Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thomas Cook 08:38 - Sep 20 with 1997 viewsVincent_Vega

Not looking good

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-49761464

Booked a week in Greece with them going next week?!

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Thomas Cook on 08:42 - Sep 20 with 1988 viewsperchrockjack

Daughter's in Italy right now.ffs

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Thomas Cook on 08:47 - Sep 20 with 1976 viewsVincent_Vega

Thomas Cook on 08:42 - Sep 20 by perchrockjack

Daughter's in Italy right now.ffs

Oh Fudge hope all works out.

I read should it go pop the CAA with get emergency flights to get people home. how that would happen god knows

Thomas Cook on 08:47 - Sep 20 with 1974 viewsCatullus

Everyone's coverd by ATOL aren't they. On tv this morning the BBC holiday guy was saying therr's some cracking deals in the next few weeks and people shouldn't worry, they'll get their money back!

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Thomas Cook on 08:50 - Sep 20 with 1971 viewsperchrockjack

It's a worry though and losing this company will have a huge impact on our High Streets.

Thomas Cook on 09:04 - Sep 20 with 1958 viewsMrSwerve

Thomas Cook on 08:50 - Sep 20 by perchrockjack

It's a worry though and losing this company will have a huge impact on our High Streets.

Do people actually go into travel agents these days? I haven’t been to one in over ten years...

Poll: Decision day - who wins the PL title?

Thomas Cook on 09:10 - Sep 20 with 1953 viewsperchrockjack

Yes,they most certainly do.

Some people,God help them ,like to kep their communities alive and shopping there helps.

We often buy food at the adjacent farm to us although it's far dearer fare although far superior quality.

You don't know what you got till it's gone

Thomas Cook on 09:21 - Sep 20 with 1936 viewscontroversial_jack

Thomas Cook on 09:10 - Sep 20 by perchrockjack

Some people,God help them ,like to kep their communities alive and shopping there helps.

We often buy food at the adjacent farm to us although it's far dearer fare although far superior quality.

I don't think that's their motive for going to travel agents, probably those who aren't online or can't be arsed to do it online
(No subject) (n/t) on 09:25 - Sep 20 with 1929 viewsWxmJax

Thomas Cook on 09:10 - Sep 20 by perchrockjack

Not sure how using a travel agent helps keep the local community alive.

In travel agents, 3 Orlando flights were £259 each. Went home and booked the exact same flight on ceefax, as it was then, for £79 each, so I got my 3 flights for the price of 1. That was 23 years ago and I haven't been in one since.

Hope TC pull through, been using them for New York flights, never paid more than £300 return and better than Virgin in our opinion.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 9:56]

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Login to get fewer ads

Thomas Cook on 09:31 - Sep 20 with 1918 viewsraynor94

Thomas Cook on 08:47 - Sep 20 by Vincent_Vega

Oh Fudge hope all works out.

I read should it go pop the CAA with get emergency flights to get people home. how that would happen god knows

As long as you are on a package

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Thomas Cook on 09:49 - Sep 20 with 1892 viewsVincent_Vega

Thomas Cook on 09:31 - Sep 20 by raynor94

As long as you are on a package

I am. I did it old school and went to a travel agent. Checked the ATOL certificate this morning

Speaking selfishly I know you get your money back but you wind yourself up to go on a sunny break then find it's touch and go through no fault of your own. Ce La Vie I suppose.

Could be worse, could be working for them...

Thomas Cook on 09:51 - Sep 20 with 1890 viewsraynor94

Thomas Cook on 09:49 - Sep 20 by Vincent_Vega

I am. I did it old school and went to a travel agent. Checked the ATOL certificate this morning

Speaking selfishly I know you get your money back but you wind yourself up to go on a sunny break then find it's touch and go through no fault of your own. Ce La Vie I suppose.

Could be worse, could be working for them...

Package, and pay with a credit card every time

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Thomas Cook on 10:00 - Sep 20 with 1872 viewsVincent_Vega

Thomas Cook on 09:51 - Sep 20 by raynor94

Package, and pay with a credit card every time

Yep.

Thomas Cook on 10:04 - Sep 20 with 1863 viewsHighjack

Thomas Cook on 09:04 - Sep 20 by MrSwerve

Do people actually go into travel agents these days? I haven’t been to one in over ten years...

I went into one a few years back, the miserable cow behind the desk basically told me to bugger off and go online. It’s no wonder they’re closing down.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

(No subject) (n/t) on 10:21 - Sep 20 with 1848 viewspikeypaul

(No subject) (n/t) on 09:25 - Sep 20 by WxmJax

Not sure how using a travel agent helps keep the local community alive.

In travel agents, 3 Orlando flights were £259 each. Went home and booked the exact same flight on ceefax, as it was then, for £79 each, so I got my 3 flights for the price of 1. That was 23 years ago and I haven't been in one since.

Hope TC pull through, been using them for New York flights, never paid more than £300 return and better than Virgin in our opinion.
[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 9:56]

Travel agents are a thing of the past,its so easy these days to do your own research with the web.
Just had 17 days in Florida done all independently booking own flights,car and villa for around £1500 less than if i booked with an agent.
It all went smooth as clockwork and a great holiday was had.

OUT AFLI SUCK IT UP REMOANER LOSERS 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧 🇬🇧
Poll: Where wil Judas be sitting when we play Millwall?

Thomas Cook on 10:40 - Sep 20 with 1836 viewsLohengrin

When I was a nipper Thomas Cook was the foreign travel arm of the nationalised Transport Commission.

A week’s package holiday to Franco’s Spain courtesy of Harold Wilson.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Thomas Cook on 10:55 - Sep 20 with 1821 viewsCooperman

We have done DIY holiday planning for years and without issue.

Fast forward to July of this year. After having several pints in the bar at Bristol Airport, EasyJet cancelled our flights to Toulouse. This happened on the weekend of the thunderstorms across Europe and mass flight cancellations so they couldn't get us on another flight until 72 hours later. To cut a long story short we said thanks very much, took the compensation, took the flight refunds and made our way to South of France via a combination of taxi to Portsmouth, overnight ferry to Caen, train to Paris and finally the TGV to Toulouse.

Of course we were pi55ed off but we just got on with it and all things considered we only arrived 24 hours later than originally planned. A combination of the compo, flight refunds and an EasyJet contribution to our Plan B travel costs pretty much resulted in a free holiday.

We of course debated the 'what if we had done a package' and quickly arrived at the conclusion of not giving up on DIY, so much so that we've already planned the same for future holidays.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024