Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Cardiff Rivalry 16:16 - Sep 17 with 20857 viewsGammon

Does anyone else find it a bit tedious? I actually quite like the city of Cardiff. I work there 2 out of 5 days a week and it's a fantastic city now, hate to say it.

Their fans can be s**t heads but so can a minority of ours or any fanbase. I know in football a rivalry is required but if you're over the age of 30 and you still sing the anti-Cardiff songs, you need your head testing.

And why do we actually hate them? Because they're 45 minutes away by car?
The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:35 - Sep 17 with 7580 viewsbluey_the_blue

45 minutes away? Not at peak time it isn't.

I genuinely think Cardiff as a city has gone backwards especially in recent years under the Labour council.

We've endless "social engineering" in some areas to match the various Uni expansions - certain areas now firmly studentville, impacting on varied subjects such as parking, getting GP appointments ( our local surgery publish "non attendance" stats, around 90% being students ). Council agreed new builds of student accomodation which to the shock and surprise of literally nobody aren't being filled, thus developers wanting them to become non-student accomodation, something nobody could ever have forseen.

Yes, parts of the Bay have become quite nice but driving across Cardiff is a nightmare, there's only a few main ways each of which get snarled up fairly easily.

City centre? Endless coffee shops, cinemas. Yes, internet hasn't helped but when places with history like the Vulcan get pulled down... there's little regard for things that had history, make the city different. Sadly, for me it's becoming an identikit.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:38 - Sep 17 with 7573 viewsjacks777

Gammon, you obviously do not understand football.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:39 - Sep 17 with 7569 viewsSTID2017

I agree totally tedious.
It's fine to have banter with the opposition fans, be that Cardiff or Crewe.
Anything more than that is questionable to say the least.

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:41 - Sep 17 with 7563 viewsSTID2017

The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:38 - Sep 17 by jacks777

Gammon, you obviously do not understand football.

Why does understanding football have to equal hate and violence ?

The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:42 - Sep 17 with 7561 viewsjacks777

The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:41 - Sep 17 by STID2017

Why does understanding football have to equal hate and violence ?

Who has mentioned violence ?
The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:47 - Sep 17 with 7539 viewsjacks777

And let’s be honest the OP doesn’t want to see Swansea back in the PL, because it’s to stressful for him/her......fooking snowflakes everywhere 😂
The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:47 - Sep 17 with 7537 viewsSTID2017

The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:42 - Sep 17 by jacks777

Who has mentioned violence ?

You arw not naive enough to think that for a large minority at all clubs hate and violence don't go hand in hand ?
I'm assuming you have been to the games where bitter rivalry has led to violence ?

The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:50 - Sep 17 with 7528 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I don't like the derby games because the thought of losing is too painful.

They're great when we're 3 up with 5 minutes left but I'd normally take a draw before kick off every time.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Login to get fewer ads

The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:11 - Sep 17 with 7479 viewsjacks777

The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:47 - Sep 17 by STID2017

You arw not naive enough to think that for a large minority at all clubs hate and violence don't go hand in hand ?
I'm assuming you have been to the games where bitter rivalry has led to violence ?

I’ve also been to games where there is no rivalry between both clubs and there has been violence, but what has violence got to do with the rivalry between Swansea & Cardiff ?.

The vast majority of Swansea & Cardiff fans don’t get involved in violence, but still enjoy the rivalry between both clubs.

It’s a bit late in the day to be arguing about football rivalry.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:17 - Sep 17 with 7471 viewsAlfieMooresSon

It's 90% banter, although it can get nasty at times if you work with the tossers!

Agree with above the games themselves can be stressful, and hardly go to form, it could be tough this year, although we are the better team on paper, Colin will play dirty and have them right up for it. I just hope we win the home game as pressure is off for the away game, it would be a nightmare if they did the double.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:20 - Sep 17 with 7461 viewssainthelens

Ok I'll bite.
Gammon, you are a complete and utter tw@t. I pity the people sitting next to you at a game....if you indeed ever go.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:28 - Sep 17 with 7440 viewsjacks777

The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:20 - Sep 17 by sainthelens

Ok I'll bite.
Gammon, you are a complete and utter tw@t. I pity the people sitting next to you at a game....if you indeed ever go.

He’s to stressed to attend.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:29 - Sep 17 with 7441 viewsTimTtam

The city has nothing to do with it. From all accounts Cardiff the city isn't bad. But from my short time following the game, everything about Cardiff FC makes my blood boil. The fans are arrogant, the club itself too, and don't get me started on Warnock. They are a match made in heaven.

Stuff like Cardiff telling Will Vaulks to say something around the lines of "They're such a massive club" in his first interview after joining Cardiff. The club itself feel the need to tell everyone how big they are.

And then the fact they play anti-football and merely hope to dry the ball, hoof it into the box, and score a stoppage time winner (it worked several times last season sadly). They had such good fortune last season, and then after getting robbed in the Chelsea game (), Warnock had a sulk and cried that they'd been robbed of PL survival, yet after they scored an offside 90th minute winner against 10-man Brighton, he said nothing.

There's been times where I've wondered whether I should just give up the stress and not hate Cardiff. But then I remember all of the above, and instead wish Newport County well.

This is only my fourth season following football (and third hating Cardiff), and already I get nearly as much joy out of a Cardiff loss as a Swansea win. In fact, I didn't like them even before I realised they were out arch-rivals. It was just meant to be.
[Post edited 17 Sep 2019 17:30]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:29 - Sep 17 with 7437 viewslifelong

The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:11 - Sep 17 by jacks777

I’ve also been to games where there is no rivalry between both clubs and there has been violence, but what has violence got to do with the rivalry between Swansea & Cardiff ?.

The vast majority of Swansea & Cardiff fans don’t get involved in violence, but still enjoy the rivalry between both clubs.

They don’t get involved in violence because there will be about 200 Police Officers keeping them apart.
Such a waste of public money.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:33 - Sep 17 with 7423 viewspencoedjack

I despise Cardiff City football club.

The city is OK for a afternoon out, but the people & atmosphere on a night out in Swansea beats it every time.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:42 - Sep 17 with 7398 viewspencoedjack

Out of interest you posted the other day ‘ you hate Liverpool & their fans act like a bunch of c***ts’ but you don’t understand the rivalry between us & the Basseys.

Think you might be a bit mixed up on your football rivalry
The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:43 - Sep 17 with 7391 viewsjacks777

The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:29 - Sep 17 by lifelong

They don’t get involved in violence because there will be about 200 Police Officers keeping them apart.
Such a waste of public money.

What on earth has that got to do with it.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:43 - Sep 17 with 7385 viewsdickythorpe

The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:11 - Sep 17 by jacks777

You wouldn't be seen for dust if any of us started getting a slap that's for sure!!!
The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:45 - Sep 17 with 7386 viewssainthelens

The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:42 - Sep 17 by pencoedjack

Out of interest you posted the other day ‘ you hate Liverpool & their fans act like a bunch of c***ts’ but you don’t understand the rivalry between us & the Basseys.

Think you might be a bit mixed up on your football rivalry

Wasting our time pal trying to educate such people.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 17:54 - Sep 17 with 7370 viewsoldcob

You have to have rivalry. It's the life blood of all sports.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 18:01 - Sep 17 with 7348 viewsChief

OP doesn't have a clue

We don't call them scum because they are they are the nearest professional club. We call them scum because they give us reason to call them scum.

Delusions of grandeur and unwarranted arrogance. General scuminess of their fans. The way their fans act at Wales games when most are there to watch Wales, lots of them seem incapable of separating Cardiff and Wales. The way their fans make fun (in decent numbers) of the deaths of Terry Coles and Alan Davies.

More recent developments like Warnock - just a horrible manager, not paying for players they've signed.

Then of course there's general rivalry surrounding the fact that the FAW has favoured them, constant Welsh media bias towards them, regeneration and funding there while the rest of Wales suffers.

Need I go on?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Cardiff Rivalry on 18:05 - Sep 17 with 7339 viewssainthelens

The Cardiff Rivalry on 18:01 - Sep 17 by Chief

OP doesn't have a clue

We don't call them scum because they are they are the nearest professional club. We call them scum because they give us reason to call them scum.

Delusions of grandeur and unwarranted arrogance. General scuminess of their fans. The way their fans act at Wales games when most are there to watch Wales, lots of them seem incapable of separating Cardiff and Wales. The way their fans make fun (in decent numbers) of the deaths of Terry Coles and Alan Davies.

More recent developments like Warnock - just a horrible manager, not paying for players they've signed.

Then of course there's general rivalry surrounding the fact that the FAW has favoured them, constant Welsh media bias towards them, regeneration and funding there while the rest of Wales suffers.

Need I go on?

And that's why sending those cvnts packing in a few weeks will all be worth it.
The Cardiff Rivalry on 18:10 - Sep 17 with 7333 viewsOldjack

Not in the slightest …… the arrogance and delusion amongst them holds no bounds .The Bluebird Broadcasting Corporation...[BBC] believe we don't exist ,HORRIBLE CLUB HORRIBLE FANS ! [sic
Have they paid for poor Sala yet ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

The Cardiff Rivalry on 18:40 - Sep 17 with 7270 viewsBillyChong

Jesus wept
The Cardiff Rivalry on 18:40 - Sep 17 with 7269 viewsThornburyswan

The Cardiff Rivalry on 16:39 - Sep 17 by STID2017

I agree totally tedious.
It's fine to have banter with the opposition fans, be that Cardiff or Crewe.
Anything more than that is questionable to say the least.

This with bells on.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024