ll stick with mine.

Only guitar of mine that is noticeably different is the Breedlove Concert.

IMO,however,top end Taylors are the dog's knackers

Martins come with Martin strings - put Elixir phosphor bronze on and you’ll notice a huge difference.

Top end Taylors are superb, I’d probably go for a Cole Clark or a Maton if I was going to spend that sort of money though.

Ayers (Vietnam) or Seagull’s Artist range (part of Godin) are probably the best for value. The baby Taylors are a bargain too.
Dexterous on 09:08 - Sep 18 with 360 viewsperchrockjack

Not sure they would make that much difference to my Guild.

I have on those strings on Guilds .

I use D 'Addario on the Breedlove and they suit that one

Anyway, dexterous!

Dexterous on 09:17 - Sep 18 with 353 viewsWarwickHunt

Dexterous on 09:08 - Sep 18 by perchrockjack

Not sure they would make that much difference to my Guild.

I have on those strings on Guilds .

I use D 'Addario on the Breedlove and they suit that one

Anyway, dexterous!

Ted.
Dexterous on 09:20 - Sep 18 with 352 viewsperchrockjack

lol.

Watched 2 progs yesterday.

Mamas and the Papas and a paean to Scott Walker ,who so influenced many.

Didnt know of John Philip's incestuous relationship with his daughter over many years,another talent destroyed by drugs.

I can tell you playing California Dreaming driving down the Mumbles Rd to Langland still resonates. (I had a car at 17).Rich ,see.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024