Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Which Team(s) Will Be Next 14:09 - Sep 18 with 1960 viewsTimTtam

To be liquidated like Bury were last month.

Macclesfield Town just had a 5th winding-up petition in the past 5 months adjourned. They've had financial issues for the best part of 2 seasons, and haven't been paying players their entire wages. Hull are also in financial and ownership mess with the Allams. Sounds like they make the yanks look like saviors. Hull still owe around 50 million to the owners, and are paying interest on top. I also read things from Oldham fans saying their finances could take a turn for the worst.

This is why getting Birch in was the best decision the yanks have made in their entire tenure. Losing Dan and Oli was tough to take, but we're now as financially stable as most Championship clubs.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 21:15 - Sep 18 with 1766 viewsDr_Winston

All the Americans did was common sense. The first order of business was to slash costs and make sure long term liabilities didn't strangle the club. It was the only sensible course of action, even if it did leave them open to accusations of asset stripping.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 22:22 - Sep 18 with 1710 viewsCatullus

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 21:15 - Sep 18 by Dr_Winston

All the Americans did was common sense. The first order of business was to slash costs and make sure long term liabilities didn't strangle the club. It was the only sensible course of action, even if it did leave them open to accusations of asset stripping.

I did wonder if the Yanks were robbing us but the evidence says no. Some still don't want to accept it though. Some would still prefer us to hit the financial skids again and then they'd blame the Yanks for spending too much...the Yanks can't win either way.

Whoever the next club or clubs may be, it may just be more common from now on. The fit and proper persons test doesn't seem to stop shysters taking over and ruining clubs. They all want to have a crack at the EPL treasure chest and seem to ignore the problems chasing the rainbow can bring.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 22:55 - Sep 18 with 1688 viewsmajorraglan

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 22:22 - Sep 18 by Catullus

I did wonder if the Yanks were robbing us but the evidence says no. Some still don't want to accept it though. Some would still prefer us to hit the financial skids again and then they'd blame the Yanks for spending too much...the Yanks can't win either way.

Whoever the next club or clubs may be, it may just be more common from now on. The fit and proper persons test doesn't seem to stop shysters taking over and ruining clubs. They all want to have a crack at the EPL treasure chest and seem to ignore the problems chasing the rainbow can bring.

Until there is more transparency with the running of the club there will be spevulation they are taking money out of the club, they aren’t helping themselves with their refusal to allow the Trust full access to the accounts without signing an NDA.

The reality is that the Club has to reduce its operating costs substantially over the course of 3 seasons to remain solvent, income will drop from somewhere in the region of £100m plus to somewhere around £20m ? after the parachute payments dry up, that’s a huge cut.

Agree with you re the fit and proper test, it’s ineffective and there are some right dodgy........running football clubs.
Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 23:11 - Sep 18 with 1675 viewsLuther27

This is where I struggle regarding the charms of promotion to the Premiership. We had a good run...seven years, and yet when relegated we had to have a fire sale to balance the books. How many relegated clubs have gone into free fall in the last few years upon relegation?
Thanks to the U23 system some of whom were promoted to first team last season, we were equipped to not only stabilise in this division, but, now thanks to the sale of Ollie, Dan, Potter and J. Ayew are now financially in a pretty stable position, and, hopefully a top six finish.
However...if that happens do we do a Fulham, Huddersfield, Wolves etc and spend spend spend.
Over to you.
Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 09:10 - Sep 19 with 1529 viewsperchrockjack

We might as well simply stay where we are then in our rightful place;question is where is that?

Without ambition,it is pointless.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 10:00 - Sep 19 with 1494 viewsDr_Winston

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 23:11 - Sep 18 by Luther27

This is where I struggle regarding the charms of promotion to the Premiership. We had a good run...seven years, and yet when relegated we had to have a fire sale to balance the books. How many relegated clubs have gone into free fall in the last few years upon relegation?
Thanks to the U23 system some of whom were promoted to first team last season, we were equipped to not only stabilise in this division, but, now thanks to the sale of Ollie, Dan, Potter and J. Ayew are now financially in a pretty stable position, and, hopefully a top six finish.
However...if that happens do we do a Fulham, Huddersfield, Wolves etc and spend spend spend.
Over to you.

We try to do what we did before.

We can't outspend teams, not without putting the clubs long term future at risk. We have to do things smarter than they do. It worked for a number of years before we forgot the lessons learned and just resorted to simple spending.

You can be ambitious and look to progress without being stupid.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 10:59 - Sep 19 with 1449 viewsLuther27

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 10:00 - Sep 19 by Dr_Winston

We try to do what we did before.

We can't outspend teams, not without putting the clubs long term future at risk. We have to do things smarter than they do. It worked for a number of years before we forgot the lessons learned and just resorted to simple spending.

You can be ambitious and look to progress without being stupid.

I agree. However, the first team is doing brilliant at the moment, but our U23s are struggling. On relegation they were crucial to feed the first team and it worked brilliant. There doesn't seem to be much there at the moment, although I've no doubt Jasper will tell me I'm wrong.
What I'm trying to say is the Premiership sucks the soul out of a club. Remember some of our rabid fans baying for us to sign every fvcker and shouted lack of ambition when we didn't? It was easy to get sucked into wasn't it.
If we plan smart as you put it, then great. But that smartness took a few million which we won't have to set up a very successful academy system either to fill in the first team gaps or make money on transfers.
Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 11:02 - Sep 19 with 1447 viewsjasper_T

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 22:55 - Sep 18 by majorraglan

Until there is more transparency with the running of the club there will be spevulation they are taking money out of the club, they aren’t helping themselves with their refusal to allow the Trust full access to the accounts without signing an NDA.

The reality is that the Club has to reduce its operating costs substantially over the course of 3 seasons to remain solvent, income will drop from somewhere in the region of £100m plus to somewhere around £20m ? after the parachute payments dry up, that’s a huge cut.

Agree with you re the fit and proper test, it’s ineffective and there are some right dodgy........running football clubs.

Turnover will probably around £17-18m a year when parachute payments finish. The typical wage bill at this level is £25m+.

Wasn't the NDA issue talked about regarding access to monthly management accounts which was resolved last summer? The Trust has been seeing what it always used to see.
Login to get fewer ads

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 11:11 - Sep 19 with 1437 viewsTimTtam

The point is that we can't overspend. Not in an age where several clubs could be at risk in the next few years. Now that we are back on level financial terms, if we lose a player or two (it will happen), we can invest that money into new players.

If we're smart, we will find hidden gems. Look at Norwich with Pukki. They got him on a free. Reminds me of a certain bargain deal we got back in 2012/13...

Stoke are screwed if they don't get promoted (nearly impossible now), and instead they could very well head into League One. Derby are playing a dangerous game with their stadium and with Rooney. The path we're on is the best, and quite frankly the only option.

My name is Matt

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 11:39 - Sep 19 with 1405 viewsItchySphincter

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 10:59 - Sep 19 by Luther27

I agree. However, the first team is doing brilliant at the moment, but our U23s are struggling. On relegation they were crucial to feed the first team and it worked brilliant. There doesn't seem to be much there at the moment, although I've no doubt Jasper will tell me I'm wrong.
What I'm trying to say is the Premiership sucks the soul out of a club. Remember some of our rabid fans baying for us to sign every fvcker and shouted lack of ambition when we didn't? It was easy to get sucked into wasn't it.
If we plan smart as you put it, then great. But that smartness took a few million which we won't have to set up a very successful academy system either to fill in the first team gaps or make money on transfers.

Our academy got us out of the shit when we went down because Premier League money was spent on it.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 12:19 - Sep 19 with 1376 viewsDr_Winston

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 10:59 - Sep 19 by Luther27

Results at u23 level are unimportant. With the volume of players who have left that level into the first team you'd expect to see disruption. As long as individual player development continues its fine.

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 17:43 - Sep 19 with 1250 viewsbuilthjack

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 09:10 - Sep 19 by perchrockjack

We might as well simply stay where we are then in our rightful place;question is where is that?

Without ambition,it is pointless.

Premier League. But don't go into debt. There really is no need.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 17:55 - Sep 19 with 1225 viewslondonlisa2001

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 11:02 - Sep 19 by jasper_T

Turnover will probably around £17-18m a year when parachute payments finish. The typical wage bill at this level is £25m+.

Wasn't the NDA issue talked about regarding access to monthly management accounts which was resolved last summer? The Trust has been seeing what it always used to see.

Re second paragraph:

NDA issue was not about management accounts.

It wasn’t resolved.

You’ve made that up.
Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 18:51 - Sep 19 with 1197 viewsperchrockjack

Fair Ken.

Think we are getting to be in a good position again.

My point is footballers and fans should have ambition.If not,then it's all a waste of time.

No dream,no life

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 18:59 - Sep 19 with 1190 viewscimlajack

"AMBITION IS CRITICAL "
Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 21:07 - Sep 19 with 1142 viewsperchrockjack

If we have no ambition, we have no life.

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 21:17 - Sep 19 with 1133 viewsCatullus

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 17:43 - Sep 19 by builthjack

Premier League. But don't go into debt. There really is no need.

Plenty won't agree with that either. I remember Cardiff being ridiculed for not spending to try and stay up.
It's one of those subjects that will always have many shades of opinion.

For instance, did the academy help us in the EPL? Though obviously we can say it saved us after relegation. There will be lots o difference here too.

Football eh, always something to disagree over,

Perch, I sort of agree that ambition is critical but different people will have different ambitions.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 17:17 - Sep 20 with 1020 viewsperchrockjack

If they have ambition then they have a life.

If the club has none ,it's all pointless.

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 17:20 - Sep 20 with 1015 viewsCatullus

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 17:17 - Sep 20 by perchrockjack

If they have ambition then they have a life.

If the club has none ,it's all pointless.

What if the owners only ambition is to make a quick profit though? It wouldn't help our blood pressures!

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 12:46 - Oct 17 with 864 viewsTimTtam

Bury will cease to exist in 13 days. They're just paying back as many creditors as they can now, even though they know what will happen. The fact that the majority of fans want the club to die, just to get rid of Dale, is very sad.

They had a bid potentially accepted to get them playing in the National League next year, but that was before the winding-up petition was postponed for the last time. Worst-case scenario for Bury is that they play in the 10th tier without a home ground.

My name is Matt

Which Team(s) Will Be Next on 14:01 - Oct 17 with 768 viewsBadlands

I did wonder if this was a cat but the evidence says no.

To many who live in fantasy worlds this is a cat, and we were lied to.
[Post edited 17 Oct 2019 14:13]

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024