Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Great news for Bridgend 17:35 - Sep 18 with 5639 viewsDdraigGoch

Ineos make of 4x4’s to start manufacturing in Bridgend creating hundreds of jobs! Fantastic news amongst all the doom and gloom at the moment.
Great news for Bridgend on 06:37 - Sep 19 with 1169 viewsjacks777

Great news for Bridgend on 00:58 - Sep 19 by DJack

BULLSHÍT, this coutry no longer has the money nor desire to risk such a capital expence.

Controversial jack is correct. We no longer have the expertise in the U.K. we once were world leaders in atomic/nuclear power stations i.e - Windscale, Hinkley point A.

Maybe if we stopped sending billions of £ to the eu and stopped overseas aid we would have the money to fund big infrastructure projects such as HPC.
Great news for Bridgend on 06:41 - Sep 19 with 1165 viewsCooperman

Great news for Bridgend on 21:29 - Sep 18 by Brynmill_Jack

Aren’t Aston Martin going somewhere near St Athan?

Correct.

St Athan is the HQ for their electrification programme and the manufacturing base for their forthcoming SUV platform.

One of the main factors in the decision to bring this operation to Wales was the availability of the skill sets necessary to deliver the strategic plan.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Great news for Bridgend on 08:37 - Sep 19 with 1116 viewsVincent_Vega

Great news for Bridgend on 06:41 - Sep 19 by Cooperman

Correct.

St Athan is the HQ for their electrification programme and the manufacturing base for their forthcoming SUV platform.

One of the main factors in the decision to bring this operation to Wales was the availability of the skill sets necessary to deliver the strategic plan.

Another main factor I'm sure is a huge subsidy from the WAG.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Great news for Bridgend on 08:54 - Sep 19 with 1108 viewsraynor94

Great news for Bridgend on 08:37 - Sep 19 by Vincent_Vega

£60 million by all account, from the Welsh and UK governments

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Great news for Bridgend on 08:58 - Sep 19 with 1107 viewsEbo

Great news for Bridgend on 22:04 - Sep 18 by jacks777

Plenty of work out there.

Tell that to a person in work poverty who has to cover 2 jobs just to exist. Prick.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Great news for Bridgend on 09:06 - Sep 19 with 1100 viewsperchrockjack

And there are jobs that our feckless would not touch,which will become evident when we leave EU.

Imagine our nailed up kids wiping arses of the Old in a stinky Home

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Great news for Bridgend on 09:20 - Sep 19 with 1088 viewsjacks777

Great news for Bridgend on 09:06 - Sep 19 by perchrockjack

And there are jobs that our feckless would not touch,which will become evident when we leave EU.

However did we manage before
Great news for Bridgend on 09:21 - Sep 19 with 1087 viewsjacks777

Great news for Bridgend on 08:58 - Sep 19 by Ebo

Tell that to a person in work poverty who has to cover 2 jobs just to exist. Prick.

Education or training is the answer.
Idiot.
Login to get fewer ads

Great news for Bridgend on 09:21 - Sep 19 with 1087 viewsperchrockjack

Debate ,now come on Eb.

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Great news for Bridgend on 09:30 - Sep 19 with 1075 viewsCooperman

Great news for Bridgend on 08:37 - Sep 19 by Vincent_Vega

That’s right but don’t under estimate the work that the Ineos team put into nominating a production base. I was close to this programme in recent times so know some of the background detail.

Great news for Bridgend on 09:37 - Sep 19 with 1065 viewscontroversial_jack

Great news for Bridgend on 09:30 - Sep 19 by Cooperman

That’s right but don’t under estimate the work that the Ineos team put into nominating a production base. I was close to this programme in recent times so know some of the background detail.

In other words, it was the cheapest option.
Great news for Bridgend on 10:11 - Sep 19 with 1051 viewsBarryTownSwam

Great news for Bridgend on 22:16 - Sep 18 by westside

isn't Hinkley being built by EDF a French firm so much for taking back control then

Kier Construction Group have a £billion sub-contract at Hinckley Point. About to employ 2100 skilled people once they get the go-ahead that the project has cleared UK planning and political hurdles. However, looks like these won’t be new jobs as Kier are waiting to see the outcome of the HS2 rail report as if HS2 is scrapped they’ll have 3400 skilled workers to redeploy from HS2 to Hinckley before laying off the remInder.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 10:16]
Great news for Bridgend on 10:29 - Sep 19 with 1039 viewsCooperman

Great news for Bridgend on 09:37 - Sep 19 by controversial_jack

In other words, it was the cheapest option.

Quite possibly. Jim Ratcliffe didn’t gather his wealth by throwing money around when he didn’t need to.

Great news for Bridgend on 10:37 - Sep 19 with 1026 viewsVincent_Vega

Great news for Bridgend on 09:30 - Sep 19 by Cooperman

I'm not knocking it I'm chuffed Ineos is coming to Wales and Aston are here. Any news on TVR? heard they were on the way to Caerphilly.

Biggest problem I see in Wales/UK is training and work ethic. You either can't retrain as its too costly (as in you have financial commitments) or the facilities don't exist or your current employer doesn't want you to as it means you'll be off.

Then you get the types that can't be ar$sed. We all see them about.

Great news for Bridgend on 10:58 - Sep 19 with 1016 viewsCooperman

Great news for Bridgend on 10:37 - Sep 19 by Vincent_Vega

I'm not knocking it I'm chuffed Ineos is coming to Wales and Aston are here. Any news on TVR? heard they were on the way to Caerphilly.

Biggest problem I see in Wales/UK is training and work ethic. You either can't retrain as its too costly (as in you have financial commitments) or the facilities don't exist or your current employer doesn't want you to as it means you'll be off.

Then you get the types that can't be ar$sed. We all see them about.

Aston Martin have invested hundreds of thousands of pounds in staff training; this has involved having considerable numbers of new hires transported up from Wales and trained onsite at their Gaydon facility in Warwickshire. They haven’t done this so that the new employees can jump ship and go elsewhere and employee contracts are such that it rewards loyalty to the organisation. Too many businesses fail because they don’t invest properly in staff training and skill development; in turn the quality of their output suffers and the business ultimately contracts.

Work ethic is a completely different story. AM are certainly enhancing the skill sets of those willing to learn and be part of a business scheme that demands the highest quality from each and every staff member at all times. Those that cannot be arsed won’t have made it through the selection phase and will be free to carry on doing whatever currently fills their lives.

Great news for Bridgend on 11:15 - Sep 19 with 1002 viewscontroversial_jack

Great news for Bridgend on 10:58 - Sep 19 by Cooperman

Aston Martin have invested hundreds of thousands of pounds in staff training; this has involved having considerable numbers of new hires transported up from Wales and trained onsite at their Gaydon facility in Warwickshire. They haven’t done this so that the new employees can jump ship and go elsewhere and employee contracts are such that it rewards loyalty to the organisation. Too many businesses fail because they don’t invest properly in staff training and skill development; in turn the quality of their output suffers and the business ultimately contracts.

Work ethic is a completely different story. AM are certainly enhancing the skill sets of those willing to learn and be part of a business scheme that demands the highest quality from each and every staff member at all times. Those that cannot be arsed won’t have made it through the selection phase and will be free to carry on doing whatever currently fills their lives.

That sounded like complete management waffle. Say the truth, that it's just cheaper here than anywhere else
Great news for Bridgend on 11:50 - Sep 19 with 981 viewsCooperman

Great news for Bridgend on 11:15 - Sep 19 by controversial_jack

That sounded like complete management waffle. Say the truth, that it's just cheaper here than anywhere else

Right’o. I won’t bother explaining the parts that you cannot grasp or don’t believe.

Great news for Bridgend on 12:31 - Sep 19 with 963 viewscontroversial_jack

Great news for Bridgend on 11:50 - Sep 19 by Cooperman

Right’o. I won’t bother explaining the parts that you cannot grasp or don’t believe.

Of course i can understand, it's simple enough, but it's management waffle at it's best.Everything I detest about British and American management.
Great news for Bridgend on 13:15 - Sep 19 with 943 viewsjacks777

Great news for Bridgend on 10:11 - Sep 19 by BarryTownSwam

Kier Construction Group have a £billion sub-contract at Hinckley Point. About to employ 2100 skilled people once they get the go-ahead that the project has cleared UK planning and political hurdles. However, looks like these won’t be new jobs as Kier are waiting to see the outcome of the HS2 rail report as if HS2 is scrapped they’ll have 3400 skilled workers to redeploy from HS2 to Hinckley before laying off the remInder.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 10:16]

You are about 4 years out. Kierbam who have done the enabling and infrastructure work At Hinkley are currently scaling down their workforce from about 1,800 at its peak to around 400 by Xmas.

It’s ByLor who will now be taking on skilled men, plus the MEH will start at HPC next year, with eventually thousands more jobs.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 13:17]
Great news for Bridgend on 13:24 - Sep 19 with 935 viewsEbo

Great news for Bridgend on 09:21 - Sep 19 by jacks777

Education or training is the answer.
Idiot.

You mean like the 1000's of uni graduates who can't find a job yet end up doing zero hours to just get by. Or the single parent unable to afford further education.

You really don't live in the real world do you?

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

Great news for Bridgend on 13:31 - Sep 19 with 922 viewsjacks777

Great news for Bridgend on 13:24 - Sep 19 by Ebo

You mean like the 1000's of uni graduates who can't find a job yet end up doing zero hours to just get by. Or the single parent unable to afford further education.

You really don't live in the real world do you?

1,000’s of university graduates who have qualifications that aren’t worth the paper their written on.
Great news for Bridgend on 13:35 - Sep 19 with 918 viewslondonlisa2001

Great news for Bridgend on 13:31 - Sep 19 by jacks777

1,000’s of university graduates who have qualifications that aren’t worth the paper their written on.

If nothing else the education they receive may teach them the difference between ‘their’ and ‘they’re’.
Great news for Bridgend on 13:35 - Sep 19 with 917 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Great news for Bridgend on 08:58 - Sep 19 by Ebo

Who have been doing that for years, well before Brexit was even an idea

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Great news for Bridgend on 13:46 - Sep 19 with 909 viewsVincent_Vega

Great news for Bridgend on 13:31 - Sep 19 by jacks777

This is part of the issue, the system is geared to get as many through Uni by any means necessary rather than looking at the national skills shortage and offer the incentives through what is needed. May come as a shock but an English media degree is worth jack sh1t in the wider world where we are short of carers, engineers, doctors, welders, finance etc.

Great news for Bridgend on 14:08 - Sep 19 with 894 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Great news for Bridgend on 09:06 - Sep 19 by perchrockjack

Fair point made perch

Let the brexiteers do it 😀

Great news for South Wales , let’s hope there’s more to come
[Post edited 19 Sep 2019 14:09]

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024