Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cardiff Rivalry 16:16 - Sep 17 with 21097 viewsGammon

Does anyone else find it a bit tedious? I actually quite like the city of Cardiff. I work there 2 out of 5 days a week and it's a fantastic city now, hate to say it.

Their fans can be s**t heads but so can a minority of ours or any fanbase. I know in football a rivalry is required but if you're over the age of 30 and you still sing the anti-Cardiff songs, you need your head testing.

And why do we actually hate them? Because they're 45 minutes away by car?
The Cardiff Rivalry on 22:35 - Sep 17 with 1749 viewsLuther27

Don't water it down....beat them and we also ram it up the sycophantic so called Welsh media ala J Mohamed. It' means a lot to the long serving genuine supporters. Funny how the empty seats in the stadium will suddenly be filled for this match if it doesn't mean much.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 22:37 - Sep 17 with 1756 viewsThrasher6

The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:41 - Sep 17 by STID2017

Why does understanding football have to equal hate and violence ?

STID...I find you tedious.....this agenda you've got to show how square you are....how nicey nicey......so much of a do-gooder. I find people like you to be constantly striving to have a medal pinned on your chest....and it bores me sh*tless.....
Get this: I"ve supported us for going on 50 years...and having a tear up/sticking up for ourselves/not backing down etc...has been part of the experience..part and parcel of being a Jack. It's a dog eat dog world in being a football supporter. The weak don't survive. Go and support Wycombe if you want a stress free enviroment....
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 22:46]

Poll: Social Distancing: When will it be an obsolete word?

The Cardiff Rivalry on 00:43 - Sep 18 with 1696 viewsEbo

The Cardiff Rivalry on 19:57 - Sep 17 by Oldjack

because you lot contribute Jack shyte to create an atmos ,but still moan when there's no atmos ,just remember I went over there once on a freebie, NEVER AGAIN !

BLUE HIM Up!!

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The Cardiff Rivalry on 00:47 - Sep 18 with 1692 viewsjazzswan

Anyone remember Neale Kinnock Speech re. Derek Hatton at Liverpool City Council and Job Redundancies? I Quote " A LABOUR COUNCIL< LABOUR COUNCIL etc " Well this topic, honestly " A SWANSEA FORUM - A SWANSEA FORUM " please stop now! WE HATE CARDIFF, end of!!!
[Post edited 18 Sep 2019 0:48]
The Cardiff Rivalry on 01:11 - Sep 18 with 1677 viewsBazswan

Isn’t it obvious to all that Gammon is one of those rival fans pretending to be a fan of the other? Apologies if this has already been noted, but a bit baffled by people genuinely responding.

Gammon’s 5 topics created thus far:-

- Cardiff is a great place
- Swansea High Street is bad and disagrees with Wales Online article saying it’s good
- Our fans not wanting PL football - which was immediately posted on AAMB as reason to mock our fan base.
- Brighton looking excellent under Potter
- Everyone is old on the Swansea forum
The Cardiff Rivalry on 01:39 - Sep 18 with 1662 viewsDJack

What I do find funny is the number of people conflating the City of Card*ff and supporters of CCFC. I lived up there for two years (ok, Monday to Friday only) and I often wore Swans t-shirts/polo-tops and I only ever saw the odd smirk/wry grin...I never saw a Bluebird top (my Monday to Friday thing would have some bearing there).

I (sort of) worked with two CCFC fans one tried not to speak to me much and the other was great and had no issues and we had some light banter. Cardiff has a small chunk of the Bluebird following as it's the weirdos in the valleys that support them.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The Cardiff Rivalry on 01:49 - Sep 18 with 1653 viewsTimTtam

The Cardiff Rivalry on 01:11 - Sep 18 by Bazswan

Isn’t it obvious to all that Gammon is one of those rival fans pretending to be a fan of the other? Apologies if this has already been noted, but a bit baffled by people genuinely responding.

Gammon’s 5 topics created thus far:-

- Cardiff is a great place
- Swansea High Street is bad and disagrees with Wales Online article saying it’s good
- Our fans not wanting PL football - which was immediately posted on AAMB as reason to mock our fan base.
- Brighton looking excellent under Potter
- Everyone is old on the Swansea forum

Hahaha, very true. Why do they do it?

And funnily enough, I can't comment on the first 2 cause I don't live in the UK, but almost every fan wants the PL, Brighton haven't won since the opening day, and I'm 19

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Cardiff Rivalry on 02:46 - Sep 18 with 1647 viewsKilkennyjack

The league cup game .... first clash at Liberty ...

Evening Post headline
‘Gomez Grabs Glory for Kings of Welsh football’

South Wales Echo
‘City Fans Targeted in Stadium of Hate’

It was some atmosphere - and was the start of 10 glorious years for us Jacks.

Bye bye to Jason Mohammed, Sam Hamman, Earnie,Cavanagh, Rambo, gabbidon etc , the world just changed from blue to black and white.

Beware of the Risen People

Login to get fewer ads

The Cardiff Rivalry on 05:34 - Sep 18 with 1581 viewsProfessor

The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:35 - Sep 17 by bluey_the_blue

45 minutes away? Not at peak time it isn't.

I genuinely think Cardiff as a city has gone backwards especially in recent years under the Labour council.

We've endless "social engineering" in some areas to match the various Uni expansions - certain areas now firmly studentville, impacting on varied subjects such as parking, getting GP appointments ( our local surgery publish "non attendance" stats, around 90% being students ). Council agreed new builds of student accomodation which to the shock and surprise of literally nobody aren't being filled, thus developers wanting them to become non-student accomodation, something nobody could ever have forseen.

Yes, parts of the Bay have become quite nice but driving across Cardiff is a nightmare, there's only a few main ways each of which get snarled up fairly easily.

City centre? Endless coffee shops, cinemas. Yes, internet hasn't helped but when places with history like the Vulcan get pulled down... there's little regard for things that had history, make the city different. Sadly, for me it's becoming an identikit.

Having lived in Cardiff 94-97 and studied my PhD there I have a lot of time for the city. The city does not equate the football club and vice versa. I agree with you though, and DrW later, that as a city it has lost something. Its awfully generic in the centre. At least the Vulcan will re-emerge in St Fagan's, but I get your point about the old Brains pubs being knocked down. They were part of the fabric like a Clarks pie. The last few visits I have found it rather flat-the distinct vibe the Hayes and the Arcades created have been flattened by the 'usual' shops of every city. Certainly lacks the atmosphere and identity that Liverpool and Manchester retain. I find Bristol no better either.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 05:40 - Sep 18 with 1574 viewsSTID2017

The Cardiff Rivalry on 22:37 - Sep 17 by Thrasher6

STID...I find you tedious.....this agenda you've got to show how square you are....how nicey nicey......so much of a do-gooder. I find people like you to be constantly striving to have a medal pinned on your chest....and it bores me sh*tless.....
Get this: I"ve supported us for going on 50 years...and having a tear up/sticking up for ourselves/not backing down etc...has been part of the experience..part and parcel of being a Jack. It's a dog eat dog world in being a football supporter. The weak don't survive. Go and support Wycombe if you want a stress free enviroment....
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 22:46]

50 years - snap !
You'd know then that we have all endured a lot of good times and a hell of a lot of bad times and the stress that goes with it.
Yes I love nothing more than to beat Cardiff but I don't hate them, althougj I agree there are many reasons to dislike the arrogance that stems from many aspects of the club and the city.
Sorry I don't buy into the hatred and violence which you condone in many posts.
As this is obviously your bag why don't you bore off and follow a club like Millwall or West Ham where you can get your fill of this every game ?
BTW don't assume all in the East or North think the same as you, there are many around me in the East who are as sick of the hatred and violence we have all seen over the years of following Swans as I am.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Cardiff Rivalry on 06:06 - Sep 18 with 1564 viewsjackal

For me, the standout issue was Sam Hammam's comments. That Swansea should be a feeder club for Cardiff.

The fvcking arrogance!
The Cardiff Rivalry on 06:08 - Sep 18 with 1564 viewsBluebird

The Cardiff Rivalry on 22:35 - Sep 17 by Luther27

Don't water it down....beat them and we also ram it up the sycophantic so called Welsh media ala J Mohamed. It' means a lot to the long serving genuine supporters. Funny how the empty seats in the stadium will suddenly be filled for this match if it doesn't mean much.

You have had thousands of empty seats in your rusty goldfish bowl every home game so far?
The Cardiff Rivalry on 08:05 - Sep 18 with 1501 viewsMrSwerve

I don’t know why many on here have been playing down our Cardiff rivalry over the last few years. Yes, we’ve been in different divisions for a while, but they are our only true rivals. Bristol can be a bit tasty but it’s nothing compared to the South Wales derby. People saying they hate the match because they fear losing...get a grip mun. It’s a hugely atmospheric match and winning it is the best high you can get, as a Swans fan.

Swansea v Cardiff is the biggest match in the World for me, bigger than the World Cup final (as a Swans fan, obviously). I can’t wait for it.

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

The Cardiff Rivalry on 08:13 - Sep 18 with 1494 viewsowainglyndwr

Couple of things here the rivalry from the 80s will never be forgotten by many.
And Cardiffs development has come at a cost to the rest of Wales
The Cardiff Rivalry on 08:56 - Sep 18 with 1463 viewsepaul

Fukin hate them, detest them, cant stand them, always have, always will, utter scum olf a club hope they crash and burn and go out of business.

The city centre is ok, me and the missus on the odd occasion have an afternoon and evening there

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:07 - Sep 18 with 1457 views34dfgdf54

The Cardiff Rivalry on 08:56 - Sep 18 by epaul

Fukin hate them, detest them, cant stand them, always have, always will, utter scum olf a club hope they crash and burn and go out of business.

The city centre is ok, me and the missus on the odd occasion have an afternoon and evening there

This.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:09 - Sep 18 with 1450 viewsmonmouth

The Cardiff Rivalry on 08:56 - Sep 18 by epaul

Wife was there yesterday. Said there are loads of rough sleepers in empty shop doorways. Seems like it's reverting back to the shabby and rough no knickers hole it always was before it extorted and leeched off the rest of Wales for its fur coat.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:10 - Sep 18 with 1447 viewsmonmouth

The Cardiff Rivalry on 06:08 - Sep 18 by Bluebird

You have had thousands of empty seats in your rusty goldfish bowl every home game so far?

You've had many thousands more. Bigger see.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:12 - Sep 18 with 1439 viewssainthelens

A big reason why this derby stands out amongst the others around is we hardly ever play each other. The old firm/mersey/Manchester/London derbies are constantly played . And just as previously mentioned , there are many of us with memories going back to the 80s and the fierce battles that took place. That never leaves you.
The city is ok for an afternoon out, but the club and the vermin that follow it make me physically sick with hatred.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:20 - Sep 18 with 1428 viewsTimTtam

What a surprise you're back after our first loss of the season.

How'd you lot go hosting Luton in the EFL Cup? Oh that's right. You didn't even hit 5k

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:21 - Sep 18 with 1428 viewsBlue_Blood

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:12 - Sep 18 by sainthelens

A big reason why this derby stands out amongst the others around is we hardly ever play each other. The old firm/mersey/Manchester/London derbies are constantly played . And just as previously mentioned , there are many of us with memories going back to the 80s and the fierce battles that took place. That never leaves you.
The city is ok for an afternoon out, but the club and the vermin that follow it make me physically sick with hatred.

Think you need to get a grip of yourself lad ffs
The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:28 - Sep 18 with 1417 viewsperchrockjack

Blue Blood.
Same applies ,son to you and your overinflated sense of worth.

It's why Wales should and will not become independent because cardiff will be getting all the money from government to the detriment of other regions.

What piddles me off is a Swansea fan questioning this rivalry. Only a Swansea man can understand the justifiable contempt towards the east .It doesn't require explaining ;it just is.

It is not a new thing as there was much hatred in the All Whites /Cardiff games ,almost as bad as the Turks fixture.

And some want us to be independent?

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:33 - Sep 18 with 1416 viewssainthelens

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:21 - Sep 18 by Blue_Blood

Think you need to get a grip of yourself lad ffs

Should the paths of you and I ever cross, I'll be getting a grip.....son.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:38 - Sep 18 with 1403 viewsperchrockjack

Been a long time since I been to Cardiff and have a niece and her family there.

After the Barnsley play off ,the walk back to Riverside was tasty. Whole pub turned out looking for Jacks and cornered one. I was in Plod then and dealt with it before reporting to a van of Police that there had been a conflab and one was slightly injured. I then left the scene.

The kid assaulted was no more than 14 .

Kunts-all of them

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Cardiff Rivalry on 09:42 - Sep 18 with 1396 viewsLuther27

Plastics left...same as yours did.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024