Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rob Howley Sent Home! 15:50 - Sep 17 with 6347 viewsjackharris

Betting Scandal allegedly?

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 18:36 - Sep 17 with 1471 viewsmagicdaps10

Bet on England winning the WC.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 18:41 - Sep 17 with 1456 viewsepaul

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 18:36 - Sep 17 by magicdaps10

Bet on England winning the WC.

6 grand apparently

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 18:47 - Sep 17 with 1444 viewsmonmouth

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 18:41 - Sep 17 by epaul

6 grand apparently

OMFG. That’ll play well in Wales.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 18:51 - Sep 17 with 1435 viewsMrSwerve

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 18:47 - Sep 17 by monmouth

Not true surely?

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 18:54 - Sep 17 with 1429 viewsmonmouth

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 18:51 - Sep 17 by MrSwerve

Not true surely?

Hope not. For his own sake. It’s probably a decent shout though. The bet I mean, not that he did it.

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 06:57 - Sep 18 with 1263 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 18:47 - Sep 17 by monmouth

Can’t wait for the book. The novel I mean, obviously....

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 08:01 - Sep 18 with 1223 viewsSirjohnalot

Can’t see him being stupid enough to bet on a rival surely ? Even betting on Wales would be enough to fall foul of the regs but, I’d have sympathy if that’s what he done. (Doubt it if it is that)
Rob Howley Sent Home! on 13:03 - Sep 18 with 1124 viewsSwanjaxs

Flying home as we speak, due back in at Heathrow tomorrow at 10 to 1 apparently

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Login to get fewer ads

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 13:13 - Sep 18 with 1110 viewsmonmouth

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 13:03 - Sep 18 by Swanjaxs

WRU said he’s back in Wales?

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 13:19 - Sep 18 with 1101 viewsWarwickHunt

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 13:13 - Sep 18 by monmouth

Wanna bet?
Rob Howley Sent Home! on 13:24 - Sep 18 with 1097 viewsbuilthjack

He bet on who would get the most publicity. Wales, or Gareth Thomas..

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 13:25 - Sep 18 with 1096 viewsJoe_bradshaw

he's landed within the last hour.

He didn't bet on England. He was very stupid quite a few months ago and the bookie has only recently brought it to light.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 13:33 - Sep 18 with 1077 viewsSwanjaxs

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 13:13 - Sep 18 by monmouth

😧

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 13:34 - Sep 18 with 1077 viewsDarran

He’ll probably shed a few crocodile tears in front of a camera shortly claiming he’s got a gambling addiction and people will feel sorry for him.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 13:43 - Sep 18 with 1062 viewsmonmouth

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 13:34 - Sep 18 by Darran

He’ll probably shed a few crocodile tears in front of a camera shortly claiming he’s got a gambling addiction and people will feel sorry for him.

Yep poor lamb is 'devastated' apparently.

From the Grauniad

Speaking from Wales’s World Cup base in Kitakyushu on Wednesday morning, the WRU chief executive, Martyn Phillips, outlined in detail the timeline of how Howley came to leave Japan. “We were contacted informally on Wednesday of last week to suggest there was a potential breach of regulation six. It came from one of the betting company’s integrity teams,” he said.

“We were then contacted formally with further information on Friday evening and at that point we informed World Rugby there was a potential breach and we would be seeking face-to-face time with Rob. We reached the decision on Saturday that we were best placed to come out to Japan.

“That triggered the formal process we’re now in and it will carry on back in Wales. It is a serious allegation about Rob. He’s our employee and we have a duty of care to him. I can assure you that has been a major factor we’ve considered over the last few days.

“Rob is back in Wales and we have put the necessary support around him. We’re checking in on his wellbeing as we formalise our processes to get through the investigation.”

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 13:47 - Sep 18 with 1045 viewsDarran

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 13:43 - Sep 18 by monmouth

Yep poor lamb is 'devastated' apparently.

From the Grauniad

Speaking from Wales’s World Cup base in Kitakyushu on Wednesday morning, the WRU chief executive, Martyn Phillips, outlined in detail the timeline of how Howley came to leave Japan. “We were contacted informally on Wednesday of last week to suggest there was a potential breach of regulation six. It came from one of the betting company’s integrity teams,” he said.

“We were then contacted formally with further information on Friday evening and at that point we informed World Rugby there was a potential breach and we would be seeking face-to-face time with Rob. We reached the decision on Saturday that we were best placed to come out to Japan.

“That triggered the formal process we’re now in and it will carry on back in Wales. It is a serious allegation about Rob. He’s our employee and we have a duty of care to him. I can assure you that has been a major factor we’ve considered over the last few days.

“Rob is back in Wales and we have put the necessary support around him. We’re checking in on his wellbeing as we formalise our processes to get through the investigation.”

I was talking to a psychologist (not as a patient 🤣) about counselling recently. You seem to be able to get it if you see a spider catching a fly these days. As you said,poor lamb.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 14:16 - Sep 18 with 1016 viewsWingstandwood

People with a gambling addiction have always been a fascination to me, its the sheer self destructiveness of it all and the inability to stop.

A friend of my father was on the way to becoming a millionaire owning a large HGV haulage business, he blew the lot, lost everything including his marriage.

Argus!

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 14:36 - Sep 18 with 998 viewsPozuelosSideys

Interesting timing though. If the betting regulatory people knew about this months ago, why call it now? Why not last week? Or last month?

It looks bad on the whole sport

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 16:44 - Sep 18 with 919 viewsthornabyswan

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 13:34 - Sep 18 by Darran

He does have a gambling addiction.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 16:47 - Sep 18 with 914 viewsjack247

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 16:44 - Sep 18 by thornabyswan

He does have a gambling addiction.

Is that for sure and reasonably well known then? I find it strange that he’d still be in position had it been an open secret within the WRU
Rob Howley Sent Home! on 16:52 - Sep 18 with 907 viewsthornabyswan

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 16:47 - Sep 18 by jack247

Is that for sure and reasonably well known then? I find it strange that he’d still be in position had it been an open secret within the WRU

Yes it's been well known for years.
Not saying he has broken any rules before this one.

But all very sad imagine what it's like for his family.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 16:53]

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 17:08 - Sep 18 with 878 viewsJango

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 16:52 - Sep 18 by thornabyswan

Yes it's been well known for years.
Not saying he has broken any rules before this one.

But all very sad imagine what it's like for his family.
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 16:53]

Not sure where the info came from but one of the lads in work seems to think he lumped a lot of money a few months back on Rhys Webb not making the final World Cup squad. Maybe that’s why the bookies are only now coming forward.
Rob Howley Sent Home! on 17:17 - Sep 18 with 863 viewsPozuelosSideys

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 17:08 - Sep 18 by Jango

Not sure where the info came from but one of the lads in work seems to think he lumped a lot of money a few months back on Rhys Webb not making the final World Cup squad. Maybe that’s why the bookies are only now coming forward.

Rhys Webb isnt, and hasnt been available to play for Wales for at least the last 2 years due to him playing for Toulon in France. He is not eligible, so somebody is chatting shite.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 17:33 - Sep 18 with 833 viewsJango

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 17:17 - Sep 18 by PozuelosSideys

Rhys Webb isnt, and hasnt been available to play for Wales for at least the last 2 years due to him playing for Toulon in France. He is not eligible, so somebody is chatting shite.

Rhys Webb has nipped in the bud the strong speculation surrounding his future by accepting he is unlikely to play for Wales again until his contract at Toulon ends in 2021.

With the countdown on to the 2019 World Cup in Japan, Webb has been at the centre of rumours that he could try and manufacture a way out of the French club in order to make himself available for Warren Gatland’s finals squad.

Maybe this was the period he’s put the bet on if true. Just adding a rumour I’ve heard to the thread.
Rob Howley Sent Home! on 17:42 - Sep 18 with 818 viewsHighjack

Rob Howley Sent Home! on 13:03 - Sep 18 by Swanjaxs

You can get better odds for him landing in Bristol.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024