Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Greta Thunberg 12:04 - Sep 20 with 5420 viewsLohengrin

Her impact is extraordinary. There’s never been anything like it even if the scramble by politicians to be associated with her does leave a taste of sick in the back of my throat.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Greta Thunberg on 12:09 - Sep 20 with 2397 viewslondonlisa2001

There’s a definite sense of witnessing one of those unbelievably rare people that changes the world when looking at her.

Everything about her. In particular, for me, her stillness.
Greta Thunberg on 12:15 - Sep 20 with 2388 viewsPegojack

She's a remarkable young woman. But what warms my heart the most is that young people everywhere are embracing her message. It gives me hope for the future, in a time when caants like Trump will be pushing up the daisies.
Greta Thunberg on 12:16 - Sep 20 with 2382 viewsLohengrin

Greta Thunberg on 12:09 - Sep 20 by londonlisa2001

There’s a definite sense of witnessing one of those unbelievably rare people that changes the world when looking at her.

Everything about her. In particular, for me, her stillness.

I was saying yesterday that she has something of the Biblical Prophet about her, or what I imagine them to have been like at any rate.

“Don’t be daft,” I was told. I still see the parallel though.

Greta Thunberg on 12:25 - Sep 20 with 2354 viewslondonlisa2001

Greta Thunberg on 12:16 - Sep 20 by Lohengrin

I was saying yesterday that she has something of the Biblical Prophet about her, or what I imagine them to have been like at any rate.

“Don’t be daft,” I was told. I still see the parallel though.

Funnily enough, I said exactly that this morning, and thought I’d sound like an idiot if I mentioned it.

There is something about her. I realise it’s at least partly her medical issues, but the effect is incredible. The pictures from places like Uganda, Delhi - it’s almost unbelievable.

Meanwhile, the number of people ‘hating’ her on social media is pathetic. Largely the same people that spend all day, every day posting extremist bile. Ooh, the children are missing one day of school - shock, horror.
Greta Thunberg on 12:27 - Sep 20 with 2354 viewsdickythorpe

Yes, Russ Abbot knew what he was doing.

https://static.independent.co.uk/s3fs-public/thumbnails/image/2018/01/26/13/russ
Greta Thunberg on 12:59 - Sep 20 with 2325 viewsmonmouth

She is astounding. Her sheer will power and personal force comes over on screen. Powerful and unsettling, and hugely effective.

She has achieved more in her young life already than any of us will ever get near.

The scramble to rubbish her is also sickening.

I fear she's too late for this particular species though.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Greta Thunberg on 13:16 - Sep 20 with 2305 viewsjack247

Agree with all the above.

She has a mesmeric quality about her I’ve never seen before, in anyone. Focused and driven, but incredibly calm and unflappable at the same time. She exudes ‘can’t be bought’ if that makes sense.
Greta Thunberg on 13:25 - Sep 20 with 2277 viewsGwyn737

A a brilliant example of ASD shown as a positive.
Login to get fewer ads

Greta Thunberg on 13:55 - Sep 20 with 2242 viewsLeonWasGod

Greta Thunberg on 12:59 - Sep 20 by monmouth

She is astounding. Her sheer will power and personal force comes over on screen. Powerful and unsettling, and hugely effective.

She has achieved more in her young life already than any of us will ever get near.

The scramble to rubbish her is also sickening.

I fear she's too late for this particular species though.

Don't be silly mun. She's an elitist establishment plant sent to rob us of our freedoms
Greta Thunberg on 14:57 - Sep 20 with 2207 viewstheloneranger

She's very much like this extremely brave young lady ...

Malala Yousafza

[Post edited 20 Sep 2019 15:01]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Greta Thunberg on 15:05 - Sep 20 with 2188 viewsHumpty

Greta Thunberg on 13:55 - Sep 20 by LeonWasGod

Don't be silly mun. She's an elitist establishment plant sent to rob us of our freedoms

And she uses her autism.
Greta Thunberg on 15:28 - Sep 20 with 2161 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

So why do the right wing press hate/criticise her so much 🤷🏼‍♂️

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Greta Thunberg on 16:01 - Sep 20 with 2136 viewsLohengrin

Greta Thunberg on 15:28 - Sep 20 by oh_tommy_tommy

So why do the right wing press hate/criticise her so much 🤷🏼‍♂️

Because of the threat she poses to ‘The Market.’

Finis.

Greta Thunberg on 16:45 - Sep 20 with 2059 viewsCatullus

Greta Thunberg on 16:01 - Sep 20 by Lohengrin

Finis.

Malala is the girl. She knows what it's like to be threatened with death by extremist lunatics for what can only be called utterly insane reasons.

I'm not knocking Thunberg btw. Her message is obviously good but she's been hijacked by the politicians who want to improve their image, which is most of them. Then so has Malala I guess.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Greta Thunberg on 16:50 - Sep 20 with 2067 viewsHighjack

Greta Thunberg on 16:01 - Sep 20 by Lohengrin

Finis.

Yep. Praise be upon them.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Greta Thunberg on 17:04 - Sep 20 with 2058 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

More evidence, if needed, of what a mess we are making of our environment.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-49744435

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

Greta Thunberg on 20:02 - Sep 24 with 1882 viewsCaptain_Sham

Shes taking a pasting right now. When she said " I should be in school" all I could think was
yes you should. Seems to be having a negative affect on her.

Its just a ride.

Greta Thunberg on 20:12 - Sep 24 with 1840 viewsUxbridge

Greta Thunberg on 20:02 - Sep 24 by Captain_Sham

Shes taking a pasting right now. When she said " I should be in school" all I could think was
yes you should. Seems to be having a negative affect on her.

What are we hoping she will learn in school that will be a better or more important lesson for her than the experiences she's currently having?

She's a force of nature. She's managed to inspire my daughter when previously only Fortnite or her mobile phone could get near to doing so. The clamour to discredit her is absolutely sickening. Given the subject matter, you have to wonder why.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Greta Thunberg on 20:19 - Sep 24 with 1829 viewsLohengrin

Greta Thunberg on 20:12 - Sep 24 by Uxbridge

What are we hoping she will learn in school that will be a better or more important lesson for her than the experiences she's currently having?

She's a force of nature. She's managed to inspire my daughter when previously only Fortnite or her mobile phone could get near to doing so. The clamour to discredit her is absolutely sickening. Given the subject matter, you have to wonder why.

I think we know why.

Greta Thunberg on 20:21 - Sep 24 with 1817 viewsCaptain_Sham

Greta Thunberg on 20:12 - Sep 24 by Uxbridge

She looks like she is unravelling. But hey its ok because your daughters inspired.

Its just a ride.

Greta Thunberg on 20:28 - Sep 24 with 1789 viewsUxbridge

Greta Thunberg on 20:19 - Sep 24 by Lohengrin

I think we know why.

Indeed. I'm sure it's all to do with being concerned for her welfare.

Greta Thunberg on 20:29 - Sep 24 with 1782 viewsUxbridge

Greta Thunberg on 20:21 - Sep 24 by Captain_Sham

She looks like she is unravelling. But hey its ok because your daughters inspired.

She looks like an angry 16 year old girl. We've got one in the house. She's pretty moderate in comparison.

Greta Thunberg on 20:30 - Sep 24 with 1775 viewsCaptain_Sham

Greta Thunberg on 20:29 - Sep 24 by Uxbridge

She looks like an angry 16 year old girl. We've got one in the house. She's pretty moderate in comparison.

My son has aspergers. Excuse me if I Im not swayed by your patronising reassurances.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 20:32]

Its just a ride.

Greta Thunberg on 20:31 - Sep 24 with 1769 viewsLeonWasGod

Greta Thunberg on 20:21 - Sep 24 by Captain_Sham

I’m sure she’s got a good support network around her. Besides, it doesn’t look like anyone’s going to stop her whether they want to or not.
Greta Thunberg on 20:34 - Sep 24 with 1751 viewsUxbridge

Greta Thunberg on 20:30 - Sep 24 by Captain_Sham

My son has aspergers. Excuse me if I Im not swayed by your patronising reassurances.
[Post edited 24 Sep 2019 20:32]

Not patronising in the slightest. I wouldn't dream to presume to be knowledgeable on the subject. I also wouldn't dream of accusing somebody's parents of not looking after their child because I disagree with their views on climate change.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024